00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

out-of-pocket just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

961,118 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-20 04:56:14

At 7/19/11 11:16 PM, Knocturne wrote: My own fanboyism and morale in regards to Newgrounds and this forum has just went down a few notches from reading that. I forgot how little they think of us.

I'm pretty sure that opinions expressed by liljim back then don't really reflect the general opinion. During the robot day broadcast tom and mindchamber were actually applauding how the art community always cranks out so much stuff for ng-days.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-20 14:03:37

Yeah, I was there.

I was talking about the people who replied in the thread.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-20 14:57:41

At 7/20/11 02:03 PM, Knocturne wrote: Yeah, I was there.

I was talking about the people who replied in the thread.

I'm ashamed of my posts in that. I really hated the way Liljim was acting, so I got upset.

Though I did apologize.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-20 16:47:08

In other news I'm taking life drawin so maybe I will stop sucking!

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-20 20:31:45

lol this is pretty cool. somewhat nsfw though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI7uaVSLw IU&feature=player_embedded

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-20 23:03:37

At 7/20/11 08:31 PM, Sockembop wrote: lol this is pretty cool. somewhat nsfw though.

Oh man Socky, that's sooooo old. There's like 3 of them out now :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 02:58:00

At 7/20/11 04:56 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 7/19/11 11:16 PM, Knocturne wrote: My own fanboyism and morale in regards to Newgrounds and this forum has just went down a few notches from reading that. I forgot how little they think of us.
I'm pretty sure that opinions expressed by liljim back then don't really reflect the general opinion. During the robot day broadcast tom and mindchamber were actually applauding how the art community always cranks out so much stuff for ng-days.

All I know is that animation is an art form, and so are videogames and music! So no matter how low we are thought of, we are the core, we are art. :)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 09:29:50

A Humble Request

... could someone edit the Art Portal section of the Newgrounds Wikipedia page? It's fooking crap, especially compared to the audio and flash sections.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 09:49:56

At 7/22/11 09:29 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: A Humble Request

... could someone edit the Art Portal section of the Newgrounds Wikipedia page? It's fooking crap, especially compared to the audio and flash sections.

Thats.... almost worth making an account for... Maybe my writer buddy has one and would be willing to contribute.

Although your right, Art Portal description does suck balls.

Also, Should we get that part about the "Attack" removed? I mean, isn't remembering it feeding the trolls who instigated it?

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 10:06:46

I don't know, I think it's a great summary; brief, concise, and gives a general gist of the system. Not to mention that compared to the Audio and Flash Portals, there's really just not nearly as much to say about it. Hell, it's not even finished yet, not fully (just referring to minor aspects of the reviewing system which are looking not so polished).

It's looking fine. Unless I've just happened top come onto to it (all over its face and tits) after somebody has already edited it to the fine example of a concise description that it is.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 10:22:43

At 7/22/11 10:06 AM, Lintire wrote:

I don't know, I think it's a great summary; brief, concise, and gives a general gist of the system. Not to mention that compared to the Audio and Flash Portals, there's really just not nearly as much to say about it. Hell, it's not even finished yet, not fully (just referring to minor aspects of the reviewing system which are looking not so polished).

It's looking fine. Unless I've just happened top come onto to it (all over its face and tits) after somebody has already edited it to the fine example of a concise description that it is.

Meh, I think it is kind of lacking. Over all it doesn't really explain or detail much of anything.
It doesn't outline any of the basic rules, Art categories, extension types or awards.
All in all its kind of lack luster, especially when compared to the other portal descriptions. It could use a link to the Actual Newgrounds art submission FAQ as well as a link to Orn's scouting guide.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 10:54:42

At 7/22/11 10:22 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Meh, I think it is kind of lacking. Over all it doesn't really explain or detail much of anything.
It doesn't outline any of the basic rules, Art categories, extension types or awards.
All in all its kind of lack luster, especially when compared to the other portal descriptions. It could use a link to the Actual Newgrounds art submission FAQ as well as a link to Orn's scouting guide.

Fine, go do that. I still think that it's a dapper description that tells you absolutely nothing about the Portal itself, but then again it never needed to who because who in their right mind goes to Wikipedia for information on web-related content. Ever.

If anything, I think that the other descriptions are far too long. Going from experience, I only want Wikipedia to inform me that there happens to be a Portal there, of any sort. With the amount of features that Newgrounds has, providing a description the size of the Audio or Flash Portal's for most of its features would turn the entire article into a blithering, if very much informative, mess.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 11:06:12

At 7/22/11 10:54 AM, Lintire wrote: If anything, I think that the other descriptions are far too long. Going from experience, I only want Wikipedia to inform me that there happens to be a Portal there, of any sort. With the amount of features that Newgrounds has, providing a description the size of the Audio or Flash Portal's for most of its features would turn the entire article into a blithering, if very much informative, mess.

Doesn't have to go far that far, but it's still cock.
The hacking episode should be deleted, at the very least.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 14:11:07

At 7/22/11 11:06 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 7/22/11 10:54 AM, Lintire wrote: If anything, I think that the other descriptions are far too long. Going from experience, I only want Wikipedia to inform me that there happens to be a Portal there, of any sort. With the amount of features that Newgrounds has, providing a description the size of the Audio or Flash Portal's for most of its features would turn the entire article into a blithering, if very much informative, mess.
Doesn't have to go far that far, but it's still cock.
The hacking episode should be deleted, at the very least.

I got a template working. I'll get to it tonight. I'll have my writing buddy help me with all those fancy words and all :P

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 22:39:38

Reading the media section was delightfully amusing. It's amazing how people freak out over damn pixels xD torture game 2 is fun, and if you say it's wrong, and it's disgusting, you should stop lying to yourself.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-22 22:49:42

Happy Birthday Sockembop!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-23 01:38:16

At 7/22/11 10:49 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Happy Birthday Sockembop!

Yes

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 16:09:22

So one day, I said to myself, "I haven't played a good RPG in a while".

To solve this problem, I went to Gamestop and got an ancient copy of Tales of Symphonia while residing in my grandparents' home for a few weeks in California.

I get home, fire up the old Gamecube, and it turns out the 1st disc has an appalling scratch on it which causes the game to have a crippling error right after the introduction cutscene.

FUCK SHIT COCKDICK.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-24 23:54:28

At 7/24/11 04:09 PM, Felis wrote: FUCK SHIT COCKDICK.

CURSE YOU SCRATCHMARKS!!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 00:00:07

Oh, and speaking of games, I bought a new game last week, first one I've bought in ages.
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, sequel to the Japan-release only n64 game Sin and Punishment.
I had been debating buying a game, but games are so damn expensive, and the used games really aren't much cheaper.
This game caught my eye a little while ago, but I put off buying it. I was listed for $45 at EB Games, and $50 at Toys R Us. Now I happened to stop at Best Buy, and fucking awesome, it was listed for $20. I knew then and there that it was a omen to buy that game.
Bought it, and I'm definitely happy with it. It's like a pseudo-on rails shooter, and totally awesome. It's a bit hard to explain, but this review sums it up perfectly.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 01:54:38

Shoulda somehow find a way to my house Felis, I have so many good rpgs ;D

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 04:11:41

Unless you payed like 4 dollars for it, I'm assuming you took it back for a refund, Felis?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 10:34:53

At 7/25/11 04:11 AM, M-Vero wrote: Unless you payed like 4 dollars for it, I'm assuming you took it back for a refund, Felis?

I'm going to try and take it back for another copy. 25 bucks is pretty pricey for a broken game. Of course, I'm not sure if my local store has a copy of the game.

It's rather surprising, since most of the time the refinishing's able to take care of that kind of stuff. I suppose the scratch was just too deep when it was traded in.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 11:51:02

Hey there guys. Just a quick question for you all. Does anyone know of any artists/designers that are into creating masks or have done anything interesting involving masks? Anything at all would be a help. Cheers.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 12:08:38

At 7/25/11 11:51 AM, FuckingFlash wrote: Does anyone know of any artists/designers that are into creating masks or have done anything interesting involving masks? Anything at all would be a help. Cheers.

What kind of masks? Only person that comes to mind is Sucho
skeksis head
whiphid head
bith head

...if you meant some other type of mask, you'll have to be more specific.

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 12:12:53

At 7/25/11 11:51 AM, FuckingFlash wrote: Hey there guys. Just a quick question for you all. Does anyone know of any artists/designers that are into creating masks or have done anything interesting involving masks? Anything at all would be a help. Cheers.

You mean actual masks (like the ones you wear), or masks in photoshop?

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio

Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-25 13:53:10

At 7/25/11 12:08 PM, Nae wrote: ...if you meant some other type of mask, you'll have to be more specific.

Just any type of mask at all is fine. Those are great thanks!

At 7/25/11 12:12 PM, thies wrote: You mean actual masks (like the ones you wear), or masks in photoshop?

Ha yes I mean actual masks.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-26 12:04:52

I quite like this review, I might copy and paste it whenever I review anything at all.

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-26 14:36:59

The more times I read that comment, the less sense it makes ._.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-07-26 14:52:06

At 7/26/11 02:36 PM, Kumakun4 wrote: The more times I read that comment, the less sense it makes ._.

Oh thank GOD, I thought I was the only one.

BBS Signature