00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who uses Garageband here at NG?

17,718 Views | 335 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-09 18:15:48

Once again, it can be used originally.

If you can't understand that, you should go elsewhere and rethink your life.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-09 18:19:01

At 12/9/07 06:15 PM, MJTTOMB wrote: Once again, it can be used originally.

If you can't understand that, you should go elsewhere and rethink your life.

I understand this, It's a lot like ACID just not as extreme.

I was just saying thats how alot of people use it and think that they're equally as skilled as people who spend hours creating samples and synths on their own, as well as their own original melodies. People who use it with only the loops, are like people who make remixes for 100% of their songs.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-09 20:57:46

Then you have no need to rethink your life. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-09 21:17:42

At 12/9/07 08:57 PM, MJTTOMB wrote: Then you have no need to rethink your life. :)

hehe glad we cleared that up. Thanks ^.^

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-09 21:48:37

Garage band simply pisses me off. I'm one of the few who use a program to create music in my school, and when people hear about the fact that I do, I'm sick of them running to garage band in our library and trying to "show me up." First of all, they're terrible with it, and second of all they think they're the shit for using the pre-recorded loops and thinking that they're awesome because what they "made" sounds good even though they didn't even make it. It's like taking a cow, painting it green and saying you've created a new animal. It's not your animal, you've just arranged it differently.

People can be stupid. *glances at half the internet*
So, what can you do?
Make awesome music to stop the idiots!
Or simply tape their mouths shut. That works too...

By the way, you're sigged!

There are a few middle eastern instruments which use one instrument;I believe most of them are fairly small. -MaestroRage

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-10 10:56:38

At 12/9/07 06:09 PM, Envy wrote: There isn't a BEST PROGRAM EVAR! And I'm SICK of people saying that. It depends on what YOU like. So if you're saying logic is the best then thats what YOU think, not the WORLD. Thats like someone talking about a movie being the best movie ever, or that one song is better than the other. personal tastes run this world.

Garage band simply pisses me off. I'm one of the few who use a program to create music in my school, and when people hear about the fact that I do, I'm sick of them running to garage band in our library and trying to "show me up." First of all, they're terrible with it, and second of all they think they're the shit for using the pre-recorded loops and thinking that they're awesome because what they "made" sounds good even though they didn't even make it. It's like taking a cow, painting it green and saying you've created a new animal. It's not your animal, you've just arranged it differently.

You do realize that yout being a hipocrit don't you? You are saying that Garageband simply pisses you off, so you are saying that it is depending on what you think as well. And here is the thing, Garageband is not a noob program. It is for people who just put in pre-set loops. That is what the people at your school are doing. Why get mad at them? That is where I started off, and now I have 2 songs on the top af the ambient list.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-10 13:51:36

I used (until it got WAY too expensive) programs like Reaktor, if oyu download that and prove you can make a half decent "sounds" then your not just a sampling noob who uses other peoples samples in different order.
Heres a metaphor: It's like getting other peoples pictures and sticking the all together and calling it your own. Sure you put it all together but you'll NEVER be as good as anyone who does it themselves, since they can make your style without limits, you however have to wait for them to make something first.

bad grammar ftw but i dunt kare lolz

rename garageband to noteventechnicallya-band

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-10 16:46:34

Ok, here is the correct definition of an audio Noob-

One who uses pre-set loops and combines other artists music together and claim, "Hurray! I made a song by combinning already done music together!" No, it is not a remix either. A remix is a song that is majorly changed in its style of rythm or beat.

Here is the definition of a good audio portal guy.

One who plays his own music using synthisizers or at least changes the way a pre-set loop sounds. For example, in Garageband you may add a pre-set loop to your song if you wish, but you probably would need to put it in an instrument that makes it sound completly different. That is what I did to start off. Now, I play mostly everything ON THE SYNTHISIZER OR KEYBOARD. I am no where NEAR pro yet, but I am getting closer as I am learning how to actually make music of my own.

Hope this helps people.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-10 19:05:28

At 12/10/07 05:48 PM, Seven-Too-Five wrote: Garage Band is for noobs with no sense of creativity what so ever..

Just go to hell dude. I've never used a loop in my life.

I use GarageBand because I prefer the interface, and it has sufficient features for orchestral music.

Just... go to hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-11 05:18:14

At 12/10/07 05:48 PM, Seven-Too-Five wrote: Garage Band is for noobs with no sense of creativity what so ever..

You are a moron

Quit judging something before you've either tried it or know shit about it

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-11 06:41:34

At 12/11/07 05:18 AM, SBB wrote:
You are a moron

Quit judging something before you've either tried it or know shit about it

I love you sbb.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-11 15:31:20

This thread tickles me in places!!!

quarl BandCamp

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-12 22:44:37

Ok 1st of all, you didn't provide any back up evidence to make that pathetic quote true.

2nd, you judged a program from NOTHING but your instinct of who knows what immaturity.

3rd, why would you even consider saying that form all that has been posted in this thread as proof that Garageband is a good program to use?

4th Obviously you didn't even bother readin the other posts people made on this thread.

5th Garageband users have an unlimited amount of creativity because of the mass amount of updates, instruments, synths, drum tracks, Jam Packs, and different types of hardware it uses.

6th I am not even going to bother saying 6th.

7th Just look at how many people automatically responded to your post, which backs up my tpoic even further

8th I really doubt that anyone with a lack of creativity would even bother trying to create music.

9th Why? Why would you even say a bland statement like that?

10th OBEY RULE 10!!!

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-12 22:45:46

At 12/11/07 03:31 PM, Quarl wrote: This thread tickles me in places!!!

How does it tickle you LOL?

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-12 23:58:24

This is real sad guys. Why are you complaining about garageband being a newb program. Why do so many people forget about the composition? People just think making good samples make good music. Wrong. From what I heard, 13 year olds can use FL. So what do you call that? Exactly...it means nothing. The only benefit FL has over GB is that it is probably more versatile IF you know how to use it. If you don't know how to utilize FL than your just using a program like GB.

Oh and this whole advertisement about Logic pro....urmmm I know that professional DJs use it but that means the program is hard to use too. Don't just buy it cause you think it is the best. Again back to the whole "how well can you use your program" idea. If you have no idea how to use logic pro than your songs will be like GB made music. I use logic pro 7.2 and it took me a year just to really get into the in depth stuff. I still have not explored like 50% of the features. It will keep you preoccupied for a very long time though. So expect a bunch of poorly made music for a while if you decide to buy it. The least you could do is get good with GB or FL (get the basics down first) before venturing into Logic pro where the real tough stuff comes in. Bye

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-13 01:03:30

Ive never used garage band, since i learnt how to use midi/audio sequencing software with logic, like years ago with logic 5. Before i used logic i used fruityloops, and ive never had a reason to use garage band, since it IS a beginners program designed as a starting point.

For newcomers i recommend FL Studio, read up on the instructions and use the tutorials.

Oh, and learn how to make sounds with the 3xOsc, then make your own patches in Sytrus, now go to garage band, and you'll realize why SO many ppl say its inferior.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-13 01:27:53

ummm.. i talked to Spor the other day, and on of em told me that most professional DnB artists (including Spor) use FL. i was liek "woah"
BUT
I have never, EVAR, seen a professional musician, DnB or otherwise, that uses Gar(b)ageBand.
plus, macs suck for everything but graphic design.
end transmission.

LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-13 11:34:30

At 12/12/07 11:58 PM, Jmusic wrote: This is real sad guys. Why are you complaining about garageband being a newb program. Why do so many people forget about the composition? People just think making good samples make good music. Wrong. From what I heard, 13 year olds can use FL. So what do you call that? Exactly...it means nothing. The only benefit FL has over GB is that it is probably more versatile IF you know how to use it. If you don't know how to utilize FL than your just using a program like GB.

Oh and this whole advertisement about Logic pro....urmmm I know that professional DJs use it but that means the program is hard to use too. Don't just buy it cause you think it is the best. Again back to the whole "how well can you use your program" idea. If you have no idea how to use logic pro than your songs will be like GB made music. I use logic pro 7.2 and it took me a year just to really get into the in depth stuff. I still have not explored like 50% of the features. It will keep you preoccupied for a very long time though. So expect a bunch of poorly made music for a while if you decide to buy it. The least you could do is get good with GB or FL (get the basics down first) before venturing into Logic pro where the real tough stuff comes in. Bye

ok, logic pro is actually extremly easy to use for the way the program works. sure, it has some complicated issues in it such as synthisizers, but it has a very easy to use and basic application. You can create billions of different synths!!! It isn't an advertisment for Logiv Studio, I am simlpy stating its capabilities.

2nd, the only people in this thread who are actually saying Garageband is a nooby program are the noobs them selves. =) Just read more in detail in this thread. When I started this thread, I was simply hoping to find out who uses a mac and garageband on NG so we may be able to comunicate and create music together. I am right now, in fact, with SSB on a new song. =)

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-13 11:57:58

Garageband n00bs just don't understand that yes, there are loops, but that's NOT ALL. there are lots of detailed drop down menus where you can really customize not only the presets, but your own music which you can create FROM SCRATCH.

There are stupid n00bs who just make a dumb song with garageband riffs, yeah, so what? They won't win anything in the audio portal, so why do you care? But the fact is, some incredible things can be done with garageband.

It is a music editor, so you can insert and create your own music. You don't have to use the presets. I use it to mix my voice demos and auditions for voice acting.

I can use noise reduction, compression, filters, lots of different things. It's a much deeper program than I once thought, so obviously that's what I lot of you think too.

Mystic's 08 Voice Demo

Listen to my Demo and PM me if you want me to voice act for you, I'd be happy to help.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-13 11:58:54

Not at all.

I use it for classical.

Sure, the majority of people who use it are musically retarded loop draggers, but thewre are those of us who never open the loop browser.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-13 13:51:40

i use garage band for a few songs. easy to do remixes, just plug and play midi gb is amazing for it.

my song Better Off (better of alone remix) is the ebst garageband song i made.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-14 15:31:21

At 12/13/07 01:51 PM, Dj-Fanta5t1c wrote: i use garage band for a few songs. easy to do remixes, just plug and play midi gb is amazing for it.

my song Better Off (better of alone remix) is the ebst garageband song i made.

I would post the songs I have made with Garageband, but that would be audio advertisment and i don't want this discussion to end. Luckily, however, i make all my songs with Garageband lol. The first ones, I used loops by simply dragging them into the field. Yeah i was a complete noob lol. But my latest song all have above a 4 and my latest one is on the front page!!! (::Towards The Sun::) =FINAL= It is pretty amazing of what Garageband can do. I hope to listen to many users who use Garageband to its fullest potential.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-14 15:52:40

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the scores on the AP mean nothing. I see too often these strategies people implement to get a good song score.

1) Vote 5 on their own submission every day
2) Make alt accounts so you can vote 5 more than once a day on your song
3) Review other people's songs ever so nicely and generously offers them a 5/5 score (me thinks so to get a generous score back on your song). Leaves with a "check out my stuff" or can you review my {insert song title} please?" phrase. Even worse puts the "Thanks in advance" meaning the person feels like he/or she is obligated to now review your song.
4) PM a bunch of your common reviewers and ask them to listen to your song and download it a couple of days before Wednesday so you can make the top song list or weekly top 5.

Other than that, if a song gets on the top whatever lists without those above listed reasons, well he/she probably deserved it. However some weeks both lists are just ridiculously messed up. Once I saw a song that was simply garage band prerecorded loops meshed together and it got 2nd place. Me thinks he self voted 5 and downloaded his own song multiple times. It wasn't your song Fat..... dang your name is song. I forgot it already. XD

Maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic. Okay so let's think of the positive. At least it made you more confident of your music and encourages you to continue trying harder. So maybe the voting system ain't so bad afterall. See yah.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-14 16:34:57

I have used Garage band, it on my Mac that sits in my living room. Personally i hated it, i just wasnt my preferred way of doing things (i like Cubase and FL so makes sense). I still dont think it requires as much effort to make anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-14 16:37:12

Well it has really nothing to do with how easy it makes something... you aren't really making music if you're using the presets, plain and simple. If you're using GarageBand to do what FL was designed for, you're an idiot. So you're really screwed either way. Buy a PC.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-14 16:42:09

Dude, not everyone uses the presets. Get it through your head. People like myself actually write music, I just can't afford a better program at the time being.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-14 17:08:36

Garageband is a lot more powerfull than most people realize, it's not just a multi track editor/mixer, it's also a composer, you can write music with music notes/scores or use a keyboard, if you dont have a keyboard you can use you computers keyboard.

after installing all the jam packs it's a powerfull synthesizers.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-14 18:30:56

Maybe ive been to harsh on lil' Garageband, yet i still hate those people who use nothing but samples.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-14 18:34:48

1 - I didn't pay a cent for FL.

2 - Soulja Boy made his entire album with the demo version of FL.

3 - NO PROFESSIONALS USE GARAGEBAND

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2007-12-14 18:39:38

At 12/14/07 06:34 PM, endlessnumber wrote: 1 - I didn't pay a cent for FL.

If you mean you illegally downloaded FL then your breaking forum rules, if not then i take you mean the demo version.

2 - Soulja Boy made his entire album with the demo version of FL.

How did he save?

3 - NO PROFESSIONALS USE GARAGEBAND

Agreed, yet will probably be proven wrong.

waiting...

BBS Signature