00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Afterburnist just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Amature sig makers

2,086,430 Views | 66,457 Replies

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 07:44:35

At 7/27/06 07:37 AM, dave wrote: http://www.newground..s/topic.php?id=99426
Anything need to be added?

xAsCitiesBurnx - who the hell!?
also, sig requests should only be posted once if it is not completed PM a sig maker and ask why do not post again.
also, as a sig maker.. im not going to PM someone at all let alone twice, if you want a sig you should be checking that its been done without comment. making a sig takes me 30 minutes+ as it is and im not going to spend more time with that shit.
also, the thread will still have the same problems as the ASM with poor quality sigs being made..
we need a new SSM not a new ASM.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 07:51:37

(Scroll to the bottom)

keepers of the list, lol

xascitiesburnx has made a grand total of 7 sigs
and other than today I couldn't find a single ASM post for gumonshoe in his latest 6 pages of posts, those guys are awesome candidates for any position of authority in the new topic</sarcasm>

I would suggest -tkinney-, turkeybean, or anyone else who posts here more than once a week

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 07:52:23

At 7/27/06 07:44 AM, madknt wrote:
xAsCitiesBurnx - who the hell!?
also, sig requests should only be posted once if it is not completed PM a sig maker and ask why do not post again.
also, as a sig maker.. im not going to PM someone at all let alone twice, if you want a sig you should be checking that its been done without comment. making a sig takes me 30 minutes+ as it is and im not going to spend more time with that shit.
also, the thread will still have the same problems as the ASM with poor quality sigs being made..
we need a new SSM not a new ASM.

one other thing, a webpage should be made and linked to in the first post something like www.myspace.com/NGSM where the red/black list is located.. also some additional infomation like example requests and the sigs that come from the request..
then you could use the pictures page to showcase some of the sigs made by regular sig makers.. etc.
id be more then happy to set it up.. design something and maintain it..

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 07:53:37

hell even madknt would be a better suggestion than those two (no offence mk)

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 07:53:55

(Scroll to the bottom)

WHAT THE FUCK?!

I got a 3-day ban from ramagi for doing that because I wanted to see what by banner for the Afro-Ninja contest looked like.

ARRRGGGHHH i hate mods sometimes.

-

Anyways, back on topic:

I think the whole "torn apart" thing is a little extreme, this new thread seems to be another way of simply starting over, but with perfection. It hasn't been completely decimated or anything.

Also, perhaps a list should be compiled of all the sig makers available (probably better off adding extra less-important information in the second post)
Also, those individual sig makers may want to introduce themselves and say their best skills, etc.

Other than that, it seems good, as long as it isn't too daunting and complicated for those who want a sig (in which case add a short paragraph summing up the whole club perhaps)

perhaps I'm going slightly overboard with constructive critiscism, but meh..

Also, I think the club about sig making should be started by a sig maker, regardless of whether they're active of not. I think BananaBreadMuffin would be the best person to do it, but it's not incredibly important.

Well, it seems a good fresh start, I look forward to it!

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 07:56:18

Hi! Can someone make an icon that reads "mrazerty",please?

Whatever you do,DON'T CLICK THIS!!

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 07:56:25

At 7/27/06 07:51 AM, _Prime_ wrote:

(Scroll to the bottom)

keepers of the list, lol

xascitiesburnx has made a grand total of 7 sigs
and other than today I couldn't find a single ASM post for gumonshoe in his latest 6 pages of posts, those guys are awesome candidates for any position of authority in the new topic</sarcasm>

I would suggest -tkinney-, turkeybean, or anyone else who posts here more than once a week

I would love for them to be list keepers, but they don't seem to want to cooperate. As for XAsCitiesBurnx, he's a smart guy. It's not a job that requires age. It would rarely be used. As for gumOnshoe; it was his idea.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:02:04

do you know why they dont want to co-operate? Because their club is being threatened by people who rarely come in here. And by "their" I do mean to emply that they are among the "owners" of this thread, they make some of the best sigs in here every day and some guys who just see statistics ("its too big, it has too many posts") think that it needs to be killed off for no good reason. Would you cooperate if someone wanted to kill of newgrounds? Because this topic of a large part of newgrounds is to them.

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:02:10

At 7/27/06 07:56 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: but there have been times where people have been skipped and users have had to repost their requests. But we will put that up as well.

the thing is, there is a reason they have been skipped..
so if they PM a user who has been making sigs recently they can be told why and how to improve their request before posting again.

