Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 534,535 Views
  • 17,337 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HahaBears
HahaBears
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 8th, 2008 @ 09:58 PM Reply

Hey guys, do you think I should start a pinhole camera photography thread or just revive the old one?

2 Different processes and experiences and pinhole making needs a definition


If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 9th, 2008 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 11/8/08 09:58 PM, HahaBears wrote: Hey guys, do you think I should start a pinhole camera photography thread or just revive the old one?

2 Different processes and experiences and pinhole making needs a definition

How old is the old one? Got a link?

HahaBears
HahaBears
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 9th, 2008 @ 01:08 PM Reply

At 11/9/08 12:23 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 11/8/08 09:58 PM, HahaBears wrote: Hey guys, do you think I should start a pinhole camera photography thread or just revive the old one?

2 Different processes and experiences and pinhole making needs a definition
How old is the old one? Got a link?

There's never been another pinhole thread but I was asking if I should post pinhole techniques in the overall photography thread


If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 9th, 2008 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 11/9/08 01:08 PM, HahaBears wrote: There's never been another pinhole thread but I was asking if I should post pinhole techniques in the overall photography thread

ooh! :P ...well, I have no idea what it is, so... if you think it's worthy of it's own thread, then go for it! ;)

Matt2k8
Matt2k8
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 07:19 PM Reply

Ok guys, have you ever gone too draw when this dumbass kid comes over you'r shoulder constanly watches you and then finaly says "Omg you traced that!" or "Thats shit" when you'r just doing little doodles and not putting much effort into it.

I fucking hate it! I't pisses me off like mad, but normaly i just call them fags and they walk away.

So how anything like this happened too you?


PSN: Mazzoo969
Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature
kernalphage
kernalphage
  • Member since: Jan. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 11/20/08 07:19 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Ok guys, have you ever gone too draw when this dumbass kid comes over you'r shoulder constanly watches you and then finaly says "Omg you traced that!" or "Thats shit" when you'r just doing little doodles and not putting much effort into it.

i get the opposite most days. 90% of the kids in my school don't draw past stick-figures, so my finished works and my li'l doodles get the conversation:
"You drew that?"
"uhh...yah"
"that's good!"
I nod and mumble appreciatively, then go back to drawing.

yes, i'm complaining about compliments. i feel like i'm getting complacent and not learning.

Vousielle
Vousielle
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 10th, 2008 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 11/20/08 09:08 PM, kernalphage wrote: i get the opposite most days. 90% of the kids in my school don't draw past stick-figures, so my finished works and my li'l doodles get the conversation:
"You drew that?"
"uhh...yah"
"that's good!"
I nod and mumble appreciatively, then go back to drawing.

yes, i'm complaining about compliments. i feel like i'm getting complacent and not learning.

I often feel the same way. I generally am very embarassed when people notice and compliment my work.


Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature
Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 10th, 2008 @ 10:23 PM Reply

i get the opposite most days. 90% of the kids in my school don't draw past stick-figures, so my finished works and my li'l doodles get the conversation:
"You drew that?"
"uhh...yah"
"that's good!"

jesus christ I hate this. It used to happen all the time when I was in high school. So damn annoying when you're drawing something and they ask me if I drew it. "well...I am currently drawing it, SO YEA! I FUCKIN DREW IT!"


|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

tmkunt
tmkunt
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 10th, 2008 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 12/10/08 10:07 PM, Vousielle wrote: I often feel the same way. I generally am very embarassed when people notice and compliment my work.

lol, I'm like the exact opposite of you guys

getting someone to even take notice of my stuff is tough, let alone getting a compliment.

Penboy
Penboy
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 12:07 AM Reply

At 12/10/08 10:23 PM, Fleshlight wrote: jesus christ I hate this. It used to happen all the time when I was in high school. So damn annoying when you're drawing something and they ask me if I drew it. "well...I am currently drawing it, SO YEA! I FUCKIN DREW IT!"

roflcopter, I guess kids think you have to be in your late 40's and have a masters degree in art to be able to produce something more than a stick figure.

Also, hello everyone. I never knew this lounge existed, so uhh...yeah I'll be posting here some times :D

ScorpianX0
ScorpianX0
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 06:30 AM Reply

At 12/10/08 10:23 PM, Fleshlight wrote:
jesus christ I hate this. It used to happen all the time when I was in high school. So damn annoying when you're drawing something and they ask me if I drew it. "well...I am currently drawing it, SO YEA! I FUCKIN DREW IT!"

LOL... this just about happens to anyone that's artist in Highschool.

apparently, It's a astounding discovery to others : O !

My Art thread / My DA account or just click my sig pic.
Beastiality is WAAYYYYY against park regulations, but YIFFY is ok

BBS Signature
Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 09:19 AM Reply

LOL... this just about happens to anyone that's artist in Highschool.

apparently, It's a astounding discovery to others : O !

Even in college people give out a ton of compliments. haven't they ever seen digital painting before? gawd


|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

ngmastah
ngmastah
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 10:38 AM Reply

I'm sad no one is voting for me, hey Kraig maybe you should put a "most assholish artist" on there.


PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:
darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 12/11/08 10:38 AM, ngmastah wrote: I'm sad no one is voting for me, hey Kraig maybe you should put a "most assholish artist" on there.

There's still a lot of time left. ;] I wanted to keep the cateories positive (I think I might be in the running for "assholish artist" too).

Narf109 did vote for you for "Most Improved Artist," that's something, if you ask me.


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 03:15 PM Reply

At 12/11/08 10:42 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I think I might be in the running for "assholish artist" too.

NOT :P ...you are <3'd!! I need to collect my thoughts a post my votes! ...but it's such a whirlwind of activity 'round these here parts! lol

I just wanted to add: ooOOhh! pretty side banners! I feel all warm 'n toasty!! Totally diggin' it! :D

Vortex00
Vortex00
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Programmer
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 04:36 PM Reply

so much is happening at the same time XD

Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 07:36 PM Reply

The past couple of days, I did the greatest thing for my computer. I downgraded back to XP! I decided to give CS4 another shot, and everything works so damn smoothly now. Things were really frustrating with vista that I gave up on drawing in Photoshop and Flash for a while.


|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 12/11/08 07:36 PM, Fleshlight wrote: The past couple of days, I did the greatest thing for the art forum.

Edited for accuracy! :P

Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 08:04 PM Reply

haha, i don't really have the problem with people asking me if i drew something, but that's largely because i tend to keep it to myself unless i'm showing it to another artist. I always feel awkward when confronted by a random person asking "How you do that?" or "Why you draw that crazy shit?" it's always more trouble than it's worth describing a process and i can never explain why i drew something.

Man i'm tired i'm banking on a snowday tommorow, but it's all okay i'm in a good mood because i have one vote for me in the awards, it made my day i feel loved


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 04:18 PM Reply

Anyone else going to vote on the Art Forum Awards (I'm looking at you ReNaeNae)?


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Vousielle
Vousielle
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 05:21 PM Reply

I've done so already, and I still haven't received my bribe. I mean, incentive.


Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 12/15/08 04:18 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Anyone else going to vote on the Art Forum Awards (I'm looking at you ReNaeNae)?

...sorry, the what now?
lol :P

it's too hard to chooooose!!! waahhhaaaaaaa! :'(
tmkunt
tmkunt
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 06:48 PM Reply

kind of out of nowhere question, but do you guys miss dile as much as I do?

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 12/15/08 06:45 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...sorry, the what now?
lol :P
it's too hard to chooooose!!! waahhhaaaaaaa! :'(

C'mon, do it!! You drew a circle, you can do this too!

At 12/15/08 06:48 PM, tmkunt wrote: kind of out of nowhere question, but do you guys miss dile as much as I do?

Dile was is an awesome artist, and it's a loss to the forum that he doesn't post here anymore. I never interacted with him on a personal level, though, unfortunately.


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
tmkunt
tmkunt
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 07:30 PM Reply

At 12/15/08 06:45 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 12/15/08 04:18 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Anyone else going to vote on the Art Forum Awards (I'm looking at you ReNaeNae)?
...sorry, the what now?
lol :P
it's too hard to chooooose!!! waahhhaaaaaaa! :'(

if it makes it any easier you can just choose me as your choice in every category.

Erasmus
Erasmus
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 12/15/08 06:48 PM, tmkunt wrote: kind of out of nowhere question, but do you guys miss dile as much as I do?

I joined just soon after Dile and new nothing about him. Then Neolight told me of him and I am amazed by his stuff. I miss him and didn't know him :(


Formerly PieLover61

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 12/15/08 06:48 PM, tmkunt wrote: kind of out of nowhere question, but do you guys miss dile as much as I do?

The very mention of his name makes me weep.


BBS Signature
VannillaBear
VannillaBear
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 04:21 PM Reply

My scanners sucks so iv been thinking about getting a Wacom Graphics Tablet but im not sure how good they are, does anybody have one or have some advice about them?

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 12/16/08 04:21 PM, VannillaBear wrote: My scanners sucks so iv been thinking about getting a Wacom Graphics Tablet but im not sure how good they are, does anybody have one or have some advice about them?

From what I've heard/been told/read/learned/experienced Wacom makes the best tablet peripherals. I have a (now ancient and no longer produced in it's current form) Wacom Graphire 3 and it still works great, but have upgraded to a Wacom Penabled Tablet PC. If you like to do computer art, but don't like the feel of using a mouse for it, definately get a tablet, and if you do, I would reccomend getting a Wacom.

The Official Tablet Thread has some info. Remember; bigger isn't always better, if you can try some out before buying do that to get a feel for it, see if you like using it and try out some different sizes. Good luck!


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge Dec. 20th, 2008 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 12/20/08 04:44 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
At 12/16/08 04:46 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: The Official Tablet Thread
Oh gee. I do a quick CTRL + F on that thread and find what I'm looking for.
Apart from the CRAZY prices.

Oh well.

Ebay occasionally has some decent tablet deals. Occasionally.


Word to your mother

BBS Signature