At 12/4/11 11:05 AM, Knocturne wrote:
Reasons why people here are 'prats':
1. In this art forum there isn't much art
Pretty much every thread that's active that isn't the lounge is art. Just because most of the regulars don't post art anymore, doesn't mean that there's no art whatsoever.
2. So many old forumers here and they hate forumly things like new people not using the forums correctly or stubborn forumers who can't handle critique because they've seen it a thousand times
So then everyone should just mature the fuck up and get over it. If someone can't handle critique, then just leave the thread alone instead of continuing to lynch the fucking person.
3. Old forumers hate discussing art in terms of meaning or perception because they've already talked about it early on and anyone who missed their old conversation(s) are SOL because they are new or whatever and the old forumers don't care
There's nothing wrong with discussing a topic that's been brought up a few times. However, if the topic has been done to death, maybe a specific thread for that topic should be created so that the lounge doesn't get cluttered up as much, as well as the fact that anyone who is interested in that topic can be directed to it, and use that thread as an encyclopedia of sorts on the issue.
4. This art forum doesn't like to critique really, unless the general consensus thinks the person in question is moronic and therefore they waste perfectly good energy telling these hopeless people how to improve (knowing full well they will >>>>>>>>>NOT<<<<<<<<< use this information when there are dozens of "hungry" artists in this forum who wish to have the critiques these (mostly older forumers) waste on the hopeless instead of the hopeful.
I think this is mainly due to lack of motivation and people just don't care anymore. A lot of people, unfortunately, feel that if they don't get critiques, why should they give critiques? But you can't expect to get critiques all the time, and if you do, there's always the review request club to satisfy your need if you feel it necessary to get a critique on every single piece that you submit.
5. Unless you mesh into the clique you are SOL too because much of the critiques that the forumers here dole out is only really done on stickam.
Again, relates back to the last question's answer. People on stickam have grown into a more close knit community and are more friendly with each other, therefore it's easier to just say what you will and get recognition. There's an art forum activities thread for a reason, because everyone is welcome. If stickam is a resource to get critiques, then use that resource to its fullest.
6. You think talking about art is insignificant on the art forums.
No, I don't think talking about art is insignificant on the art forums. What I do think is insignificant is the fact that a lot of the times these discussions about art shift away from the actual discussion and everyone instead just starts bashing on each other like a bunch of fucking barbarians. Mature the fuck up people, and if someone is acting like a fucking moron, just ignore them. No need to turn into a bunch of fucking monkeys and start flinging your shit at one another. If you want to talk about art, talk about art, don't start arguing with someone for the sake of arguing or just because you don't like the person. Stay on fucking topic. And that's the reason why I don't like to join into these art conversations because by the end of the day the topic isn't about art, it's about who the biggest cunt is.
And if this shit keeps up, I might not bother sticking around to watch everyone burn themselves, and this forum, to the ground.