00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rkdwjidwejrisk just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,280 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 04:37:33

At 7/22/10 12:58 AM, Sockembop wrote: Haha, thanks buddy. A quarter century already :O

A bop you magnificent scoundrel! Congrats on the quinvicennial man. Well done on stick out there and not dying!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 04:39:52

Happy one-year-closer-to-death-day, Sock!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 04:54:11

Happy birthday, Sock!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 04:57:39

Happy birthday Sock! :P

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 04:58:40

Newgrounds need better face icon things and need to be labelled properly.
How the icon I have used for this post Thinking?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 05:13:36

At 7/22/10 04:58 AM, CloudEater wrote: Newgrounds need better face icon things and need to be labelled properly.

Lol. Deviantart influenced.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 05:25:44

At 7/22/10 05:13 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 7/22/10 04:58 AM, CloudEater wrote: Newgrounds need better face icon things and need to be labelled properly.
Lol. Deviantart influenced.

DA has way too many icons yet it doesn't even come up with an icon when I type :angry: ... that's like one of the fundemental emotions! wtf

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 06:11:31

happy birthday socekmbop

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 07:50:04

Yay, it's an Art Forum birthday party!

Happy birthday Sockembop!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 08:05:58

I've got a super-unavoidable question.

If I bring Maple Syrup, do I get to help make the birthday party Cookies? And will there be any robot strippers?

Just asking.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 08:09:01

At 7/22/10 07:50 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Yay, it's an Art Forum birthday party!

What, no streamers? NO CAKE?!? lol thanks all

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 08:10:26

At 7/22/10 08:09 AM, Sockembop wrote:
At 7/22/10 07:50 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Yay, it's an Art Forum birthday party!
What, no streamers? NO CAKE?!? lol thanks all

I'll fuck you up the ass and be kind enough to give you a reach around, will that work?

Happy b-day Sock

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 09:43:41

At 7/22/10 08:10 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I'll fuck you up the ass and be kind enough to give you a reach around, will that work?
Happy b-day Sock

That'll be pretty close to streamers... And pretty close to cake too. At least the icing part... Works for me i suppose.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 11:32:18

Can't believe I almost missed it...
Happy birthday Sockembop.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 14:42:00

At 7/22/10 11:32 AM, Zanroth wrote: Can't believe I almost missed it...
Happy birthday Sockembop.

Happy Birthday, embop!! :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 15:21:27

Happy birthday, Mr. Sock.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 17:31:02

I wasen't sure where to post this and if I spelled wasen't right but can someone maybe give some feedback on this drawing, I'm posting this here because I didn't think I should post a whole new thread for one pic but here it is.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 19:51:11

Happy B-Day Sock!

At 7/22/10 05:31 PM, Fireball543 wrote: I wasen't sure where to post this and if I spelled wasen't right but can someone maybe give some feedback on this drawing, I'm posting this here because I didn't think I should post a whole new thread for one pic but here it is.

This is the right place to post it. I doubt you'll get much feedback though.

Obviously you intend it to be a simplification. Why are you doing this? To make a flash? If so, then post a bunch of figures rendered in this style in various poses and emotional states. So we can get a feel for the style. If it's a composition on it's own. It's pretty weak. Honestly take a step back from your own work, and ask yourself 'if this wasn't mine, would I like it?' At least show the whole figure, there's not much for me to critique.

Which brings me to why you won't get too much feedback. We want to see that you've thought about it more than we (as potential crtiquers) are going to have to. If I spent 10 minutes critiquing it and you only spent 10 minutes making it how do I know my input will even help you? Before you post anything else do me a favor and work on it for at least 5 hours.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 19:54:39

Speaking of B-days, mine just passed. It was cool. I got Killzone 2 and God of War 3. I've been kinda out of newgrounds lately, if anybody has ever been in the marching band, you may know that it fills up a lot of time.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 20:59:53

At 7/22/10 07:51 PM, Occluded wrote: This is the right place to post it. I doubt you'll get much feedback though.

Actually, it's not the right place. It would be fine to make your own thread for getting feedback (on that and all of you other work). Or you could post in the critiquing thread or hyptosis' thread.

...and it's 'wasn't' (was not <--- no 'e') :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 21:13:16

At 7/22/10 08:59 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: you could post in the critiquing thread or hyptosis' thread.

If you want real hard hitting, earth shattering critiques I recommend Hyptosis' thread.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 23:33:46

Does anyone have any tips on drawing swords? Or any flat surfaces of metal? I'm having some trouble with a work of mine and I was wondering if anyone was able to help.

Thanks in advance.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-22 23:41:06

At 7/22/10 09:49 PM, Ninjar wrote: Happy Birthday again Sock! Remember, you're more fun than a pillow fight! :P

Except, of course, if it involves multiple women...

I heartily agree with and endorse these statements. Also, thanks for the birthday wishes friend!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-23 00:22:37

Just got back from watching Cyrus. Interesting film. It's more independent in style, although it does have some well known actors in it. It's an interesting flick and it's more of a serious film, but it does still contain funny elements. Probably not everyone's fare though.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-23 01:08:39

At 7/22/10 11:33 PM, Tommy-Gun wrote: Does anyone have any tips on drawing swords? Or any flat surfaces of metal? I'm having some trouble with a work of mine and I was wondering if anyone was able to help.

Metal, particularly shiny pieces, really are only visible by whats around them. Drawing one straight up will look boring, because there is nothing for it to reflect or be affected by. My suggestion is find something similar in texture and physicality to the type of metal you are drawing and notice how it acts. Generally metal and sharp things have very high contrasts, and quickly change from extreme lights into extreme darks. Duller pieces though will have a more gradual change, but it will still be drastic due to the fact that it is near mirroring an object that is near it. Grey seems like the defualt color to use, but really its more of a darkened slightly grey tinted version of whatever hue it is reflecting. The more reflective the metal, the less the tint.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-23 03:47:39

At 7/22/10 07:54 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Speaking of B-days, mine just passed. It was cool. I got Killzone 2 and God of War 3. I've been kinda out of newgrounds lately, if anybody has ever been in the marching band, you may know that it fills up a lot of time.

What do you play gMan?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-23 06:57:57

I've decided to leave the art forum for 2.45 weeks to join the Politics forum and if I like it there I might just stay there forever... I've always been a bit more interested in politics than drawing and painting, infact art is incredibly boring compared to the ups and downs and orgasmic discussion that occurs during a good debate. I'll still be on stickam lol but after monday I'm gonna go into the NG Politics room instead of the NG Art one so yea. I'll really miss you guys but I really think the Politics forum will get me much further in life and bring happiness to my soul.

~CloudEater

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-23 07:01:44

At 7/23/10 06:57 AM, CloudEater wrote: I've decided to leave the art forum for 2.45 weeks to join the Politics forum and if I like it there I might just stay there forever...

Well to be frank, were glad to be rid of you.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-23 07:33:24

At 7/23/10 07:01 AM, J-qb wrote: Well to be frank, were glad to be rid of you.

Stop being a cunt for once in your life.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-07-23 07:55:35

I've decided to leave the art forum for to join the art forum and if I like it there I might just stay there forever... I've always been a bit more interested in art than drawing and painting, infact art is incredibly boring compared to the ups and downs and orgasmic discussion that occurs during a good arting. I'll still be on stickam lol but after monday I'm gonna go into the NG Art room instead of the NG Art one so yea. I'll really miss you guys but I really think the art forum will get me much further in life and bring happiness to my soul.
big-jonny-13

Wait, what?