00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,996 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-04 01:45:34

So I'm ordering some little metal rings and I'mma try chainmaille.
Wish me luck.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-04 02:13:57

At 2/4/12 01:45 AM, Kashi wrote: So I'm ordering some little metal rings and I'mma try chainmaille.
Wish me luck.

Yay I love chainmail

Yeah that one was kind of a duh. No, really How come it seems that I like to do everything

I can't wait to see what you make.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-04 11:17:13

couldn't help myself when I saw this picture. Someone must've had a cookie

Art Forum Lounge

Just testing things out l popcorn

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-04 13:32:56

At 2/4/12 01:45 AM, Kashi wrote: So I'm ordering some little metal rings and I'mma try chainmaille.
Wish me luck.

Good luck. Just so you know, it it's jump rings you're ordering, those are really easy to make by hand out of a bit of steel wire.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-04 14:30:00

Well this is new: DAZ 3D, Bryce and Hexagon are all free for a limited time.

I'm not sure what this DAZ 3D is, it sounds like a beefed up Poser.
Bryce should be a vastly more powerful version of Terragen, for creaing landscapes and scenes.
Hexagon.....I have no idea.

Either way, you might as well nab them now. Doesn't sound like there will be any time limitations - you should be use them and download them after the sale.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-04 15:51:01

At 2/4/12 02:30 PM, Re2deemer wrote: Well this is new: DAZ 3D, Bryce and Hexagon are all free for a limited time.

Bryce should be a vastly more powerful version of Terragen, for creaing landscapes and scenes.

Either way, you might as well nab them now. Doesn't sound like there will be any time limitations - you should be use them and download them after the sale.

Awesome, thank you for posting this!

Haven't heard of anything but Bryce, but they should be interesting to try.

Downloading now.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 03:08:05

im trying to take this one slow as too not rush out to look like a piece of crap. what do you guys think? what else should i do to make this one stand out? and im sorry to intrude on your thread. I only tweeked with the contrast and brightness so you guys will see it well. what should i do with the background? draw tits everywhere??

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 04:02:32

sorry better pic and update

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 11:27:48

Sorry this might be off topic but I've been away from forums for a while. Is COW dead?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 12:40:28

At 2/5/12 04:02 AM, GringoGeek wrote: sorry better pic and update

I actually like the first picture better - as in, the one where the right design appealed a whole lot more. Don't know why you did that to it.

All things considered the pictures ain't too bad. Like the use of value, although it's worked a whole lot better in the left picture where it didn't look so flat.

But hey, it works. Might want to consider starting up an art thread.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 13:07:22

At 2/5/12 11:27 AM, AJtheRipper wrote: Sorry this might be off topic but I've been away from forums for a while. Is COW dead?

yeah, COWs CHOWs and the lot tend to have breaks in them every now and then, I was actually thinking of resurrecting it. Just need to check up with rob if he's planning something.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 13:25:07

At 2/5/12 01:07 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 2/5/12 11:27 AM, AJtheRipper wrote: Sorry this might be off topic but I've been away from forums for a while. Is COW dead?
yeah, COWs CHOWs and the lot tend to have breaks in them every now and then, I was actually thinking of resurrecting it. Just need to check up with rob if he's planning something.

i havent stopped chows, still got the topic list, so should be back soon

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 14:42:47

i havent stopped chows, still got the topic list, so should be back soon

Sweet thanks guys, can't wait! I never have any ideas to draw so I often drift off into the deep dark internet and get distracted.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 21:22:34

Stumbled upon this neat little deal going on
Daz 3d pro sweet
over 800 dollars of 3d stuff for free, just sign up for an account and subscribe to the newsletter (and immidiately unsubscribe if you really care that much)

I'd imagine kinsei would be most interested in this but posting anyway.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 21:33:47

At 2/5/12 09:22 PM, M-Vero wrote: Stumbled upon this neat little deal going on

You're late to the party, Re2deemer posted about this yesterday, it's just 8 posts above yours.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 22:44:51

There's only like 12 hours of this Newgrounds left, you guys. It's been real.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 22:52:01

At 2/5/12 10:44 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: There's only like 12 hours of this Newgrounds left, you guys. It's been real.

*sniff*

I said my goodbyes in the ITT: We say goodbye to current ng thread...

*sob*

...give me a minute...

*wipes away tears*

I'll... I'll be okay. It'll be okay, we're leaving this design for bigger and better (and buggier, if the last design launch is anything to go by) things.

Goodbye 2007 design. You'll always have a place in my heart.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 23:02:27

At 2/5/12 09:22 PM, M-Vero wrote: I'd imagine kinsei would be most interested in this but posting anyway.

I have been trying actually

I had a account with DAZ a few years ago when the program was free way back then.
So I have been trying to make a new one/get my old password back
haha

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-05 23:58:51

At 2/5/12 11:02 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 2/5/12 09:22 PM, M-Vero wrote: I'd imagine kinsei would be most interested in this but posting anyway.
I have been trying actually

I had a account with DAZ a few years ago when the program was free way back then.
So I have been trying to make a new one/get my old password back
haha

They are a bitch when it comes to account activation/password retrieval. Believe me I have been whining at my computer for the free programs but have been having trouble with my account activation. And their customer support.... leaves much to be desired.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-06 00:18:44

At 2/5/12 11:58 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
They are a bitch when it comes to account activation/password retrieval. Believe me I have been whining at my computer for the free programs but have been having trouble with my account activation. And their customer support.... leaves much to be desired.

Don't know if this is relevant to your situation, but the site does not tell you (when you're setting up your password) that non-alphanumeric characters won't work in your password, bhowever it accepts them just the same, which is super weird, so I was unable to log in until I changed my password to just alphanumeric characters through the email retrieval system (had to do it a couple of times to figure out why it wouldn't let me log in).

Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-06 01:06:09

I was finally able to get a confirmation e-mail by registering again, but this time with my never used Gmail account.

Those are a lot of mega bites to download.... Well... I think I know what I'll be doing all day tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-06 02:50:59

At 2/4/12 02:30 PM, Re2deemer wrote: Well this is new: DAZ 3D, Bryce and Hexagon are all free for a limited time.

sounds interesting, has anyone given it a try yet? im pretty curious as to how good any of them are.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-07 21:22:39

New design is live, what'ch'all think?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-07 21:24:38

At A few seconds ago, BlackmarketKraig wrote: New design is live, what'ch'all think?

Pretty sweet.
I like the forum format and scheme and stuff :D
Also dat art portal B]

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-07 21:26:22

At A few seconds ago, Kashi wrote:
At A few seconds ago, BlackmarketKraig wrote: New design is live, what'ch'all think?
Pretty sweet.
I like the forum format and scheme and stuff :D
Also dat art portal B]

Kinda peeved that the forum bg isn't a solid colour, it will be hard to make cut out characters and put them in here now. Other than that, I like it! Very new/shiny :)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-07 21:30:19

I like this new design

except for one thing

I LOST MY SWISS ARMY KNIFE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-07 21:35:21

badass design!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-07 21:35:42

Woah!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-07 21:42:38

Yeah, this is going to get all kinds of fucking confusing.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-07 21:42:54

Everything feels really busy to me