00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Collab Rules

34,970 Views | 145 Replies

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-02-08 10:57:48

At 2/8/10 10:09 AM, zack7521 wrote: I have a question about the rules. For the batting average on a solo sumbission.
I have a IRL friend who i am making games with. He does some programming and i do the ideas and alot of other stuff. Would that be a solo sumbission? If not could i still sumbit it or would it still be a collab?

Well, no. A solo submission is just that; a submission made solely by you. Exceptions can be made, for example if you made everything except for voice acting, programming is a big part of any game though.

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-02-08 13:10:44

this thread is 2 years old -.-

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-02-08 16:04:25

I am attempting to establish myself as a voice actor, is this the place to announce as such, or should i go to a different forum?

Just a poet/short story writer/voice actor who has rather bad luck in finding a venue for his stuff.

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-02-08 16:06:45

At 2/8/10 04:04 PM, Agent851 wrote: I am attempting to establish myself as a voice actor, is this the place to announce as such, or should i go to a different forum?

Go to the Voice Advertisement Thread.

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-02-08 16:11:37

At 2/8/10 12:53 PM, zack7521 wrote: So i cant sumbit it or it doesnt count towards the collab rules?

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your post.

These rules are only for using this forum (or rather the collaboration forum nowadays) as a place to organize a collab. There's nothing against you submitting a flash you didn't make by yourself.

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-02-08 21:15:35

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the collaboration forum?

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-02-08 21:24:18

At 2/8/10 09:15 PM, CompleteDouche wrote: Shouldn't this thread be moved to the collaboration forum?

It's a reference thread.

But I see what you mean, theirs no need.

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-03-13 22:59:46

i not a good flasher. i have tried in the past and none were good enough to even get posted on the internet! i just want to express my ideas and have other people improvise on my ideas. Thats all i really want. Can i try and get to make collabs with other people? Send me a PM if this is a yes. Please I'm begging!

My sprite making skills are awesome. PM me for sprites. ;)

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-07-06 16:19:19

At 5/22/08 02:09 PM, jmtb02 wrote: 2) You have at least one solo submission that is currently scored 3.5 or higher on NG (meaning one submission you have done on your own, no collab or team).

That makes no logical sense. I have no programing skill whatsoever so how am I supposed to do a solo project? These rules don't allow anyone without some sort of musical/programing skill which I think is stupid. So I ask how is it "everything, by everyone" if some people in the category "everyone" have no other talent besides voice acting?

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-07-06 18:01:20

That makes no logical sense. I have no programing skill whatsoever so how am I supposed to do a solo project? These rules don't allow anyone without some sort of musical/programing skill which I think is stupid. So I ask how is it "everything, by everyone" if some people in the category "everyone" have no other talent besides voice acting?

wrong. i dont know any programming either.

the rules are telling you - you need to be an animator in order to start a flash animation collab...if u are a musician im sure u can collab without that batting average to make some music project.

these rules are for flash collabs. only fair the person running has experience and possitive feedback.

no worries. getting 3.5 is super easy now that the batting average calculator is broken - most mods will alow u to create a collab (probly) if u have just one really good submission.

just work hard on one vid and take it from there

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-07-06 22:34:23

At 7/6/10 06:01 PM, RedHarvest wrote: the rules are telling you - you need to be an animator in order to start a flash animation collab...if u are a musician im sure u can collab without that batting average to make some music project.
these rules are for flash collabs. only fair the person running has experience and possitive feedback.

So I can't organize a collab but I can be in one, right? Ok sounds awesome as I am already in 2 as a voice actor.

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-10-21 01:27:38

great theres actually rules for making a collab?
why does everything have to be so difficult, thats just stupid, fair enough that these rules are going to stop alot of hassle in collabs, but now i can't make a collab or else it gets blocked because i dont qualify for 1/2 of the rules, that sux im starting to hate newgrounds now

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-11-03 23:17:22

When referring to "Top 3 Submissions", does that mean highest scoring, or most views? I've calculated mine (which is apparently 3.87) like 100 different ways and never get that number.

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-11-04 00:07:43

At 11/3/10 11:17 PM, MOC-Productions wrote: When referring to "Top 3 Submissions", does that mean highest scoring, or most views? I've calculated mine (which is apparently 3.87) like 100 different ways and never get that number.

Yeah, there are some glitches with BAs... for some people they don't show up at all. But don't worry about it, you're good ;)

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-12-31 08:17:10

Does it still count as a solo project if someone else did the credits music?

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-12-31 11:07:58

At 12/31/10 08:17 AM, SquishyGrape wrote: Does it still count as a solo project if someone else did the credits music?

your submission has too low of a score anyways :\

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-01-22 05:37:33

well i have a BA of 3.21 and I don't collaborate at all because nobody wants to collaborate with me even if I just ask for less than 5%.

Am i doing something wrong?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-02-16 21:53:51

At 5/22/08 02:09 PM, jmtb02 wrote: If you have a question, ask a mod. Or ask it here.

How do you get a batting Average?

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-02-17 08:23:00

At 2/16/11 09:53 PM, doppler73 wrote:
At 5/22/08 02:09 PM, jmtb02 wrote: If you have a question, ask a mod. Or ask it here.
How do you get a batting Average?

It looks like someone didn't read the thread before they posted in it.

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-02-17 15:08:06

Sticky this. Saves most mods a lot of work

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-04-01 13:49:57

The Newgrounds Portal itself has no real rules for collabs, but if you are going to run one here better make it good.

If you have a question, ask a mod. Or ask it here.

HAVE A NICE DAY :)

I see... could you tell me more... and also could I also submit a flash video or art picture? by myself...

danger can be around every corner...

Be careful my child...

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-04-01 14:12:33

At 4/1/11 01:49 PM, marti031 wrote:
The Newgrounds Portal itself has no real rules for collabs, but if you are going to run one here better make it good.

If you have a question, ask a mod. Or ask it here.

HAVE A NICE DAY :)
I see... could you tell me more... and also could I also submit a flash video or art picture? by myself...

How about this. YOU lead the collab, make your own solo flash, then we can make it!

All I want to say is HI!

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-04-01 14:14:35

I want to continure our discussion on your latest news post.

All I want to say is HI!

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-04-07 12:47:47

When i try to see what my batting average is, it says n/a. I suppose i can work it out. Any one know why this happens?

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-04-08 08:28:28

At 4/7/11 12:47 PM, zeebrafication wrote: When i try to see what my batting average is, it says n/a. I suppose i can work it out. Any one know why this happens?

Batting average doesn't work, and it is the most broken thing on NG. Try working it out yourself.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2011-04-08 21:46:15

Ok, first of all this thread is three years old and was made before we had the Collab Forum. All collabs should be posted there.

Goodbye NCR.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature