00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

joker1222344 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

960,094 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-17 00:19:51

All this msn stuff got me thinking.. What if there was some sort of chat function for each forum or something? I've seen other sites use a basic "shout box" sort of deal that seems to work pretty well, and would be a great feature, especially when bored just browsing threads!

sorry if its been brought up before btw

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-17 00:28:59

yeah, that would get completely outta hand! lol

The iscribble fad seems to have died off ...we need to have a giant isketch session!! woO!!

or use this lounge more... for things like...giving fleshlight shit for calling me out on my failure to not redirect when he's the one that made the amazing list that keeps my habit alive and thriving!! <3

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-17 00:37:47

oh don't get me wrong, I realize that the newgrounds userbase couldn't possibly handle the amount of responsibility that comes with the most basic of bbcodes, but it's still a pain in the ass.

ordinarily, when I post on an art related forum I like to post ten or so images at a time instead of just one. but yeah, w/e

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-17 00:49:45

yeah the other forum i hang out on uses bbcodes, posting all your images at once is so much easier. But granted their a more mature bunch of people, and as Tmkunt said Newgrounds is a bunch of immature assholes, myself included, who probably couldn't handle such rawr power.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-17 00:51:47

At 4/17/09 12:28 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: or use this lounge more... for things like...giving fleshlight shit for calling me out on my failure to not redirect when he's the one that made the amazing list that keeps my habit alive and thriving!! <3

Here's some shit fleshlight, please take it :).
*gives fl shit*

At 4/17/09 12:37 AM, tmkunt wrote: ordinarily, when I post on an art related forum I like to post ten or so images at a time instead of just one. but yeah, w/e

maybe we could make a huge petition! and start street roits :O!! AND BREAK WINDOWS??!?!!?!?!?

that sentence started seriously . . .

or we could just get some one to talk to wade/tom

some people get them, some people don't;

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-17 01:10:57

really don't see the need of this IMG crap. If you want to make a list of your art all nice and pretty, just go to deviant or another head-up-its-ass art site. It's not like you're using newgrounds to host your portfolio, in which case no one in their right mind will accept you.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-17 07:27:36

At 4/17/09 12:49 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: rawr power.

I think you may have accidentally come up with one of the most awesome terms I've ever heard.

Art Forum Lounge

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-17 12:47:00

At 4/17/09 07:27 AM, idiot-monarch wrote:
I think you may have accidentally come up with one of the most awesome terms I've ever heard.

Legend in the making.. RAWR!!

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-17 13:14:13

At 4/17/09 07:27 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: I think you may have accidentally come up with one of the most awesome terms I've ever heard.

I agree

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-20 07:21:26

I do love a good election! :D /notreallylartrelated

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-20 23:03:19

At 4/17/09 07:27 AM, idiot-monarch wrote:

Oh my god i did! I didn't even know i had it in me!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-20 23:15:30

At 4/20/09 07:21 AM, McJesus wrote: I do love a good election! :D /notreallylartrelated

the fuck is that shit about

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-22 23:21:21

When you create a copy of a good character, whether it's his relative, or an evil clone, how do you modify the copy, to not make it look exactly the same as the original, other than modifying it's color scheme?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-22 23:52:42

At 4/22/09 11:21 PM, ngman7 wrote: When you create a copy of a good character, whether it's his relative, or an evil clone, how do you modify the copy, to not make it look exactly the same as the original, other than modifying it's color scheme?

wtf are you even talking about? photoshop? be more specific

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 15:08:48

At 4/22/09 11:52 PM, Fleshlight wrote:
At 4/22/09 11:21 PM, ngman7 wrote: When you create a copy of a good character, whether it's his relative, or an evil clone, how do you modify the copy, to not make it look exactly the same as the original, other than modifying it's color scheme?
wtf are you even talking about? photoshop? be more specific

No-creating comic book characters.
I have a main character and I have his brother and an evil clone.
I want the brothers to look alike but not too much alike you can' tell them apart. They were similiar outfits.
I have an evil doppelganger of both of them.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 16:10:53

I want the brothers to look alike but not too much alike you can' tell them apart. They were similiar outfits.

Well the best I can tell you is change hair styles and even if they where the same outfits make them where them differently. For instance if they both where suites have one ware it formally, but have the other where it casually.
Also through clever writing have their personalities different

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 20:54:51

At 4/23/09 04:10 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
Well the best I can tell you is change hair styles and even if they where the same outfits make them where them differently. For instance if they both where suites have one ware it formally, but have the other where it casually.
Also through clever writing have their personalities different

I want the brother to have the same kind of outfit, but modify his hair.

They are streetfighters. They both wear t-shirts and belts with oversized buckles.
What physical distinguishing traits should I give the brother? I was thinking maybe a neckband or wristbands, or a band around his arm, and the main character not have any bands.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 21:02:03

At 4/23/09 08:54 PM, ngman7 wrote:
What physical distinguishing traits should I give the brother?

Well, you could give him scars or tattoos. You could give him a monocle and a top hat. Since he's the evil twin, you could make him perpetually frowning. You could pretend he's emo: give him Hot Topic-esque clothes and pale skin.

There are a lot of things you could do.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 21:21:58

The universal symbol for evil is a goatee. Duh.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 22:01:18

At 4/23/09 09:02 PM, Little-Eise wrote:
At 4/23/09 08:54 PM, ngman7 wrote:
What physical distinguishing traits should I give the brother?
Well, you could give him scars or tattoos. You could give him a monocle and a top hat. Since he's the evil twin, you could make him perpetually frowning. You could pretend he's emo: give him Hot Topic-esque clothes and pale skin.

There are a lot of things you could do.

The brother isn't the evil twin. I know what to do with the evil clone.
How do I modify the look of the brother with clothing?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 22:18:04

At 4/23/09 10:01 PM, ngman7 wrote:
The brother isn't the evil twin. I know what to do with the evil clone.
How do I modify the look of the brother with clothing?

In that case, make one of the brothers shorter/ taller, skinnier/ wider, or more muscular/ less muscular. Just make sure they have similar facial features so the person playing the game will know that they are related.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 23:02:51

At 4/23/09 10:18 PM, Little-Eise wrote:

In that case, make one of the brothers shorter/ taller, skinnier/ wider, or more muscular/ less muscular. Just make sure they have similar facial features so the person playing the game will know that they are related.

This is for a comic book.
How do I modify the character's clothing?

I want the brothers to look alike but have different hair.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 23:07:58

Jesus kid if you can't figure out simple things like this on your own don't make a comic.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 23:09:44

At 4/23/09 11:07 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Jesus kid if you can't figure out simple things like this on your own don't make a comic.

We aren't communicating.

What are typical things tough guys wear besides fingerless gloves, wrist bands, arm bands, bracelets, arm guards, sweat bands, neck bands? That would help.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 23:25:57

At 4/23/09 11:09 PM, ngman7 wrote: We aren't communicating.

And why is that? Look if you're making a comic you need to be able to make decisions like basic character design on your own, not ask what you should do for every little detail. It's YOUR comic, YOU make the artistic decisions.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 23:30:04

At 4/23/09 11:25 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
And why is that? Look if you're making a comic you need to be able to make decisions like basic character design on your own, not ask what you should do for every little detail. It's YOUR comic, YOU make the artistic decisions.

listen to this man. Would you rather want to create a comic that you put your heart and sole into, or do you want a "Frankenstein" comic made out of the ideas of others?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-23 23:42:17

At 4/23/09 11:25 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:

I don't have a scanner so I can't show you what I'm talking about. If you could visualize it you could post suggestions and that would help me out.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-24 00:05:42

I don't think you're quite understanding us, DON'T ask us how to draw your characters, DON'T ask us about what details should be added (clothes, accessory's, etc.) If the comic is going to have any longevity to it you need to be able to make these kinds of decisions yourself, without consulting others over every little thing.

If you want us to try and tell you how you can IMPROVE your characters, not tell you what to add and draw mind you, then you need to post a picture so we can see what you're working with. We are all artists here and majority of us are visual learners, so just telling us what it looks like isn't going to cut it.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-24 16:45:12

At 4/24/09 12:05 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: I don't think you're quite understanding us, DON'T ask us how to draw your characters, DON'T ask us about what details should be added (clothes, accessory's, etc.) If the comic is going to have any longevity to it you need to be able to make these kinds of decisions yourself, without consulting others over every little thing.

If you want us to try and tell you how you can IMPROVE your characters, not tell you what to add and draw mind you, then you need to post a picture so we can see what you're working with. We are all artists here and majority of us are visual learners, so just telling us what it looks like isn't going to cut it.

I wasn't trying to. Forgive me for sounding rude or being rude. I would like some input though to see what you guys thinks works.

I am writing a cartoon book so I am trying to keep character designs simple.
I am writing a comic about streetfighting cats and dogs.
The main character has a brother, and I was thinking the brother can have modified hiar, have a similar outfit but a slightly modified color scheme, and wear wrist bands.
The main character does not wear wrist bands. :D

The evil conterpart of the main character looks like him except his color scheme is opposite, he has pointy teeth instead of straight ones nad wears black fingerless gloves and has jagged features (ears, tail, whiskers, etc.)
The brother's counterpart looks like him except he wears fingerless gloves with a slightly larger cuff and band on the cuffs.

Do such gloves exist? Combo wirstband-fingerless glove?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-04-24 17:03:17

At 4/24/09 12:05 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: you need to post a picture

Once again describing it to us doesn't mean much, if you really want to know what we think than post a picture.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature