00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Guitarists!

9,859 Views | 146 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:22:49

He takes them like a trooper haha

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:23:35

Yeeeahhh mann, tears those things up!

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:24:55

gobble gobble gobble more like gobblebastard lmao.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:27:34

lmfao

maybe that's the secret to his br00t4l guitar...

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:29:10

prolly . hey check out this collab I did when my friend online. I did the leads on it, he did everything else even the vocals which fucking kill. http://download.yousendit.com/E2DFF58D26 5C4B1D

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:35:43

Oh my fucking god!!!
What band did you steal that from?!??!

Fucking sick man!

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:37:42

haha. no band that just him doing all of it and I wanted to solo over it so he let me. I wanna do a little more in depth collab with him.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:50:30

Well it was amazing 'til the solo then I hated it...
Way to ruin an amazing song >:[[

luff j00 MJ =D

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:53:49

Yeah I totally fucked it up lmao. :( imma go kill myself.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-22 23:58:55

Aww, don't do that. You'll dirty up the floor. :[

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-23 01:02:40

At 5/22/08 11:29 PM, Metaljonus wrote: prolly . hey check out this collab I did when my friend online. I did the leads on it, he did everything else even the vocals which fucking kill. http://download.yousendit.com/E2DFF58D26 5C4B1D

Holy fuck Jon, where did you find the Dickenson/Sebastian Bach baby!?
My god man.

And those damn killer leads. Fucking pro there, dudeface!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-23 09:01:31

'ey dickreich, it's gonna take a lot more than just one dick to play like him...

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-23 09:51:49

*pokes his dick in* HELLO! You guitarist think you're so cool! But guess what, you all are balls without a good solid ass bass player underneath ya. ;)

Anyway, now that I have penetrated this thread, my first guitar was a crappy electric with no name and one pickup with volume knob. (I've since strung it wrong, but its still cool. :D)
My favorite tuning is probably drop C on electric, Standard on bass and Open Dsus4 for Acoustic. :D

As far as my worthiness for being on this thread, my acoustic playing is fairly beastly I think. It's better than MJ's on the virtue that he never fuckin' plays the thing. LOL!

The first song I learned on BASS was a Rush song... I can't remember which one. I'm not really good for learning songs.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-23 13:43:56

At 5/23/08 09:51 AM, CyriltheWolf wrote: *pokes his dick in* HELLO! You guitarist think you're so cool! But guess what, you all are balls without a good solid ass bass player underneath ya. ;)

I can pitch shift my guitar for a bass line, and have the same effect...cause its UNDERNEATH my guitars..we are not balls, son...we are all COCK. ;)
And if I didn't <3 U so much...I'd be serious. haha.

BTW...yes I NEED your bass for something...very soon. Its just...you are never are on messenger...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-23 21:00:00

Duude, bassists are guitarists too!
You ain't gettin' left out man!

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-23 23:26:52

Learnin' to fingerpick doesn't just help out on guitar haha

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-24 11:47:52

At 5/23/08 11:10 PM, GoreBastard wrote: I play a bit of bass. I have to use a pick though because my fingers on my right hand can't move as fast as my left hand hitting the notes. I need to learn to fingerpick properly.

You must burn your dick, with the left hand.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-24 13:44:11

Fingerpicking is what makes my acoustic playing good. XD and yes, your girl will like it better.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-24 14:04:14

i'm not as much on forums as i used to be, so i have seen that only now
cool "Newgrounds Guitarists!" .... finally on Audio forum (not on the General's forum ... i don't even know the General)
anyway, wanna make it more serious ?like, to have some contests/collabs things ?
i tried once to do a Guitar Challenge and there was also another topic about guitar ... guitar ... soloing on a backing track ...
so, i think:
why not have those here ?

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-24 22:55:36

At 5/24/08 02:04 PM, sorohanro wrote: i'm not as much on forums as i used to be, so i have seen that only now
cool "Newgrounds Guitarists!" .... finally on Audio forum (not on the General's forum ... i don't even know the General)
anyway, wanna make it more serious ?like, to have some contests/collabs things ?
i tried once to do a Guitar Challenge and there was also another topic about guitar ... guitar ... soloing on a backing track ...
so, i think:

Awesome idea man!
We should celebrate the founding of this topic with a little competition. Just for fun. Maybe another "Heaviest Riff" comp?

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-25 00:37:54

At 5/24/08 02:04 PM, sorohanro wrote: i'm not as much on forums as i used to be, so i have seen that only now
so, i think:

I like that solo over the backing track idea, it was interesting to see all these artists going at it differently.

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-25 03:56:19

Heaviest 30 seconds. I'll get someone to play mine.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-25 09:41:49

At 5/25/08 03:56 AM, jrayteam6 wrote: Heaviest 30 seconds. I'll get someone to play mine.

Exactly, just like what GoreBastard did in, what was it... '05?

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-25 09:48:03

I like the heaviest riff idea only becuase I suck at soloing. haha... unless I pitch shifted my bass, then we'd see some crazy shit, and bass sweeps.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-25 09:57:13

Bass sweeps...
I'm still learning sweeping on guitar, you're insane!

But yeah, let's see if people are willing to do this!

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-25 10:42:40

i don't know if i really should, but i repeat my invitation:
Record a solo on Arpegio Study Backing Track, not necessary arpeggios, make your own stuff, get creative, then submit on NG your version (where you give credits for the backing track) and put the link in that thread.
there are some musicians who responded already to this invitation:
Kor-Rune's version
Gianfri's version
No1r's version
Hell's SpawnIV's version
Trukero08's version
and my version
this is interesting to keep on eye on... there are many talented people here on NG, i would be happy to see guitarists community getting stronger and have some collabs (to counter balance the "FL Slayer" community )

speaking about collabs:
Josh Kemp (kelwynshade) started a collab HERE ... some might be interested

also, i wonder if those more experienced could give some tips, give links to some tutorials and stuff ?

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-25 11:19:53

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbx03mP5 eg

I learned sweeping picking overnight with that tutorial like half a year ago, and did a shitload of slow sloppy sweeps til I got it right, and faster. Then I experimented with methods like just purely shredding directly out of a sweep on a string of my choice, (mostly G, B, or e) and that seemed to be working for me.

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-25 11:20:43

One stop shop for all your guitar needs =D

Seriously, anything you want to know. They have it, and there's always tabs. And I'm sure Youtube will have some kid butchering how to play it.

Anything you want to learn just run over there and check it out. 'cause chances are, they got it.

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-25 15:56:47

I've gota guitar IRC channel going its
#NGuitar at irc.oftc.net

wat

Response to Newgrounds Guitarists! 2008-05-26 10:23:42

At 5/25/08 11:53 PM, GoreBastard wrote:
Holy shit, that seems like years ago... Because it WAS actually years ago!
I should do that again soon..................

Do it NAO!!

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.