00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

senoritaspie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

961,052 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-03 14:43:05

At 2/3/13 11:30 AM, KaDoYuu wrote: Well.. at least I won't need a facebook account for this. At the same time, I've BSOD'd twice while using tinychat. Is it CPU-intense?

Shouldn't be.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-03 14:47:41

I've set up a lot of stuff like that before. You don't really need any kind of coding experience I think as long as you just follow the tuts/manuals. But as I am banned on the stickam chat I don't believe you want me to set up such a thing. Just so you know tho, if nobody here wants to do it, then I can do it for free.

Then, most people don't really know me here so it's not like I believe you're gonna trust me. Really up to you guys.

Well 2 things,
1- I really need to trust you since I'd be allowing your scripts on the server for all my sites
2-Do you know which clients you'll use? I wanna find a nice big chat client and a nice big webcam client to replicate stickam, but bigger in more hd. And I can't seem to find any so far which arent pay for... let me know if you do?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-03 15:32:01

At 2/3/13 10:46 AM, Mohabot wrote: Yes, I know. I was just happy he unbanned me from the now nonexistent stickam chat.

He didn't. He didn't have the power to do that.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-03 15:36:57

At 2/3/13 02:47 PM, Lucky wrote:
I've set up a lot of stuff like that before. You don't really need any kind of coding experience I think as long as you just follow the tuts/manuals. But as I am banned on the stickam chat I don't believe you want me to set up such a thing. Just so you know tho, if nobody here wants to do it, then I can do it for free.

Then, most people don't really know me here so it's not like I believe you're gonna trust me. Really up to you guys.
Well 2 things,
1- I really need to trust you since I'd be allowing your scripts on the server for all my sites
2-Do you know which clients you'll use? I wanna find a nice big chat client and a nice big webcam client to replicate stickam, but bigger in more hd. And I can't seem to find any so far which arent pay for... let me know if you do?

Sure, I can help out if you're willing to trust me. I have no projects ongoing (like usual) atm, so I need something to replace that boredom - and this sounds like it could be it. I don't care if I am getting used, I just wanna help out atm and besides that like I said I am bored. Anyways, to answer your questions

1. Yes, you can trust me. But saying that probably won't make a difference since I was the one who threatened you guys by immature rage on stickam by saying Id get you hacked by hiring a hacker. Like I said though, I regret what I did and you still have my sorry for my exaggarated behavior.

2. I like finding the best out of the best by googling... yeah, seriously, it sounds monotonous but shit like that is still relevant to my interests. So I MIGHT be able to find something that youre looking for, and if I do, I will happily set it up cause I love opening up servers.

And I am not demanding any kind of admin or moderator status cause I simply dont deserve anything like that. Besides that, I have no such talents anyways, so it doesnt really matter. But Id be happy if I am allowed to be in the chat after its set up, but Im not doing a deal here. Its all up to you guys like I said.

Monstercats (AudioMachina22) alternate account

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-03 15:46:49

At 2/3/13 03:36 PM, Mohabot wrote: And I am not demanding any kind of admin or moderator status cause I simply dont deserve anything like that. Besides that, I have no such talents anyways, so it doesnt really matter. But Id be happy if I am allowed to be in the chat after its set up, but Im not doing a deal here. Its all up to you guys like I said.

1. if you do find something and start setting it up I'm definitely keen on making a custom ng chat page free of ads and bull like tiny url
2. I have no idea what you're talking about with the baning thing, I wasn't at the chat at the time lol
2. I havent slept in 3 days and you icon looks like a cyclops with long flowing hair which is fuck-ing awesomeeee

jackdgreatest refference much ;D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-03 16:05:28

At 2/3/13 03:46 PM, Lucky wrote:
At 2/3/13 03:36 PM, Mohabot wrote: And I am not demanding any kind of admin or moderator status cause I simply dont deserve anything like that. Besides that, I have no such talents anyways, so it doesnt really matter. But Id be happy if I am allowed to be in the chat after its set up, but Im not doing a deal here. Its all up to you guys like I said.
1. if you do find something and start setting it up I'm definitely keen on making a custom ng chat page free of ads and bull like tiny url
2. I have no idea what you're talking about with the baning thing, I wasn't at the chat at the time lol
2. I havent slept in 3 days and you icon looks like a cyclops with long flowing hair which is fuck-ing awesomeeee

Remember tho, Im doing this mostly for me, not you or others here on the art section. Sure, Im also happy to help you guys out getting a place where you can have fun. That would in fact be amazing, and the thought makes me a tad bit happy. But I need something fun to do besides working too.