It only takes a second to say. "I'm doing your sig, be patient. This could take a while." and then to say. "here is your sig. here is a link to the page its on: link here"

yeah i can see why.. but it shouldnt be needed.

Well thats bound to happen as this place is for people to learn how to do things. If you want something better recreate the SSM.

it will have to be done eventually, but one at a time..
this new thread will need all the quality sig makers it can get at the start to ensure its survival and get a good repuation..
once that is established then myself and whoever should think about a more quality exclusive sig making thread..
since this thread seems to be definatly happening.. thats the best and most sensible way to do things i think.

We need a little of both.

indeed.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:17:58

At 7/27/06 08:02 AM, _Prime_ wrote: do you know why they dont want to co-operate? Because their club is being threatened by people who rarely come in here. And by "their" I do mean to emply that they are among the "owners" of this thread, they make some of the best sigs in here every day and some guys who just see statistics ("its too big, it has too many posts") think that it needs to be killed off for no good reason. Would you cooperate if someone wanted to kill of newgrounds? Because this topic of a large part of newgrounds is to them.

"Leadership" has been passed around this thread dozens of times. This thread has no owner. You're saying it's being invaded by people that never post here? Then why do we have BBM, dave, -slasher-, Goliath-, and Nomader backing it? That's just the people off the top of my head.

We don't think it needs to be killed off for "no good reason" If you read the last 10 pages before all this drama you can see exactly why it's a good reason.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:20:31

At 7/27/06 08:02 AM, _Prime_ wrote: do you know why they dont want to co-operate? Because their club is being threatened by people who rarely come in here.

I didn't understand what you were referring for a while. And i still don't know who specifically. try to expand on what you're saying here.

Look at tkinney. He was a good poster here. He wanted a new thread, and now he's left this topic because, in his opinion, the ASM was turning to shit.
He has been here for ages, he was there making awesome sigs when I was still improving on mine, since I was an ASM regular.
And he knows more about this club than alot of people - more than you, I expect.

And by "their" I do mean to emply that they are among the "owners" of this thread,

Nobody really is an owner of this thread, unless you count the topic starter. I can see what you mean though.

they make some of the best sigs in here every day and some guys who just see statistics ("its too big, it has too many posts") think that it needs to be killed off for no good reason.

You make some good points, however, you appear to be getting the wrong idea. I can't be bothered to explain why a new thread is being made, because there are many reasons, and they have already been discussed. "its too big, it has too many posts" is not the reason, don't jump to conclusions.

Would you cooperate if someone wanted to kill of newgrounds?

And create a new Newgrounds that was better. yes.

Because this topic of a large part of newgrounds is to them.

It used to be to me too, however, this topic is not being killed off, it's being remade.

-

I must say, the proposition of locking the ASM is becoming less and less of a good idea for me.
I propose the new thread is made, however, I think the locking of the ASM should be postponed until we're all sure we really do want it's lock.

There's no time limit here, so let's not be hasty.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:24:20

At 7/27/06 08:17 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: We don't think it needs to be killed off for "no good reason" If you read the last 10 pages before all this drama you can see exactly why it's a good reason.

go on AIM. i want to talk to you. As an old ASM/SSM member i want an active part in what's going on and feel it would be best to speak with you about it.

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:25:41

At 7/27/06 08:20 AM, Noob-Antichrist wrote: I propose the new thread is made, however, I think the locking of the ASM should be postponed until we're all sure we really do want it's lock.

i disagree, this thread along with every other current sig making thread should be locked.
ASM, BSM, goddess sigs, elite sig makers, etc. etc.
should all be locked..
and ive been saying this for a long time.
for the moment, the one sig thread would be perfect..
and in time, a second tier..
and no more!

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:33:49

where does everyone get their pics from? Google images is pretty shit if you want a certain image, nd picsearch sucks my balls.

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:38:27

gumonshoe, include http://www.myspace.com/NGsigmakers in first post.
its myspace because it can be easily modified to look good like mine. and has lots of features that would be good for the club.. like the image gallery..
it would also be useful for updates as the first post is static and cant be changed..
having this in the first post will ensure that any changes can be made public forever..
as myspace will be more constant then using a silly free hosting site that could disapere at any time..
the possiblities with it are endless and i think it would be a positive thing..

..or not whatever..

