00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who uses Garageband here at NG?

17,722 Views | 335 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-13 21:38:18

I never said you didn't have a mac. But, no, I am not sending the links because of how you have treated me. You would probably start an argument again over how they suck ass or something.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-13 21:39:57

I only use Garage Band to record things because it's on my brother's laptop and therefore it can record down in my basement where my keyboard and all the guitars are. If I could move my keyboard into my room then I would just use Sony Acid Music Studio to record everything.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-13 22:19:55

No. If I saw an AU out of you, I'd consider taking you seriously. I'm an ass to you because you submitted a stolen song and I've also noted that you've submitted several songs to the AP that are based entirely out of loops. A lot of your tracks use primarily preset instruments, and you're full of crap. You should be banned for abusing the system, lying and spamming (I count the flood of users nominating you in the under dog thread as your doing, and denying that only goes to prove that your so fucking full of it.)

Fact is, if you could provide an AU, that would perhaps salvage the miniscule amount of credibility you actually have here on newgrounds, but until you do that, I am now considering you to be a lair, a thief, and a complete fucking idiot.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 09:08:47

What?! If you mean (::Run With Me::) Then you are an idiot. I EXTREMLY added on to that, and I have said this many before.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 14:04:18

At 1/13/08 10:19 PM, Quarl wrote: No. If I saw an AU out of you, I'd consider taking you seriously. I'm an ass to you because you submitted a stolen song and I've also noted that you've submitted several songs to the AP that are based entirely out of loops. A lot of your tracks use primarily preset instruments, and you're full of crap. You should be banned for abusing the system, lying and spamming (I count the flood of users nominating you in the under dog thread as your doing, and denying that only goes to prove that your so fucking full of it.)

Fact is, if you could provide an AU, that would perhaps salvage the miniscule amount of credibility you actually have here on newgrounds, but until you do that, I am now considering you to be a lair, a thief, and a complete fucking idiot.

1St of all, I see you fail to provide any example what so ever that I am a lyer, spamm, and a complete fucking idiot. You are simply making random comments about me because obviously, you hate Garageband. You think it is for noobs, like me. I am a noob at making music, but i am starting to get many fans. For your information, I work at least 2 days on every single song I make. I do not use loops any more and play most of the loops THAT I MAKE on the keyboard. Yes, I used loops before, because I was experimenting with creating songs.

*I have to go, I will discuss this retarded conversation later*

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 17:16:09

Ok then.

2nd of all, why do you even care? Are you mad because a lot of people like my music when you think I don't deserve it? Look, you may think that my music is "cheap" and SOMEHOW "stolen" But the fact remains that it isn't. My earlier songs did have loops in them, but that doesn't make them "cheap" I went to my Childrens hospital to do some volunteer work the other day, and I noticed some guy using Garageband. It was break, so I walked up and had a look at what he was doing. Aparently, he was making a song WITH loops, that somebody payed him 3000$ to do. It sounded pretty cool too. SO, many people don't have that musical talent to apply music together. That is always the first step to creating music, and that was what I was trying to do. People thought it sounded well put together, so I continued working. Now, I have about 30 songs without loops, that have scores over 3.90. I am very sorry for pissing you off, because I realize you are much more experienced in music that I am. Well hey, sorry for being new at this. I mean seriosuly, I am just going through the normal process of becoming good at making music. I am about to get off Garageband entirely, and go to using Logic Studio. I will make a good song with it, and then we can end this sensless argument.

So please read all that if you didn't. I just want you to know that I DO NOT steal music, and work very hard on making it.

Another reason that you might be mad at me is because I seem to have many people who like my music. Well, sure, it isn;t perfect or anywhere near going to the front page. But, my music is starting to pop up on the front page of Ambient. The reason that so many people like my music, is because I have asked many audio artists how to get regonized like SBB. He told me to write reviews on other peoples music, and ask them to review mine. Worked fantastic, started getting 4 favs every day.

Well, I really don't want to argue about this anymore, and if we do, don't be such an asshole PLEASE. It is very annoying, and your abusing the thread system.

Yet again, please read all of that.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 17:28:07

And here are the stuff you wanted that I have. The only reason I am giving links for them is because I want to freaking proove that I work hard on making music.
SFX Machine Pro
Sonic Mood I am about to use this baby for a very relaxing song along with my own choords.
Note Gate 2 Very good for timing and rythem.
Noise Gate Use this to get rid of noise or fuzzyness in the background. Very usefull.
True Piano This makes a remarkable piano sound, used it for a song, but I haven't been able to find a MIDI Keyboard to play it on! =( (Just a Demo BTW)
Octave Shifter
Transformer
Space Oscillator
Amazing Maze Can't figure this one out...
Respatializer

Ok those are all the ones I downloaded a while back for my Mac and used them in Garageband in some of my songs.

I don't trust any other site than apple.com.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 17:29:45

At 1/14/08 05:16 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Another reason that you might be mad at me is because I seem to have many people who like my music. Well, sure, it isn;t perfect or anywhere near going to the front page. But, my music is starting to pop up on the front page of Ambient. The reason that so many people like my music, is because I have asked many audio artists how to get regonized like SBB. He told me to write reviews on other peoples music, and ask them to review mine. Worked fantastic, started getting 4 favs every day.

One major difference between your music and SBBs - SBB makes all of his ambiance in Logic or Reason. You use Garageband, where you don't even have enough control of the synths to make real pads.

Want to see a GOOD GarageBand user, who actually uses it to its capabilities? Trogdar. He used to use GarageBand, but now he uses Logic. His songs actually show hard work, and skill. I've never heard a preset in his songs, and he composes all of the melodies himself. He is actually a musician, because he uses GarageBand for its intended purpose: Music, not preset ambiance.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 18:38:03

Garage band is the best! Especially 'cause it came with my mac mini...

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 18:45:29

Ableton Live is my favorite.

That program makes me ejaculate over myself.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 18:48:12

Garageband is uncreative, but it's easier to use when you ARE uncreaive
</thread>

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 20:37:09

No sir! If you are creative, you can create ALL KINDS OF SONGS.

<no / thread>

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-14 20:55:54

At 1/14/08 05:28 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Ok those are all the ones I downloaded a while back for my Mac and used them in Garageband in some of my songs.

Looking at the list of AUs, Transformer seems to be the only useful one. None even have the basic functionality of FL's classic 3xOsc. Its 3 Oscillators. No special effects shit, just 3 oscillators and some waveforms. It's still miles more advanced than GarageBand, though. It's as if they'd rather just sample than actually use DSP. Oh wait, they don't even use Digital Sound Processing very much, and none of the hard stuff either. Just the simple equations required for reverb, etc.

I don't trust any other site than apple.com.

Then you're a retard. KVRAudio is the safest and best site around for finding free, useful VSTs, DXs, AUs, RTASs, or whatever! Just do a search! It's all safe! I could probably find at least 10 people who have gotten stuff off of there safely. Use it.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 02:14:12

At 1/14/08 06:48 PM, loogiesquared wrote: Garageband is uncreative

dude you use friggin magix lol

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 02:43:19

At 1/14/08 09:08 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: What?! If you mean (::Run With Me::) Then you are an idiot. I EXTREMLY added on to that, and I have said this many before.

Ok then, lets let the regulars in this thread decide whether or not your a thief...

Here is Cat walk as used in this popular video by youtube celebrities Smosh (skip to the one minute mark.)

Popular smosh video

Heres "your" version...

Lazy Rip off track as made by fatty.

No doubt, you took one or two samples and threw them on there, then you took a really good preset synth and slammed on a few melodies in there (each note held for 8/4 because your fucking lazy) but still, when you submit music to newgrounds your making the claim that it's your own work. This track is mostly not your own. Therefore, your stealing. I even know all the samples you used, such as the radio stagers.

Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. The only idiot here is you fattie. Also, those synth pics you used had to of come out of logic. I can't find any good AU's for garage band that include those options.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 02:46:50

Also, I notified Rucklo of this track a while back. You run the potential of a ban, if you want any say in that, I'd send him a pm.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 02:53:04

At 1/15/08 02:43 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 1/14/08 09:08 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: What?! If you mean (::Run With Me::) Then you are an idiot. I EXTREMLY added on to that, and I have said this many before.
Ok then, lets let the regulars in this thread decide whether or not your a thief...

He's a thief, all right.
Also, Fatboy...there's a difference between "marketing" and "whoring". Guess which one you were doing.

This thread has gone to hell.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 02:55:26

At 1/15/08 02:53 AM, Rig wrote: Also, Fatboy...there's a difference between "marketing" and "whoring". Guess which one you were doing.

Whoops, I thought this was the Underdog List thread for a moment. Anyways, my answer still stands.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 03:29:55

Garageband was made not to be used as a mainstream, professional editing system. Garageband was made by Apple to get you hooked young, same with the other free Apple programs. Get it cheap and free early and pay hundreds/thousands for more later.

It's all about the fucking mind games.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 04:31:40

At 1/15/08 03:29 AM, Trinin wrote: Garageband was made not to be used as a mainstream, professional editing system.

Actually, Garageband IS meant to be mainstream (I find myself constantly hearing those Apple Loops included in Garageband all over the place in TV and Radio etc.), but you're totally right about it not being professional. There is nothing professional whatsoever about Garageband, it's meant for the mainstream public who wants to try their hand at making music in an easy environment.

Your best bet if you're on a Mac is to use Logic. In my experience, the program kicks ass. I started making music on Garageband in the beginning - it's a good learning tool for beginners, but after a while you need to move on to something more powerful to expand your creative visions! There are other DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) available such as FruityLoops Studio, Reason, etc, but the TOP 4 DAWs which are considered the very best are ProTools, Cubase, Sonar, and Logic.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 06:11:19

Don't give FatKid any funny ideas - we might not WANT him expressing himself through more advanced programs. I mean, after all, he could just make a song with painful high frequencies to hurt our ears when we go and listen to it.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 11:18:35

What I don't understand is why everybody id\s being a frekaing bitch to me when I have not done anything wrong.

I have made music for NG and only for NG. For the members. So why get mad at me for trying to just help entertain with music?

I would delete the (::Run With Me::) Song because some hate it, but it is already featured in 2 games. When it is featured in two games I cazn not delete.

I am sorry if you are mad at me, but why the hell? All I do is try in my music, and for some reason people get the wrong idea of what I am trying to do...

But, I am about to show a lot of effort in my music besides what I already show. If you would have listened to all my songs, you would of realized that a lot of them have worked really hard on them. Some have loops because I was experimenting with different types of music.

I Use Garageband to experiment and have ideas, I now have a basic idea of what I need to do. I havew been raising money to buy Logic Studio for 400$, and already have 300$ Once I get the money, I will buy the program, and try to create some even cooler music.

BUt please, get the heck off my back for what ever you think I have done because either way, I am quiting Garageband.

Sorry for making music for yall Jesus.

Oh, and I would NEVER resort to making a loud screeching noise as a song, that would be immature and spamish.

Most of the comments those of you who don't like mne have been without any evidence, like you suck, or you stole that song, you put forth no effort in your songs, e.t.c. I put TONS of effort into my song. TONS!!! I work really hard on it, and have 3 CD's out right now.

If you didn't read all that, please do so that we can end this retarded argument over me, which I still don't understand and am beginning to think those who are against me arte getting the wrong ideas.

And even some are voting 0's on all my songs for SOME apparent reason. They must think I just steal everything, but the fact remains that I DO NOT.

I use pre-set instruments, but that is like saying you stole that song because you were playing a guitar that somebody already tuned and made for you.

I rarely use loops anymore, so you won't have to be like, "WTF YOU USED LOOPS!!1 YOU STOLE THAT SONG!"

Now, for further discussion about me, please just contact me so this thread won't turn to Shit.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 11:21:12

Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. The only idiot here is you fattie. Also, those synth pics you used had to of come out of logic. I can't find any good AU's for garage band that include those options.

No, they came out of Garageband, I think your memory doesn't work past three posts. I am don't have Logic, I am about to get it. Oh and really nice combat there by using my username.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 14:07:38

At 1/15/08 11:21 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:

No, they came out of Garageband, I think your memory doesn't work past three posts. I am don't have Logic, I am about to get it. Oh and really nice combat there by using my username.

hey no problem fatty. That's what user names are for! Also, I hate how you disregard negative comments to save your own skin even when it's so damn obvious that your constantly full of crap. Also, how can you make a statement that I have no memory about previous posts when the post your referring to is a comment about a previous post? You're so fucking stupid.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 16:31:44

Here is Cat walk as used in this popular video by youtube celebrities Smosh (skip to the one minute mark.)

Popular smosh video

Heres "your" version...

Lazy Rip off track as made by fatty.

No doubt, you took one or two samples and threw them on there, then you took a really good preset synth and slammed on a few melodies in there (each note held for 8/4 because your fucking lazy) but still, when you submit music to newgrounds your making the claim that it's your own work. This track is mostly not your own. Therefore, your stealing. I even know all the samples you used, such as the radio stagers.

well first off where do you think the smosh people got it in the first place? and also the song was modifies making it different much like many remixes on the website. you also overreact!! what the heck do you mean it was stolen so get off the kids back along with all you other guys who are doing the same thing and even if you don't like the song who cares?! you didn't make it if the staff of newgrounds actually found it obfensive they would have gotten rid of it by now!! also even though those smosh guys were funny they still just borowed the song so are you gonna blame them for stealing too? NO wanna know why ? cause you like how he used it!!
so lay off of FatkidwitaJetPack and keep your opinions to yourself!!

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 16:33:26

you too Quarl
got nothing nice to say keep it to yourself and leave him alone

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 17:00:41

And Quarl, don't you even READ? If you would read my previous post that is before the last one you quoted, then you would realize that I am not full of crap. What does that even MEAN anyway? Seriosuly, I'm trying to save my own skin yeah, but you are to by still responding with the same damn thing over and over again! Your not providing any evidence, saying I am full of crap and stupid!

Your probably going to say some immature thing responding to this like, "Oh I see you have your mommy backing you up on this one, does she give you cupcakes too fatty?"

But please, stick to the topic of this thread, because I am really getting pissed at your attitude towards me. I have already provided enough evidence for you to shutup, and grow up.

AS MY NEXT TOPIC

Garageband is very good for creating pod casts and recording. It is also really good in creating sound effects. That is why I have been doing voice acting recently with my new sitcom FattyMcpatty.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 19:06:15

I love how you act like we're idiots even when we present flaws with your music amicably. I'll bet ten bucks the majority of people here think my music is better than yours.

Garageband is a noobish program, and you don't make good music with it. You even place your songs in the wrong genre - do you even know what new age is?

I'll leave this thread at this: You made the thread and you defended GarageBand like a little bitch, so we have EVERY RIGHT to make fun of you, complain, whine, degrade your music, etc. and there is nothing you can do about it but prove us wrong with good music. You're not "entertaining" us with your little tirades and GarageBand preset synths. Make some quality sound with Logic or sit down.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 19:45:43

THat is not even close to why I created this thread, I created this thread to see everyones opinion on Garageband. And I am not fighting about that, I am just mad at Quarl. You need to read my earlier comments to get an idea of what I am arguing about.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-15 19:51:49

I wanted to leave this alone... but here's what I think of this subject. Garageband is a basic program for everyone to use that can use it. As far as basics go, I'll give you credit. But don't limit yourself to that one program exclusively. Use Garageband in conjunction with other programs like sonar, reason, acid, fl, etc. It will impress me even more knowing you're using a variety of programs to help make your songs grow ^^

Die...