00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Little-Eise's Art Thread

26,771 Views | 249 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-11-10 20:52:18

At 8/21/08 05:55 PM, Little-Eise wrote: I finally got my hands on an actual camera, so I'll repost a couple of the images in better quality.

This is still my favorite drawing, just loving all the detail. Keep it up!

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-10 17:09:14

So this year I was forced out of my drawing class and put in Ceramics. At first I was kinda resentful, but now I'm enjoying myself. Not that I'm very good at it, but its a great way to relax before my Physics class.

By the way, I wasn't the one that took the photo, which is why its so blurry. The compression probably didn't help any either...

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-10 17:42:41

At 12/10/08 05:14 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: but how were forced out of the drawing class?

Well the guidance councilors at my school can be divided into two groups: the complete morons and the arrogant assholes. Unfortunately mine is in the second category. Apparently I HAD to take Pre-Calc first tri (even though the first half of the class was being offered this tri), and last year it was decided that the more advanced drawing classes would be in the first trimester as well. It's all good though, I talked to the drawing teacher and got it arranged that I would be able to come to her class whenever we have homeroom.

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-18 18:13:34

WiP

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-18 18:17:25

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-21 20:39:54

I'm half thinking about doing this. It's damn cold outside.

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-22 10:33:55

A little bit of an update.

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-29 22:13:31

I don't like tree branches, so instead of actually doing more work on the cardinal I drew this.
Hi-res

Lol. Penis.

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-29 23:57:09

At 12/22/08 10:33 AM, Little-Eise wrote: A little bit of an update.

That's looking great! Not digging the dark scribbles all up behind him, but the actual bird bits that you have done look fantastic!

high quality DA link didn't work for me :(

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-30 00:06:49

At 12/29/08 11:57 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
high quality DA link didn't work for me :(

Yeah... that's not surprising since I trashed that account. It was really starting to annoy me that I spelled "Eis" wrong, so I made a new account. The random scribbles aren't actually there anymore. I actually decided on really light green instead of what is in the picture. Oh, and here is the hi-res for the second wip.

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-30 00:16:02

Little Eise you have some great and detailed stuff. I bet that your stuff is going to end up in books and shit. Good job and that Cardinal is coming out great man.

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-30 22:17:23

At 12/30/08 12:16 AM, g-kwan155 wrote: Little Eise you have some great and detailed stuff. I bet that your stuff is going to end up in books and shit. Good job and that Cardinal is coming out great man.

Thanks! But I really doubt my stuff will be in books, or that it'll be recognized by more than a handful of people on the internet.

Anyways, here's a small update on the cardinal. I'm fairly sure that I'll do the rest of the background like the bottom right corner, but I'm not sure I like it. Any advise on that would be appreciated.

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-30 22:24:54

The bird is looking great, but... "boo, hiss!" on the the background! What's the point of using colored paper if you're just going to cover it all up. You could have just used white :(

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-30 22:39:48

At 12/30/08 10:24 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: The bird is looking great, but... "boo, hiss!" on the the background! What's the point of using colored paper if you're just going to cover it all up. You could have just used white :(

Hahaha! I would have used white paper if my school bought it in large sheets like they do with the other colors. I would have used green, but I thought it would have caused problems since the bird is primarily red. The only other option was black. That would have been a living hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-30 22:56:59

At 12/30/08 10:39 PM, Little-Eise wrote: Hahaha! I would have used white paper if my school bought it in large sheets like they do with the other colors. I would have used green, but I thought it would have caused problems since the bird is primarily red. The only other option was black. That would have been a living hell.

nah! colored paper is awesome! I think it really enhances the work and saves time in some cases since it already gives you a base color. Black paper is actually my favorite :P This is pastels on black paper (adjusted in ps, and not done, obviously). You gotta make the paper work to your advantage... don't fight it :P

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-30 23:20:34

At 12/30/08 10:56 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: You gotta make the paper work to your advantage... don't fight it :P

But it calls me names and spits on me at night!
I really will take your advise into consideration the next time I use color paper. If I scrapped what I have now, it would be a waste of half a pencil. (The damn lead was broken on the inside, so it kept falling out when I was trying to sharpen it.) I could fade the colors outside the line on the picture below.

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-30 23:33:07

At 12/30/08 11:20 PM, Little-Eise wrote: But it calls me names and spits on me at night!

ooh, sounds like you got yourself some bad paper from the wrong side of the mill! :O

I really will take your advise into consideration the next time I use color paper. If I scrapped what I have now, it would be a waste of half a pencil. (The damn lead was broken on the inside, so it kept falling out when I was trying to sharpen it.) I could fade the colors outside the line on the picture below.

Don't scrap it! It looks too good :P ...as for the back, you're kinda committed at this point, so just finish it off the way you had planned! I'm sure it will look great! ;)

Broken lead is the worst :(

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-30 23:39:56

At 12/30/08 11:33 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
Don't scrap it! It looks too good :P ...as for the back, you're kinda committed at this point, so just finish it off the way you had planned! I'm sure it will look great! ;)

I could buy a DeLorean and attach a time machine to it. That would solve all my problems... and tear a hole in the space/time continuum. So basically its a win-win.

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2008-12-31 06:07:20

At 8/21/08 05:55 PM, Little-Eise wrote: I finally got my hands on an actual camera, so I'll repost a couple of the images in better quality.

Here's a to the full sizelink

I rly like the wet fur :D

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-01-12 22:08:15

This is the final WiP. I swear. I'm glad its finally coming together.

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-01-12 22:54:45

These are awesome you've got some skill, I really like the cardinal its really nice and realistic

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.

-Mark Twain.............. My Story

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-01-19 21:14:08

I finally stopped procrastinating and got it done. Now I can focus on designing a mask in my ceramics class.

Hi-Res

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-01-19 21:49:06

And just like that I had an idea. Woo for getting things done.

I fail at perspective.

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-01-19 23:12:14

At 8/21/08 06:03 PM, Little-Eise wrote: Damn, I forgot the image. Meh, at least I put a link.

ALMOST looks like Macaulay Culkin from that stupid movie Page Master or something. These all do look great, but you're definitely best at black and white drawings. I don't know whether that means you should work more on other things or do more of that because you're better at it [you choose I guess], but that's definitely what it looks like by these works. My favorite is probably the otter, it really does capture more than the others.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-01-19 23:24:40

i'd push the darks and the highlights on your bird more, good choice of green just wish you had made it go around the bird more it'd pop out the red cool work thusfar.

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?

Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-01-20 16:37:31

At 1/19/09 11:12 PM, El-Presidente wrote: I don't know whether that means you should work more on other things or do more of that because you're better at it [you choose I guess], but that's definitely what it looks like by these works.

Lol. I really need to work more on other things. To be honest, the black and white ones were easier to make because I find B&W reference picture are a little more simplistic. You can see shadows and highlights more easily in them.

At 1/19/09 11:24 PM, NextToNothing wrote: i'd push the darks and the highlights on your bird more, good choice of green just wish you had made it go around the bird more it'd pop out the red cool work thusfar.

I see what you mean, it almost looks like a high-power spotlight is pointed at it. When I can get my hands on it again I'll try to mute some of the white on the branches.

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-02-12 19:34:36

""Why can't these creatures discover a little dignity?" I ask the sky. The sky says nothing, predictably." -Grendel
Grendel is a hilarious book that I'd recommend to anyone.

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-02-13 06:36:29

Grendel is anorexic yet muscly at the same time?

Your work on the bird and the portrait and otters is amazing! I really like how you cleaned up the bird to make the background effective - a great job!

The monster thing is still very thin, to say the least...

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-03-05 18:47:43

At 2/13/09 06:36 AM, GhandiManCan wrote: Grendel is anorexic yet muscly at the same time?

I'll be the first to admit that his anatomy is wonky. I really wish I saw you're post when you posted it. I look like a bit of a douche by responding almost a month later.

Anyway, new art time.

Hi-Res

Little-Eise's Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Little-Eise's Art Thread 2009-03-05 18:50:09

At 3/5/09 06:47 PM, Little-Eise wrote:
Hi-Res

Now with 100% more linking action!

BBS Signature