00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stupidvampire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

756,308 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-25 19:31:48

At 9/25/07 06:37 PM, Chiklay4 wrote:
tsk tsk
sony fans these days

It's not our fault. You would become bitter and belligerent yourself if you kept being flamed by Sony-haters on youtube for something incredibly stupid such as console preferences. D:

Also, I'll be playing Halo 3 this weekend, I could either go to my friend's house who has a 360 or I could go to my local arcade that has nex-gen consoles instead of the regular gaming machines you would find in the mall.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-25 20:42:53

At 9/25/07 07:31 PM, TehreTard wrote:
It's not our fault. You would become bitter and belligerent yourself if you kept being flamed by Sony-haters on youtube for something incredibly stupid such as console preferences. D:

I don't enjoy nor watch videos about consoles just the games also your saying I'm getting flamed when I don't even make videos? look at one of your fellow ps3 fans Its truly amazes me

Also, I'll be playing Halo 3 this weekend, I could either go to my friend's house who has a 360 or I could go to my local arcade that has nex-gen consoles instead of the regular gaming machines you would find in the mall.

Going to someones house?

thats not way to experience a game

either you own it or rent it by yourself and believe me you'll find out what I mean

thats if you ever get a 360 or wii

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-25 22:33:24

At 9/25/07 08:42 PM, Chiklay4 wrote: Going to someones house?

thats not way to experience a game

either you own it or rent it by yourself and believe me you'll find out what I mean

That doesn't make much sense to me. I don't really see how playing it at a friend's house is any different from renting except you don't have to pay (I would consider that a positive) and you get to play the game with a friend (also a positive in my opinion). I'm not quite sure how the latter would be a bad thing and, correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't really any other major differences. I suppose it would be useful to buy it if you wanted to play the hell out of the online multiplayer which, with a game like Halo, is probably true. But again, you don't get that with renting the game, so I still don't really see a difference between renting and playing at a friend's house that hinders the experience. Maybe you just enjoy playing alone more?

thats if you ever get a 360 or wii

So you're suggesting that the 360 and Wii possess some unnamed specification that makes it more fun to play alone than with someone else? You're suggesting the PS3 is the only current-gen console that is fun to play amongst friends in person and PS3 owners could not fathom how fun it is to play alone? I find that incredibly hard to believe. The Wii has a whole bunch of party games that are only fun when with people. One of the 360's most attractive features is its online play which, while its not in person, still encourages cooperative play.

I'm not meaning to incite any sort of 'fight' or anything if that's the way you're taking my words. That is certainly not my intentions as I do see reasons for owning each console and own a Wii as well. I'm just trying to understand the logic behind what you're saying..

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-26 11:01:26

My controller arrived guys.
Yeah, thats it.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-26 12:08:46

Hey, i don't mind joining the club if it's still on, i don't know about the status of things since i can't b assed to read through 35+ pages.
I got MotorStorm and Resistance.

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-26 12:28:05

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-26 12:29:08

At 9/26/07 12:08 PM, TheThingy5 wrote: Hey, i don't mind joining the club if it's still on, i don't know about the status of things since i can't b assed to read through 35+ pages.
I got MotorStorm and Resistance.

Sure, the club is still active. Welcome.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-27 14:51:57

Kl thanks, i don't have a mic yet if that's any issue at all, but i'll get one soon and yeah your right Motorstorm in all is a really boring game, not enough features, My friends add or tag or woteva is Arthur_Vuksake i'm in the clan ' the leagen of War at the moment on resistance but i don't mind joining a newgrounds clan, that'd b awesome :D

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-27 16:23:12

After buying the New Goblin for Spdier Man 3, I was almost on the verge of agreeing that motion controls were tacked on pieces of shit.

Then I turned it off, then it controlled about 10x worse. Sure, it's easier to fight, but it makes it hard as fuck to navigate.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-27 16:43:39

Also, InFamous=Awsomeness.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-27 16:55:30

At 9/27/07 04:43 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Also, InFamous=Awsomeness.

I need to download the trailer now! Also Jericho demo is out, but only in America, and t's getting good feedback. And some new wallpapers and expansions for Ninja Gaiden.
Only seven levels to go!

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-27 17:08:38

LINK PLZ

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-27 22:10:00

At 9/27/07 05:08 PM, TehreTard wrote:
LINK PLZ

InFamous

It was announced at E3 this year. It's developed by Sucker Punch, the people behind the Sly series. It's basically being described as Crackdown for the PS3. It looks like a pretty fun game concept to me.

Anyone else noticed how all of Sony's big developers seem to be making new franchises? Naughty Dog is making Uncharted, Insomniac made Resistance, and Sucker Punch is making Infamous. Personally, I think it's a good thing. Instead of seeing the same series over and over again, we'll get a little bit of variety and add more franchises that can have sequels later in this console generation.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-27 22:19:41

At 9/27/07 10:10 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 9/27/07 05:08 PM, TehreTard wrote:
LINK PLZ
InFamous

I already know about the game, but I thought Ryan was talking about a new game trailer. =\

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-27 22:30:27

At 9/27/07 04:55 PM, Abyssus wrote:
I need to download the trailer now! Also Jericho demo is out, but only in America, and t's getting good feedback. And some new wallpapers and expansions for Ninja Gaiden.
Only seven levels to go!

whoa, never heard about Jericho demo coming out here. BTW everyone, i just got warhawk, so add me to your friends list or somthing like that. i just got it two days ago so im not great at it, but im alright. fucking people need to get their internet fixed cuz alot of the matches PING sucks asshole

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-28 13:35:29

At 9/27/07 10:42 PM, Xtesh wrote: Mine's NGSeth, so feel free to add me everybody. I hope Warhawk is actually as good as everyone says.

It is pretty sweet, though if your connection isnt great, it can be a bit of a pain.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-28 15:30:28

At 9/27/07 04:55 PM, Abyssus wrote: Also Jericho demo is out, but only in America, and t's getting good feedback.

After playing through the demo, I'm not quite sure what to think about the game. It seems to have a good story, which all horror games do but I wasn't that impressed when playing. It was too short to really tell, but I'll probably end up waiting on this one, unless it gets really good reviews.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 16:50:05

Heavenly sword is really cool, mostly because of the projectiles in slow-motion!
Anyone else got it?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 16:53:15

How many games have you got for the PS3, Abyssus?

Because you seem to have a whole fucking lot.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 17:18:11

At 9/29/07 04:50 PM, Abyssus wrote: Heavenly sword is really cool, mostly because of the projectiles in slow-motion!
Anyone else got it?

Got it Finished it on normal Mode, best game I played so far on the PS3 without a doubt now Playing it again on hell mode.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 17:24:20

I don't even know how many chapters there are on Ninja gaiden.I'm at chapter 15.It's hard as hell and i have to kill a big ass fire dragon.Hard very hard.Fun though

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 17:56:04

Your pretty close to the finish line, there are like 19 chapters in the game man. :o

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 19:59:56

At 9/29/07 05:24 PM, Misumena wrote: I don't even know how many chapters there are on Ninja gaiden.I'm at chapter 15.It's hard as hell and i have to kill a big ass fire dragon.Hard very hard.Fun though

Ha! That's is the EXACT chapter on the EXACT boss I'm on. Hte maggots cleaned me out, for some reason they were really hard for me, toughest thing for ages. made me waste a shit-load of potions.

At 9/29/07 04:53 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: How many games have you got for the PS3, Abyssus?

Resistance and Motorstorm, came with it.
Oblivion,
Ninja Gaiden and Heavnely Sword for me Birthday,
And Warhawk downloaded.

Six.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 21:45:22

At 9/29/07 05:24 PM, Misumena wrote: I don't even know how many chapters there are on Ninja gaiden.I'm at chapter 15.It's hard as hell and i have to kill a big ass fire dragon.Hard very hard.Fun though

In my opinion, that's the hardest fight in the game. It took me about 10 tries to finally beat it. After that, it was relatively smooth sailing. I think I fought one or two bosses afterwards twice, but all the others only took one life.

At 9/29/07 07:59 PM, Abyssus wrote: Resistance and Motorstorm, came with it.
Oblivion,
And Warhawk downloaded.

We have all the same games, except you have Motorstorm.

Little off topic for the PS3's online lounge, but eventually, I'm going to want to get some PS2 games to tide me over between PS3 titles. I didn't have a PS2 and watched from the side lines with my little purple lunch box, staring enviously at all of the game I wanted. So anyways, I wanted some suggestions on which games I should take a look at.

At the moment, I would say I'd be getting these:

Ratchet and Clank Series.
Jak Series
Sly Cooper Series.
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.
Whichever Final Fantasy games were good (I think 10 and 12, correct me if I'm wrong).
Shadow of the Colossus.
Okami (thoguh I'd probably wait for the Wii version to come out).
Grand Theft Auto Games.
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.
Black.
God of War 1 and 2.

Any other suggestions?

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 22:41:04

At 9/29/07 09:45 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: I didn't have a PS2 and watched from the side lines with my little purple lunch box, staring enviously at all of the game I wanted. So anyways, I wanted some suggestions on which games I should take a look at.

At the moment, I would say I'd be getting these:

Ratchet and Clank Series.
Jak Series
Sly Cooper Series.
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.
Whichever Final Fantasy games were good (I think 10 and 12, correct me if I'm wrong).
Shadow of the Colossus.
Okami (thoguh I'd probably wait for the Wii version to come out).
Grand Theft Auto Games.
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.
Black.
God of War 1 and 2.

Any other suggestions?

Halo 1 and 2, Super Smash Bros. Meelee, and Big Rigs: Over the road racing.

And to loggers, you were supposed to use "you're", NOT "your" in that sentence.

GRAMMAR TIME

You're=Contraction of "you are"

E.G. You're a hot user, TehreTard, and I want to suck your cock-SOAS/Nephtys/Chailatte

Your=Possessive form of "you"

E.G. Is this your dildo, Bill Gates?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 23:11:34

At 9/29/07 10:41 PM, TehreTard wrote:
At 9/29/07 09:45 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
Stuff people should of learned at age 10

Re-learning is fun =D

I also have six game's

Resistance and FEAR came with
Oblivion, The Darkness and RSV
And WarHawk downloaded.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 23:23:43

I bought Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix yesterday because I'm hardcore like that ^_^

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-29 23:44:56

At 9/29/07 11:23 PM, Gagsy wrote: I bought Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix yesterday because I'm hardcore like that ^_^

I loved the series but that game blew harder than Maddy in a Russian Motel.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-30 00:00:24

At 9/29/07 11:44 PM, TehreTard wrote:
I loved the series but that game blew harder than Maddy in a Russian Motel.

It got good reviews in game magazines, I like it quite a bit, it's fun to move tables to smash Ron and Hermione about, and it was second hand so got it cheaper. I just can't wait till 2008 for games ;_;

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-09-30 09:51:50

At 9/29/07 07:59 PM, Abyssus wrote:
At 9/29/07 04:53 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: How many games have you got for the PS3, Abyssus?

Resistance and Motorstorm, came with it.
Oblivion,
And Warhawk downloaded.

Six.

All you have are exclusives and Oblivion.

But before I talk:

Resistance
Motorstorm
Oblivion
Warhawk
Armored Core 4
Sonic
Spider Man 3

Hm, 7.

But I only have 3 exclusives.