00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Unified Audio Competitions

4,462 Views | 38 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Unified Audio Competitions 2007-03-28 19:57:28

Essentially, you're asking that MAC become the base and main competition for the AP and AF because it has Tom's support, which is a valid reason, the one thing you're missing is that the separate contests happen for a reason.

The individuals who develop their own contests only have interest to make a contest involve their favorite type of music, not a universal kind of music that MAC always proposes.

In other words, you're both asking and saying it's OK for any contest out there to propose itself served under the MAC name.

At first I thought this was the equivalent of the founding of the U.N., but it's not.

It has my support as long as it doesn't get freaky.

Also, if you're under the assumption I'm an extremely busy man, I'm not, and I like to work for the MAC's.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Unified Audio Competitions 2007-03-28 21:21:59

In a sense it is the U.N., just MAC is the United States.

Response to Unified Audio Competitions 2007-03-28 21:55:19

At 3/28/07 07:57 PM, Erkie wrote: Essentially, you're asking that MAC become the base and main competition for the AP and AF because it has Tom's support

Well... nobody is asking for the MAC to be the main comp... It sort of just... is.

The reason that I asked to get everyone on the same page was so that we wouldn't find ourselves in a position where three or four contests are all released all at the same time. There really aren't that many people hanging around in here and we can really only support only so many competitions at once. However, there's really no reason why people can't run contests at the same time.

In other words, you're both asking and saying it's OK for any contest out there to propose itself served under the MAC name.

Again - There's no reason why anyone can't get in touch with Rucklo and propose an idea for next months MAC. This works out better because it takes the pressure off of a small group of people to come up with new ideas for the MACs and it also allows for everyone/anyone to potentially have NG sponsor their ideas with prizes which draws more people to the comps.

In theory...

At first I thought this was the equivalent of the founding of the U.N., but it's not.

Not a terrible analogy but probably not the best one either.

It has my support as long as it doesn't get freaky.... I like to work for the MAC's.

Well, I for one would love to talk to you about your future involvement - PM me! If you want to help, there's plenty of backstage work that needs to be done and if we had a few more people to help, it would ease the burden a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to Unified Audio Competitions 2007-03-28 22:57:51

At 3/28/07 09:55 PM, LJCoffee wrote: Well... nobody is asking for the MAC to be the main comp... It sort of just... is.

Hence, my post.

The reason that I asked to get everyone on the same page was so that we wouldn't find ourselves in a position where three or four contests are all released all at the same time. However, there's really no reason why people can't run contests at the same time.

Doesn't seem very LJish to openly contradict yourself for the sake of sounding like a devil's advocate.

Again - There's no reason why anyone can't get in touch with Rucklo and propose an idea for next months MAC. This works out better because it takes the pressure off ---

Yeah yeah yeah that's nice, BUT, this is catering to a small minority. If we're all under the nice little assumption that we "make music for fun", then there's no problem with multiple contests. It's just that one is more materialized then the others, and it'd be nice if the more materialized contest could get the most attention.

Either way, competitions aren't my thing.

Not a terrible analogy but probably not the best one either.

I can explain how that's a bad thing.

PM me!

Well I was waiting for that special little PM of recruitment from the organizer. You know, boost my ego by being the left hand.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Unified Audio Competitions 2007-03-28 23:03:14

At 3/28/07 10:57 PM, Erkie wrote: Doesn't seem very LJish to openly contradict yourself for the sake of sounding like a devil's advocate.

heh.. that's the essence of LJishness... or something....

BBS Signature

Response to Unified Audio Competitions 2007-03-29 14:48:50

I think it's very clear throughout this thread that this is about offering help to contests throughout the audio forum, and the once who've done it before offer to help out with their experience, and ev. contacts with getting a contest made.
There is no reason people can't whip their own contests out, personally I don't mind, but at the same time I care less. What I mean with that is; -A while ago when there was 4 (i think) contests running at the same time, I personally found no interest in viewing them or even finding out what they were about. Of course I did anyway, but there aren't that many ppl in the AF, and the thought with this thread here is that we could co-operate and raise the standard of the contests going on. Take it or leave it, simple as that.

Before the MAC started last year, basicly only two contests were made from start to end. BotAP 05 and March contest 06. A few attempts had been made, but generally ppl were very negative to ppl making contest threads. And sometimes, with all right. I'm just pointing that contrast out.

From the very beginning of MAC, I've stated that there are openings of other people managing OUR "monthly audio contest"(and by "our" I mean everyone who participate, hang out in the AF or just enjoy the show. Everything by everyone, eh?;). This thread is an extenition of that.

It's just contests... making audio and whoring it out is what I'm here for in the first place.

Wakka wakka

Response to Unified Audio Competitions 2007-05-03 00:53:59

does anybody know what kind of contest is happening in May? Perhaps we should start thinking up of ideas?

Response to Unified Audio Competitions 2007-05-03 02:27:37

At 5/3/07 12:53 AM, MaestroRage wrote: does anybody know what kind of contest is happening in May? Perhaps we should start thinking up of ideas?

Next MAC is pretty much done (and have been for a few months), just waiting for the big cheese to give his input...

Wakka wakka

Response to Unified Audio Competitions 2007-05-06 13:19:17

i need something to inspire me or force me to make more songs....

come on poeple make some more competitions!!!!