jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 12/1/11 12:40 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 12/1/11 12:34 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 12/1/11 12:29 PM, Ramatsu wrote: About how she is going to repay you(question mark).
essentially xD
That's great.
You might want to bump the thread when it gets resolved, so that it doesn't end on a downer.

sure thing ^^

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 07:09 PM Reply

So my tablet was accidentally unplugged, and does not seem to work anymore. I tried reinstalling the tablet but that does not seem to be the problem. It is either the USB cable or the pc itself. Anyone know of anything that can help me?

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 07:13 PM Reply

So my tablet was accidentally unplugged, and does not seem to work anymore. I tried reinstalling the tablet but that does not seem to be the problem. It is either the USB cable or the pc itself. Anyone know of anything that can help me?

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 12/1/11 07:09 PM, Ramatsu wrote: So my tablet was accidentally unplugged, and does not seem to work anymore. I tried reinstalling the tablet but that does not seem to be the problem. It is either the USB cable or the pc itself. Anyone know of anything that can help me?

Sorry for the triple post the 1st time was because I had hit the back button and thought it was not sent, but I found the problem... It has bite marks all over it. I need a new one and again I apologize.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 12/1/11 07:23 PM, Ramatsu wrote: I found the problem... It has bite marks all over it. I need a new one and again I apologize.

Bitemarks on the tablet itself or the cable? You might be able to find a replacement cable.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 12/1/11 07:35 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 12/1/11 07:23 PM, Ramatsu wrote: I found the problem... It has bite marks all over it. I need a new one and again I apologize.
Bitemarks on the tablet itself or the cable? You might be able to find a replacement cable.

Yeah it's the cable, my gfs lil rat dog gets into everything, she needs to keep a closer eye on that pup. I'm using her ps3 USB cable until I get a new one for the tablet.

My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 10:44 PM Reply

So legolass joined my minecraft world.... and became creepy as all hell.

Art Forum Lounge

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:38 AM Reply

At 12/1/11 10:44 PM, ornery wrote: So legolass joined my minecraft world.... and became creepy as all hell.

lmfao.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 12/1/11 10:44 PM, ornery wrote: So legolass joined my minecraft world.... and became creepy as all hell.

I'm scared.

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:11 AM Reply

#cult

Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:16 AM Reply

Tempting, but unfortunately I prefer to work with more subtlety.

Art Forum Lounge

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:25 AM Reply

looks like i'm going to have to make it harder to find in future...

now... time to go back to my blown up shrine... thanks...

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:46 AM Reply

At 12/2/11 04:25 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
now... time to go back to my blown up shrine... thanks...

Who said it was blown up?

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:19 AM Reply

... do i want to know what you have done?... oh... you could have flooded it, taken out all the lights so monsters spawn, set it on fire, plant tree's, rename signs, changed the picture to a creeper, made arrow traps on the way in, blocked the door up, made the floor lava, spawned sheep inside, made a portal to hell inside, or couldn't be bothered...

the possibilities are not endless...

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:20 AM Reply

At 12/2/11 05:19 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
the possibilities are not endless...

Or I could have done absolutely nothing.

The portal to hell would be pretty good though. I wish I had thought of that.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:01 AM Reply

At 12/2/11 05:20 AM, Felis wrote: The portal to hell would be pretty good though. I wish I had thought of that.

don't worry... i will make a secret door behind the the picture that leads to the cult room... this is just the fluffy outer shell >;3

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 10:55 AM Reply

Paycheck today, help me decide: New tablet or new drum stuff.

I'd use both things as much as my new lifestyle will allow, I desperately need both things but only have enough funds to errr...fund one of these. New tablet would be an upgrade for me, either a large intuos4 or the wireless intuos4, as opposed to my previous small bamboo which is now 4 years old (soon to be five and broken to boot).

The drum stuff would be within the same range as the tablet, (300-500) and would include new crash cymbals, a cowbell, (cymbal parts ((felts, washers, sleeves, snares etc.)), drum sticks, and a mounted tambourine attachment among other things. I would probably use these less often, but they are more necessary since I kinda need them for gigging whereas the tablet is more recreational sans the graphic design I've started doing again for supplemental income.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
MrSantaClaus
MrSantaClaus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 10:58 AM Reply

At 12/2/11 10:55 AM, Knocturne wrote: Paycheck today, help me decide: New tablet or new drum stuff.

Hohoho maybe you should ask Santa that you want a new tablet
and buy the drum stuff

hohoho merry recession

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:04 AM Reply

At 12/1/11 12:29 PM, Ramatsu wrote: (question mark).

Why? Is he untrustworthy?

At 12/2/11 10:55 AM, Knocturne wrote: Paycheck today, help me decide: New tablet or new drum stuff.

Knocturne, this is an art forum. You're asking an art forum whether you should buy an art thing, or a non-art thing.

Check out my webcomic: The Amazing and Remarkably True Adventures of Kim and Amy
Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:20 AM Reply

At 12/2/11 11:04 AM, Aigis wrote: Knocturne, this is an art forum. You're asking an art forum whether you should buy an art thing, or a non-art thing.

this is a very good point, maybe if it was (should i buy paints or buy crayons) you might have a better discussion... do you have a drum set?... do you have a tablet?... yes is the answer to both of these... so we go to the next question... which do you need the most to improve what you do?... which one will make the biggest improvement... at the end of the day... its your money, its your choice...

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:58 AM Reply

Personally, I say buy new drum stuff.
Now, don't go all heretic on me until I explain, people.
What you do is buy a new drum set, then sell your old drum set, and then buy a new tablet with the money that came from selling the old drum set.
WIN WIN

Luwano
Luwano
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 12/2/11 11:58 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Personally, I say buy new drum stuff.
Now, don't go all heretic on me until I explain, people.
What you do is buy a new drum set, then sell your old drum set, and then buy a new tablet with the money that came from selling the old drum set.
WIN WIN

In addition to what Jonny said, the chances of earning money with your music is a bit higher than with art, isn't it? Therefore it sounds more reasonable to buy the drum stuff.

IF I am right with the earning thing of course.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:44 PM Reply

Aigis, no offense but music is a kind of art, I'm asking the visual arts forums whether I should invest in a tool for visual arts or tools for auditory art.

But I wasn't asking as a person who draws, I was asking as an acquaintance-to-acquaintance kind of thing. Both things make me money and naw Jonny my set is too new, the drum stuff is basically attachments, but if I took my set to Venice Beach and had a hat in front as I drummed, maybe I'd get the dough for a tablet

Also, I'd go with crayons

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 12/2/11 04:44 PM, Knocturne wrote: Aigis, no offense but music is a kind of art, I'm asking the visual arts forums whether I should invest in a tool for visual arts or tools for auditory art.

Interpretive dance is a kind of art but that doesn't mean that it's what I was referring to when I used the word 'art'.

Check out my webcomic: The Amazing and Remarkably True Adventures of Kim and Amy
Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 12/2/11 04:44 PM, Knocturne wrote: But I wasn't asking as a person who draws, I was asking as an acquaintance-to-acquaintance kind of thing. Both things make me money and naw Jonny my set is too new, the drum stuff is basically attachments, but if I took my set to Venice Beach and had a hat in front as I drummed, maybe I'd get the dough for a tablet

Hrmm, I see. I'd still go with the drum set cause even though you still draw, you drum a lot more, and especially since you've got your band going now and you guys are working on recording stuff, I think it would probably be the overall better investment.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:43 PM Reply

Sup homies. I'm popping in and all, to say hi and all. Remember to floss and practice figure-drawing. Peace out.

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:49 PM Reply

Knoc, I don't know which I'd recommend, music is your livelyhood to an extent, while art doesn't seem to be. But something I can say is don't get a wireless tablet, they'll last half as long(totally exaggerating) as wired, and there can be delay and some interference issues.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:36 PM Reply

At 12/2/11 06:43 PM, Lintire wrote: Sup homies. I'm popping in and all, to say hi and all. Remember to floss and practice figure-drawing. Peace out.

Why have you forsaken us?

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 12/2/11 07:36 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Why have you forsaken us?

It's okay, honeybuns, I'd never forsake my favourite internet craphole. Lets just blame the situation.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 12/2/11 08:36 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 12/2/11 07:36 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Why have you forsaken us?
It's okay, honeybuns, I'd never forsake my favourite internet craphole. Lets just blame the situation.

I can read your post history.
You have forsaken us to hang with General :C