00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YubaOfficial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stephen King's "The Mist"

4,043 Views | 47 Replies

Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 02:42:37

I just rented and watch this horror movie, and i must say, it was actually really, really good! It's based on a short story by Stephen King. To sum the whole thing up, it's about aliens, an eerie mist, crazy people, tentacles, Christianity, and a supermarket. It's a little jumpy-outy scary, but the logic and intelligence in the script is really amazing. It knocks on how crazy christians, and desperate people can turn everyone against each other. Also, there's some sick visual effects, and fucked up monsters too. I recommend you rent this flick sometime (Don't buy it, it's one of those "one time is good enough" movies"

Also found this cool pic. WTF is in the mist!?!

Stephen King's

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 02:44:21

At 5/10/08 02:42 AM, Elios wrote:

Tom Fulp.

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 02:44:43

O Rly?

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 02:45:13

Lol I got that playing in HD on satellite all day. I'll watch it sometime when I have time.

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 02:46:08

At 5/10/08 02:44 AM, Rebel-V-Elite wrote:
At 5/10/08 02:42 AM, Elios wrote:
Tom Fulp.

Could make for an interesting photoshop thread ;-)

Anyway, I wasn't sure about seeing that movie at all when it was still coming out / out in theatres. That's pretty cool, though, maybe I'll go rent it. =]

domestic violence can be funny too!

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 02:48:24

"Oooh fuck! It's a really pissed off penis! Quick! barricade the door! Ahhh it's coming! AHHH!"

Stephen King's

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 02:50:32

At 5/10/08 02:48 AM, Elios wrote: "Oooh fuck! It's a really pissed off penis! Quick! barricade the door! Ahhh it's coming! AHHH!"

OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE ON THE LAST PART LULZ!

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 02:51:19

At 5/10/08 02:48 AM, Elios wrote: "Ahhh it's coming! AHHH!"

haha, possible unintentional pun.

yeah, I saw that movie some time ago, and I loved it. I'm not usually into these kinds of movies, but this one was a definite exception.

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 04:11:04

Oh shit!

"I don't think we should go outside."

Stephen King's

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 04:13:41

At 5/10/08 02:42 AM, Elios wrote: and a supermarket.

O rly?

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 09:27:32

At 5/10/08 04:13 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
At 5/10/08 02:42 AM, Elios wrote: and a supermarket.
O rly?

Ya rly.

Basically, the main character and his son go to the store to get some supplies after a monster eletric store hit their town. Suddenly, a creepy mist flows into town, and everyone is trapped in a the "Super Food Market."

Trust me, it's awesome.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 09:33:03

I liked the movie.

The crazy religious woman pissed me off though. It's a good thing Ollie headshotted her.

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 09:39:47

How many books has Stephen King even written?

he certainly must be running out of ideas by now

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 09:43:11

I read the book and watched to movie and I have to say that I HATE THE FUCKING MOVIE.

Not because of "the book was better then the movie" cliche. That's always the case.

But because of the way they ended the movie. You know the part where the dad killed everybody in the car INCLUDING his son.... WTF MAN!

That shit really fucked me up. Everytime I think about it I become enraged. Fucking bullshit man.

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 09:53:25

At 5/10/08 09:43 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: But because of the way they ended the movie. You know the part where the dad killed everybody in the car INCLUDING his son.... WTF MAN!

Wow guess i won't have to watch the movie or read the book

thanks alot asswipe

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 10:08:54

the ending of that movie was hilarious!
what an asshole!
lmbao!

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 10:22:46

Massive Rick Roll is behind the fog.

This is now a photoshop thread.

Stephen King's

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 10:36:56

At 5/10/08 09:43 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: But because of the way they ended the movie. You know the part where the dad killed everybody in the car INCLUDING his son.... WTF MAN!

That shit really fucked me up. Everytime I think about it I become enraged. Fucking bullshit man.

Wow, calm down, it's just a movie, and a horror movie at that. Also, learn about spoilers, asshat.

Anyway, I read the short story before the movie cam out and loved it and the movie is almost exactly the same except for the ending and the fact that in the book the crazy lady wasn't a Christian.

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 10:41:06

It's not about eerie aliens. It's about the 4th demension being ripped open by the government. Great movie. The ending was a complete mind fuck and a half.

