00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MicPix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,185 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 05:36:36

CAN I DO A FUCKING MENU OR CREDITS OR PRELOADER NOW?

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 12:10:26

At 4/11/08 05:36 AM, Night-Mare wrote: CAN I DO A FUCKING MENU OR CREDITS OR PRELOADER NOW?

You! Preloader! Now!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 12:26:45

At 4/11/08 12:10 PM, Rig wrote: You! Preloader! Now!

But preloaders are too easy.. :C
I'll do it anyway!

Who is doing menu/credits?

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 12:31:17

At 4/11/08 12:29 PM, BritishMoose wrote: I'll probs do the credits. Dunno about menu...

If you want to see my menu skillz just ask.
They are fun for me for some reason.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 12:53:13

At 4/11/08 05:11 AM, Catoblepas wrote:
At 4/10/08 08:09 PM, Father-of-Death wrote: Fuckin sweeet!

I get an awsome animation!

FUCK YES!!!!

This is going to friggen rule!
That means so much more when coming from you...

ALSO, STUFF:

I hope everybody has named their objects uniquely (for example: Whirlguy_loveblimp) so Britishmoose won't have to kill himself in the compilation process because of million objects named "sky" or "tween 17" or "Rig's head".

Second thing:

Should we put all the action in a single movieclip or how? What?

Yup, everything's named "WG_symbolname" to be precise.

At 4/11/08 05:36 AM, Night-Mare wrote: CAN I DO A FUCKING MENU OR CREDITS OR PRELOADER NOW?

WHY YOU?
No seriously.

I kinda want to brainstorm on what to do for Menu, Credits and Preloader.
Then decide who's going to work on them.

Or we could all make our own Menu, Credits and Preloader, show them off, and vote which one of the three cathegories is the best, and use those.

I think these things are just about as important as our animation.. It has to look good! Its like the cover of a book you know? :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 13:26:45

At 4/11/08 12:53 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I kinda want to brainstorm on what to do for Menu, Credits and Preloader.

There should be some kind of fancy fbf loop in the preloader. That way the people who are only after save/blam points won't vote zero just by judging on the preloader.

I think something dancing would be good.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 14:59:00

At 4/11/08 01:26 PM, Catoblepas wrote:
At 4/11/08 12:53 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I kinda want to brainstorm on what to do for Menu, Credits and Preloader.
There should be some kind of fancy fbf loop in the preloader. That way the people who are only after save/blam points won't vote zero just by judging on the preloader.

I think something dancing would be good.

Ha! Looks like were having 2 votes for dancing people :3
I proposed it before.
My idea was to have all of our characters on a rooftop with music in the background, interacting with eachother, and it loops. Each one of us would have been given a small space to animate their character doing something.

Hmmn new idea!

We could keep to the rooftop thing with dancing people, but use a much larger field to animate on. Example:
Main menu: rooftop
> Click on scene selection: Move camera up to the clouds, You can click each of our loveblimps to watch a scene.
> Click on extras: Move camera to the right: More people dancing around along with the extras.
> Click on play: Camera moves up to the streets in the background, where my part of the animation begins.

If you people think this is way too much work, I am willing to make this all on my own and use it if I get your approval. That is when I have my laptop back.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 16:18:36

Dude. Love the idea!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 17:44:43

At 4/11/08 04:21 PM, BritishMoose wrote:
At 4/11/08 02:59 PM, Whirlguy wrote: blah blah
If you people think this is way too much work, I am willing to make this all on my own and use it if I get your approval. That is when I have my laptop back.
The transition from play into the start of the movie's a good one, but your whole idea is too extensive. Something simple'd be best to be honest.

Alright^-^ I dont think it would be a big sweat to create a bit of camera movement, but I do agree on the characters interacting. Thats like a Continue The Animation Game. Aka CTAG O:
Yup thatd take alot of time Dx

Also, this isn't a Loveblimp collab yo.

I think many of us have come to disagree XD
Besides, a mascotte is cool :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 17:48:57

At 4/11/08 05:44 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I think many of us have come to disagree XD
Besides, a mascotte is cool :3

Myself I'd say that there's enough of the blimp already.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 19:42:43

Well, loveblimp still is something that connects all of our movies doesnt it? Except for a few animations..
So instead of putting all loveblimps together, can we atleast have the original loveblimp floating around somewhere? O:

The Ctsg Collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-11 20:00:15

I dont know where i can put my LOVEBLIMP :( ill shove him in a window somewhere..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-12 11:20:31

At 4/11/08 06:39 PM, BritishMoose wrote:
At 4/11/08 05:48 PM, Catoblepas wrote: Myself I'd say that there's enough of the blimp already.
Amen.

Also amen.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-12 13:00:51

Naww, in the beginning everyone seemed to love it.
Well then, ok.. If that's how everyone thinks about it.. ^-^;

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 02:57:16

I see no problem with having LB everywhere. Don't let the fact that this has been dragging on forever dull your love for it :) But yeah, overkill is overkill.

I don't want everyone to work on their own sets of preloaders, menus, and credits - it'll take too long to vote and all that. Let's assign people to different things. What will the menu have? I'm thinking:

Play
Scene select
Author bios
and maybe an easter egg or two

So if it were like that, we'd have at least five spots open to develop:

Preloader
Main Menu
Scene Select
Author Bios
Credits

Who's up for it?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 06:34:25

At 4/13/08 02:57 AM, Rig wrote: text

okeydough ^-^

I would be up for it, but Im not sure if Id create something that represents the CTSG to everyone's imagination. But Im really inspired to make something! I have it all pictured :3

Making all those 5 things together should really not take a very long time, and Im sure there are more people willing to take on the job.. So I dont see why we cant have more people to create this.

In any case, I wont mind if my work wont be used, so Im going to try and make something regardless of what you just said :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 12:04:00

At 4/13/08 06:34 AM, Whirlguy wrote: I would be up for it, but Im not sure if Id create something that represents the CTSG to everyone's imagination. But Im really inspired to make something! I have it all pictured :3

BritishMoose is taking the credits - you want the rest? :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 12:07:42

Ill take preloader, maybe menu..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 12:16:29

At 4/13/08 12:04 PM, Rig wrote:
At 4/13/08 06:34 AM, Whirlguy wrote: I would be up for it, but Im not sure if Id create something that represents the CTSG to everyone's imagination. But Im really inspired to make something! I have it all pictured :3
BritishMoose is taking the credits - you want the rest? :)

I would love to :3
Ill draw out my ideas and show them to you guys. My dad has a scanner^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 15:32:57

yeah.. we do need some overall basic designes.. so things fit together nicely.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 16:13:53

I drew out my idea.

The first picture portrays very well what I was imagining it to look like.
The rest of the pictures were still some side ideas that I didnt think out very well yet, but I really liked the idea of traveling around the scenery a little.

Play will make the camera go into the streets. And start the animation.
Scene Selection will make the camera go through the window. Right there we'll have frames with a small but clear picture of our scene. Once you click one, the tv turns on and the camera zooms in on it. After that the animation starts.
Author Bios will make the camera go left to a billboard which will be having us on it. There are left and right buttons that can switch between authors.

As the drawings say, the fonts are not designed yet. It will be more conventient to do that in flash. I have that pictured in mind also.

If you have any ideas or advise, I would love some.
Oh and btw, I am not doing a preloader.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 17:00:21

At 4/13/08 04:13 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I drew out my idea.

Niiiice. You have my vote. Are you doing it by yourself, or could other people contribute too? Everyone could do a dancing guy or something :)

adman, you're not doing a preloader. You've barely been around and what little you've shown us of your piece is still in the storyboard stage. Work on your part.

Here's the assignments so far.
Preloader - Night-Mare
Main Menu - Whirlguy
Scene Select - Whirlguy
Author Bios - Whirlguy
Credits - Britishmoose

Opinions, objections, ideas...?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 19:03:04

At 4/13/08 05:00 PM, Rig wrote: adman, you're not doing a preloader. You've barely been around and what little you've shown us of your piece is still in the storyboard stage. Work on your part.

lol, knew that was coming.. how many people in this collab? cos im guessing if there are more then 10 people im not getting co..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 20:51:09

At 4/13/08 05:33 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: At 4/13/08 05:00 PM, Rig wrote
Sounds good... I don't think we need author bios though - I mean, it's not like we're celebrities ;)

Well, not really bios. More like a pic, a sentence, and a link to our pages. ;P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-13 21:35:32

At 4/13/08 08:51 PM, Rig wrote:
At 4/13/08 05:33 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: At 4/13/08 05:00 PM, Rig wrote
Sounds good... I don't think we need author bios though - I mean, it's not like we're celebrities ;)
Well, not really bios. More like a pic, a sentence, and a link to our pages. ;P

Yeah, like what all the other good collabs do.

Also, whirlguy, your menu idea sounds awesome. I think that if we can scrub up on those average trasitions, it's going to totally going to blow people away.

And about the loveblimp. Yeah, I agree that we shouldn't just chuck it in everywhere, and totally go overkill on it, like "OMG LUVBLIMP LULUL X3 X3 X3". But having something like "Awesome animation- hey look, what's that in the sky? It's the loveblimp!". The flash is about the song, but the blimp is also part of the flash. If we chuck it anywhere and everywhere, there'll be a lot of people who feel the same way as britishmoose and catoblepas and think "they've gone too far with this mediochre fad". Keep it tasteful, guys.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-14 04:33:53

At 4/13/08 05:00 PM, Rig wrote: Preloader - Night-Mare

Wewt.
Anybody want a preloader game based w/ love blimp?
and ideas for it, if so?

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-14 05:44:47

At 4/13/08 05:00 PM, Rig wrote: Niiiice. You have my vote. Are you doing it by yourself, or could other people contribute too? Everyone could do a dancing guy or something :)

Hehe thanks:3 Id love it if people draw animate their characters dancing around. If you do so though, you need to reserve yourself a spot at the scene. Mark the spot and post a picture of it here. When you are going to animate it, import the drawing I made into flash and start animating.

At 4/13/08 05:33 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: Sounds good... I don't think we need author bios though - I mean, it's not like we're celebrities ;)

Aww shucks Dx
I really wanted to see a billboard with Rig's funny face on it XD

At 4/13/08 09:35 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Also, whirlguy, your menu idea sounds awesome. I think that if we can scrub up on those average trasitions, it's going to totally going to blow people away.

Ill do my best to achieve that =D

At 4/14/08 04:33 AM, Night-Mare wrote: Wewt.
Anybody want a preloader game based w/ love blimp?
and ideas for it, if so?

I guess we've seen enough loveblimp for now :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-14 06:04:30

At 4/14/08 05:44 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Hehe thanks:3 Id love it if people draw animate their characters dancing around. If you do so though, you need to reserve yourself a spot at the scene. Mark the spot and post a picture of it here. When you are going to animate it, import the drawing I made into flash and start animating.

Okay, I'll do one.
Just choose me a part, I suck at choosing.

I really wanted to see a billboard with Rig's funny face on it XD

I had an idea, each of us should take a picture of ourselves, and edit it to suit what our parts where like.
Like for me, I would have a picture me and edit it so it's all angelic and all with wings n such.
and stick a picture of SBB in there too.

I guess we've seen enough loveblimp for now :P

Kay, well, any ideas for preloader then?
if not I'll think up something nice.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-14 08:43:56

At 4/14/08 06:04 AM, Night-Mare wrote: Okay, I'll do one.
Just choose me a part, I suck at choosing.

It would be better if you thought of the dance first, you can let your character interact with the scenery any way you want. So I'd pick my spot carefully :3

I had an idea, each of us should take a picture of ourselves, and edit it to suit what our parts where like.
Like for me, I would have a picture me and edit it so it's all angelic and all with wings n such.
and stick a picture of SBB in there too.

Oh yeah, we should have a spot for the audio artists aswell! Thanks for mentioning, I'll think of a new scene to display them aswel!

Oh and about the pictures.. Thats a good idea, but Id rather wait with that. I dont know what size the pictures should be ^-^;

Kay, well, any ideas for preloader then?
if not I'll think up something nice.

Something with a music theme would be very nice. And I was thinking that once it is loaded, it would fade into the main menu automaticly. How does that sound?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-14 09:40:04

BBS Signature