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:40:16

At 7/27/06 08:33 AM, Camoflage_Outlaw wrote: where does everyone get their pics from? Google images is pretty shit if you want a certain image, nd picsearch sucks my balls.

depends what sort of pictures..
actually searching google rather then images can be more fruitful..
also can find lots of quality fanart and just general cool stuff at art sites like www.deviantart.com
learning how to search is important..
if you dont know your keywords it doesnt matter what you try.. you wont find anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:43:27

At 7/27/06 08:40 AM, madknt wrote:
At 7/27/06 08:33 AM, Camoflage_Outlaw wrote: where does everyone get their pics from? Google images is pretty shit if you want a certain image, nd picsearch sucks my balls.
depends what sort of pictures..
actually searching google rather then images can be more fruitful..
also can find lots of quality fanart and just general cool stuff at art sites like www.deviantart.com
learning how to search is important..
if you dont know your keywords it doesnt matter what you try.. you wont find anything.

How did you find the guy in your sig? I have been wondering the same question as i search stuff like what people ask for and can't find anything then check back and TB or someone posts an awesome kick ass sig with a decent picture of EXACTLY what they wanted.

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:43:34

At 7/27/06 08:38 AM, madknt wrote: gumonshoe, include http://www.myspace.com/NGsigmakers in first post.

..or not whatever..

Added it to the first post. Thanks for the idea! A Myspace site also has the advantage of people not from Newgrounds getting interested.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:46:04

At 7/27/06 08:43 AM, Happie_lil_hippie wrote: How did you find the guy in your sig?

i didnt, i think MrPope made this sig.
i wish i had the original image because i would like to use it all my sigs from this point on..
but he never told me, which is his right i guess.

decent picture of EXACTLY what they wanted.

also, some people request pictures that just dont exist..
if you find a picture of something similar that you think will look kick ass then use it..
or if you find exactly what they want, but it doesnt work for you.. then dont use it.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:51:02

At 7/27/06 08:46 AM, madknt wrote: i didnt, i think MrPope made this sig.
i wish i had the original image because i would like to use it all my sigs from this point on..
but he never told me, which is his right i guess.

You never asked, I'd happily link you to it if I could remember it, but I'm pretty sure it was in the Fan Art section of DevArt.

I must of typed in something like "angry" or "mad", I'll have a look later.

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:54:13

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 08:55:59

Google usually comes up with whatever I want, I don't have any problems with it's image search. The line I take is: if I can't find it on google images, then it's unlikely I'll find it anywhere else, unless I know the picture I'm searching for definitely exist.

Most pictures I use are ones I have randomly come across, and thought "ooo, that would look good in my sig".

Obviously, it's harder when you're trying to find one specifically for someone else.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 09:04:17

At 7/27/06 08:54 AM, Mr_Pope wrote: lolz easy

http://www.deviantar..m/deviation/1286716/

omg thank you, your awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 09:14:04

ohsnap, I has a request.

Could someone with an animating program take my sig and get rid of that horrible green tinge it has. It was supposed to be the same colour as the NG background, but because the sig is the gif, the colour isn't identical

Therefore, could someone turn the background transparent, whilst leaving everything else the way it is? If you have fireworks, I can show you how.

thanks

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 09:20:14

should be, but probably isnt, better!

Amature sig makers

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 09:22:25

At 7/27/06 09:20 AM, madknt wrote: should be, but probably isnt, better!

see.. should.. but wasnt..
definatly now..

Amature sig makers

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 09:29:49

At 7/27/06 09:22 AM, madknt wrote:
At 7/27/06 09:20 AM, madknt wrote: should be, but probably isnt, better!
see.. should.. but wasnt..
definatly now..

You sort of destroyed the black border, but i'll wear it anyways. If you could put the black border back in, that would be better. Nevertheless, thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 09:41:30

Can anyone make me a sig with a mario and a bowser 1 on each side with my name between them just make it look that they are gonna fight thx

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 09:45:03

http://www.newground..s/topic.php?id=99426

Lots of updates added.

What I need to know is: should people be able to post art that's not related to sigs?

BBS Signature

Response to Amature sig makers 2006-07-27 09:49:53

At 7/27/06 09:45 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: http://www.newground..s/topic.php?id=99426

Lots of updates added.

i approve, lets just hope people actually read it.
its well laid out and subheadings are good..
so it should work.

What I need to know is: should people be able to post art that's not related to sigs?

yes, people should also be able to request:
-profile pics
-website banners
-logos
-psp backgrounds
etc.

but only on a request basis..
if you just want to show off non-signiture stuff there is the "newgrounds artist showcase"

BBS Signature