00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,673 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-12-22 02:37:01

Finished that stasis girl image.

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-12-22 12:11:38

At 12/22/11 02:37 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Finished that stasis girl image.

When I first saw the WIP, before I read the description, thought she had a wicked stash.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-12-22 15:31:43

At 12/22/11 12:11 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/22/11 02:37 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Finished that stasis girl image.
When I first saw the WIP, before I read the description, thought she had a wicked stash.

Haha yeah, I've heard that before too. :S Maybe that's why it's rated so poorly in the art portal? :/

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-01 14:25:07

First sketch of 2012! done in like 20-30 min. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-01 16:10:13

Hey man, excellent artwork and wonderful colors! Have you considered spending some time working on your anatomy though? Especially for women and dynamic positions, you have to spend some time committing anatomy to memory. You are definitely doing well with everything else, and your anatomy is not bad, and perhaps its just that you rush it without worrying, but you have to perfect it if you are going to keep improving. Thats the only thing holding you back in my mind and I would love to see you defeat that constraint on your talent. :)

Current Projects

Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)

Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-01 20:25:11

At 1/1/12 04:10 PM, cmkinusn wrote: Hey man, excellent artwork and wonderful colors! Have you considered spending some time working on your anatomy though? Especially for women and dynamic positions, you have to spend some time committing anatomy to memory. You are definitely doing well with everything else, and your anatomy is not bad, and perhaps its just that you rush it without worrying, but you have to perfect it if you are going to keep improving. Thats the only thing holding you back in my mind and I would love to see you defeat that constraint on your talent. :)

Thanks dude for the kind advice. :) I'd love to do more studies! I just have all these really cool ideas I want to get onto paper, so I try to experiment while I make them and push myself through the work I do. However, I wouldn't mind doing some studies regardless.. It just seems like a chore to me, haha.

Anyway, here's a collab between krinkels and I, he did the lines and I colored it.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-04 03:57:59

Here's an ANGRY FACE

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-04 05:05:33

At 1/4/12 03:57 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's an ANGRY FACE

You completely forgot to emote with the eyebrows. Or you did, and just did a terrible job of it.

Right now he's just opening his mouth. Those eyebrows are the difference between "AAAAAAAARGH YOU MOTHERFUCKS" and "aaaaaim hungry".

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-04 08:10:16

At 1/4/12 05:05 AM, Lintire wrote:
At 1/4/12 03:57 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's an ANGRY FACE
You completely forgot to emote with the eyebrows. Or you did, and just did a terrible job of it.

Right now he's just opening his mouth. Those eyebrows are the difference between "AAAAAAAARGH YOU MOTHERFUCKS" and "aaaaaim hungry".

Well hopefully he looks more angry now. :S

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-05 18:15:36

Here's something I got out of scribbling. :3

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-10 16:05:18

Here's a 30 minute speedpaint. I've also recorded a video of it.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-18 19:27:20

Here's a guuuun

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-18 21:44:59

And here's a guy with a gun

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-24 15:45:38

Here's another thing that came out of scribbling.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-24 16:09:45

At 1/24/12 03:45 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's another thing that came out of scribbling.

It's The Giant Claw.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-24 17:17:23

Here's a 30 min sketch of a warrior riding a bear.

Lol Jonny, that is terrifying!!

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-25 05:43:44

Playin with lines again. Also, this song is tits.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-25 05:48:28

At 1/25/12 05:43 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Playin with lines again. Also, this song is tits.

was this the song you were listening when you drew this?
hope to see this draw finished, looking cool!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-25 05:55:39

At 1/25/12 05:48 AM, HypnoSquido wrote:
At 1/25/12 05:43 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Playin with lines again. Also, this song is tits.
was this the song you were listening when you drew this?
hope to see this draw finished, looking cool!

Thanks and yes! I've been listening to it on repeat while drawing this. :D

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-25 11:53:26

He's bein colored noooow

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-25 12:25:28

At 1/25/12 11:53 AM, Rhunyc wrote: He's bein colored noooow

I see that ur very interested in gasmasks, why is that? is this somekind of world you have crated?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-25 13:18:34

At 1/25/12 12:25 PM, HypnoSquido wrote:
At 1/25/12 11:53 AM, Rhunyc wrote: He's bein colored noooow
I see that ur very interested in gasmasks, why is that? is this somekind of world you have crated?

Thanks! And yep, it's like a Lost Planet inspired universe. The tentative title I've come up with for it is "Snow." As of right now, it's just a series of pictures I make involving characters in the universe I make up on the spot. lol

Here's some details to make this post not so boring.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-26 09:41:34

Hokay I finished itttt.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-26 09:51:32

At 1/24/12 05:17 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Lol Jonny, that is terrifying!!

Looking back at this image, if you adjust the mask, add a headband, and lighten up the bear......

It's me

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-28 10:11:14

At 1/26/12 09:51 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 1/24/12 05:17 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Lol Jonny, that is terrifying!!
Looking back at this image, if you adjust the mask, add a headband, and lighten up the bear......
It's me

Lol, I could also make the bear a ninja and give it a mask and headband as well. Jonny taking the Jonny-bear to battle!

Would you use a hockey stick instead of sword?

Here's me starting a different method of painting... DETAILS

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-28 11:43:13

Here's a small update on that. Next update when I get closer to finishing, if not the finished version. :3

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-30 10:25:37

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-31 16:05:43

Here's some more new art from me.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-31 19:18:45

I'm really liking the dynamic lighting you've started to feature in your pictures. It's great stuff! Keep it up!

Have you tried overlaying textures to your work? I find you have a gritty style that would be greatly enhanced if you used sharp textures such as concrete, rust, and so on! If you apply it locally, you can also boost the realism of the rendition of a certain material!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2012-01-31 19:54:20

At 1/30/12 10:25 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Okay I finished it.

Looking pretty cool man, like Von said the lighting your adding to your pieces are a nice touch. =]

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature