00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"newgrounds Day" -my Pitch

8,709 Views | 140 Replies

"newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 06:54:19

:: IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC< PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST

many people come to newgrounds for Pico.
others come for salad fingers. others for bitey. other for xombie, or even for clocks.
some come for the... 'interesting'... BBS topics, or controversial moments of publicity like the animations by
Jeff Weise or that Vtech game, etc

Me? I personally come here, and there's no less dumb way of putting it, for the Newgrounds!
Now this is just me speaking here but im very sure that many of you may very well share this poinion: And that is simply that so many people come to newgrounds because of the freedom. Anyone would be hard pressed to find any other place on the web, where such diversity of art and comic can be found. Go ahead and try and find a website with some of the crappiest animations around, and at the same time artistic works of wonder and comedic masterpieces, where the entire site can still be taken seriously...

Now if you have read up to here, which is where my 'point' comes in, this probably applies to you:

I think we should pitch for a 'Newgrounds Day'.

Seriously, Pico day, clock day, every other day is fun and all, but they are for small groups of the NG community. How cool would it be, to have one day a year, where it's all about everything newgrounds! chances for artists and fans alike to show their appreciation for how newgrounds has become a part of our lives. Hell, i came to newgrounds 5 years ago, submitted cap, and was intimidated as hell but newgrounds created a huge challenge for me, to drive myself, and now im on speakin terms with Tom, having one of my series being promoted and sponsored by him. I feel this must go said (because i have looked for a similar topic to no avail) simply because the seedlings of what is to be my career in animation, has grom from here. as well as would be the case with many other who have been, and who are to come.

now, Tom recently posted on the front page in what he lated described as being emo, talking about how he thinks newgrounds has not come as far as his dreams have yet been.
I dont know, perhaps he doesnt see how he change some of our lives, bu i know first hand of his generosity and enthusiasm, and i KNOW that its time we tried to give back.

PLEASE, if you appreciate newgrounds, what it provides us with, in entertainment and opportunity.
PLEASE, if you appreciate how much Tom and Newgrounds has given without asking
and PLEASE, if you want a change for everyone to have ONE day a year to unite in newgrounds pride:::

show your support and-
VOTE #1, FOR A DAY OF NEWGROUNDS!!!

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 07:13:17

i like the idea alot. cause clock day, not everyone likes. pico day, not everyone likes. but newgrounds day, THERE WOULD BE NO HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 07:18:47

It's a good idea, I support it!

It would be even cooler if we could bring this NG day IRL somehow, for example throwing a party with NG audio only, a cinema-show with NG submissions only or other similiar things.

Of course it'd be impossible for everyone to meet up physically, but it could be something more regionally. Hell, I have some time this summer, and after I've moved, I'm gonna hook up with the local moviemaking-people and see if we could it could be possible to do something cool for this!

Wakka wakka

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 07:30:15

Aye, Jazza, very nice idea you got there. You have my full support.

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 08:34:44

lets keep these replies coming, See if we can get Tom to notice!

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 08:39:33

i support this idea.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 08:45:51

I support the idea, we have days celebrating clock, locks, and pico. As you said we should have a day celebrating the freedom NG gives us. We should also celebrate every Bbs user (Still active) to show how much NG appreciates us.

Drop Ya Pants and Grind, with M to the C

The Greatest Story Ever Told

BBS Signature

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 08:47:53

Very nice Jazza.
Sounds awesome.

But it arouses questions:
When should it be?
Do we (you) put up prizes?

Is it for both audio, flash and art creation? That would be cool.

I felt bad for Tom that day. :(

Again, great Idea.

Mr.Clam and his trumpet-bazooka.

BBS Signature

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 08:48:08

Newgrounds day sounds like a great idea. I will get the baloons. Nothing is complete without baloons. : 0

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 09:01:20

I support this idea also. Not only would it be a good time of festivities, but everyone could benefit a little from being friendlier, and learning a bit more about the website in general. Oddly, I've enjoyed my four years here on Newgrounds and I look forward to more. So yeah, supported :P

Also, I would very much like to see Rucklo's idea come about. What would be awesome if we could have several parties, all linked via webcam or something all over the world where Newgrounders can meet, greet and chill out! I certainly wouldn't mind meeting some members. It'd be hard to organise but it's just something that might be enjoyable.

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 09:04:11

At 6/28/07 08:47 AM, hugh-nelson wrote: But it arouses questions:
When should it be?

I dont know... should be a sentimental date for Tom i reakon, like the date newgrounds was founded as a trademarked company or something

I'd probably be willing to contribute.
truth is, i assume most authors who have gotten somewhere because of NG (like dave firth, lemon demon, ...EVERYONE) mightr be willling to add bits and peices, to culminate into a big prize

everything.
any way for people to create thier odes to newgrounds

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 09:13:06

sounds good to me

I've covered wars, ya know.

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 09:24:35

I like the idea for Newgrounds. So, when Newgrounds Day comes (we don't know when) it will probably be some Flash movies about Newgrounds and all that other stuff. It will be very interesting!

Not needed, non needed, no one bled.

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 09:29:40

At 6/28/07 09:04 AM, JAZZA wrote:
At 6/28/07 08:47 AM, hugh-nelson wrote: But it arouses questions:
When should it be?
I dont know... should be a sentimental date for Tom i reakon, like the date newgrounds was founded as a trademarked company or something

I'd probably be willing to contribute.
truth is, i assume most authors who have gotten somewhere because of NG (like dave firth, lemon demon, ...EVERYONE) mightr be willling to add bits and peices, to culminate into a big prize

everything.
any way for people to create thier odes to newgrounds

Cool.
Congrats on being awesome.

I'll do some art.

Can it INVOLVE the characters of Newgrounds?
(think NG Rumble or Flashback 00)

Like Bitey, Paladin, and Strawberry Clock getting a beer?
Or P-Bot and Pico posing for the camera in front of the Newgrounds Tank?
Or Salad Fingers and a Maddness character dancing?

Think out of the box.

as long as it's OK. :0

BBS Signature

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 09:36:50

Can it INVOLVE the characters of Newgrounds?
(think NG Rumble or Flashback 00)

Like Bitey, Paladin, and Strawberry Clock getting a beer?
Or P-Bot and Pico posing for the camera in front of the Newgrounds Tank?
Or Salad Fingers and a Maddness character dancing?

Think out of the box.

dude, YES
if you think the great part of newgrounds is the content it brings out of people then thats more then appropriate.

the idea should be people expressing what they lova about newgrounds, there may still be alot of clocks and picos and stuff! thats the great thing!!

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 09:38:41

i completly agree!

Needs a differant name, but im all for the idea!

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 09:45:23

I really don't even understand what your "idea" was...

4chan has better art and comic

XBL Gamertag: Champigne [Reggae Club] Offer some insight..

I double dog dare you to click my ads!!

BBS Signature

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 09:47:10

At 6/28/07 09:45 AM, Champigne wrote: I really don't even understand what your "idea" was...

4chan has better art and comic

'newgrounds day' genius, lol
like pico day or clock day, but a day dedicated for us to show how much we like newgrounds through submissions and posts and parties etc

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:02:42

the idea is to honor newgrounds!

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:05:42

How about It be on the day Tom got Married?

Still loving the Idea. Gonna be a big participator :).

BBS Signature

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:06:09

man, that s a good Idea, I can make a flash about how I got addicted to NG lol.

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:06:53

I just want to add this to my last post.

I think a big reason why people come here and leave is that they dont feel appreciated or even known here. But if we had a newgrounds day that mention random people for even small things or have some threads on small awards and people vote on who they think should win.

So basically I think if we had a newgrounds day, it should be about appreciating the common user.

Drop Ya Pants and Grind, with M to the C

The Greatest Story Ever Told

BBS Signature

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:08:59

that was a beautiful speech.

and you would've had me with "newgrounds is awesome, lets have a newgrounds day"

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:13:06

At 6/28/07 10:06 AM, M-to-the-C wrote: I just want to add this to my last post.

I think a big reason why people come here and leave is that they dont feel appreciated or even known here. But if we had a newgrounds day that mention random people for even small things or have some threads on small awards and people vote on who they think should win.

So basically I think if we had a newgrounds day, it should be about appreciating the common user.

nice input
i know how that feels.
when i was 14 i started submitting to stickslaughter when it was around, and made it into the top 5 list of animators after not long. discovering newgrounds was a huge jump, where i sacrificed the few people i knew to challenge myself. after around 10 more submission i got frontpage giving hudreds of thousands of views, and pushing me even more. HUGE opportunities come to everyday newgrounds users who seek it

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:16:36

Support Newgrounds Day Everyone!

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:19:55

At 6/28/07 10:16 AM, Oxymaniac wrote: Support Newgrounds Day Everyone!

THATS THE WAY!
lets get heaps of replies like this from everyone we can!
LETS GET ATTENTION OF THE PEOPLE THAT CAN HELP MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

(im serious about this in case you havnt noticed)

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:21:07

It's a good idea but Newgrounds day? How would that be expressed? How would you make flashes about it?

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:25:59

At 6/28/07 10:21 AM, Winned wrote: It's a good idea but Newgrounds day? How would that be expressed? How would you make flashes about it?

heres some of the HUNDREDS of newgroudns dedicated and inspired flashes.
a newgrounds day would be the chance for people to prepare for it together and share the single theme for that day.
plus, prizes are always good insentive :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/236362
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/381115
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/252609 http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/181100
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310464 http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/261421 http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/160668
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/180530
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/84870
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/339386

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:26:48

I'll steal some money to fly over and visit the convention. THE NG CONVENTION.

Srsly. Start it.

Response to "newgrounds Day" -my Pitch 2007-06-28 10:39:55

newgrounds day for the win!

*starts chant* Newgrounds day! newgrounds day! newgrounds day *ends chant*