00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

concavepgons just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Th Futurama club.

145,059 Views | 2,770 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-16 14:29:41

At 4/16/07 08:47 AM, SuperFlyPrivateEye wrote:
At 4/16/07 08:44 AM, Coop83 wrote: Time for a diapee change!
Ah, 'The Day the Earth Stood Stupid'.

Very good - someone else who loves Futurama quotes

At 4/16/07 11:48 AM, Bahamut wrote: I wish time could speed up a bit so 2008 shall arrive. However, it depends when season 5 will start since it could start at about January/February (I hope so) or sometime in September.

We'll see how it pans out. I don't care how long it takes, so long as they do themselves justice. I'd hate to think that they rushed to get more Futurama on our screens.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-16 14:34:22

At 4/16/07 02:29 PM, Coop83 wrote: Very good - someone else who loves Futurama quotes

"Were gonna get Snoo Snoo!!!"

I just love that Futurama Episode. XD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-16 23:12:14

Oh yes, Futurama :D
Many, many nights of Adult Swim viewing has given me a comprehensive knowledge of this fabulous show, and it remains one of my favorite. As such I request membership to the club :)

Favorite episodes would have to be Fry and the Slurm Factory, Time Keeps on Slipping, both Anthologies of Interest. and The Problem with Popplers. But of course they're all awesome

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-17 02:48:02

At 4/16/07 11:48 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/16/07 01:08 AM, hongkongexpress wrote: Finally new episodes of Futurama but it'll come out in 2008. So no Zoidberg for a long time.
I wish time could speed up a bit so 2008 shall arrive. However, it depends when season 5 will start since it could start at about January/February (I hope so) or sometime in September.

>> Or we could go to where Fry delivered the Pizza that got him stuck back in time. And we set ot fhe year 2008. and we find out that Lurr's people have destroyed us, and then we wake up in New NEw York. or worse yet, nuclear War finally starts when we're frozen, and the timer gets knocked to it says 1000 years. ha ha ha.

At 4/22/09 12:38 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Raped by hongkong. NEXT.

Yeah, that was one champion of a post, wasn't it? -Zerok

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-17 07:57:32

At 4/16/07 02:29 PM, Coop83 wrote: Very good - someone else who loves Futurama quotes

No, it's just me - PenisClown.

I tricked you.

=P

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-17 11:03:08

At 4/16/07 12:27 PM, SuperFlyPrivateEye wrote: I find the concept more creative than all the other episodes.

I'd agree with that.

At 4/16/07 12:28 PM, SuperFlyPrivateEye wrote: Those are more creative.

Let's just say that creativity of Futurama is very high overall, a lot higher than The Simpsons are.

At 4/16/07 02:29 PM, Coop83 wrote: We'll see how it pans out. I don't care how long it takes, so long as they do themselves justice. I'd hate to think that they rushed to get more Futurama on our screens.

Well, as long as it's as awesome as seasons 1 - 4 and not fucking ruined like The Simpsons seasons 15 - 18 are, then the wait should be fine.

At 4/17/07 02:48 AM, hongkongexpress wrote: >> Or we could go to where Fry delivered the Pizza that got him stuck back in time.

Excellent. >:)

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-17 12:03:57

At 4/17/07 11:03 AM, Bahamut wrote: Let's just say that creativity of Futurama is very high overall, a lot higher than The Simpsons are.

You couldn't get any more right.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-17 13:00:16

At 4/16/07 02:34 PM, Seamonky wrote:
"Were gonna get Snoo Snoo!!!"

I just love that Futurama Episode. XD

Amazon Women in the Mood

"Death to men! Death by Snoo Snoo!"

At 4/16/07 11:12 PM, ForumEclipse wrote: Oh yes, Futurama :D
Many, many nights of Adult Swim viewing has given me a comprehensive knowledge of this fabulous show, and it remains one of my favorite. As such I request membership to the club :)

Welocme aboard

Favorite episodes would have to be Fry and the Slurm Factory, Time Keeps on Slipping, both Anthologies of Interest. and The Problem with Popplers. But of course they're all awesome

Nice choice of episodes

At 4/17/07 11:03 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/16/07 02:29 PM, Coop83 wrote: We'll see how it pans out. I don't care how long it takes, so long as they do themselves justice. I'd hate to think that they rushed to get more Futurama on our screens.
Well, as long as it's as awesome as seasons 1 - 4 and not fucking ruined like The Simpsons seasons 15 - 18 are, then the wait should be fine.

Well, the production team had mostly left and been replaced by people with less well developed ideas by those later seasons. Conan O'Brian was on the original Simpsons writing staff and he left a big hole when he left

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-17 13:28:21

Can I join this Club?

I find sigs unoriginal...

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-18 06:57:12

i never thoght i would say this about anything futurama, but the episode with fry's dog was sad as hell!

My love to the foxes club

JOIN/LISTEN TO NG RADIO!!! you can look it up and hear or subscribe to it for FREE on itunes. just search newgrounds in Itunes store!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-18 07:22:15

At 4/18/07 06:57 AM, Nestman12 wrote: i never thoght i would say this about anything futurama, but the episode with fry's dog was sad as hell!

"If you don't tear up at the end of Jurrassic Bark you're a cold hearted bastard." - Letter read out by David X Cohen.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-18 08:42:03

At 4/18/07 06:57 AM, Nestman12 wrote: i never thoght i would say this about anything futurama, but the episode with fry's dog was sad as hell!
At 4/18/07 07:22 AM, PenisClown wrote: "If you don't tear up at the end of Jurrassic Bark you're a cold hearted bastard." - Letter read out by David X Cohen.

Well, in that case, I'm lukewarm. I don't cry, but I am a little tearful about it. It is sad, but to be honest, the end of The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings is a much sadder ending, as that was the last episode of Futurama to be made.

Still, I get choked up by it, even though we are getting more new material

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-18 11:34:27

At 4/18/07 07:22 AM, PenisClown wrote: "If you don't tear up at the end of Jurrassic Bark you're a cold hearted bastard." - Letter read out by David X Cohen.

Haha, yeah. I was quite tearful the first time I saw that. :) Such great emotions from that episode and Leela's Homeworld.

At 4/18/07 08:42 AM, Coop83 wrote: It is sad, but to be honest, the end of The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings is a much sadder ending, as that was the last episode of Futurama to be made.

I agree, but the ending was nice.

Still, I get choked up by it, even though we are getting more new material

When I saw the last episode on DVD, I was like "MORE! MORE! MORE!!" :P

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-18 11:42:02

At 4/18/07 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: Haha, yeah. I was quite tearful the first time I saw that.

I wasn't. I just thought, "Shit, this is an interesting direction." I honestly can't find things sad if they didn't actally happen. I never tear up in movies.

EXCEPT for the end of Donnie Darko, my favourite movie of all time.

I agree, but the ending was nice.

I was like, "Gosh, not another almost ending.", like at the end of 'The Why of Fry'. You think he actually scored Leela, and next episode it's like nothing happened. I wonder how they're going to be able to carry on the series if Fry and Leela are together.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-18 15:29:33

Can I join?

If your head is made of wax, don't walk in the sun

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-18 15:33:17

At 4/17/07 01:00 PM, Coop83 wrote: Amazon Women in the Mood
"Death to men! Death by Snoo Snoo!"

Thanks for telling me what the title of that episode was. Now I could got on Youtube and watch the episode to get a good laugh. XD

"Were gonna get Snoo Snoo!!!" XD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-19 05:38:22

At 4/18/07 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: Haha, yeah. I was quite tearful the first time I saw that. :) Such great emotions from that episode and Leela's Homeworld.

You laugh, yet you cry. Awesome

When I saw the last episode on DVD, I was like "MORE! MORE! MORE!!" :P

I think we all were

At 4/18/07 11:42 AM, PenisClown wrote: I was like, "Gosh, not another almost ending.", like at the end of 'The Why of Fry'. You think he actually scored Leela, and next episode it's like nothing happened. I wonder how they're going to be able to carry on the series if Fry and Leela are together.

Lets face it, Fry's best chances were in The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings and Parasites Lost. Maybe he will make it with her in the future, who knows.

At 4/18/07 03:29 PM, Kayotic-Alchemist wrote: Can I join?

Welcome

At 4/18/07 03:33 PM, Seamonky wrote: Thanks for telling me what the title of that episode was. Now I could got on Youtube and watch the episode to get a good laugh. XD

No problem man

"I had Suoo Snoo!" *Zapp stands there in a lower body plaster cast, next to Fry in similar stance*

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-19 06:04:30

"Like a parrot of the sea he was!"

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-19 11:37:14

My favorite episode is the one where they all go fishing on vacation and Fry meets this mermaid.
The best line is when the mermaid gives all of them these things that will make them able to breath underwater if they stick it in their mouth and nose.
The proffesor says: 'what a painful and humiliating method! A sepository would be much better!'

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-19 11:39:36

'FUTURAMA COMING TO YOU LIVE FROM OMICRON PERSEI 5!' that's the best part of the intro. I think it only appeared in episode 3 series 1 though. :(

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-19 11:48:36

can i join. I love futurama. Benders my favorite

The Boss Hogg Gon' Brawlic..

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-19 14:02:43

At 4/18/07 11:42 AM, PenisClown wrote: I was like, "Gosh, not another almost ending.", like at the end of 'The Why of Fry'. You think he actually scored Leela, and next episode it's like nothing happened.

It's funny, because you'll see Leela loving Fry, but on the next episode or two, she'll be a bit pissed off at Fry for something and a few episodes later, she loves him again. It went on and on until the end. :P

I wonder how they're going to be able to carry on the series if Fry and Leela are together.

According to Wikipedia:

According to an interview with David X. Cohen, the Futurama team are around half way through writing the new season, and Rough Draft Studios have just started animating. The new season will be set two years after the events of the last season, and will re-visit Fry and Leela's relationship and unanswered questions about Nibbler, dark matter and Seymour the dog.

At 4/19/07 11:48 AM, BiGGz27 wrote: can i join. I love futurama. Benders my favorite

Welcome.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-19 20:47:33

At 4/19/07 11:37 AM, jobizzie wrote: My favorite episode is the one where they all go fishing on vacation and Fry meets this mermaid.

That episode is so overplayed.

Can I join by the way?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-19 23:19:51

At 4/19/07 08:47 PM, Kreator0943 wrote: Can I join by the way?

Fuck yes, little buddy.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-20 02:02:05

one of the rare episodes was one with the Space Bees!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-20 09:06:17

At 4/20/07 02:02 AM, hongkongexpress wrote: one of the rare episodes was one with the Space Bees!

What, The Sting?

It's on the season 4 boxed set. The only reason it's not been shown as much is that it was one of the last episodes to air before those bastards at Fox pulled the plug.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-20 10:17:39

At 4/20/07 09:06 AM, Coop83 wrote: What, The Sting?

Du na na na! Na na! Na naaaaaa!

It's on the season 4 boxed set. The only reason it's not been shown as much is that it was one of the last episodes to air before those bastards at Fox pulled the plug.

I didn't know that. All I know is that that episode is FUCKED. UP.

SRSLY.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-20 11:02:33

At 4/20/07 09:06 AM, Coop83 wrote: The only reason it's not been shown as much is that it was one of the last episodes to air before those bastards at Fox pulled the plug.

I hope those fags die.

At 4/20/07 10:17 AM, PenisClown wrote: I didn't know that. All I know is that that episode is FUCKED. UP.

But it was hilarious and had a great twist at the end. It's one of the best Futurama episodes IMO.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-20 11:08:53

At 4/20/07 11:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: But it was hilarious and had a great twist at the end. It's one of the best Futurama episodes IMO.

Hence why it was in that Futurama compilation with Matt's favourite episodes......

It was extremely weird, I'll give you that.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2007-04-20 23:18:52

yea the Sting, the one where Lela got stung instead of fry, and goes into a coma. Man that was such a sugary episode. With the happy smiley bees singing, and dancing in here dreams.