Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 548,456 Views
  • 17,420 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 11:20 AM Reply

Oh man. Art forum drama. What happened?

Art Forum Lounge

CloudObler
CloudObler
  • Member since: Mar. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 11:22 AM Reply

At 12/4/11 11:20 AM, CloudEater wrote: Oh man. Art forum drama. What happened?

Also, just so you know.
Yesterday = 3 hours ago.
What did Steve do? D:

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 12:03 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 11:22 AM, CloudObler wrote:
At 12/4/11 11:20 AM, CloudEater wrote: Oh man. Art forum drama. What happened?
Also, just so you know.
Yesterday = 3 hours ago.
What did Steve do? D:

Heh. I led him to believe that Jacob was your alt again.


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 11:05 AM, Knocturne wrote: Reasons why people here are 'prats':
1. In this art forum there isn't much art

Pretty much every thread that's active that isn't the lounge is art. Just because most of the regulars don't post art anymore, doesn't mean that there's no art whatsoever.

2. So many old forumers here and they hate forumly things like new people not using the forums correctly or stubborn forumers who can't handle critique because they've seen it a thousand times

So then everyone should just mature the fuck up and get over it. If someone can't handle critique, then just leave the thread alone instead of continuing to lynch the fucking person.

3. Old forumers hate discussing art in terms of meaning or perception because they've already talked about it early on and anyone who missed their old conversation(s) are SOL because they are new or whatever and the old forumers don't care

There's nothing wrong with discussing a topic that's been brought up a few times. However, if the topic has been done to death, maybe a specific thread for that topic should be created so that the lounge doesn't get cluttered up as much, as well as the fact that anyone who is interested in that topic can be directed to it, and use that thread as an encyclopedia of sorts on the issue.

4. This art forum doesn't like to critique really, unless the general consensus thinks the person in question is moronic and therefore they waste perfectly good energy telling these hopeless people how to improve (knowing full well they will >>>>>>>>>NOT<<<<<<<<< use this information when there are dozens of "hungry" artists in this forum who wish to have the critiques these (mostly older forumers) waste on the hopeless instead of the hopeful.

I think this is mainly due to lack of motivation and people just don't care anymore. A lot of people, unfortunately, feel that if they don't get critiques, why should they give critiques? But you can't expect to get critiques all the time, and if you do, there's always the review request club to satisfy your need if you feel it necessary to get a critique on every single piece that you submit.

5. Unless you mesh into the clique you are SOL too because much of the critiques that the forumers here dole out is only really done on stickam.

Again, relates back to the last question's answer. People on stickam have grown into a more close knit community and are more friendly with each other, therefore it's easier to just say what you will and get recognition. There's an art forum activities thread for a reason, because everyone is welcome. If stickam is a resource to get critiques, then use that resource to its fullest.

6. You think talking about art is insignificant on the art forums.

No, I don't think talking about art is insignificant on the art forums. What I do think is insignificant is the fact that a lot of the times these discussions about art shift away from the actual discussion and everyone instead just starts bashing on each other like a bunch of fucking barbarians. Mature the fuck up people, and if someone is acting like a fucking moron, just ignore them. No need to turn into a bunch of fucking monkeys and start flinging your shit at one another. If you want to talk about art, talk about art, don't start arguing with someone for the sake of arguing or just because you don't like the person. Stay on fucking topic. And that's the reason why I don't like to join into these art conversations because by the end of the day the topic isn't about art, it's about who the biggest cunt is.

And if this shit keeps up, I might not bother sticking around to watch everyone burn themselves, and this forum, to the ground.
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 12:57 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/4/11 11:05 AM, Knocturne wrote: stuff
more stuff

Most of these problems* are due to "old members".
So the answer is to develop activities where new people are willing to participate, rather than catering to the old farts.

Talk about art, by all means.
However, I'd rather talk about stuff like "look at these pretentious art students watch a girl piss into a bean tin" than some vague topics like "What is art" which achieves nothing.

*some of these I think are delusional

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:31 PM Reply

Is it just me, or does everyone seem so angry recently. If not angry, then seeming to have short tempers.

I'll go back to my lurking now.

Er... anyway.

On a lighter note, I wrecked my car the other night. Yeah smashed it up kind of nice like. Still runs, just not quite drivable with the hood all messed up and the windshield all bashed up.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 01:31 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: On a lighter note, I wrecked my car the other night. Yeah smashed it up kind of nice like. Still runs, just not quite drivable with the hood all messed up and the windshield all bashed up.

Drinking and driving?

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:36 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 01:32 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/4/11 01:31 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: On a lighter note, I wrecked my car the other night. Yeah smashed it up kind of nice like. Still runs, just not quite drivable with the hood all messed up and the windshield all bashed up.
Drinking and driving?

too fast + gravel road + 1 am + deer = one hell of a ride.

Had worse though.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:41 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 01:36 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: too fast + gravel road + 1 am + deer = one hell of a ride.

Is it bad if I lol'd? :3

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:43 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 01:41 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 12/4/11 01:36 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: too fast + gravel road + 1 am + deer = one hell of a ride.
Is it bad if I lol'd? :3

Nah, Go for it.
It'll take a lot more than a car wreck to take me out.
although I am out a car at the moment >.>


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 01:36 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
too fast + gravel road + 1 am + deer = one hell of a ride.
Had worse though.

Speeding gets you nowhere fast. In most cases a ticket or emergency room, drive safely and responsibly people! Happy holidays!! Lol :P


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 01:36 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: too fast + gravel road + 1 am + deer = one hell of a ride.
Had worse though.

Kinsei's 1am Gravel Road Coaster!
Coming soon!!!

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 01:45 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
Speeding gets you nowhere fast. In most cases a ticket or emergency room, drive safely and responsibly people! Happy holidays!! Lol :P

I don't know, it got me to that ditch pretty quick.

At 12/4/11 01:46 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Kinsei's 1am Gravel Road Coaster!
Coming soon!!!

Those with weak hearts or reasons to live may not be eligible to ride,


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 01:46 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/4/11 01:36 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: too fast + gravel road + 1 am + deer = one hell of a ride.
Had worse though.
Kinsei's 1am Gravel Road Coaster!
Coming soon!!!

"in order to ride you must sign this form. Serious injury or death may occur."


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 03:51 PM Reply

I suppose


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 03:58 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 03:51 PM, Knocturne wrote: I suppose

What can we do to fix it, Knock?


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 04:18 PM Reply

I guess do what Turkey said even though we've done that "make new activities and participate" thing a buttload of times before and it never lasts longer than a couple weeks. But, cutting the fat of the matter is maybe as a group of friends I like this forum but as an art forum I don't really like it. But then again pretty much all my recent forrays which are themselves attempts to reintegrate into forum society have all been stand-offish rants. Which I do a lot anyway, but they make less sense than usual.

I guess I just have to accept the forums as they are and not see them how I saw them when I first started posting.


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 03:58 PM, lovingthedark wrote: What can we do to fix it, Knock?

I say we have a fiesta.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 04:18 PM, Knocturne wrote: I guess I just have to accept the forums as they are and not see them how I saw them when I first started posting.

I'm not angry, I'm just... Disappointed.

Art Forum Lounge


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 04:31 PM Reply

Is that a summation of my thought or your reaction to it? (mostly cuz 'Bama is black so I thought it was supposed to be a picture of me cuz I might be one of the only not white forumers.


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 04:48 PM Reply

What's so different about the forums knoc? We're still doing art and we're still making community projects. I don't see any significant changes that are bad at least in my perspective. It makes me sad that you're thinking of leaving, since that's another great person gone here. But I'll respect your decision though, be it as it may.

I think we are not having enough fiascos though.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 04:18 PM, Knocturne wrote: I guess do what Turkey said even though we've done that "make new activities and participate" thing a buttload of times before and it never lasts longer than a couple weeks. But, cutting the fat of the matter is maybe as a group of friends I like this forum but as an art forum I don't really like it.

Quit complaining, it's achieving nothing. It's pretty detrimental, since it's painting a darker image than it is in reality, and causes friction.

This is a forum, and it's made up of several people. If you want art related topics, push it the way you want it to go, and people might join in.

Also what happened to the Tarot Card Collab?


BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 05:00 PM Reply

We met our quota on fiascos for this year.
Wait 3 more week and they can start again in abundance.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 04:31 PM, Knocturne wrote: Is that a summation of my thought or your reaction to it? (mostly cuz 'Bama is black so I thought it was supposed to be a picture of me cuz I might be one of the only not white forumers.

It's a summation of your thought, but race wasn't the reason I chose the picture.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 05:16 PM Reply

The collab is on the back burner

And I disagree about the "make the change you want to see" because it's shouldn't be up to me. It's a forum. Made up of several people. If one person wants to do it, it only really works when everyone does it.

I'll stop complaining though.


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 05:16 PM, Knocturne wrote: And I disagree about the "make the change you want to see" because it's shouldn't be up to me.

It's up to everyone INCLUDING YOU, though.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 05:31 PM Reply

Together we can do this! We can make this a better place! Lol


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 05:41 PM Reply

Yeah Aigis, duh.

I tried before, which is what I said earlier...


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 05:00 PM, M-Vero wrote: We met our quota on fiascos for this year.
Wait 3 more week and they can start again in abundance.

I figure we can fit one or two more in before the new year, with a little management anything is possible.

Also those problems are discussed every 4 months or so, Knoc.

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2011 @ 11:34 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 04:28 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 12/4/11 04:18 PM, Knocturne wrote: I guess I just have to accept the forums as they are and not see them how I saw them when I first started posting.
I'm not angry, I'm just... Disappointed.

sames.


..