00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4510mike just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Universe Collab

51,663 Views | 1,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-21 18:19:57

At 11/21/08 07:19 AM, Munz wrote: I thought i was doing creation of our solar system...

oh ok

sorry this is hard to keep track of!

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-22 20:53:38

At 11/21/08 06:19 PM, Archon68 wrote:
At 11/21/08 07:19 AM, Munz wrote: I thought i was doing creation of our solar system...
oh ok

sorry this is hard to keep track of!

thats k

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-22 21:24:50

i just finished reading the entire post after working 3 hours on a flash useing a god creating the earth >.<

Response to "dumbest person you ever met" :

"Some girl I knew once forgot how to breath." -Dlxrevolution

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-22 21:40:47

why is everyone trying to steal my part, it MINE

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-23 11:13:56

At 11/21/08 06:27 AM, Archon68 wrote:
At 11/21/08 05:11 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: Hey i've recently learned 3d flash, and can make decent 3d flashes..

So if there is any part in space available, I could probably do that in 3D.
That would be SO COOL. How about the "Big light in sky goes boom!" or "Creation of our solar system?"

Two things, first of all, the song for the "Big light in sky goes boom!" is like...2 minutes, and how long do you want it to be? I mean the sun blowing up and another forming doesn't take that much.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-23 12:36:43

I'm also working on making a 3d menu!!!

Any idea for it would be appreciated. So far I'm working on making a nice spacey background, the earth revolving on the right side of the screen, and planets rotating around buttons on the left side... Nice huh?

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-23 14:18:31

Can I do animals and dinosaurs?

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-23 14:30:20

Id like to do the cells merging together section, 2 questions,
1: does it have to be super serious?
2: DO I HAVE TO ANIMATE A 4 MINUTE SONG?
1.5: how long do I have.
1.75: If its shorter than 4.7/2 weeks, count me out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-23 15:05:29

At 11/23/08 12:36 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: I'm also working on making a 3d menu!!!

Any idea for it would be appreciated. So far I'm working on making a nice spacey background, the earth revolving on the right side of the screen, and planets rotating around buttons on the left side... Nice huh?

yea sounds good, if your good at action script you should make the thing spin when you click on a planet, and the sun can be play

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-23 15:45:02

At 11/23/08 03:05 PM, Munz wrote:
At 11/23/08 12:36 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: I'm also working on making a 3d menu!!!

yea sounds good, if your good at action script you should make the thing spin when you click on a planet, and the sun can be play

How about this:

-A background which has the sun, a few planets around it, and the scene is rotating.
-On top written : THE underneath it UNIVERSE with a planet rotating around it, then underneath it COLLAB then theres the earth standing still, when u move the mouse over it, it rotates (written on the earth is "play)

then there's scene select, which is another planet written on it scene select.

How does all that sound? anything else?

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-23 20:33:35

At 11/23/08 02:30 PM, hippolordhom wrote: Id like to do the cells merging together section, 2 questions,

nevah mind, im too lazy any way

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-24 06:05:00

good idea but make it all pretty and stuff

i have done about 10% of my quality part so far

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-25 15:31:02

I've got some good news and bad news.

The good news is that I'm almost done with the menu.

The bad news is 3d flash is really heavy, takes a lot of RAM and the menu is a friggin 6mb!!!!!!!

So I doubt I could make another scene with 3d, i mean those two scenes alone would probably be like 7mb!!!!! So I guess I could probably do it 2d....

Anyway,here's the menu, and since i suck at art, you'll have to edit a little, like colours, re-position stuff etc.... Also you still have to put "the" and "collab"

Also there's no preloader, so wait a while... it's 6mb man!!!

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-25 15:42:01

If that's not working just download it here

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-25 21:14:55

At 11/25/08 03:31 PM, 4urentertainment wrote:
menu

I don't know about anyone else, but I just feel it looks kind of 90s. It doesn't feel similar to the other other parts, and while the 3D is great, I don't think it works. Plus, its 7 megs, which is already over half of our size, and I'm hoping most of the parts will be pretty complex. I'd rather have a 2D menu than a 17 meg filesize honestly. Thats my opinion. Anyone else?

I like to rape children

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-26 05:10:51

Ok here's basically my final piece. I would do more, but I am leaving for NY in 2 days so everything is hectic. I will try to improve on it as much as I can when I get time. Do you want the .FLA or just the .SWF?

Also do I add a watermark in the corner?

LiNk

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-26 09:29:36

At 11/25/08 09:14 PM, LenardNotLenny wrote:
menu
I don't know about anyone else, but I just feel it looks kind of 90s. It doesn't feel similar to the other other parts, and while the 3D is great, I don't think it works. Plus, its 7 megs, which is already over half of our size, and I'm hoping most of the parts will be pretty complex. I'd rather have a 2D menu than a 17 meg filesize honestly. Thats my opinion. Anyone else?

That's the problem with 3D, it's really big. I mean if you take a look at the .FLA you'd be surprised by the amount of symbols. When I export from 3D to flash, it converts every single bit of moment and makes it a symbol. So it's a ridicules frame by frame mode.

So I guess unless I find away to decrease the file size, im not in right?

Oh and by the way, without the moving background, it's only 4 mb....

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-29 04:54:37

At 11/26/08 09:29 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 11/25/08 09:14 PM, LenardNotLenny wrote:
menu
That's the problem with 3D, it's really big. I mean if you take a look at the .FLA you'd be surprised by the amount of symbols. When I export from 3D to flash, it converts every single bit of moment and makes it a symbol. So it's a ridicules frame by frame mode.

So I guess unless I find away to decrease the file size, im not in right?

Oh and by the way, without the moving background, it's only 4 mb....

-bump- :D

I do agree with lenard, it feels a bit 90's, but I still think it looks ok. idk though, I guess it's up to Archon if we have it or not.

Here's my part :) I don't have any more time to work on it unless the collab still isn't finished in late January. The music isn't in the .FLA because it eats up the size. (with music = 50mb, without = 4mb)
I hope everyone else is going good with their parts and I hope this collab does well :)

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/4008/720 03_cavemennomusic.fla

see ya in 2 months!

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-29 10:20:12

yeah I guess it does look kinda "90s"....

but it's friggin awesome 3d man!!!!

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-29 16:32:53

Alright... sorry for not responding... I took a vacation over Thanxgiving (Cool way to spell it, huh?).

At 11/23/08 02:30 PM, hippolordhom wrote: Id like to do the cells merging together section, 2 questions,

Ok, someone is already doing that part, but:

It doesn't have to be SUPER serious, but don't make it slapstick comedy or anything.
NO, THE PARTS ONLY HAVE TO BE 10-30 SECONDS.
You have as much time as you need. The collab will be put together when everyone is done.

At 11/25/08 03:42 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: If that's not working just download it here

Holy shit--that's awesome. (or at least, better than mine...) But it's a HUGE file... try compressing it or something... And I agree, it is a bit '90s-style.

At 11/26/08 05:10 AM, Nyska wrote: Ok here's basically my final piece. I would do more, but I am leaving for NY in 2 days so everything is hectic. I will try to improve on it as much as I can when I get time. Do you want the .FLA or just the .SWF?

Also do I add a watermark in the corner?

LiNk

Hmm... it's a bit short.... the animation is fine, though. If you can't add more to it, maybe add a smoother ending? And when you're done, I would like the .fla file. Please put a watermark in the corner!

*whew!*

I'll post a new parts list, as well as a list of open parts, soon. I hope that wasn't too confusing, because I'm tired...

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-01 00:50:45

Well I would like to work on a section whatever is available. I wouldn't be too good with creation of planets and all that, but I may be able to do Africa to America, or nuclear war, maybe something more modest like creation of animals i dont know.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-01 14:39:50

At 11/29/08 04:32 PM, Archon68 wrote

Holy shit--that's awesome. (or at least, better than mine...) But it's a HUGE file... try compressing it :or something... And I agree, it is a bit '90s-style.

I think I can probably compress it....But I can't do anything about the "90s" thing. Unless you describe it a little more for me....

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-01 18:46:01

At 12/1/08 02:39 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: At 11/29/08 04:32 PM, Archon68 wrote
Holy shit--that's awesome. (or at least, better than mine...) But it's a HUGE file... try compressing it :or something... And I agree, it is a bit '90s-style.
I think I can probably compress it....But I can't do anything about the "90s" thing. Unless you describe it a little more for me....

I don't know--don't worry about the style, just PLEASE try to compress it.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-02 09:25:29

I really need to get started soon.

30 seonds it is?
Not less?

Sketchbook_NG_1.0 Also, i'm a dick sometimes, get used to it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-02 17:34:43

At 12/2/08 09:25 AM, Diphallia wrote: I really need to get started soon.

30 seonds it is?
Not less?

No, that's the MAXIMUM limit. THe least it can be is like 15 seconds.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-02 20:01:08

Im working on the nuclear war part, slowly. School has been pretty hard latley.

The zombie that shambles by himself....

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-02 23:14:03

At 12/1/08 02:39 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: At 11/29/08 04:32 PM, Archon68 wrote

alter the colouring style of it.
change it to cartoon gradient or two colours.
that's if your using swift.

also, you should make it so the sun is the light source, and that the other planets aren't illuminated from another unseen bulb.
that should make it look more realistic and less 90s.

I'll....try and do...an example...

Can we compete for places?
That way, I believe, the final result will be greater.
that would be awesome.

Because, then...yeah, people aren't locked in place, and for them to have more chance of winning, they're going to put that much more into it, and it'll turn out that much better.

Or am I just dreaming out-loud...

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-03 18:42:56

At 12/2/08 08:01 PM, LoneZombie wrote: Im working on the nuclear war part, slowly. School has been pretty hard latley.

I can understand that. I've barely even started my part... stupid school...

The only time I get to work is on weekends... and even then I have to balance Flash, Video Games, Friends, Browsing, riding my bike, grocery shopping with my parents, etc, etc, etc...

And that's the reason for there being no due date for your entry! Take as much time as you need.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-03 18:45:40

At 12/2/08 11:14 PM, NightBreaker wrote: Can we compete for places?
That way, I believe, the final result will be greater.
that would be awesome.

Because, then...yeah, people aren't locked in place, and for them to have more chance of winning, they're going to put that much more into it, and it'll turn out that much better.

Or am I just dreaming out-loud...

Good idea... but that would piss some people off. Just think--if you work your butt off for a month, and submit an awesome entry, and I don't like it as much as someone else's, how would you feel?

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-12-03 19:01:52

hey guys what parts are still available?

Check out ma music

NEW SONG: 'New Musick'

Feel free to use my music in ur flash, or make a request