Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 542,929 Views
  • 17,394 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:34 AM Reply

At 2/2/13 05:01 AM, Mohabot wrote: All in all I have to admit I got what I deserved. I used to think I was right, but I realized a while ago its the total opposite. And today, I felt more fluid in my way to express myself properly, so I decided to type this. I tried my best and I hope you will forgive me, because I dont want to be pictured as the one I was before.

Yo, it was mild disagreement at your intentions, not a clusterfuck of hate. No need to grovel, dude, we've all made mistakes, and looking back through the thread you were hardly inciting a forum-wide riot, fucking picket signs demanding you be burned alive and crap.

So like, there was no need for a public fucking apology the likes of it would make a court-mandated DUI concession blush.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:56 AM Reply

At 2/2/13 05:34 AM, Lintire wrote: So like, there was no need for a public fucking apology the likes of it would make a court-mandated DUI concession blush.

On the other hand, It does take some courage to admit it when you feel you were wrong, so I applaud you for that mohaboy


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:29 AM Reply

At 2/2/13 05:34 AM, Lintire wrote: Yo, it was mild disagreement at your intentions, not a clusterfuck of hate. No need to grovel, dude, we've all made mistakes, and looking back through the thread you were hardly inciting a forum-wide riot, fucking picket signs demanding you be burned alive and crap.

So like, there was no need for a public fucking apology the likes of it would make a court-mandated DUI concession blush.

Better than nothing, right? Sorry if you dont like apologies, but in my eyes its mandatory to do that in case youve realized youve done something wrong.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:03 PM Reply

Ehhh? Stickam going bye bye?


BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:31 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 10:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Ehhh? Stickam going bye bye?

Yup. We've moved to tinychat.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 10:31 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 2/2/13 10:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Ehhh? Stickam going bye bye?
Yup. We've moved to tinychat.

Can't seem to get in even after switching the browser to firefox.


BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 12:37 AM Reply

At 2/2/13 10:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Ehhh? Stickam going bye bye?

Eh...
wow. that sucks... I guess you guys are going to have to beg me to get in tiny chat now...

Good luck :3

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:07 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 12:37 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 2/2/13 10:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Ehhh? Stickam going bye bye?
Eh...
wow. that sucks... I guess you guys are going to have to beg me to get in tiny chat now...
Good luck :3

if someone finds a good webcam streaming client we can combine it with a chat client and stream it on a custom website like ngchat.com i can pay for hosting it. I just need someone to do the hard work of setting it up, if anyone's got coding experience that is(lazy)

ALSO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZT8Xdes0Sg

Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:22 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 03:07 AM, Lucky wrote:
At 2/3/13 12:37 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 2/2/13 10:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Ehhh? Stickam going bye bye?
Eh...
wow. that sucks... I guess you guys are going to have to beg me to get in tiny chat now...
Good luck :3
if someone finds a good webcam streaming client we can combine it with a chat client and stream it on a custom website like ngchat.com i can pay for hosting it. I just need someone to do the hard work of setting it up, if anyone's got coding experience that is(lazy)

ALSO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZT8Xdes0Sg

I've set up a lot of stuff like that before. You don't really need any kind of coding experience I think as long as you just follow the tuts/manuals. But as I am banned on the stickam chat I don't believe you want me to set up such a thing. Just so you know tho, if nobody here wants to do it, then I can do it for free.

Then, most people don't really know me here so it's not like I believe you're gonna trust me. Really up to you guys.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:28 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 06:22 AM, Mohabot wrote: But as I am banned on the stickam chat I don't believe you want me to set up such a thing.

Btw you're now unbanned from Stickam. No hard feelings.


BBS Signature
Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:57 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 06:28 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 2/3/13 06:22 AM, Mohabot wrote: But as I am banned on the stickam chat I don't believe you want me to set up such a thing.
Btw you're now unbanned from Stickam. No hard feelings.

Merci~~ You made my day

Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 2/3/13 10:07 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 2/3/13 09:57 AM, Mohabot wrote:
At 2/3/13 06:28 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 2/3/13 06:22 AM, Mohabot wrote: But as I am banned on the stickam chat I don't believe you want me to set up such a thing.
Btw you're now unbanned from Stickam. No hard feelings.
Merci~~ You made my day
Stickam died, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Yes, I know. I was just happy he unbanned me from the now nonexistent stickam chat.

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 2/2/13 10:31 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 2/2/13 10:03 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Ehhh? Stickam going bye bye?
Yup. We've moved to tinychat.

Well.. at least I won't need a facebook account for this. At the same time, I've BSOD'd twice while using tinychat. Is it CPU-intense?


"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 11:30 AM, KaDoYuu wrote: Well.. at least I won't need a facebook account for this. At the same time, I've BSOD'd twice while using tinychat. Is it CPU-intense?

Shouldn't be.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:47 PM Reply

I've set up a lot of stuff like that before. You don't really need any kind of coding experience I think as long as you just follow the tuts/manuals. But as I am banned on the stickam chat I don't believe you want me to set up such a thing. Just so you know tho, if nobody here wants to do it, then I can do it for free.

Then, most people don't really know me here so it's not like I believe you're gonna trust me. Really up to you guys.

Well 2 things,
1- I really need to trust you since I'd be allowing your scripts on the server for all my sites
2-Do you know which clients you'll use? I wanna find a nice big chat client and a nice big webcam client to replicate stickam, but bigger in more hd. And I can't seem to find any so far which arent pay for... let me know if you do?

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 10:46 AM, Mohabot wrote: Yes, I know. I was just happy he unbanned me from the now nonexistent stickam chat.

He didn't. He didn't have the power to do that.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 02:47 PM, Lucky wrote:
I've set up a lot of stuff like that before. You don't really need any kind of coding experience I think as long as you just follow the tuts/manuals. But as I am banned on the stickam chat I don't believe you want me to set up such a thing. Just so you know tho, if nobody here wants to do it, then I can do it for free.

Then, most people don't really know me here so it's not like I believe you're gonna trust me. Really up to you guys.
Well 2 things,
1- I really need to trust you since I'd be allowing your scripts on the server for all my sites
2-Do you know which clients you'll use? I wanna find a nice big chat client and a nice big webcam client to replicate stickam, but bigger in more hd. And I can't seem to find any so far which arent pay for... let me know if you do?

Sure, I can help out if you're willing to trust me. I have no projects ongoing (like usual) atm, so I need something to replace that boredom - and this sounds like it could be it. I don't care if I am getting used, I just wanna help out atm and besides that like I said I am bored. Anyways, to answer your questions

1. Yes, you can trust me. But saying that probably won't make a difference since I was the one who threatened you guys by immature rage on stickam by saying Id get you hacked by hiring a hacker. Like I said though, I regret what I did and you still have my sorry for my exaggarated behavior.

2. I like finding the best out of the best by googling... yeah, seriously, it sounds monotonous but shit like that is still relevant to my interests. So I MIGHT be able to find something that youre looking for, and if I do, I will happily set it up cause I love opening up servers.

And I am not demanding any kind of admin or moderator status cause I simply dont deserve anything like that. Besides that, I have no such talents anyways, so it doesnt really matter. But Id be happy if I am allowed to be in the chat after its set up, but Im not doing a deal here. Its all up to you guys like I said.

Lucky
Lucky
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 03:36 PM, Mohabot wrote: And I am not demanding any kind of admin or moderator status cause I simply dont deserve anything like that. Besides that, I have no such talents anyways, so it doesnt really matter. But Id be happy if I am allowed to be in the chat after its set up, but Im not doing a deal here. Its all up to you guys like I said.

1. if you do find something and start setting it up I'm definitely keen on making a custom ng chat page free of ads and bull like tiny url
2. I have no idea what you're talking about with the baning thing, I wasn't at the chat at the time lol
2. I havent slept in 3 days and you icon looks like a cyclops with long flowing hair which is fuck-ing awesomeeee

jackdgreatest refference much ;D
Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 03:46 PM, Lucky wrote:
At 2/3/13 03:36 PM, Mohabot wrote: And I am not demanding any kind of admin or moderator status cause I simply dont deserve anything like that. Besides that, I have no such talents anyways, so it doesnt really matter. But Id be happy if I am allowed to be in the chat after its set up, but Im not doing a deal here. Its all up to you guys like I said.
1. if you do find something and start setting it up I'm definitely keen on making a custom ng chat page free of ads and bull like tiny url
2. I have no idea what you're talking about with the baning thing, I wasn't at the chat at the time lol
2. I havent slept in 3 days and you icon looks like a cyclops with long flowing hair which is fuck-ing awesomeeee
jackdgreatest refference much ;D

Remember tho, Im doing this mostly for me, not you or others here on the art section. Sure, Im also happy to help you guys out getting a place where you can have fun. That would in fact be amazing, and the thought makes me a tad bit happy. But I need something fun to do besides working too.

So yeah, not to sound like a prick or anything, but Im just making a few facts clear. Ill be having some fun setting up an example on my own PC now, and then if you are happy, Ill gladly reconfigure a few parameters of the site to fit your server and then transfer it.

And btw, my icon is simply
E<<0
...Looks like a guy with a trenchcoat to me. And yo, hope you get some sleep soon.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 03:46 PM, Lucky wrote: 2. I havent slept in 3 days

Go to bed.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 09:16 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 03:46 PM, Lucky wrote: is fuck-ing awesomeeee
jackdgreatest refference much ;D

You rang?

Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 04:10 AM Reply

Been searching and searching and I can't seem to find one that supports high res streaming and besides that being free. What about buying one, like http://www.fcschat.com/plans.html It's the cheapest one I found. Otherwise you got 123 flash chat which is free and full featured but only supports up to 10 connections.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 05:31 AM Reply

At 2/4/13 04:10 AM, Mohabot wrote: Been searching and searching and I can't seem to find one that supports high res streaming and besides that being free. What about buying one, like http://www.fcschat.com/plans.html It's the cheapest one I found. Otherwise you got 123 flash chat which is free and full featured but only supports up to 10 connections

or we could just be naughty, and get one of those that cost alot of pennies for free through certain means, I mean its not exactly for commercial use its just personal and private use in between a small group of people,

jus' sayin'

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 05:51 AM Reply

At 2/4/13 05:31 AM, M-Maher wrote: or we could just be naughty, and get one of those that cost alot of pennies for free through certain means, I mean its not exactly for commercial use its just personal and private use in between a small group of people,

I think it's been said to you before that discussing illegal activity is not allowed on this forum. Besides, if you really think it's not that big a deal (because "its not exactly for commercial use its just personal and private use in between a small group of people,") you can just be straightforward about it and call it by it's name


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 06:07 AM Reply

I am setting up a template now, using the red5chat package. I'll let you guys know when it's up, and if you're content with it, then I'll proceed to mess around with Lucky's server and set it up over there. I am not familiar with Red5 so expect at least 3-5 hours before its up and running.

http://www.red5chat.com/ that's it btw. It's really basic, but it's got what we need as ground.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 06:10 AM Reply

At 2/4/13 05:31 AM, M-Maher wrote: or we could just be naughty, and get one of those that cost alot of pennies for free through certain means
jus' sayin'

"Jus' sayin'" that gets you banned.
Don't recommend illegal methods of acquiring stuff in the forums, it could get the site in trouble.


BBS Signature
Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 06:32 AM Reply

Duhhh X_x I need flash for this one. Gotta download the trial or something and then edit the script inside the program. Been ages since I touched that program, might as well as start animating some shit again... or not. It feels like such a waste to just download a heavy weight app just to edit a few parameters, lmao.

Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 07:01 AM Reply

Wow, it seems like we can have even hotter conversations in the chat now. Take a look.

Art Forum Lounge

Mohabot
Mohabot
  • Member since: May. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 08:18 AM Reply

Okay, now I at least know Im not gonna use this crap. It only supports up to 4 webcams at once, and besides that, the welcome screen feels pretty unnecessary. I mean, youre probably not gonna flirt with eachother or strip in front the camera (altho I remember some two dudes doing that once on stickam), so the two rooms I marked are just unnecessary bonuses.

I just wish there was something simpler that takes you directly to the chat room like on stickam. FCSChat, 123 flash chat and flashcoms community chat seem decent. Maybe you guys can split the price and buy the affordable FCSChat, or you just stick with some free and ad cluttered already up and running video chat service like tinychat. IMO hosting your own seems much more attractive tho.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 08:18 AM, Mohabot wrote: I mean, youre probably not gonna flirt with eachother or strip in front the camera

What, you think we want to show each other our art or something?


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature