00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

b0sszkr1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Dark Night

3,988 Views | 62 Replies

The Dark Night 2008-07-25 23:17:18

Oh my, what an amazing film.
Luckily I found some friends available at the time so I was not forced to go see it alone. Which ended up kinda funny since the girl I was with did not know who batman was ti'll half an hour into the film.

Anyways, on to the film. Since everyone seemed to love it, I see it fair to talk about its flaws...

The car chases became very repetitive after a while, and I hoped to see something more visually creative and stunning but It was reminiscent of any other car chase you might see from any of today's films.

The ending felt poorly delivered compared to the rest of the movie. The whole "I have to be the bad guy to be the hero" was presented a little bit corny to me. They could have done somewhat better.
Also, the scene at the end with batman running away seemed really awkward.

This is something I shouldn't have a problem with but Heath Ledger performance was amazing. Amazingly enough to put to shame anyone else on screen. This somewhat bothered me a bit but It took the attention directly to joker. Which was the intention.

Also, length. It was great, and it did not seem to drag along anywhere but still the movie carried on for around three hours.

What didn't you like?

The Dark Night

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-25 23:21:01

Rachel has sharp knees

hehe

But uh, heath moved his tongue so much it was creepy >_>
That Truck flip and motorcycle up wall flip were a bit ridiculous.

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-25 23:23:00

At 7/25/08 11:22 PM, Dropkicked wrote: She's ass ugly.

Like you've had better.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-25 23:24:06

At 7/25/08 11:21 PM, wwhhaatt wrote: But uh, heath moved his tongue so much it was creepy >_>
That Truck flip and motorcycle up wall flip were a bit ridiculous.

The tongue thing seemed in synced with the character personality.
And the truck and the motorcycle were all in theatrical fun. Come on, this isn't a movie with realistically much in mind.

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-25 23:24:32

I hated that there was no big battle between the joker and batman, it felt like it kept leading up to a final one, but it always stopped before a climax, and the ending battle was piss poor, youd think the joker would have some elaborate trap to fight him with, but it was more focused on the people.

But yeah besides that it was awesome, loved the joker.

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-25 23:29:52

At 7/25/08 11:24 PM, Eggy wrote: I hated that there was no big battle between the joker and batman, it felt like it kept leading up to a final one, but it always stopped before a climax

That was a serious let down.

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-25 23:45:11

I didnt like how some of the scenes just cut off! one that really peeved me off was the one with scare crow, batman smashes his car then poof next day...wtf! come on what happened to SC did he join up with the Joker? wtf

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-25 23:55:02

i cant get it to load on the site were i watch all my movies. and the quality is worse than usual whenever something does load

im not paying for that shit...shewt

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 00:13:23

At 7/25/08 11:52 PM, Dropkicked wrote: I have.

Only in your fantasies.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 00:32:27

I liked it, but the dumb fat guy with the bomb implanted in his stomach kinda creeped me out.
"The Boss said there was darkness in me, and he was gunna put lights in there.
Bright lights. Like Christmas!"
I did love the character of the Joker though, especially the bank heist and his little "social experiment".
The only thing that tweaked me was the way Batman rasps as he talks.

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 00:41:25

you're a WEEK LATE

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 00:46:30

At 7/26/08 12:40 AM, anujgamer343 wrote:
She's ass ugly.
you've got that right
But i got to say in spiderman 1 she was hot, now she looks like my grandma.
...she wasn't in spiderman 1.
then who was in spiderman 1? Who played Mary Jane?

Kirsten Dunst, LOLOLOLOLOL
Also, Joker licked his lips like that because he is obviously a crackhead, that is what crackheads do.
And that war paint?
Crack residue.
It explains a lot.

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 00:49:17

At 7/25/08 11:22 PM, Dropkicked wrote: The thing that bothered me the entire movie was the fact that they replaced Katie Homes with that atrocious Maggie Gyllenhall.

She's ass ugly.

Shes by far a better actress than Katie, just compare the two in TDK and Begins.

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 00:50:20

I don't like that heath is dead and they can't accurately follow the comics because of that basically. Without going into some fucking stupid shit where you don't see the joker but "he's there."

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 00:51:09

I hoped you would be talking about this movie.....

Oh well....

The Dark Night

True story...

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 01:09:42

At 7/26/08 12:51 AM, arcansi wrote: I hoped you would be talking about this movie.....

Oh well....

The scarecrow looks like one of those Sand People from Star Wars...

XBL Gamertag: TrainerMarcus

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 01:10:03

At 7/26/08 12:50 AM, JackPhantasm wrote: I don't like that heath is dead and they can't accurately follow the comics because of that basically. Without going into some fucking stupid shit where you don't see the joker but "he's there."

Regardless of Heath being dead or alive, they haven't been accurately following the comics anyhow. And yes I know they've tried to in certain aspects, but if they're not going to do it full force, then it doesn't matter.

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 01:12:39

At 7/25/08 11:22 PM, Dropkicked wrote: The thing that bothered me the entire movie was the fact that they replaced Katie Homes with that atrocious Maggie Gyllenhall.

She's ass ugly.

At least she can fucking act.
Katie Holmes looks ok, but she cannot act for shit.
All she is is a pretty face.
That's all.
Least we have a fucking actress doing it, not some pretty bitch.

Last.fm

Why the fuck did I like these forums again

CLICK SIGNATURE FOR DIFFERENT SONGS EACH WEEK

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 02:57:19

It looks pretty good, I've heard it's the best Batman movie evar. I'd actually go and see it, even though I don't like Batman.

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 03:00:08

Movie was great, acting was great, action was great, really just a fun movie.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 03:27:06

She's ass ugly.

dude that pissed me off so bad, also, its knight, not night

@I WAS THE FIRST ONE WITH THE EXTRA TALL SIG @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 03:29:05

I don't know about you all, but my fav part was when half that dudes face was gone!!

two kids in the same theater that i was in started crying!!!

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 04:03:56

It was a good film. Worth the cinema ticket BUT....

1) It was half an hour too long. The last half an hour wasnt needed or nessecery it was pointless.

2) Heath Ledgers perfomance was good...but not amazing. everyone is saying it was amazing because he's dead but the truth is....its all that.

3) It was repetative and predictable

4) They replaced the good storyline like in batman begins for theatrical stunts and action.

THE GOOD BITS

The Joker. (whilst not being heath ledgers best performance....it was still good!)

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 04:16:13

At 7/26/08 04:08 AM, Aci6 wrote: Did anyone else catch on that the attorney guy would become two-face?

His name was Harvey Dent, so no shit it was going to be Two-Face, considering that's his name in the other movies, and is also his name in the comics. Some guy in my theatre, right when he flipped the coin, was like, "HEY GIRLFRIEND! THATS FORESHADOWING. DO YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE HE HAS THE COIN AND THATS TWO FACE, I'M SO SMART LOLOL".

I was just thinking, stfu. It's not foreshadowing considering he has the same fucking name. That's like saying when Bruce Wayne first saw those bats it was foreshadowing. IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS, CONSIDERING IT'S BRUCE FUCKING WAYNE.

I hate people that go to see movies about something they know completely nothing about. Especially comic book movies. :(

(this was in no offense to you, just wanted to mention it)

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 04:22:52

Anyone else heard joker say "You Complete me" to batman?

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 04:37:04

Did anyone else pickup the reference to the next batman villian?

Ok, Heres you're clue
"should do fine against cats..."

.: The Audio Report :. - Artist interviews, songs, competitions and more.

The Audio Report official thread!

View the latest issue!

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 04:46:09

Funny. I got a ticket with them Misspelling knight and making it night, yesterday.

I thought they couldve done ALOT more with two-face, he was my favorite in that whole movie

You should PM me! My Userpage has Boobs on it

Proletarii vsekh stran, soyedinyaytes'!)

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 08:52:49

It was a really enjoyable movie, and I loved how the Joker licked his lips. I thought Christopher Nolan did a great job introducing Two-Face's background story.

BBS Signature

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 08:57:08

The movie was fucking awesome!! I loved the Joker scenes when the music would slowly get loud than BOOM! He slices a guy's mouth. I was REALLY impressed with Heath's part. Was AMAZING good and REALLY crazy and scary!!! Honestly the BEST and SCARIEST joker out of all the Batman movies. Truly great work!

Response to The Dark Night 2008-07-26 08:59:53

Fuck, I've forgotten the name but was I only the only one who thought the guy with half the face burnt off looked like the terminator? When you first see it everybody squirmed a bit but I just yelled out 'I'LL BE BACK' which got a few odd looks. Heh.