00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Catch20Two just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,450 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 12:31:15

At 4/3/08 06:21 AM, xTOXICxEMPIRE wrote: It's a bummer i won't be able to see if it got first page :( oh well. Good luck guys!

Aw, darn. Before you go, want to give us a sig you want to represent you in the flash? Remember that instead of just having our names, we're putting forum siggies on the top and bottom of the animation.

Catoblepas, that looks great. But the top part of the animation is really bare until about halfway through, and it's kinda distracting, if you know what I mean...maybe you could put in some funky clouds?

Whirlguy, I'm confused as to what you're waiting for...computer troubles again? But yeah, RigRoll credits sound fine to me :D

I suppose I should do another where-are-we-now list.

Progress:
* Whirlguy - destroyed the bus stop (and my face)
* Keveta2 - has changed his theme
silly-stungun-millie - believes she can fly - screenie of final art - zzzzzoom
* adman1993 - didn't dial 911
* WritersBlock - is starting on the FBF
BritishMoose - broke his code of silence
Catoblepas - replacing Lambinvoker, and pretty much done. Still wants input, give him some!
* * ShortMonkey - unfinished animation
Night-Mare - is heavenly...or is he? Needs to figure out a transition with xTxE.
xTOXICxEMPIRE - is on the streets of China. Final .fla - transition animation
Quarl - is done

BlazingGamer - is almost done the end
Rig - is keeping track of everything, and wants to have a spot on this list too :3

* = no updates since last report
Bold = finished

There's several of you who haven't posted any updates IN OVER A MONTH. >:(

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 13:41:28

Im working on it.. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 14:44:41

At 4/3/08 12:31 PM, Rig wrote: Whirlguy, I'm confused as to what you're waiting for...computer troubles again? But yeah, RigRoll credits sound fine to me :D

heheh, waiting for my laptop to return from being fixed really.

Another idea.
We can just flash any funny stuff we made during the making of this project through the credits.
I have it all pictured in mind. The screen is seperated in 2 parts. Down side is for credits rolling in and out, upper screen for dancing rigroll. First comes dancing rig up in the screen. Credits roll in. After a while the music goes softer and a new screen fades in, pausing the credits. Then its showing a silly thing we made in the making of this project. The screen fades out, volume goes up again, and the credits continue.

Hehe how does that sound?

At 4/3/08 12:31 PM, Rig wrote: There's several of you who haven't posted any updates IN OVER A MONTH. >:(

Aye, Ill try to stay active and help others out with their updates instead.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 15:08:18

At 4/3/08 04:51 AM, Catoblepas wrote:
At 4/2/08 01:54 PM, Rig wrote: Bump...updates, anyone?
I think this is somewhat finished. Critiques anyone?

The transition is a fade to white like Shortmonkey asked.

I liked the beginnin and ending. These tips are for the part after "1234":
- Im sure it would make the background alot more lively if those tv's were moving around. I dont necessarily mean floating around the screen. Just try out stuff, like having arms move out the ground and move them around.
- Maybe you could do something with the skyline. It looks very bald. The moving blocks/buildings arent enough to fill it up.
- You used a very odd combination of colors at this part. Its not ugly, but Im sure you could get a better result if you mess around a bit more. I think its because the part under in the screen uses darker colors then everything up in the screen, it creates sort of a contrast between grey and pink. I recommend filling up the grey part with several other brighter colors.
- Fill up the sky. How about having your blimp chased by warblimps? Shooting rockets at it, leaving a trail of smoke? :3

Hope thats helpfull^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 16:12:23

Few changes.. pretty busy with school stuff atm <_>

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/030408/7 9844_Collab2.php

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 18:10:02

At 4/3/08 06:21 AM, xTOXICxEMPIRE wrote:
At 4/3/08 04:51 AM, Catoblepas wrote:
At 4/2/08 01:54 PM, Rig wrote: Bump...updates, anyone?
I think this is somewhat finished. Critiques anyone?
Dude, thats fucking awesome, love the crazy colours used.

Guys, i'm really sorry.
I'm going to China from the 5th of April to the 21st of April.
So, i'm going to have to give you the flash now, because i have no more time to work on it. I have to pack, i still have to go to school on Friday, and i have to wake up at 5:00am on Saturday.

So heres the flash: [CTSG-xTOXICxEMPIRE flash]

It's a bummer i won't be able to see if it got first page :( oh well. Good luck guys!

It probably won't be done soon anyways. Also, if you get this, your part is way too long past the end of the audio clip. Sure you want to make a good transition, but it just doesn't work at all.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 19:06:25

Hey, here's what I got so far. Tell me what else to clean up. =]

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-03 23:07:17

At 4/3/08 07:06 PM, BlazingGamer wrote: Hey, here's what I got so far. Tell me what else to clean up. =]

I really like this. Very nicely done BlazingGamer.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-04 02:13:27

I wasted too much of the day playing Puzzle Fighter II. :( Crap...
--
Anyway, I've been tinkering around with the run cycle and no matter what I do, it juuuuuuust not quite right for my tastes. I obviously can't mess with this for too much longer, and it SEEMS to qualify for the "good enough" seal of approval... I'll just need to clean up the rest of the lines and color it.

So let me know what you think.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-04 03:36:51

At 4/4/08 02:13 AM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: So let me know what you think.

I fucking love it, I think even the sketched lines look awesome.

I am thinking of completely changing my character, I just need a few ideas.
I can draw in pretty much any style, except I was thinking of trying to make him or her look cute, with the eyes like the emotes you can use on NG. I liek them.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-04 04:34:48

Do we have anybody doing credits or menu yet, because I would LOVE to do one of them.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-04 06:13:28

At 4/4/08 04:34 AM, Night-Mare wrote: Do we have anybody doing credits or menu yet, because I would LOVE to do one of them.

If i had time, i would LOVE to do that. But i don't.

Gif sig
JPG sig

Yeah, its a really shitty sig. Didn't have much time, and i only have flash 2004 and a crap computer.

See ya Rig! GOOD LUCK GUYS! i had so much fun working on this collab with you, Rig I can't thank you enough for this opportunity. When i get back, i hope to see this on the front page, lol! Well done everyone. This is going to be a huge hit.

BYE!

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //

"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-04 10:24:22

At 4/4/08 02:13 AM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: I wasted too much of the day playing Puzzle Fighter II. :( Crap...
--
Anyway, I've been tinkering around with the run cycle and no matter what I do, it juuuuuuust not quite right for my tastes. I obviously can't mess with this for too much longer, and it SEEMS to qualify for the "good enough" seal of approval... I'll just need to clean up the rest of the lines and color it.

Perhaps animate the guy moving arms as well because he's moving his legs so much... you'd think there would be some arm movements.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-04 12:35:55

At 4/3/08 07:06 PM, BlazingGamer wrote: Hey, here's what I got so far. Tell me what else to clean up. =]

Wow! Thats an amazing improvement! =D
I see you gave the white character more detail, and you made the POW! All powerfull. And the guy bending over, you did that aswell :3
Alrighty, here are some more details about that part.

Hes leaning to the wall, slightly bent over. I was hoping you could have his legs stretched, pushing himself to the wall, which he leans to with his ass. Have him bending him over a little, creating a space between his back and the wall. Get the picture?
Now when he gets hit, he should be hit in the stumach. He is lifted from the ground with his body smacked against the wall. After that he quickly bends his back about 90° and just hangs there. His pain should be visable, so draw his expression.

At 4/4/08 02:13 AM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: I wasted too much of the day playing Puzzle Fighter II. :( Crap...
--

Wow.. This is in no way ugly. This is a frikin sweet animation, and very smooth aswel!
Why is it bothering you? x3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-04 13:03:56

At 4/4/08 10:24 AM, YoinK wrote:
Perhaps animate the guy moving arms as well because he's moving his legs so much... you'd think there would be some arm movements.

His arms aren't moving because they're supposed to be holding the supports for his glider. I really don't feel like redoing the torso just to get the elbows to bounce a little bit, though. ^^;

At 4/4/08 12:35 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Wow.. This is in no way ugly. This is a frikin sweet animation, and very smooth aswel!
Why is it bothering you? x3

Slight case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder maybe?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-04 14:38:29

At 4/4/08 01:03 PM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: Slight case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder maybe?

hmmn well, it looks awesome so dont you worry about it ^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-05 03:03:08

f(T.T)\
l /¯¯¯\

old dude with a cane..
Not a bump.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-05 14:47:05

At 4/4/08 02:13 AM, silly-stungun-millie wrote: So let me know what you think.

Looks great and well-proportioned! It would be even more realistic if the arms moved around too, but I understand if it's too much work :)

Moosie-pie sent me an update, it looks great. I'm not sure how he plans to end his, though...have you contacted him directly, Catoblepas?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-05 15:21:00

At 4/5/08 02:47 PM, Rig wrote: Moosie-pie sent me an update, it looks great. I'm not sure how he plans to end his, though...have you contacted him directly, Catoblepas?

Yes. His piece looks INCREDIBLE!

And his movie for the collab is awesome too. He's figured out the transition to mine.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-05 15:43:26

Oh wow you guys this sounds so fucking promising!!
I cant wait to see it O_O

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-06 07:51:18

Update!

I've actually listened some of the critique, but I thought that adding too much action in the backround would distract from the dude singing in the front.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-06 11:49:42

At 4/6/08 07:51 AM, Catoblepas wrote: Update!

Yay! :D
Hm, maybe if you made the guy bigger, it would fill in the space more. Nice background additions, though!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-06 18:08:40

At 4/6/08 05:43 PM, BritishMoose wrote: What's happened to Writersblock? I need to speak to him.

He's kicking around somewhere...pm maybe?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-06 22:16:42

At 4/6/08 06:08 PM, Rig wrote:
At 4/6/08 05:43 PM, BritishMoose wrote: What's happened to Writersblock? I need to speak to him.
He's kicking around somewhere...pm maybe?

Hi.
I started a new job, so, that's taking up a bit of my time.
I'm going to work on my part heaps this week, I'll try and get most (fingers crossed for all) completed by friday, and then touch up on it.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-06 22:46:11

At 4/6/08 10:16 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Hi.

I love you! ^________^ Would you be willing to construct a signature image for me? I feel so naked :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-07 04:26:39

At 4/6/08 10:46 PM, LoveBlimp wrote:
I love you! ^________^ Would you be willing to construct a signature image for me? I feel so naked :3

I know how you feel. ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-07 06:13:13

At 4/6/08 07:51 AM, Catoblepas wrote: Update!

I've actually listened some of the critique, but I thought that adding too much action in the backround would distract from the dude singing in the front.

Thats true, I like your addings^-^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-07 08:15:16

whey!

The Ctsg Collab

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-07 11:18:39

At 4/7/08 08:15 AM, WritersBlock wrote:
whey!

<3 <3 ^___^__^__^_^^__^_^__^__^__^___^_^______
___^_-^_^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-07 15:21:31

Separating the arms was easier than I thought... Trying to get the glider to look like a glider with proper depth and proportion was a lot harder. ^^; It still needs some tweaking, obviously.

*bump*
--

In other news, I've been loaned (given?) a bicycle that's in ok condition. It needs the tires inflated, a tune-up, and some accessories (basket, reflectors, lock, helmet, etc.), but hopefully it'll be worth it if I can save some money on gas and get some exercise as well. :3

The Ctsg Collab

BBS Signature