00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fable Guild

47,369 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-09 01:04:36

Has anyone ever used melee weapons other than a sword?? Because whenever I play, I use a katana until I have a legendary weapon, so I've always thought 'Why put the other weapons in??'

Your part in My life depends on Me. Therefore I am God. Deify Me!!!

My insanity keeps Me sane. I use My logic to do defy yours. Veni, vidi, vici...

Read My Crazy Shit

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-10 03:40:01

But why choose something that does less damage?? The damage, and the few dollars you'd save, is the only difference between them.

Read My Crazy Shit

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-10 18:07:35

i only use swords but thats because i prefer the look, and since fable is really quite easy you can use any weapon you like, axe mace whatever, and thats just one of the things that makes an RPG, choice.

even if the choice is inconsequential

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-11 03:35:41

I use the frying pan, so I'm contradicting Myself anyway...

Hopefully Fable 2 will have a better ending than the original. It was basically 'Congratulations, you killed the bad guy... Thanks... Bye!!!' (same ending as Morrowind).

What is the point of putting Archon's Battle Armour at the end of the game, after you needed it??
"What's this for, I've killed all the bad guys." 'It's so you can fight Death, you old prick".

I wanted My guy to keep aging. Somewhere there is a picture of My character as a baby.
(DORIAN GRAY REFERENCE)

It's obvious Twinblade and Thunder could reach higher strength levels than the Hero, they're shitloads taller.

Read My Crazy Shit

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-11 13:27:10

At 3/11/08 03:35 AM, Me-Mighty-Leper wrote: It's obvious Twinblade and Thunder could reach higher strength levels than the Hero, they're shitloads taller.

yeah but twinblade was definitely stronger, yet a told retard, notice him swinging two swords as large aas u were?

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-11 15:38:39

I can agree with you on that issue, I have the all the Legendary weapons, but I use the Longsword instead of the Katana because it looks massively cooler.

Current Status: Unbanned

Writer's Club, for all your literacy needs

Fourth Perspective, a wonderful site for your writing.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-11 19:37:31

i normally used the solus greatsword when i could afford to buy it, then again thats not in TLC i dunno what i use mostly in TLC

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-11 20:42:55

At 3/11/08 07:37 PM, Siblau wrote: i normally used the solus greatsword when i could afford to buy it,

Yeah, that's what I use mostly on my Good character. Even though I wanted the Sword of Aeons so bad, I just couldn't bring myself to slay Theresa in the end. The Harbinger - a little weaker sword than the Solus - was still really great, as well - and very quick, too. I guess maxing out all my Strength attributes were worth it, seeing that's the only way to get it in the first place.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-12 12:24:54

i tried doing a full magic, very little in anything else character, that was a bitch to do, just spam the huge circle of doom magic that you get in TLC is the ooonly way really. which sorta sucks :(

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-12 20:39:13

At 3/11/08 03:35 AM, Me-Mighty-Leper wrote: Hopefully Fable 2 will have a better ending than the original. It was basically 'Congratulations, you killed the bad guy... Thanks... Bye!!!' (same ending as Morrowind).

I know exactly what you mean. It just says what your choice with the sword was, and, depending on your alignment throughout the game, tells the fate of Albion.

Definately a weak and disappointing ending (but not near as disappointed as Knights of the Old Republic II, but more on that at another time), so I really hope Fable 2's endings - assuming it has multiple endings like the original had - will be much, much better, and more interesting. Seriously, before the credits roll for Fable 2, I really do not want to watch 15 seconds of a painting of my Hero...

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-15 19:25:57

Too lazy to look through past posts, too lazy to google.
When does the game actually come out?
It looks mega sick, I really must have it.
:O

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-15 19:35:38

ALSO SEX. :3

Fable Guild

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-16 13:28:00

have fun with her....get super fat person AIDS, ill be over here ---------->

also we dont know when it comes out.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-16 18:55:10

At 3/15/08 07:25 PM, kylexthexpostman wrote: When does the game actually come out?

At GameStop today, I checked out their release catalog. Apparently, Fable 2 is due for release on October 1st!

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-16 21:26:41

At 3/16/08 06:55 PM, TwilightFox wrote:
At 3/15/08 07:25 PM, kylexthexpostman wrote: When does the game actually come out?
At GameStop today, I checked out their release catalog. Apparently, Fable 2 is due for release on October 1st!

COOL!

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-17 04:00:45

Lady Grey has passed away.

On Saturday, the 15th of March, 2008, there was a brawl in Bowerstone North, involving the Legendary Hero Sabre (husband of the late mayor) and many of the towns guards. It started when Sabre accidentally punched Lady Grey, who got up and screamed. The guards, thinking the Lady was under attack, immediately drew their weapons and attacked. Sabre, using his fists, then preceeded to punch everyone in his path, including the unfortunate Lady Grey.

Amongst all this carnage, no-one thought to remove Lady Grey from he fray, and she was shot through the head by a guard aiming for the rampaging Hero. Sabre states he was trying to get her to divorce him anyway, so he could rat her out and become Mayor. The Hero is not sorry, and after a few minutes in Bowerstone South, was acquitted of all charges (2x Assualt). The guard who fired the bolt is not sorry either, and later was seen drunk with Sabre.

This happened. I laughed My ass off. Has anyone seen the Fable 2 map??

Read My Crazy Shit

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-17 17:40:13

got to love the old sit a region or 2 away for 5minutes then murder is forgiven.

And no the map hasnt been released although they did say bowerstone was 4-5 times the size in fable2 compared to fable1. also the october 1st release date is not official

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-17 20:05:41

At 3/16/08 09:26 PM, Hellian00 wrote: COOL!

Yeah, I know! I'm exited for it, too. It sucks that it'll be several months until October, though, but at least it'll get here way before the holiday season.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-17 20:07:49

At 3/17/08 08:05 PM, TwilightFox wrote:
At 3/16/08 09:26 PM, Hellian00 wrote: COOL!
Yeah, I know! I'm exited for it, too. It sucks that it'll be several months until October, though, but at least it'll get here way before the holiday season.

Yeah... My birthday is 10/25...

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-20 17:30:36

it would be such a burn if it came out like 2 days after :P

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-22 16:23:18

Fable 2 sounds like GTA now.

A mercenary for hire, completing missions for money and respect, using guns and whatever else he can find, meeting interesting characters who come and go (through death). He can also personalize his costume, get tattooes, gain and lose fat and muscle, and use basic expressions on NPCs.
And if it had horses, you could use them to play songs from your Xbox, and visit the Pay N' Spray to lose the guards, or insert a bomb.

I like the co-op idea they've added.

Read My Crazy Shit

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-22 17:08:35

I'm really just excited about guns. pewpewpew

Also, today for giggles I decided to start a mage and pick spells I've never used before. One of which was "Enflame".

Wow, and I thought the game was easy before. <_<

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-22 19:10:27

At 3/22/08 04:23 PM, Me-Mighty-Leper wrote: Fable 2 sounds like GTA now.

A mercenary for hire, completing missions for money and respect, using guns and whatever else he can find, meeting interesting characters who come and go (through death). He can also personalize his costume, get tattooes, gain and lose fat and muscle, and use basic expressions on NPCs.
And if it had horses, you could use them to play songs from your Xbox, and visit the Pay N' Spray to lose the guards, or insert a bomb.

I like the co-op idea they've added.

erm half of those things were in fable1 and what games DOESNT have you completing missions using guns/whatever else you can get.
Alot of games dont have interesting characters (oddly enough i hated GTA characters) so that can hardly be a mark down?

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-23 12:59:59

At 3/22/08 05:08 PM, SapphireLight wrote: I'm really just excited about guns. pewpewpew

Also, today for giggles I decided to start a mage and pick spells I've never used before. One of which was "Enflame".

Wow, and I thought the game was easy before. <_<

Enflame is one of the best spells there is. Especially when you get it to max. You won't get hit while using it and it attacks almost everything; land and air. It's a great spell to use to get your CM high.

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-23 16:52:42

Seriously. It's laughably broken. I just did the entire Arena with a combat multiplyer of like, fifty-something. XD

BBS Signature

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-23 17:17:45

At 3/23/08 12:59 PM, Phantox wrote:
Enflame is one of the best spells there is. Especially when you get it to max. You won't get hit while using it and it attacks almost everything; land and air. It's a great spell to use to get your CM high.

Enflame, and Fireball. Fireball (at max) is my fav spell. It's just so powerful, and has range.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-23 20:52:36

At 3/23/08 05:17 PM, Hellian00 wrote: Enflame, and Fireball. Fireball (at max) is my fav spell. It's just so powerful, and has range.

I quite liked Force Push and Ghost Sword. Enflame (especially at max level) is badass, too.

In other news, I finally got all of the Legendary Weapons!

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-23 21:17:11

^Sweet.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-23 22:02:52

Well here it goes...

1)Username:Eltic
2)Version:TLC
3)System:Pc
4)Favorite Alignment:Holy
5)Favorite Ability:All
6)Beaten Game?:Yeah

After I beaten the game I found a trainer, if you want it for Pc, Pm me.

Response to Fable Guild 2008-03-24 01:07:59

Beserk is My favourite spell. He becomes massive, and unstoppable, and looks cool doing it.

Read My Crazy Shit

BBS Signature