00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

962,457 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-17 17:47:57

At 1/17/10 05:45 PM, austinzombie wrote: /v/ /ic/ /co/

What is this I don't even

Haven't got around to venturing much, still a bit of a newfag

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-17 18:21:14

At 1/17/10 05:47 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote:
At 1/17/10 05:45 PM, austinzombie wrote: /v/ /ic/ /co/
What is this I don't even

Haven't got around to venturing much, still a bit of a newfag

doitfaggot just find a board with an interest similar to yours I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-17 18:34:36

At 1/17/10 06:27 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 1/17/10 04:25 PM, austinzombie wrote: If you can't take insults then you can't take criticism
The content of a message should be more important then the way it's conveyed
Yeah hope you don't mind if I happen to apply you're way of critiquing as something useful, Apparently some just get all whiny with the way it's applied when they have only been used to getting Nice comments.

I have sat threw 3 years of being constantly torn apart by professionals, Critiques don't even phase me any more. I just listen to the advice and try to fix it.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-17 19:13:40

At 1/17/10 06:34 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
I have sat threw 3 years of being constantly torn apart by professionals, Critiques don't even phase me any more. I just listen to the advice and try to fix it.

I can tell you it's no good constantly getting positive comments with 0% feedback in them. Sure, they make me happy, but they do not make me draw better. Luckily a few individuals every now and then point out errors, give suggestions & whatnot.

I appreciate that.

And being what I am, I am so used on being flamed by everything it doesn't really feel like anything anymore.

Still, I'd say that if you are going to give criticism, it should be done in a slightly more, hm, nicer way rather than throwing a barrage of insults, and THEN telling what is wrong. People listen to "happy helpers" much more than your regular art Ahole. I'm not saying you should go all rainbow and flowers, but, showing a little respect (even if it isn't earned) makes everyone feel better, without the cost of, well, anything.

And now, waiting for the flames to arise.

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-17 19:26:17

At 1/17/10 07:13 PM, Fatchaos wrote: Still, I'd say that if you are going to give criticism, it should be done in a slightly more, hm, nicer way rather than throwing a barrage of insults, and THEN telling what is wrong. People listen to "happy helpers" much more than your regular art Ahole. I'm not saying you should go all rainbow and flowers, but, showing a little respect (even if it isn't earned) makes everyone feel better, without the cost of, well, anything.

I'll agree that there is a certain tact to critiquing that many people lack. Ive seen people who can say nothing positive about a piece and cut it to pieces with unnecessarily mean comments, and others who are essentially saying the same thing to a piece, but do it in a more skillful way that lets the person know they fucked up without making them feel like shit.

Its one thing to straight up say someone sucks, its another to prove it to them without ever saying "you suck".

However im going to have to disagree with the part that "art Aholes" arent useful. It depends on the person. A random nobody being a douche will be ignored or attacked by the artist, however someone with a reputation and the proper skills and respect of the the artist will hit home very hard with that artist. I know personally that I had pieces critiqued negatively by a few people, but until it gets critiqued by the right one it doesnt mean a whole lot because i dont respect the knowledge and prestige of the others. If the negative feedback is coming from someone who I know doesnt hate everything they see, and knows what they are talking about im more inclined to listen to what they have to say.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-17 19:34:20

At 1/17/10 07:26 PM, ornery wrote:
However im going to have to disagree with the part that "art Aholes" arent useful. It depends on the person. A random nobody being a douche will be ignored or attacked by the artist, however someone with a reputation and the proper skills and respect of the the artist will hit home very hard with that artist. I know personally that I had pieces critiqued negatively by a few people, but until it gets critiqued by the right one it doesnt mean a whole lot because i dont respect the knowledge and prestige of the others. If the negative feedback is coming from someone who I know doesnt hate everything they see, and knows what they are talking about im more inclined to listen to what they have to say.

This is some serious gold right here.
I'm sure we all have at least one person in our lives who could give us a horribly harsh critique and we could walk away smiling and thoughts of how to improve our work.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-17 20:28:00

one of my animation tutors is like that. if he sees you've done something thats crap he will call you on it and doesn't sugar coat his words but because i know hes been doing this for years and seen what hes done you take it on board and use it as advice and work on the problem

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-18 04:37:56

At 1/17/10 07:34 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
This is some serious gold right here.
I'm sure we all have at least one person in our lives who could give us a horribly harsh critique and we could walk away smiling and thoughts of how to improve our work.

Agreed. I would have a few ^^
In fact, those very people encouraged me to use simple references for practicing anatomy & poses. A thing I really owe them for.

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-18 11:59:57

At 1/17/10 07:34 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: This is some serious gold right here.

Multiple, all of them work in the game industry.

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 15:05:39

Well...
Finally 22 years old....
I never actually expected to live this long, but hey I guess things have turned out ok so far.

I feel like I should have a mid life crisis or something

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 15:11:32

At 1/19/10 03:05 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Well...
Finally 22 years old....
I never actually expected to live this long, but hey I guess things have turned out ok so far.

My friend, you'll outlive us all.

Though that's mostly because I don't know where you live, so I can't quite dispose of you that easily as the rest.

Jedi wave.

You did not read that.

Congrats dude, have a ball ;)

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 15:13:25

At 1/19/10 03:05 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Well...
Finally 22 years old....

Woo 22, that's like almost 23

wait what

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 15:14:38

At 1/19/10 03:11 PM, RNNR wrote:
Jedi wave.
You did not read that.

Congrats dude, have a ball ;)

waves back

okie dokie Pretty Lady....

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 16:16:10

Yay, new sig compliments of the awesome J-QB

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 16:18:37

At 1/19/10 04:16 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yay, new sig compliments of the awesome J-QB

I need a new sig, old bandwagon is old

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 16:19:39

Bandwagon?
How old are we talking now?

Link please? :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 16:23:49

At 1/19/10 04:16 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yay, new sig compliments of the awesome J-QB

Sweet new sig.....
guess I better build a better one for myself now >.>...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 16:29:26

Yur velkom

At 1/19/10 04:18 PM, M-Vero wrote: I need a new sig, old bandwagon is old

Well it just so happens you are elligible for the 2009 art forum awards badge.... ; )

At 1/19/10 04:23 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Sweet new sig.....

Thanks

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 18:10:24

Happy Birthday, Kinsei01!! :D

...are people making sigs? I could use a new one :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 18:31:48

So Han's Faces of NG Collab is up. See if you can find me :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 19:57:40

:Sung to a totally generic, non-copyrighted tune

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Kinsei01...
Happy birthday to you!

At 1/19/10 06:31 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: So Han's Faces of NG Collab is up. See if you can find me :P

I'm not going to watch that again in order to find you, sorry.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-19 20:19:45

At 1/19/10 06:10 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Happy Birthday, Kinsei01!! :D

...are people making sigs? I could use a new one :D
At 1/19/10 07:57 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
Sung to a totally generic, non-copyrighted tune
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Kinsei01...
Happy birthday to you!

Thanks guys, you really do care! <3

cries a little
At 1/19/10 06:31 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: So Han's Faces of NG Collab is up. See if you can find me :P

lol
the opening reminds me of Saved By The Bell :P

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-20 02:48:25

I'm kind of bummed that he didn't put people's names under their picture so we could know who the hell we were looking at.

also lol at my picture being in there for like half a second.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-20 03:02:31

At 1/19/10 08:19 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 1/19/10 06:10 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...are people making sigs? I could use a new one :D

I'll make anyone a sig if they want! I should probably make myself one first though.

At 1/19/10 07:57 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Happy birthday to you!
Thanks guys, you really do care! <3
cries a little

Why did no one tell me!! I could have finished party I was drawing for J-qb and just changed the name!! Who's birthday is next? Are there any other big events we could celebrate?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-20 05:28:00

At 1/20/10 03:02 AM, CloudEater wrote: Why did no one tell me!! I could have finished party I was drawing for J-qb and just changed the name!! Who's birthday is next? Are there any other big events we could celebrate?

I already told you; thursday a week from now is my first art forum aniversary (seeing as how everyone blatantly neglected my birthday... )

cries
cuts wrists
meets the beautifull and awkwardly hot faerie that eases his minds and brings him back to life
Ah another beautifull day!

btw.... Ive got this mandatory english writing class today... s gonna be fun...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-20 05:57:49

At 1/20/10 05:28 AM, J-qb wrote: I already told you; thursday a week from now is my first art forum aniversary (seeing as how everyone blatantly neglected my birthday... )

When was your birthday then D:?

meets the beautifull and awkwardly hot faerie that eases his minds and brings him back to life
Ah another beautifull day!

Dude, you gotta lay off the drugs :p.

btw.... Ive got this mandatory english writing class today... s gonna be fun...

What are you writing?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-20 07:06:14

At 1/20/10 05:57 AM, RNNR wrote: What are you writing?

The aim of Language Skills I is:

1. to improve the students' ability to communicate in written English within the prescribed forms of their discipline
2. to introduce the students to the rules governing business correspondence
3. to improve students' ability to express themselves in grammatically correct forms.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-20 08:08:52

At 1/20/10 05:28 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/20/10 03:02 AM, CloudEater wrote: Why did no one tell me!! I could have finished party I was drawing for J-qb and just changed the name!! Who's birthday is next? Are there any other big events we could celebrate?
I already told you; thursday a week from now is my first art forum aniversary (seeing as how everyone blatantly neglected my birthday... )

I was looking for something a bit more important but I guess it'll have to do unless any one else tells me about something that's coming up. I didn't neglect your birthday! I just forgot to get you a present.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-20 08:49:00

At 1/20/10 02:48 AM, Captain-Ben wrote:
also lol at my picture being in there for like half a second.

Yeah man, high five :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-01-21 08:04:07

At 1/20/10 07:06 AM, J-qb wrote: The aim of Language Skills I is:

1. to improve the students' ability to communicate in written English within the prescribed forms of their discipline
2. to introduce the students to the rules governing business correspondence
3. to improve students' ability to express themselves in grammatically correct forms.

What exactly are you studying? Given the second point I'm going to assume something to do with economics and money-related-business-type-thingies...

Speaking of schoolstuff, I'll update my thread with the 'final' product.

BBS Signature