So yeah, not to sound like a prick or anything, but Im just making a few facts clear. Ill be having some fun setting up an example on my own PC now, and then if you are happy, Ill gladly reconfigure a few parameters of the site to fit your server and then transfer it.

And btw, my icon is simply
E<<0
...Looks like a guy with a trenchcoat to me. And yo, hope you get some sleep soon.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-03 18:15:19

At 2/3/13 03:46 PM, Lucky wrote: 2. I havent slept in 3 days

Go to bed.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-03 21:16:11

At 2/3/13 03:46 PM, Lucky wrote: is fuck-ing awesomeeee

You rang?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 04:10:08

Been searching and searching and I can't seem to find one that supports high res streaming and besides that being free. What about buying one, like http://www.fcschat.com/plans.html It's the cheapest one I found. Otherwise you got 123 flash chat which is free and full featured but only supports up to 10 connections.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 05:31:09

At 2/4/13 04:10 AM, Mohabot wrote: Been searching and searching and I can't seem to find one that supports high res streaming and besides that being free. What about buying one, like http://www.fcschat.com/plans.html It's the cheapest one I found. Otherwise you got 123 flash chat which is free and full featured but only supports up to 10 connections

or we could just be naughty, and get one of those that cost alot of pennies for free through certain means, I mean its not exactly for commercial use its just personal and private use in between a small group of people,

jus' sayin'

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 05:51:08

At 2/4/13 05:31 AM, M-Maher wrote: or we could just be naughty, and get one of those that cost alot of pennies for free through certain means, I mean its not exactly for commercial use its just personal and private use in between a small group of people,

I think it's been said to you before that discussing illegal activity is not allowed on this forum. Besides, if you really think it's not that big a deal (because "its not exactly for commercial use its just personal and private use in between a small group of people,") you can just be straightforward about it and call it by it's name

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 06:07:13

I am setting up a template now, using the red5chat package. I'll let you guys know when it's up, and if you're content with it, then I'll proceed to mess around with Lucky's server and set it up over there. I am not familiar with Red5 so expect at least 3-5 hours before its up and running.

http://www.red5chat.com/ that's it btw. It's really basic, but it's got what we need as ground.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 06:10:14

At 2/4/13 05:31 AM, M-Maher wrote: or we could just be naughty, and get one of those that cost alot of pennies for free through certain means
jus' sayin'

"Jus' sayin'" that gets you banned.
Don't recommend illegal methods of acquiring stuff in the forums, it could get the site in trouble.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 06:32:08

Duhhh X_x I need flash for this one. Gotta download the trial or something and then edit the script inside the program. Been ages since I touched that program, might as well as start animating some shit again... or not. It feels like such a waste to just download a heavy weight app just to edit a few parameters, lmao.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 07:01:33

Wow, it seems like we can have even hotter conversations in the chat now. Take a look.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 08:18:31

Okay, now I at least know Im not gonna use this crap. It only supports up to 4 webcams at once, and besides that, the welcome screen feels pretty unnecessary. I mean, youre probably not gonna flirt with eachother or strip in front the camera (altho I remember some two dudes doing that once on stickam), so the two rooms I marked are just unnecessary bonuses.

I just wish there was something simpler that takes you directly to the chat room like on stickam. FCSChat, 123 flash chat and flashcoms community chat seem decent. Maybe you guys can split the price and buy the affordable FCSChat, or you just stick with some free and ad cluttered already up and running video chat service like tinychat. IMO hosting your own seems much more attractive tho.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 14:06:49

At 2/4/13 08:18 AM, Mohabot wrote: I mean, youre probably not gonna flirt with eachother or strip in front the camera

What, you think we want to show each other our art or something?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 14:33:12

At 2/4/13 02:06 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 2/4/13 08:18 AM, Mohabot wrote: I mean, youre probably not gonna flirt with eachother or strip in front the camera
What, you think we want to show each other our art or something?

Yeah, NG is a major meeting place for the prototype artists.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 15:22:00

At 2/4/13 02:33 PM, Mohabot wrote: Yeah, NG is a major meeting place for the prototype artists.

Nah, we're really just a whorehouse in chatrooms.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 17:27:13

At 2/4/13 03:22 PM, test-object wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:33 PM, Mohabot wrote: Yeah, NG is a major meeting place for the prototype artists.
Nah, we're really just a whorehouse in chatrooms.

Ãou pinned it.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-04 23:58:50

To anybody who has endured the anger from playing I Wanna Be the Guy; it now has a sequel.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 02:34:48

Welp I'm done
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=440942749311278
This kid's better than 90% of the new art threads

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 02:42:29

At 2/5/13 02:34 AM, Lucky wrote: Welp I'm done

It'll be interesting to see if he maintains his interest for art as he grows older.

Considering the amount of children who dabble in drawing at a young age (read; all of them) it's a wonder there aren't more child prodigies circling Facebook.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 02:49:41

At 2/5/13 02:42 AM, Lintire wrote:
It'll be interesting to see if he maintains his interest for art as he grows older.

Considering the amount of children who dabble in drawing at a young age (read; all of them) it's a wonder there aren't more child prodigies circling Facebook.

he may just be autistic, like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8YXZTlwTAU

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 03:15:07

At 2/5/13 02:49 AM, Lucky wrote:
At 2/5/13 02:42 AM, Lintire wrote:

he may just be autistic, like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8YXZTlwTAU

Eidetic memory and Autism are entirely divorced from each other. Savants like Stephen Wilkshire are in an incredibly tiny portion of Austitics. The kid *might* be autistic, and judging from his sociable demeanor he almost certainly isn't, but it would have nothing to do with his skill.

The misconception that austistic people are talented or smart is incredibly inaccurate. Statistically speaking, somewhere in between 25% and 70% of austitic people meet the criteria for mental retardation, and anecdotally speaking, the unfortunately vast amount of autistic people I've met (through the absolute fucking pleasure of having an autistic brother who's in half a dozen different support groups) have been completely fucking idiots.

Give your average austitic person a pencilcase and they'll organise the contents to be parrallel to the desk before slamming their faces in the middle of it.

It shouldn't annoy me as much as it does, but every time I see some autistic character who's secretly a genius all I can think about is how it's a wonder they're not biting their hand and throwing a screaming fit whenever somebody doesn't start walking with their left foot.

The more you know. Or the more I rant about my pet peeves, whatever.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 03:50:37

About 10% of autistic people have savant syndrome and about half of all savants are autistic, but it doesn't always end up being useful skills. Pity the kid, for instance, that got stuck with the obsession with vacuums and the ability to identify ceiling fan motors from the sound of the hum rather then ending up with perfect pitch and the ability to copy everything piano piece he hears.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:14:06

At 2/5/13 03:15 AM, Lintire wrote: Eidetic memory and Autism are entirely divorced from each other. Savants like Stephen Wilkshire are in an incredibly tiny portion of Austitics. The kid *might* be autistic, and judging from his sociable demeanor he almost certainly isn't, but it would have nothing to do with his skill...

This might very well be the only rant you've posted (and there are quite a lot of them) that I do not dislike, in fact I very much appreciate it. Although I can see the occasional benefits and even need for it, I always have a lot of trouble with labeling poeple (as autists or dyslectics or as having ADHD et cetera). When you start labeling poeple incorrectly you are just being dumb as well as disrespectfull

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:17:28

At 2/5/13 03:50 AM, lovingthedark wrote: About 10% of autistic people have savant syndrome and about half of all savants are autistic, but it doesn't always end up being useful skills.

I really should start looking up words before I use them with definitions gleaned from context.

Never met a savant but none of the citations listed when such abilities manifest themselves. All the Austitic people I've met have been in their early childhood to mid-teens, so it's possibly that the drooling moron in the corner stacking cups will be the Next Big Thing.

One of the examples used in Dave Hile's short explanation only had his abilities manifest at 40.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:22:22

At 2/5/13 03:50 AM, lovingthedark wrote: About 10% of autistic people have savant syndrome

Quoting wikipedia on this, I guess that was your source too:
"There is no agreement about how many people have savant skills. The estimates range from "exceedingly rare"[11] to one in ten people with autism having savant skills in varying degrees"
I'm more of the former group, but this really depends a whole lot on your definitions of autism and savantism

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2013-02-05 04:24:59

Also: strong forms of autism can make savantism go undetected and likewise there are many highfunctioning autists who would probably be considered talented-but-a-bit-odd rather than savants.

BBS Signature