00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4

33,078 Views | 121 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 18:02:04

All I can say is that I'm impressed that you watched through the ENTIRE list!

Considering how big the list is, you may want to think about looking through the depths of NG more often or just PMing someone every once and a while to see what they think is great. There are probably 1,138 more just like these that are ignored as we speak, so I thank you for these treasure hunts.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 18:09:58

At 10/24/08 04:38 PM, fat-barry wrote: Oh, yay, one of my suggestions was 4th on the list!

I feel so loved, who needs prizes when your view was taken into consideration! .... No, fuck that, thats an optimistic lie, wheres my money? I kid, i kid.

Whoops, meant 5th, i really need to learn to count.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 18:10:50

At 10/24/08 06:02 PM, Ying-yong wrote: All I can say is that I'm impressed that you watched through the ENTIRE list!

Considering how big the list is, you may want to think about looking through the depths of NG more often or just PMing someone every once and a while to see what they think is great. There are probably 1,138 more just like these that are ignored as we speak, so I thank you for these treasure hunts.

Now that we have this system for making fun links, I might try to make more frequent posts with "Here's what you might have missed." I'm also considering a quarterly treasure hunt, although it can be hard to commit... Maybe we'll have Treasure Squad that's in charge of preparing a monthly list for me to post up, I dunno.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 18:27:11

OMG I suggested Chiken wings, and I still cant believe it made it up to this list.
Thanks Tom for really looking at all the suggestions,

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 18:27:54

Hey Tom um

a friend of mine linked you to Charlie & the LOL Factory and School Fool at last years treasure hunt

how come you never saw them asflknaglnm

oh yeah, HIS NAME WAS FUNKYSKULL/WASIM

GO AND APOLOGIZE YOU MEANIE

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 18:28:54

One of mine's up XD. Congrats to everyone whose submissions were chosen. Hallucinaliens... can't say it isn't unique.

It seems like this event's worked out pretty well, props to Tom for lookin' through all teh entries O_o. It's amazing you came through with it. It would be nice to have these more often, but liek you said, its lot of work... Besides, if you have them too often, they might sorta lose impact and become something evryone just glances over. Still, even twice a year would be great for the artists and the community in general.

Can't wait for the next few posts.

"...Midnight's just around the corner..."

-Ryoji, Persona 3

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 18:47:21

Hey! One that I mentioned was featured :).

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 19:00:49

At 10/24/08 04:48 PM, Wurmy wrote: God, I love Flag man, it's just too great :D

I found it to be quite trite.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 19:15:09

Yea you aded the origin of jesus, i proposed it :)

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 19:40:08

I also proposed micheal and feo pilot, and it was better than the origin of jesus

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 19:43:42

At 10/24/08 05:50 PM, yourmothereatsshit wrote: P.S. Sprite A Day deserves a Series...

When I first saw this comment I was wondering if you were just trolling, but then I looked at your profile and saw the memes in your banner and other childish, unfunny shit.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 20:03:40

God dammit Tom Fulp, I've got stuff to do and now you've given me 100 flash videos to watch.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 20:03:47

i watched them all and the one that made me laugh the most was cupcake by oldlyshapedchris.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 20:19:17

At 10/24/08 02:22 PM, Mr-Money wrote: You notice that all the socially unacceptable ones you posted were hilarious, and made by British people.

I'm not British I'm just a terrible voice actor...

Haha I can't tell if my flashes are up there because they're funny in the regular sense or because they're just retarded funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 21:12:10

My Egoraptor Snaps cartoon should DEFIANTLY got a spot in this. Well....it isn't as well animated as Tough Times 1.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 22:27:06

At 10/24/08 04:02 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/41 2416
Sweet, I suggested this one.

holy crap I remember watching this when it was first submitted! It was wonderful!

Enter your signature below as you would like it to appear under your Forum posts. You are permitted a maximum of 175 characters (350 including HTML tags)

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 23:29:43

Somebody needs to find the only flash submission that ever made me cry. It was a boy who had a dog and loved it and shit and went to college and the dog waited for him and waited and waited and when he came home the dog was dead. Granted, I was a bit younger when I saw it, I still think it would get to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 23:52:48

Cool!!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-24 23:57:12

congrats everybody!

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 00:24:54

At 10/24/08 04:17 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I think someone else actually plugged Vlad before you did. That one almost made my list but for some reason I didn't... I gotta watch it again now. But when I saw it on your list I know I was like "Oh I already watched that one."

I'm not planning at the moment to have prizes for SERIES and ARTIST...

The games category was a continued eye-opener...

I would like to see the general NG forums take more interest in lifting up the smaller submissions

Someone plugged Vlad before me? Curses. Well when you get over a thousand submissions I suppose there is always the risk that one that I picked could be chosen first. Not that I have high expectations of winning in the movies anyway (anymore) but DO I enjoy trying to post all this stuff I collect and hopefully raise the profile of the artists that did them a bit.

You don't have to ask me to imagine how many games are lost in a year Tom. Every month that I listed had at least 1 game in them. I think in the start I didn't really collect them but I do now. I'm pretty sure I got a good 10%+ in games consistently now. I prefer movies over games but there is great stuff hidden that I found very enjoyable time wasters for awhile.

I also know about losing animations. I recall one that was about a bunch if beings who's purpose in life was to set themselves in fire to be a birthday message for someone. Another was a being trapped in a box and had to use his heart to get out. A third was a monologue of a bounty hunter. All left deep impressions on me when I was just starting out on NG and I never forgot them but I can't find them anymore. Another one was a sprite movie that seemed to use custom sprites only. It was singing some Asian song. "Si-mo-rie. La mooooooorrruummm" was the refrain (as near as I can recall/pronounce it). That one was just around when I started my list. The song always stayed in my head along with another animation that I saved. I was positive I had saved it but I can't find it for the life of me. That makes me sad cause it was a great song and great animation. I can't believe I didn't save it/notice it was gone until now. It was going to be an example of me saving stuff.

One thing I WAS able to retrieve was "Die in Style", the best stick death game ever created (the type where you pick the death and he dies). Totally random, it just turned up on the flash of the day list. IT was deleted but with the title I was able to google it and found it on another website. Such a great game.

I didn't realize the latter 2 categories were non-prizes but were mainly for discussion. That's a great potential idea, actually. I hope that generates discussion. You know. I never looked at the blogging feature before. Perhaps I'll put up my lists there. They are kind of musty in my email drawer.

Oh, I also have another idea. Why not have a collection of the monthly winners? That's what got me to start on collecting every month. I save the 5 winners. I save the link to the page of the 5 winners so that I can also have access to all the runners up and then make my own list of about 30 entries that I enjoyed. You should make all these pages into a collection because that is a great way for a new reader to look back and see what was considered the best of any given month.

Game: Here is another hidden gem of a game. It was on the first list I ever made. It's weird and spooky. Easy to play though. Despite the bad controls and no sound effects. It could have been better but I liked it's creepy atmosphere and spooky visuals enough to give it a pass. The music doesn't have a loop though. A shame because when it stops the game is less interesting.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 00:49:03

Sorry for the double post. I just tested posting some stuff on my blog. It doesn't do the high res, fancy hyperlink. Could you fix it so it does please? I think they look really great. Otherwise, it looks like this is actually a good idea it seems to fit well enough and I can actually edit and there is more then enough room to fit everything (hopefully even with those character heavy super hyperlinks instead of just these regular ones) in a single post It's a bit narrow but otherwise okay. I'm shocked that in the few minutes I done testing this I already have a comment. Weird.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 01:29:43

Congrats to the winner.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 01:58:22

Oh no! Lost Farts is Adult Rated, I shouldn't watch it!

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 02:07:19

nice tom, good call on ne plus ultra bette noir, anigen show, and stinky boot fucker. hallucinaliens was amazing too. i gotta watch the rest now

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 03:56:54

At 10/25/08 02:40 AM, cast wrote: Damn, I figured if a submission had won an award it wasn't considered overlooked..

Yeah me too! It's weird how TomFulp actually wrote that in the rules, and that it was one of the ONLY rules. And then a submission wins which has an award already. How contradicting is that! How about it Tom? What's your explanation for that little slip-up?

No submission I put up on the list had any awards or a lot of views. They were awesome and well animated and none of them belonged to collections either. I didnt win! Some submission that breaks the rules won! Yeah it was a great submission, but it had an award which probably meant that it was on its way to get some spotlight time without the help of this treasure hunt. Unlike the ones I put on the list... Now I'm ANGRY! I'm angry, you here me TOM?!

Buahaharg! I'm coming to get you!

Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 04:38:35

At 10/24/08 12:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: Check out the new Mastermind shirt in the store! That's Swain modelling it in the office.

More store updates? Sweet...

The Treasure Hunt thread received 1,138 replies with thousands of recommendations. I watched EVERY SINGLE ONE and parsed them into a list of almost 180 submissions for consideration.

So you watched my submissions then? Sweet...

This first post will cover undiscovered movies, while upcoming posts will examine undiscovered games, unappreciated front pagers and lesser-known works by celebrated artists, and finally, undiscovered series.

So my submissions still have a chance to be shown? Sweet...

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 05:09:27

At 10/25/08 03:56 AM, SeethingSwarm wrote:
Yeah me too! It's weird how TomFulp actually wrote that in the rules, and that it was one of the ONLY rules. And then a submission wins which has an award already. How contradicting is that! How about it Tom? What's your explanation for that little slip-up?

Read his post again. He didn't say a single thing about daily awards, just Collections or FPs.

No submission I put up on the list had any awards or a lot of views.

He said he'd be posting more TH posts. Cool it down.

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 06:14:04

Picking a winner is always hard, but this one had that "gem" quality to it:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 1922
The $250 prize goes to Slintas for this awesome find! It wasn't until seeing Hallucinaliens that I then watched and front paged Custodial Catastrophe, a more recent movie by the same author. I'm looking forward to seeing what VillainousTurtleSLC does next!

More Treasure-Hunt related posts next week! Reply with your thoughts on this list! Make it your weekend project to watch them all.

Oh. My. God. I am not familiar with Newgrounds as I am so new here and I spend much less time watching than I do creating. But let me say this: If anyone has a baseball bat and would feel no remorse at the thought of smashing me over the head with it until I died just to assuage the thought that... and let me get this straight... someone got 250$ just for FINDING my movie? You be my guest. Come kill me now. I am the brokest person I know. We are talking borderline hobo.

All kidding aside, congratulations Slintas! Thanks for the frontpage on the Custodial Catastrophe film as well, Tom. I am now going to go to bed filled with mixed feelings of both excitement about the front page/ treasure hunt thing, and deep despair. If I am sounding like an ass, sorry. Thanks a million to Newgrounds, Tom, and this Slintas guy for the exposure. I guess.... When am I going to get a job?
:( :) :( :/ :\ :? ???? I don't know how to feel.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 07:06:58

Congratz to the winners

Response to Treasure Hunt 2008 RESULTS 1/4 2008-10-25 07:48:40

At 10/24/08 05:15 PM, Grammer wrote:
At 10/24/08 12:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: Although that one DID almost win for getting the most lulz.
You have sealed your own fate, Mr. Fulp

You can deny NG turning into 4chan all you want, but this proves it.

newgrounds is for movies and audio and *cough* intelligent threads, 4chan is for the lulz :3

but movies and audio can be lulzy, so wtf am i trying to say again?

Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature