00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rvillarreal123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need to write

1,884 Views | 31 Replies

I need to write 2007-02-06 20:26:32

a myth. It is for English. It has to explain something. kinda like those Greek ones where they explain fire and the seasons. etc. etc. Give me ideas. Its do tomorrow and haven't started it yet.

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:27:50

you have the ability to make only your toenails spontaneously combust

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:28:49

I got an f- for the myth of the muffin man. you could write about that.

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:30:27

At 2/6/07 08:28 PM, PulpChaos wrote: I got an f- for the myth of the muffin man. you could write about that.

elaborate

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:31:49

The Milky Way was created when The Gods ate too much Chinese food?

PhilipAchapman@gmail.com Add me on MSN

I realise my use of the comma is pretentious as fuck, but it's habit.

Thanks to Mr. MuffDiver for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:32:49

Why Asians aren't hairy.

Why we have a moon.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:43:28

During the 100yrs War (British vs. French), the British had longbows that they plucked with their middle finger, and this reached 250yds away. The French were so afraid of this weapon, everytime they captured a British soldier, they cut off his middle finger so he can't use the bow. So when the French lost, the British had them surrounded and those who had them said "I still 'ave me middle finga!" while flipping them off, and now you know where it comes from.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:44:28

Write a myth that explains the meaning of life.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:44:50

Have you heard of the tale of Alexander Anderson?

Hahahaha, in-joke.

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:45:05

At 2/6/07 08:43 PM, AlexJS wrote: story

lmao did you came up with that. its genius.

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:46:21

K, so this dragon has a baby. The baby leaves its cave before it is ready to fly. Then iit falls and is raised by foxes. Then it kills its own mother. Then the gods kill it for killing its mother and it is sent to the underworld.

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:47:33

At 2/6/07 08:46 PM, American-Chinker wrote: K, so this dragon has a baby. The baby leaves its cave before it is ready to fly. Then iit falls and is raised by foxes. Then it kills its own mother. Then the gods kill it for killing its mother and it is sent to the underworld.

k, but what does this explain? it has to explain something like fire, or the sun something stupid like that.

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:49:04

Write about that time Orion ate that really big steak and got to eat for free because he ate the whole thing.

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:51:07

Write about a guy falling off a plane than lands in a BIg pile of Soda cans

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:51:13

Oh, it has to convey an idea about why something was created a certain way.

Just use an Native American story.

My Native teacher told me a retarded story about why the crow was only black and had not colour, if that'll get you through the writing class.

PhilipAchapman@gmail.com Add me on MSN

I realise my use of the comma is pretentious as fuck, but it's habit.

Thanks to Mr. MuffDiver for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:51:33

At 2/6/07 08:49 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Write about that time Orion ate that really big steak and got to eat for free because he ate the whole thing.

That's nothing on the time Zeus and Alexander Anderson had that drinking contest and Zeus got so wasted that he summoned a level 34 spacturtle to decimate Indochina.

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:52:00

At 2/6/07 08:47 PM, SenorPresidente wrote: k, but what does this explain? it has to explain something like fire, or the sun something stupid like that.

It explains why there are no more dragons. It was the last one.

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:52:45

Make a myth about why birds can fly.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:53:20

At 2/6/07 08:51 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/6/07 08:49 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Write about that time Orion ate that really big steak and got to eat for free because he ate the whole thing.
That's nothing on the time Zeus and Alexander Anderson had that drinking contest and Zeus got so wasted that he summoned a level 34 spacturtle to decimate Indochina.

Oh, yeah. And then that hobo turned Aeris into a dog and he he to do one hundred good deeds to get turned back into a person. Also, he was voiced by Seth Green.

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:53:33

Write a myth about the 7 plagues, except give different explanations as to why it happened

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:54:05

Write a myth about why women menstruate.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:55:12

At 2/6/07 08:53 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Oh, yeah. And then that hobo turned Aeris into a dog and he he to do one hundred good deeds to get turned back into a person. Also, he was voiced by Seth Green.

Yeah, I think Anderson was voiced by Patrick Stewart in that episode.

Patrick doesn't make for a very convincing paladin.

I also hated how the dog got skewered by that annoying femme-boy at the end.

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:55:45

painstakenly written, but i'll allow you to use it

Zeus, the King of the Olympians, was known for his many love affairs. Sometimes the young and beautiful Nymph Echo would distract and amuse his wife Hera with long and entertaining stories, while Zeus took advantage of the moment to ravish the other mountain nymphs. When Hera discovered the trickery she punished the talkative Echo by taking away her voice, except in foolish repetition of another's shouted words. Thus, all Echo could do was repeat the voice of another.

Echo fell in love with a vain youth named Narcissus, who was the son of the blue Nymph Leiriope of Thespia. The River god Cephisus had once encircled Leirope with the windings of his streams, and thus trapping her, had seduced the nymph. Narcissus was their child.

Concerned about the baby's welfare, Leirope went to consult the oracle called Teiresias regarding her son's future. Teiresias told the nymph that Narcissus "would live to a ripe old age, as long as he never knew himself."

Narcissus was beautiful as a child and grew even more so as he matured. By the age of sixteen he had left a trail of broken hearts, from rejected lovers of both sexes. Narcissus wanted nothing to do with falling in love with anyone and rebuffed all attempts at romance.

One day when Narcissus was out hunting stags, Echo stealthily followed the handsome youth through the woods, longing to address him but unable to speak first. When Narcissus finally heard footsteps and shouted "Who's there?", Echo answered "Who's there?" And so it went, until finally Echo showed herself and rushed to embrace the lovely youth.

He pulled away from the nymph and vainly told her to get lost. Narcissus left Echo heartbroken and she spent the rest of her life in lonely glens, pining away for the love she never knew, until only her voice remained.

A man named Ameinius was one of Narcissus' most ardent admirers, and repeatedly vied for his attention. The conceited youth responded by sending his suitor a sword, telling him to prove his adoration. Ameinious proceeded to plunge the sword into his heart, committing suicide to demonstrate his love, but not before he beseeched the gods to punish the vain Narcissus.

The goddess of the hunt, Artemis, heard the plea and made Narcissus fall in love, but a kind a love that couldn't be fulfilled. Narcissus came upon a clear spring at Donacon in Thespia and, as he bent low to take a drink, for the first time caught sight of himself reflected in the pool. Try as he might to touch this exquisite person in the waters, however, he never could.

For hours he sat enraptured by the spring, at last recognizing himself but tortured by the realization that he could never possess the object of his infatuation. Narcissus was tormented, much as he had tormented all those who in the past had been unlucky enough to fall in love with him.

Finally unable to stand the agony Narcissus plunged a dagger in his heart and died, calling out a last goodbye to his reflected image. Where his blood soaked the earth sprung up the white narcissus flower with its red corollary.

Use it, and tell me what grade you get, k?

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:56:36

At 2/6/07 08:55 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/6/07 08:53 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Oh, yeah. And then that hobo turned Aeris into a dog and he he to do one hundred good deeds to get turned back into a person. Also, he was voiced by Seth Green.

100 Deeds For Eddie McDowd?

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 20:58:10

At 2/6/07 08:56 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote:
At 2/6/07 08:55 PM, Gendo wrote:
100 Deeds For Eddie McDowd?

I remember that show.

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 21:01:02

At 2/6/07 08:55 PM, MadCow wrote:

don't wana sound like an ass but thats really good. did you really wrote it? good stuff. i am looking for ideas not for others work. but thanks a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 21:02:23

At 2/6/07 08:56 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: 100 Deeds For Eddie McDowd?

Yep... Poor bastard only made it to 40 good deeds...

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 21:03:33

At 2/6/07 09:02 PM, AshfordPride wrote:
At 2/6/07 08:56 PM, Luxury-Yacht wrote: 100 Deeds For Eddie McDowd?
Yep... Poor bastard only made it to 40 good deeds...

Yeah, sucks that he never succeeded at his task.

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 21:07:00

Write about the time Zeus and Eric the Red were out pillaging the coastal salt mines of China when suddenly Falkor the Luckdragon flies overhead and tells them is they dont give him back his fucking lawnmower then theres gonna be some serious splainin to do, Lucy.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to I need to write 2007-02-06 21:13:07

At 2/6/07 08:55 PM, MadCow wrote:

oh wait thats mean.

BBS Signature