00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maybenotriver just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

785,609 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-16 16:52:07

Also, Flower makes better use of motion controls than any game on the Wii does. I think it's the ONLY game I've ever played which I haven't thought would have been better with normal controls.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-16 18:56:26

At 2/16/09 04:52 PM, TheMaster wrote: Also, Flower makes better use of motion controls than any game on the Wii does. I think it's the ONLY game I've ever played which I haven't thought would have been better with normal controls.

For me, that's because you don't have to be very precise. The Pure trophy, where you have to avoid being hit at all, really shows how frustrating the game could be if a high level of precision was required.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-16 19:35:58

At 2/16/09 06:24 AM, doberman7 wrote: On other things, I got the F.E.A.R 2 demo last night, and alma made me shout HOLY SHIT with the scene in the cinema.

Meh, that wasn't too bad. Wasn't as bad as when I was heading underground after the ghost things. Right near the caged off area, I went into the corner beyond the cage, just to have a look see. When I turned towards the door, on the side of the screen was a fucking gray kid, right at the corner of the cage. It was only there for a second, but it made me jump almost out of my chair.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-16 21:46:09

At 2/16/09 07:48 AM, TheMaster wrote: Also, I forgot to say, any Yanks with Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix want to swap for something, since it still isn't out on the fucking UK store? I've got Super Stardust, both it's expansions, Crash Team Racing, Crash Bandicoot 3, Bishi Bashi Special, Thin Lizzy Rock Band pack, Oasis Rock Band pack, David Bowie Rock Band pack, Hercules, What's My Age Again for Guitar Hero World Tour, My Generation for Rock Band, Baba O'Riley for Rock Band, More Than a Feeling for Rock Band and Yoda for Soulcalibur 4.

Master. I can give you Street Fighter if you can give me Super Stardust and Yoda.

I'm not too sure as it's not my account to begin with.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-17 08:06:54

So I just found out that i can get a £25 a week Paper Route the problem is thats its 7 days a week which basicly means no sleep overs, no football (soccer) which is GHEY, one route is basicly up the road and the other is about a mile away,

But My mumsy doesn't like me spending money on Games, so she doesnt usually give me money for them, so money would help, also MONEY

What Should i do? Anyone give a guy a hand?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-17 12:29:02

At 2/17/09 08:06 AM, jtm17 wrote:
What Should i do?

If you want the money, do it, if you can live without the money, don't do it.

:)

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-17 15:58:11

Installing Devil May Cry 4. It's taking...awhile.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-17 15:58:53

Good news and bad news.
Good news is, since maybe.. Nov 08 I havent been online on my PS3.
Finaly got bored of that today and sorted it all out in about 5 minutes.. oh well. In good time for KZ2 I suppose. Bad news is, I got bored because my PC kasploded (yeah, I know, right?) which is bad. My hard drive has to be replaced so im currently shitting bricks and throwing them through walls of pre-shat bricks in annoyance at the amount of awesomness that is going to be shat out and dumped into a fucking hole or something.. yes.. anyway, I'll be pretty much only on my PS3 until the weekend or so.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-17 17:29:21

At 2/17/09 08:06 AM, jtm17 wrote: So I just found out that i can get a £25 a week Paper Route the problem is thats its 7 days a week

stop, dont do it ive been doing 1 everyday for 2yrs and it sucks so much dick, now i cant afford to quit cos im so used to the money coming in every week.

OMG i mite actually kill myself, ive beed on JTV for 4pp broadcast for 3hrs and nothing is happening, ffs!!!!!!!!

games currently playing: saints row 2, james bond quantum of solace, lbp

PSN ID: zazombehslaya

Disturbed indestructible= best album EVER!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-17 17:49:59

At 2/17/09 05:29 PM, splintdude wrote:
At 2/17/09 08:06 AM, jtm17 wrote: So I just found out that i can get a £25 a week Paper Route the problem is thats its 7 days a week
stop, dont do it ive been doing 1 everyday for 2yrs and it sucks so much dick, now i cant afford to quit cos im so used to the money coming in every week.

hardy har har

OMG i mite actually kill myself, ive beed on JTV for 4pp broadcast for 3hrs and nothing is happening, ffs!!!!!!!!

Yep same :( I think David may have left the broadcast running again lol....

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-17 17:56:23

At 2/17/09 05:29 PM, splintdude wrote:

But this sucks ballz i need teh money but i aint losing a social lifeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-17 23:23:06

What's more important?

Being a dickwad with your friends after school or making money?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-18 08:18:39

At 2/17/09 11:23 PM, scetch00 wrote: What's more important?

Erm....."dickwad" (wtf) i assume that means "joker"

But Seriously i think i might aswell take the money 100 pounds a month isnt to bad eh?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-18 10:16:11

I bought Uncharted: Drake's Fortune today.

I'm loving it. Nice looking graphics, great controls, likable characters.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-18 10:27:18

So, I post in the COD headquarters alot and for some reason never fond my way here...
Who has the most trophys here?
Is anyone else looking forward to RE5, i got the SE reserved. Fear 2 Demo was freaky good. Gotta rent it. Same with KZ2. I play a lot of games mostly rent and get trophys on them. I only have about 350 right now with 2 platnuims, Drakes Uncharted and Call Of Duty World at War.

PSN: Ripper00

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-18 10:30:24

At 2/18/09 08:18 AM, jtm17 wrote:
At 2/17/09 11:23 PM, scetch00 wrote: What's more important?

Erm....."dickwad" (wtf) i assume that means "joker"

But Seriously i think i might aswell take the money 100 pounds a month isnt to bad eh?

That's pretty decent for a paper route. I'd do it. You're not sacrificing your social life; just some sleep early in the morning. And seeing as your mom doesn't like buying you games, it would be a good thing to get a regular cash flow. Just remember to save it so when you quit, you have a good store. And you won't have a crack-like addiction to it like splintdude

Trust me, I have a summer job, which means that during the winter I'm pinching pennies. Luckily I got Christmas and a birthday, but other than that, I can't blow my money.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-18 12:00:21

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP!!!!

Killzone 2 Who is Buying this Game?

HAI RIPPER

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-18 12:49:34

At 2/18/09 12:00 PM, jtm17 wrote: Killzone 2 Who is Buying this Game?

I'm definitely getting it. And hello Ripper, you shameless trophy whore you :P

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-18 19:59:57

Everyone but TheMaster, since he feels it's necessary to say a game is a piece shit because of 1 minor flaw that most people like.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 04:58:10

At 2/18/09 07:59 PM, TheThing wrote:
Everyone but TheMaster, since he feels it's necessary to say a game is a piece shit because of 1 minor flaw that most people like.

I concur

lol misery guts

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 08:20:08

At 2/19/09 07:56 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I'm back lol.

Huzzah, order has been restored.

was there ever order in this club?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 08:23:10

At 2/18/09 07:59 PM, TheThing wrote: Everyone but TheMaster, since he feels it's necessary to say a game is a piece shit because of 1 minor flaw that most people like.

It's not a minor flaw, it makes it unplayable. I'll have another go of the demo in a bit, I haven't deleted it yet, see if it grows on me.

In other news, I plan on waiting for Street Fighter 4. Not buying it on release day. I do plan to get the Mega Drive collection, though, since I've got £25 of Game vouchers to spend, and that'll cover most, if not all of the price.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 08:53:38

At 2/19/09 08:29 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Speaking of the mega drive collection

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/8 922102/Sega-Mega-Drive-Console-With-15-G ames/Product.html

You can actually buy a "new" mega drive. Not exactly worth nearly £40 for a 15 year old console.

I saw that on HMV a few weeks ago. Fucking ace, it well deserves a rerelease.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 09:13:29

At 2/19/09 08:53 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 2/19/09 08:29 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Speaking of the mega drive collection

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/8 922102/Sega-Mega-Drive-Console-With-15-G ames/Product.html

You can actually buy a "new" mega drive. Not exactly worth nearly £40 for a 15 year old console.
I saw that on HMV a few weeks ago. Fucking ace, it well deserves a rerelease.

"...you can use original Mega Drive and Genesis cartridges from all regions!" - I'm sold!

I totally want one. I have a broken Mega Drive so I've been meaning to buy a new one.

Anyway, I'm still loving Uncharted.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 09:17:19

I have a Mega Drive II that sort of works. The wires going to the TV are a bit dodgy so you have to wiggle them around a bit to get a picture.

To be honest though, this new collection has everything you could want in it, bar the "Strike" games, and maybe Mega Bomberman. And Jurassic Park.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 09:43:58

At 2/19/09 08:23 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 2/18/09 07:59 PM, TheThing wrote: Everyone but TheMaster, since he feels it's necessary to say a game is a piece shit because of 1 minor flaw that most people like.
It's not a minor flaw, it makes it unplayable. I'll have another go of the demo in a bit, I haven't deleted it yet, see if it grows on me.

Turning too slow makes the game unplayable? Sure, it makes it difficult, but you'll get used to it after some time. Just because it doesn't play like every other FPS out there doesn't mean it's a bad game.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 09:45:53

As I said, I'll have another go once my arm starts working again (had a blood test today, arm still feels weird), see if I can get used to it.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 09:59:23

I heard the postman struggle to push letters through my letter box this morning, so I thought he may be pushing Street Fighter IV through, so I went to check, but it wasn't there. Guess I won't be getting the game a day early.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 11:13:15

Nope it's still shit. Aiming is the big problem really, not turning. It's so slow, it's gamebreaking.

Unplayable.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-02-19 11:19:59

At 2/19/09 11:13 AM, TheMaster wrote: Nope it's still shit. Aiming is the big problem really, not turning. It's so slow, it's gamebreaking.

Unplayable.

That's like saying Dead Space is shit because it's scary.
Or that Gears of War is shit because it's got a cover system.
Or that Fracture was shit because it had a terrain-shifting grenade launcher.

Fracture was shit anyway, but you get what I mean.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature