Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

  • 312,034 Views
  • 9,855 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-02 20:55:56 Reply

At 7/2/10 08:12 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Lets try and keep this club to being open and friendly to people of all sexual orientation and preference.
So I should be tolerant of intolerance? I mean fuck, he started this shit, aint my job to end it.

That was actually a polite jab at Chronamut to shut the fuck up and stop trying to start arguments in here by being a douche.

At 7/2/10 12:12 PM, klik28 wrote: your all fagots

You're the minority in here babe.


This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-02 22:06:23 Reply

I'm gay. Sign me up for this club.


BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-02 22:24:34 Reply

your all fagots
....And?

Don't feed the troll guys.

I'm gay. Sign me up for this club.

Yeah, but first you gotta lip sync...FOR YOUR LIFE.


eh.

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-02 23:45:46 Reply

At 7/2/10 10:24 PM, hhcash wrote:
your all fagots
....And?
Don't feed the troll guys.

Is there any irony about the fact that it was a fab user... *slurp mountain dew*

hhcash
hhcash
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-03 18:42:41 Reply

At 7/2/10 11:45 PM, DrClay wrote:
Is there any irony about the fact that it was a fab user... *slurp mountain dew*

Yeah, all homophobes are gay, duh?


eh.

BBS Signature
UnicornRebel
UnicornRebel
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-03 19:42:35 Reply

I think I'm going to break up this fabness with some neutrality.

Also, what is the connection between rainbows and sodomy? Please elaborate.


I wish I was PaintSplat's. alt. account.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-03 22:44:13 Reply

At 7/3/10 07:42 PM, UnicornRebel wrote: I think I'm going to break up this fabness with some neutrality.

Also, what is the connection between rainbows and sodomy? Please elaborate.

Sodomy isn't just an event in Ireland, the country with rainbows as their national icon, but a daily occurrence along with the wife-beating.


This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-04 10:51:46 Reply

Down with hate.
Let's not bitch about how some of us behave, we are all human and all have a right to behave in whichever way we want. I'd take a flamboyant guy over an overly macho one any day.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-04 15:13:49 Reply

I'm really confused right now. I like both boys and girls, but I don't believe in the idea of bisexuality. I just don't. How could I possible keep up a monogamous relationship if I keep having temptations for people of a gender different than my partner?


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-04 16:09:19 Reply

At 7/4/10 03:13 PM, Scarface wrote: How could I possible keep up a monogamous relationship if I keep having temptations for people of a gender different than my partner?

Bisexuality doesn't work that way. Heterosexuals contantly have fantasies of people of the opposite gender other than their spouse, but still manage it. The same way straight men give up the hope of screwing porn models and settle for their pretty friend of a friend that they have a lot in common with and fell in love with, bisexuals in monogamous relationship just give up the hope of screwing people of one gender, and people of the second gender that isn't their partner. Which sex a particular individual bisexual ends up with depends entirely on their personal preference, and who they fall in love with/who falls in love with them. Some end up in a heterosexual monogamy, others in homosexual monogamy.

And how can you say you don't believe in bisexuality, when your argument is about bisexual monogamy? Bisexuality exists, you are living proof, if you are as you say. The question isn't wherther bisexuals exists, but can they work in a monogamy. If you are the type with strong libido and high curioisty about both genders, then thne you might have a problem, the same wa a straight, or gay man, or woman with a high libido has trouble with monogamy. I'm pretty sure there are loads of bisexuals in commited monogamous relationships. It's just hard to document, because soociety assumes man+woman=straight, man+man=gay woman+woman=hot... I mean lesbian, while a sneaky bisexuals could lurk in ANY of these combinations.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-04 17:26:30 Reply

I just always wonder, why is it that sometimes a guy will suddenly decide "I am gay" after they had relations with a woman. I mean, wouldn't the fact that you are kissing her and that you are not enjoying it or something kinda throw a clue to your hollow head?

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-04 20:45:58 Reply

At 7/4/10 10:51 AM, Sensationalism wrote: I'd take a flamboyant guy over an overly macho one any day.

Too true really. However, I just can't help but just dislike overly flamboyant guys. There are flamboyant guys that I do like and do respect (e.g. I'd consider early days Rob Halford pretty flamboyant and I really respect him as a musician), however there's just guys who go too far personally like Gok Wan and Alan Carr. I think it's two parts personal preference and one part "so these are the most noticeable homosexuals...".


This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-05 00:01:24 Reply

At 7/4/10 04:09 PM, JohnnyWang wrote:
At 7/4/10 03:13 PM, Scarface wrote: How could I possible keep up a monogamous relationship if I keep having temptations for people of a gender different than my partner?
Bisexuality doesn't work that way. Heterosexuals contantly have fantasies of people of the opposite gender other than their spouse, but still manage it. The same way straight men give up the hope of screwing porn models and settle for their pretty friend of a friend that they have a lot in common with and fell in love with, bisexuals in monogamous relationship just give up the hope of screwing people of one gender, and people of the second gender that isn't their partner. Which sex a particular individual bisexual ends up with depends entirely on their personal preference, and who they fall in love with/who falls in love with them. Some end up in a heterosexual monogamy, others in homosexual monogamy.

I know, I know. I'm just worried I'll end up being unfaithful. I know that when I find someone that I love and care about, it shouldn't matter. I know that they will fulfill all of my emotional needs, and all of my sexual desires for THAT gender. I know that if I love them enough, it shouldn't even be an issue, but I'm just worried that I might cheat on them with someone of the other gender. I don't trust myself. I don't know if I'll be strong enough to resist my desires.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-05 03:11:41 Reply

At 7/5/10 12:01 AM, Scarface wrote: I know, I know. I'm just worried I'll end up being unfaithful. I know that when I find someone that I love and care about, it shouldn't matter. I know that they will fulfill all of my emotional needs, and all of my sexual desires for THAT gender. I know that if I love them enough, it shouldn't even be an issue, but I'm just worried that I might cheat on them with someone of the other gender. I don't trust myself. I don't know if I'll be strong enough to resist my desires.

Those issues you are having have nothing to do with your sexuality, but your trust in yourself. Like in the same way a lot of straight men shouldn't be in relationships because they fuck around.

But that's great! Because you are young, and who needs relationships when you are young anyway! Just go out there and have fun, and I'm sure if you meet the right person you will know that the only person in the world you want to have sex with is them.

At 7/4/10 05:26 PM, DrClay wrote: I just always wonder, why is it that sometimes a guy will suddenly decide "I am gay" after they had relations with a woman. I mean, wouldn't the fact that you are kissing her and that you are not enjoying it or something kinda throw a clue to your hollow head?

Wait, what? Can't tell if troll..

First off the obvious, nobody just "decides" to be gay. And many many gay men have had sex with, or are closeted and in a relationship with a woman.
I sure as hell dated my fair share of girls before I even slightly knew I was interested in men. Not every gay person is sure about their sexuality from birth.


This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-05 04:18:58 Reply

This video made me double gay.

RE: People turning gay at old age. Some people can just be in epic level deniall for years and years out of fear. I mean, look at Little Richard.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-05 11:32:53 Reply

At 7/5/10 03:11 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
At 7/5/10 12:01 AM, Scarface wrote: I'm just worried that I might cheat on them with someone of the other gender. I don't trust myself. I don't know if I'll be strong enough to resist my desires.
But that's great! Because you are young, and who needs relationships when you are young anyway! Just go out there and have fun, and I'm sure if you meet the right person you will know that the only person in the world you want to have sex with is them.

Thanks. That really helped me a lot. Besides, I think I'm more gay then straight, anyway. I'm still not completely sure, though. That's probably the worst part. I'd be fine with being gay, if I knew I was.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-05 12:36:39 Reply

At 7/5/10 11:32 AM, Scarface wrote: Thanks. That really helped me a lot. Besides, I think I'm more gay then straight, anyway. I'm still not completely sure, though. That's probably the worst part. I'd be fine with being gay, if I knew I was.

Yeah, I know that feeling all too well. Its a lot easier when you don't try and put a label on your sexuality. Just go with the flow, and don't bother trying to think about whether you are gay, or bi, or straight, or whatever. If you know what you like then you don't really need to worry about putting a label on it.


This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-05 16:31:49 Reply

At 7/5/10 03:11 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Wait, what? Can't tell if troll..

Wait, how is that trolling? I wasn't even trying to troll.

JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-05 17:24:26 Reply

Same question as before, I assume?

To answer your question, sexual orientation is more than just sexual actions, there is also romantic attraction. Also, not all straight sex leads to procreation, and STD's don't work the way you outlined in the thread. Also, Lesbians are almost immune to STD's because of the mechanics of lesbian sex.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-05 17:43:00 Reply

At 7/5/10 12:36 PM, HungarianSupermarket wrote:
At 7/5/10 11:32 AM, Scarface wrote: Thanks. That really helped me a lot. Besides, I think I'm more gay then straight, anyway. I'm still not completely sure, though. That's probably the worst part. I'd be fine with being gay, if I knew I was.
Yeah, I know that feeling all too well. Its a lot easier when you don't try and put a label on your sexuality. Just go with the flow, and don't bother trying to think about whether you are gay, or bi, or straight, or whatever. If you know what you like then you don't really need to worry about putting a label on it.

I'm mainly worried about friends. All of my friends, even the ones who are open-minded towards homosexuality, think bisexuality is weird. None of them know yet, and I'm afraid to tell them. I know that if they're really my friends, they'll accept me, but I don't want to risk losing them.

Also, my parents. They know that I'm confused right know, and they support me, but I can see that even though they still love me, deep down they don't want me to be gay. I was raised Catholic, so I find it very hard to accept my own sexuality. I don't see anything wrong with it, but my surrounding peers make me feel like it's not normal, and that being gay will earn me a place in hell. I don't want to pretend to be something I'm not, and hide my sexuality, but I don't want to just drop my beliefs because I'm gay. I'm too afraid. I keep wondering if maybe all my Christian friends are right.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-05 20:52:06 Reply

At 7/5/10 08:33 PM, IlikeKorn123 wrote: do gay people get poo on there dicks?

No, they eat the poo poo.

That's why Uganda banned homosexuality.


This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-06 02:23:24 Reply

At 7/5/10 05:43 PM, Scarface wrote: I'm mainly worried about friends. All of my friends, even the ones who are open-minded towards homosexuality, think bisexuality is weird. None of them know yet, and I'm afraid to tell them. I know that if they're really my friends, they'll accept me, but I don't want to risk losing them.

Also, my parents. They know that I'm confused right know, and they support me, but I can see that even though they still love me, deep down they don't want me to be gay. I was raised Catholic, so I find it very hard to accept my own sexuality. I don't see anything wrong with it, but my surrounding peers make me feel like it's not normal, and that being gay will earn me a place in hell. I don't want to pretend to be something I'm not, and hide my sexuality, but I don't want to just drop my beliefs because I'm gay. I'm too afraid. I keep wondering if maybe all my Christian friends are right.

Now that's not really something I am one to give advice on. I get the feeling a lot too that even my gay friends judge me for being bi. A guy I dated for a bit but turned out to be a complete douche liked to throw in the odd vagina joke to his friends when I was around just to get some kind of reaction out of me or something. I guess its still just a big misconception that bisexual people are all whores who would fuck anything and can't be trusted.
That's why I usually just introduce myself as gay, or just don't bring up my sexuality. Not for any shame on my behalf; I accept and am proud of my sexuality, I just find it a lot easier that way and I don't really care if someone thinks I am gay even though strictly speaking, I am not.

As for my family, only my sister knows, and I don't care to tell my parents, unless I find myself in a long-term relationship with someone of the same sex. Otherwise what's the point of telling them if I'm dating a girl, or am single? It would only add more confusion to them.
I'm certainly not suggesting you hide your sexuality in any way or form, but that's just they way I deal with things and it doesn't bother me. Try and find someone you can trust to talk to about it, and perhaps just hold back on worrying about 'coming out' until you know for certain? Hope that helped at all.

At 7/5/10 04:31 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 7/5/10 03:11 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Wait, what? Can't tell if troll..
Wait, how is that trolling? I wasn't even trying to troll.

Sorry, it just seemed like a bit of an odd question to be asking here, especially bringing up the idea of 'choice' in sexuality. But I hope I answered it well enough.


This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-06 07:50:11 Reply

At 7/5/10 05:43 PM, Scarface wrote: I'm mainly worried about friends. All of my friends, even the ones who are open-minded towards homosexuality, think bisexuality is weird. None of them know yet, and I'm afraid to tell them. I know that if they're really my friends, they'll accept me, but I don't want to risk losing them.

There will ALWAYS be that risk. Some people will tell you and comfort you "it's fine, I'm sure everyone will accept you", chances are it wouldn't be everyone who will be accepting. You will most likely get one person who will at least lose respect for you, partially due to stereotypes. I had a bad time coming out to someone who I thought would accept it, but it ended up with me and her breaking up and about a year of just generally feeling crap, as though I did something wrong. The only thing you can do is take a leap of faith and hope it works out.

Also, my parents. They know that I'm confused right know, and they support me, but I can see that even though they still love me, deep down they don't want me to be gay. I was raised Catholic, so I find it very hard to accept my own sexuality. I don't see anything wrong with it, but my surrounding peers make me feel like it's not normal, and that being gay will earn me a place in hell. I don't want to pretend to be something I'm not, and hide my sexuality, but I don't want to just drop my beliefs because I'm gay. I'm too afraid. I keep wondering if maybe all my Christian friends are right.

The only thing I can think of is actually explaining to them that being gay or bisexual isn't the sin, nor is loving someone of the same sex. It's only when you sexually get involved with someone of the same sex, it's classed as a "major sin" (something that is very bad, like blasphemy and even murder) as opposed to a "minor sin" (like just eating too much or drinking too much). Which even then, if you ask for forgiveness then everything is fine. It's personally a horrible system to run by and for a religion that encourages love, it breeds hatred.

It's because of this contradiction, I can't help but think that there may be a God, but it got lost in translation. That the message was broad-casted and then altered to shape the will of men. Such as the homophobic rules in the bible may just be propaganda via folk-devils of the Greeks by the Romans. After all, there is no logical reason why a god would hate people of a certain group who display love in a different way to the majority which that love comes to them naturally and they can not alter. It's like saying no blacks may go into heaven because their skin does not reflect the colour of clouds in the kingdom of Heaven.

I'm just sorry that things are the way they are and you will very likely have to deal with homophobia upon coming out the closet. However, if you do find love in another man, it may be best you do come out.


This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-06 08:42:05 Reply

Shit went down at Helsinki Pride

I don't know if I have some secret desire to give myself ulcers, but I've been following the discussion around the attack, and what do you know,, every newspaper comment section and blog on the subject, it takes a few comments for the discussion to be derailed to "gays are unnatural" "there's no straight pride parades" "why were there children present, gays are pedophiles".

I feel like hurting someone. Preferably one of the fuckers who did the attack, seen briefly here.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-06 12:15:52 Reply

At 7/6/10 02:23 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: That's why I usually just introduce myself as gay, or just don't bring up my sexuality. Not for any shame on my behalf; I accept and am proud of my sexuality, I just find it a lot easier that way and I don't really care if someone thinks I am gay even though strictly speaking, I am not.

Try and find someone you can trust to talk to about it, and perhaps just hold back on worrying about 'coming out' until you know for certain? Hope that helped at all.
At 7/6/10 07:50 AM, Lost-Chances wrote:
I'm just sorry that things are the way they are and you will very likely have to deal with homophobia upon coming out the closet. However, if you do find love in another man, it may be best you do come out.

Thank you both for your advice. So, basically, be careful about who I come out to, be ready for homophobia, and only come out when I'm certain I'm really gay, bi, or straight, and that I am in love with another man or woman? Okay. Well, thank you both for all of your helpful advice.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-06 13:17:05 Reply

At 7/6/10 12:15 PM, Scarface wrote: Thank you both for your advice. So, basically, be careful about who I come out to, be ready for homophobia, and only come out when I'm certain I'm really gay, bi, or straight, and that I am in love with another man or woman? Okay. Well, thank you both for all of your helpful advice.

Well, yes and no. Be ready for homophobia. Only come out if you're gay or bisexual since there is a loaded assumption you're straight. Only come out if you're in love with another man since you're male yourself. Only come out to your partner if you think it'll affect who you are and it may be best to do it when you're a little older.

Also, no problem about the advise. I try to help. I ended up experiencing my share of "joyful" homophobia when I came out to one person offline.


This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
HomoeroticLoveChild
HomoeroticLoveChild
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-07 12:09:38 Reply

I'm gay, sign me up :3


whats good?

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-07 14:09:43 Reply

At 7/6/10 01:17 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: I ended up experiencing my share of "joyful" homophobia when I came out to one person offline.

What happened?


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-08 11:00:17 Reply

So I was lurking The Escapist forum (my little hole for me to lurk in when I'm not in the mood for NG) when I found out that apparently Lady Gaga did a photoshoot cross-dressing. My initial response was "god damn it, Richey Edwards is at it again!". The next reaction after seeing the pictures was surprise at how good of a man she looks.

However, I think behaviour like this makes me wonder about the ethical dilemma of pretending to be of a particular sexuality you're not. It's not really like actors (which is used to convey a story, even if it ends up using sexuality as a punchline) or pornography (whatever gets people off), but rather just playing to the crowd's curiosity (namely, the age old debate if she has a penis or not) for attention. Is this right? It's basically on the same level as 13 year old girls who make out for attention but are actually very straight ("OH YES, I'M BISEXUAL, UNTIL THE IDEA OF SEX WITH A WOMAN COMES UP! THEN I'M STRAIGHT!").

Thoughts? Also, I could only use the Escapist topic because there isn't an actual news or reliable source yet since the photos haven't been officially released yet.


This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2010-07-08 14:06:06 Reply

Gaga is a bi, on a side note. I am also a Gaga fan, if not for her music, for her epic troll personality.

I've seen the photos. Gaga is still pretty pbviously female, but she does look a bit James Dean-esque. As for straight actors palying gay roles... I'm not entirely sure how to feel about it. It depends on the actor and the role, really. And if you're talking about something like The L Word, where you need an ensemble cast of muffdivers, there's a limit as to how many actual lesbian actors that fit the characters you can get.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature