00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,991 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:25:45

At 2/5/13 04:22 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 2/5/13 03:50 AM, lovingthedark wrote: About 10% of autistic people have savant syndrome
Quoting wikipedia on this, I guess that was your source too:
"There is no agreement about how many people have savant skills. The estimates range from "exceedingly rare"[11] to one in ten people with autism having savant skills in varying degrees"
I'm more of the former group, but this really depends a whole lot on your definitions of autism and savantism

I checked the citations, they've either been misquoted or whoever edited the article didn't bother reading all of [11], because that short essay listed savants as being around 1 in 10 Autistic people, too.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:26:33

Quit this bullshit, I am tired of your 100th monkey play. I dislike monkeys.

Monstercats (AudioMachina22) alternate account

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:30:51

At 2/5/13 04:26 AM, Mohabot wrote: Quit this bullshit, I am tired of your 100th monkey play. I dislike monkeys.

Just as well because the effect was discredited some time ago.

And I would love to hear how a thread centered around miscellenaneous discourse being used for just that is "bullshit".

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:32:01

Im sorry didnt mean youre really monkeys but I cant help but get a feeling of herd mentality here. Besides that youre all being a bit stupid and getting my aspie side to play. Its got nothing to doi with my bad behaviours, its got to do with ME.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:34:52

At 2/5/13 04:30 AM, Lintire wrote:
At 2/5/13 04:26 AM, Mohabot wrote: Quit this bullshit, I am tired of your 100th monkey play. I dislike monkeys.
Just as well because the effect was discredited some time ago.

And I would love to hear how a thread centered around miscellenaneous discourse being used for just that is "bullshit".

Dude speak in simpler english. Im just a kid, I dont get your nose up the sky english.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:35:30

Gah ok well I guess the general confusion between autism-proper and Autism-spectrum disorders or even the autism-phenotype.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:41:26

At 2/5/13 04:34 AM, Mohabot wrote:
Dude speak in simpler english. Im just a kid, I dont get your nose up the sky english.

I somehow feel less comfortable in you coding the chatroom...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:43:03

At 2/5/13 04:35 AM, J-qb wrote: Gah ok well I guess the general confusion between autism-proper and Autism-spectrum disorders or even the autism-phenotype.

Im actually one of the more interesting types within the autism population. I go to a place full of aspies and sure there are aspie prototypes. But I am even more odd because Im seriously severly awwtistick. Ive noticed so many of them are thin like sticks.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:54:33

At 2/5/13 04:43 AM, Mohabot wrote: Im actually one of the more interesting types within the autism population. I go to a place full of aspies and sure there are aspie prototypes. But I am even more odd because Im seriously severly awwtistick. Ive noticed so many of them are thin like sticks.

Stop calling it aspie or awwtistick... They're not fun.
Anyways, 1) we weren't talking about you
2)it's not herd mentality if poeple are disagreeing with each other
3)This is an english forum; if you don't understand what someone is saying, just ask em, no need to get offended.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:59:50

At 2/5/13 04:54 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 2/5/13 04:43 AM, Mohabot wrote: Im actually one of the more interesting types within the autism population. I go to a place full of aspies and sure there are aspie prototypes. But I am even more odd because Im seriously severly awwtistick. Ive noticed so many of them are thin like sticks.
Stop calling it aspie or awwtistick... They're not fun.
Anyways, 1) we weren't talking about you
2)it's not herd mentality if poeple are disagreeing with each other
3)This is an english forum; if you don't understand what someone is saying, just ask em, no need to get offended.

1. Hahahahahahaaaahahagaahahahahaaaa
2. Yes its just like how the agents speak on the matrix.
3. Dude, I have my rights to defend myself. I dont like how this guy treats me so I am just protecting myself.

Stop being such herdies and come with desperate excuses.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 05:03:13

At 2/5/13 04:41 AM, Lucky wrote:
At 2/5/13 04:34 AM, Mohabot wrote:
I somehow feel less comfortable in you coding the chatroom...

What? I sent you two PMs if I should continue with the chatroom so I assumed you dont want me to as you never gave me a reply.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 05:27:24

At 2/5/13 05:03 AM, Mohabot wrote: What? I sent you two PMs if I should continue with the chatroom so I assumed you dont want me to as you never gave me a reply.

I'm working on getting the access sorted so you can use the mysql as well as the ftp. I'll respond when i have something for you, now chill out and stop acting like you're 14

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 05:40:33

Statistically speaking, somewhere in between 25% and 70% of austitic people meet the criteria for mental retardation
1. Hahahahahahaaaahahagaahahahahaaaa
2. Yes its just like how the agents speak on the matrix.
3. Dude, I have my rights to defend myself. I dont like how this guy treats me so I am just protecting myself.

case in point.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 06:07:48

What the fuck is going on? Are you guys making a chat client?
is that necessary?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 06:09:06

At 2/5/13 05:27 AM, Lucky wrote: I'm working on getting the access sorted so you can use the mysql as well as the ftp. I'll respond when i have something for you, now chill out and stop acting like you're 14

Ok.

Lol Im mentally retarded woopiiee. Now thats news.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 06:29:21

At 2/5/13 06:07 AM, M-Vero wrote: What the fuck is going on? Are you guys making a chat client?
is that necessary?

Nahh nothing. Just a precursor to yet another shitstorm which I wont let happen this time. People here just dont like me acting big, but I dont mean anything bad. I just dont get it why people are always looking for a conflict with me here.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 06:38:04

At 2/5/13 06:07 AM, M-Vero wrote: What the fuck is going on? Are you guys making a chat client?
is that necessary?

were not making anything, we're trying to figure out how to replicate the sickcam room, because tinycam's 3/4 , full of ads and doesnt log you in half the time

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 06:52:08

At 2/5/13 06:38 AM, Lucky wrote:
is that necessary?
were not making anything, we're trying to figure out how to replicate the sickcam room, because tinycam's 3/4 , full of ads and doesnt log you in half the time

Get an ad blocker like a normal person. And move this discussion to the group activities thread where it belongs.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 07:03:16

At 2/5/13 06:52 AM, ornery wrote:
At 2/5/13 06:38 AM, Lucky wrote:
is that necessary?
Get an ad blocker like a normal person. And move this discussion to the group activities thread where it belongs.

Dont you find the thought of a privately owned chat made specially for ngart attractive? Im still kinda happy with the tinychat client though.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 07:28:34

is that necessary?

Is that a baby in your popcorn?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 07:53:27

They're all babies
those are actually popplers.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 07:53:55

At 2/5/13 07:28 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
is that necessary?
Is that a baby in your popcorn?

Really does look like it, that or a frog of some description. Why would you be carrying either one of them around in some popcorn? O' the crazy mind of M-Vero.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 09:26:16

spoilers its a hermit crab

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 09:31:01

At 2/5/13 09:26 AM, M-Vero wrote: spoilers its a hermit crab

OMFG!!!!

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 10:07:25

At 2/5/13 04:22 AM, J-qb wrote: Quoting wikipedia on this, I guess that was your source too:

My source was a research paper I did back in high school- might be outdated information, but I wouldn't have used wikipedia for it. I'm not surprised to hear there's disagreement on that part though.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 10:54:50

At 2/5/13 10:07 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 2/5/13 04:22 AM, J-qb wrote: Quoting wikipedia on this, I guess that was your source too:
My source was a research paper I did back in high school- might be outdated information, but I wouldn't have used wikipedia for it. I'm not surprised to hear there's disagreement on that part though.

I'd say savantism is pretty common. The place where I work is chock full of autistic people and lots of them do have awesome memory or skills. No, not skills in stacking stuff... I mean more practical shit. Id say stacking stuff over and over is seen more frequently in the lower functioning population.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 12:54:01

At 2/5/13 10:54 AM, Mohabot wrote:
At 2/5/13 10:07 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
I'd say savantism is pretty common. The place where I work is chock full of autistic people and lots of them do have awesome memory or skills. No, not skills in stacking stuff... I mean more practical shit. Id say stacking stuff over and over is seen more frequently in the lower functioning population.

Let me just cut in here and say just to drop it, please. I feel that nothing good will come out of this discussion. I'm not really into the whole lounge thing, but I'd rather not have another private war between some users that will spread to other threads. You're the only one making this a big deal, and for some reason you bring the subject up again after pretty much this whole page has been about the chat problems or whatever you guys were having, and it seems to me that the others are avoiding the whole "autism-talk" thing too.
This post that is quoted isn't "dangerous" in itself, but seeing the ones at the top of the page it's obvious you're sensitive about this subject.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 13:28:37

At 2/5/13 12:54 PM, Breaktroll wrote: Let me just cut in here and say just to drop it, please. I feel that nothing good will come out of this discussion. I'm not really into the whole lounge thing, but I'd rather not have another private war between some users that will spread to other threads. You're the only one making this a big deal, and for some reason you bring the subject up again after pretty much this whole page has been about the chat problems or whatever you guys were having, and it seems to me that the others are avoiding the whole "autism-talk" thing too.
This post that is quoted isn't "dangerous" in itself, but seeing the ones at the top of the page it's obvious you're sensitive about this subject.

I am not willing to start yet another flame war. I am just looking for place where I can type for my trigger itchy fingers...

But Okay, I will just drop it and I hope others drop it too.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 15:43:14

At 2/5/13 09:26 AM, M-Vero wrote: spoilers its a hermit crab

You've got a bag of crab?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 22:17:58

At 2/5/13 03:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: You've got a bag of crab?

Will he put 'em in his mouth?

BBS Signature