¤´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤[Rooby.22's Tunes]

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 10:50:15

At 5/10/08 09:53 AM, emo-penguin wrote:
Wow guess i won't have to watch the movie or read the book
thanks alot asswipe

You're welcome nitwit. You should have known that someone would reveal the plot in this thread.

At 5/10/08 10:36 AM, Orrendamente wrote:
Wow, calm down, it's just a movie, and a horror movie at that. Also, learn about spoilers, asshat.

That part of the movie really messed me up man. I have a son and what that man did was really stupid he didn't even try man!

I didn't mean to spoil the movie for anybody, you assclown. But how else would I have expressed my feelings properly without speaking of the scene that bothered me so.
Also, anybody that wanted to avoid reading a spoiler should have enough sense not to read this thread.

Anyway, I read the short story before the movie cam out and loved it and the movie is almost exactly the same except for the ending and the fact that in the book the crazy lady wasn't a Christian.

I enjoyed the book immensely.

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 11:28:11

At 5/10/08 02:48 AM, Elios wrote: "Oooh fuck! It's a really pissed off penis! Quick! barricade the door! Ahhh it's coming! AHHH!"

SHIT IT'S COCKZILLA! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 12:30:48

POOZY!!!!! Yeah, anyways, the reason why he did that at the end, was to be "merciful". They clearly had no way of escaping the mist, so instead of having his son get devoured and let him suffer, he decides to end his life as quickly as possible. (I mean... haven't you ever heard of "Keep the last bullet for your head"? It's pretty much the same concept)

Also, I've heard that this is the basis for Half Life and Silent Hill games. And I do believe that after watching the movie. So many similarities.

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 12:40:18

Yeah But the Ending Made Me Mad!

"People are going to stare at my dick," he acknowledges. "But I'm a Yankees fan, and that comes first." - Jonah Falcon

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 12:42:31

I remember in the theater when the Ollie shot the religious woman, everybody was going crazy and cheering... that was a good movie.

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 12:45:28

At 5/10/08 12:30 PM, SNIPER wrote: POOZY!!!!! Yeah, anyways, the reason why he did that at the end, was to be "merciful". They clearly had no way of escaping the mist, so instead of having his son get devoured and let him suffer, he decides to end his life as quickly as possible. (I mean... haven't you ever heard of "Keep the last bullet for your head"? It's pretty much the same concept)

Also, I've heard that this is the basis for Half Life and Silent Hill games. And I do believe that after watching the movie. So many similarities.

SNIPER!!! My man. Sup homes.

I realized why he did it. I would have done the same. The difference being that I would have at least triedI
My major hang up is that the second they ran out of fuel the dad was poppin' caps after a consenting nod from the old man. THAT is what bothered me. That he didn't even try......

Just thinking about that scene now is making my stomach turn man.
Makes me want to crawl into the TV and cut that mother fuckers throat open.

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 12:49:38

At 5/10/08 12:45 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: I realized why he did it. I would have done the same. The difference being that I would have at least tried

But they did try. The fact that they left the shopping mart and went all the way to where they were is proof that they tried. They didn't go out of the car because if you notice, throughout the whole movie, whenever someone went in the mist, the creatures quickly came to where he/she was.

So, if they had gotten out of the car, they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes. Worse even, they might have spent the bullets on the creatures and then they would've been fucked. A nice ending full of suffering would have been theirs.

Although you know as well as I do that after 5 minutes they would've been saved, but they didn't know that. >.<

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 12:55:52

At 5/10/08 12:53 PM, RadioactiveRabbit wrote: Fuck all of you with your rational discussion and plotline spoilers.

CONTINUE PHOTOSHOPS.

lol'z.. Yeah!

"People are going to stare at my dick," he acknowledges. "But I'm a Yankees fan, and that comes first." - Jonah Falcon

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 12:56:55

MOAR PHOTOSHOP! Plz..
(No cap'z)

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 12:58:42

At 5/10/08 12:56 PM, TomsPulp wrote: Me and my Pulp krew are in teh mist waitin fer u

lol! Awsome...

(Wouldent Be the First time a Man Waited outside to get me)

BBS Signature

Response to Stephen King's "The Mist" 2008-05-10 13:22:25

I might watch it now that I know someone actually liked it.

iwrestledabearonce

BBS Signature