00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

yampots just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics

7,052 Views | 104 Replies

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 15:46:37

It's nice to see that Halo 3 topics are getting banned, they're really starting to piss me off. As for the photoshop topics, I've seen some good ones latley.

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 15:51:16

Raguel speaks the truth, they can be good, but why not just weed off the shitty ones rather then ruin any potentialy good topics yet to come?

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 15:55:00

So now we have no video threads, no photoshop threads and no story threads? Foreshadowing for what's to come. I understand that many of those threads are full of garbage but still, by saying no to everything, you're saying no to some of the greatest threads on the bbs.

You guys go back and forth, the admins say keep it in the other forum, you guys make a thread and say the exact opposite. No more goodman or asianface? fine, keep your communist bbs. You see a bunch of shit threads and decide to ban them. Pretty soon, we'll run out of topics because you guys say no to everything.

It has nothing to do with the actual threads, but with the people posting inside them. Find a solution. Make the newbs learn from the regs, and not from other noobs. Ban certain things inside these types of threads. Halo 3 threads should be gone, i agree with that.

Don't remove photoshop topics because: A) You can't 'shop B) You've seen too many ms painters (just ban that in these threads) C) you're power hungry D) Noobs learning from other noobs.

Just delete the ones that suck and people will only see the quality ones. The bar will be set, users will want to raise it higher. Just control them, you're obviously weak and lazy. There is no quick solution to anything. Quit trying to find it. Read the book Animal Farm. You'll see how things turn out and how things relate to the bbs.

All the BBS needs is control. Not banning everything and everyone. If you mods have to ban every second person for some infraction, you guys obviously suck at your job. You wouldn't have to ban people like crazy mo fos if they knew the rules and how to use them.

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 15:56:55

At 9/27/07 03:55 PM, elegy wrote: All the BBS needs is control. Not banning everything and everyone. If you mods have to ban every second person for some infraction, you guys obviously suck at your job. You wouldn't have to ban people like crazy mo fos if they knew the rules and how to use them.

I will say now that I have received word that the mods are not mindless bots. Whether or not I believe that statement is another matter.

Mario doesn't murder koopas!

When it's an accident, it's called koopaslaughter.

I can not be a faggot.

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 16:01:48

At 9/27/07 02:30 PM, Raguel wrote:
At 9/27/07 02:24 PM, DigDugz wrote: That makes too much sense, the mods would never allow it.
I can see myself going the way of CrimsonEdge some day.

Only you know nothing surrounding Ryan's deletion.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 18:26:55

im a god i posted in a gay topic oh wai-

hey guys this car is my mouse i'm serous! it's so cool ^^ also my name is death harpist

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 18:29:44

I wonder how all these 14 and 13 year olds on Newgrounds get Photoshop... They
obviously don't fork over $1000 dollars for it...

This account is no longer active. Let this signature serve as the only existing tribute to this account's former greatness.

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 21:28:20

At 9/27/07 04:01 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote:
At 9/27/07 02:30 PM, Raguel wrote:
I can see myself going the way of CrimsonEdge some day.

Only you know nothing surrounding Ryan's deletion.

Alright, before I post I shall admit that I'm just back from the pub and I'm pretty drunk.

Fair enough.

I do know fuck all about Ryan's deletion. I didn't even know that the man's name was Ryan.

That has nothing to do with the issue.

The point is that if the BBS isn't a laugh then I don't want to come here.

I've been told by Enoll already that an MSPaint thread is worthy of a ban. But I will still participate in any MSPaint thread that I see worthy of participation because I find it to be fun and quite frankly I intend to enjoy myself here.

I'd rather have ten minutes of fun on the BBS and a 30 day ban than to be on all the time whilst watching what I do as if it's some kind of job.

The fact is that I really like Newgrounds and I wouldn't be bothering to reply like this if I didn't.

If the rules go in such a way that MSPaint threads and Photoshop threads are completely outlawed then what's the point?

But if Mindchamber says to keep the random Photshops in General (which I completely agree with) and Enoll says to keep them in the art forum, then what the fuck is the point in hanging around here when you can can find completely brilliant Photoshop threads on other sites and leave these two to fight amongst themselves without actually encountering each other. They both just want to push it somewhere else, rather than define rules.

And it's as easy as fuck to define them if you agree amongst yourselves what the rules actually are rather than making your own definitions of what should happen as you go along.

We're basically being told not to post:

Drawing threads
Photoshopping threads
Videogames threads &
Story threads

Excellent.

I shall make a thread about my kneecap!

And the many adventures that it has.

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 21:30:49

At 9/27/07 09:28 PM, Raguel wrote: I shall make a thread about my kneecap!

And the many adventures that it has.

Why not your spine?

I'm sure that's had plenty of fun.

Me at: FA | Telegram

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 21:32:39

At 9/27/07 09:30 PM, Sunglasses wrote: Why not your spine?

You shut up and learn to shop faster.

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 21:41:16

At 9/27/07 09:32 PM, Raguel wrote:
At 9/27/07 09:30 PM, Sunglasses wrote: Why not your spine?

You shut up and learn to shop faster.

See my most recent news post.

Me at: FA | Telegram

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 21:51:44

I really don't have much to say besides bullshit.

Bullshit.

Bye.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-27 21:53:45

I'm happy about the "no halo 3" but I love photoshop threads. Oh well.

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-30 00:44:02

At 9/27/07 06:29 PM, Anim8or666 wrote: I wonder how all these 14 and 13 year olds on Newgrounds get Photoshop... They
obviously don't fork over $1000 dollars for it...

1. Parents who work in ads could borrow an install CD...

2. Older versions can cost substantially less...

3. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature

Response to No more Halo3 or "photoshop" topics 2007-09-30 01:18:09

At 9/27/07 12:26 AM, Enoll wrote:
At 9/27/07 12:23 AM, bigbadron wrote: HEY! STOP MAKING UP RULES!
FUCK YOU!
>: (
I'M NOT MAKING RULES, I'M MAKING UP AWESOME!

WHAT???......