00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kitchenlover99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,526,097 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-29 21:07:12

Holy fuck Rusev's entrance.

This show is amazing.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-29 21:33:13

network getting cancelled

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-29 22:59:47

Flawless. Perfect main event. Sorry I ever doubted Vince, all 3 men looked amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-29 23:02:10

thank fuck reigns didn't go over

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-29 23:14:29

At 3/29/15 10:59 PM, TheMaster wrote: Flawless. Perfect main event. Sorry I ever doubted Vince, all 3 men looked amazing.

Totally agreed. This has to be one of the best Wrestlemanias ever. Very entertaining show from top to bottom. Only thing that irritated me was Big Show winning the Andre the Giant Battle Royale, but that's trivial.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-29 23:26:43

Interesting wm finish. I'm very very surprised reigns didn't go over. And, to have someone who lost their match already that night run away with the world title so suddenly to end the show? I really can't believe they did that. But, hey, I'm always satisfied if I'm surprised, that's why I watch WWE. I give that main event and finish a thumbs up for sure.

Cena vs. Rusev topped the night. I might get some hate for this. Saw some spots from both guys and was overall suspenseful and exciting. Maybe I wasn't expecting too much out of it anyway.

And, Bray vs. Taker showed me that there are worse things than attending my 8AM science classes. That match absolutely sucked in its entirety. I'll be honest, I haven't been impressed with Taker since around '06. His character is unchanged and all of his wrestlemania matches are virtually the same - slow paced with back and fourth finishers and kickouts. No interesting spots, very unexciting and dreadful match, and really not that meaningful at all since his streak broke last year anyway. He needs to retire, because I feel like his matches are kind of just a 20 minute killer every single year. Sorry deadman.

Sting vs HHH was a great match. Cool Triple H entrance with some serious heat and build up. Loved the WWF vs. WCW plot too, even though it feels like they've been recycling history a bit over the years.

Commentators get a 0/10 for the night as usual.

Rock and HHH promo was epic. I'm wondering if Dana White was cool with Ronda doing all that.

Anyway, I know I might get scorched for this, but I actually really liked this wrestlemania. Full of a few surprises and overall good matches, even though I'm probably not allowed to like anything that WWE has to offer if I'm talking on the internet.

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-29 23:39:19

At 3/29/15 11:26 PM, Piemix wrote: Interesting wm finish. I'm very very surprised reigns didn't go over. And, to have someone who lost their match already that night run away with the world title so suddenly to end the show? I really can't believe they did that. But, hey, I'm always satisfied if I'm surprised, that's why I watch WWE. I give that main event and finish a thumbs up for sure.

They did it before with Bret Hart losing in the opening of Wrestlemania X and then winning the title from Yokozuna in the main event of the same show, so I kinda thought it might be coming. I thought it was entertaining as Hell, though. Fantastic swerve to end the show on.

And, Bray vs. Taker showed me that there are worse things than attending my 8AM science classes. That match absolutely sucked in its entirety. I'll be honest, I haven't been impressed with Taker since around '06. His character is unchanged and all of his wrestlemania matches are virtually the same - slow paced with back and fourth finishers and kickouts. No interesting spots, very unexciting and dreadful match, and really not that meaningful at all since his streak broke last year anyway. He needs to retire, because I feel like his matches are kind of just a 20 minute killer every single year. Sorry deadman.

I kinda get what you're saying, but I still think he can be used to help establish newer talents as big deals. I think Bray has been elevated for going toe-to-toe with the man who has beaten HHH, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Batista, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, etc. Plus, I think he can still put on a killer Mania match if he's paired with the right opponent. Remember that classic he had with CM Punk in 2013?

Sting vs HHH was a great match. Cool Triple H entrance with some serious heat and build up. Loved the WWF vs. WCW plot too, even though it feels like they've been recycling history a bit over the years.

Agreed.

Anyway, I know I might get scorched for this, but I actually really liked this wrestlemania. Full of a few surprises and overall good matches, even though I'm probably not allowed to like anything that WWE has to offer if I'm talking on the internet.

Like I've said before, I thought this Wrestlemania was one of the best that WWE has ever done.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-30 00:13:31

At 3/29/15 11:39 PM, ZJ wrote: Like I've said before, I thought this Wrestlemania was one of the best that WWE has ever done.

I'll definitely say. The wrestling was actually great, matches were suspenseful and weren't rushed, full of surprises, not too predictable, crowd was into it - just an overall fun and exciting show. Makes me want to start watching every week again.

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-30 07:17:44

I really enjoyed the show which is a relief considering the build up was awful.

Only a few minor things bothered me.

Wyatt and Undertaker had to make their entrances in daylight which lessened them I think. In fact I think the whole show was lessened a bit by being outdoors but not by much.

Cena wins

Sting match and US title match probably should've switched places on the card

Battle Royal on the pre show, lame

However, there were a lot more DUUUUDESICK moments like that NUTSO RKO, the Superplex from the ladder, Wyatt's entrance and Undertaker's return, the finale, etc.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-30 07:56:30

For as bad as the build was, it was a really good show. How in the fuck does one get the idea to vault off of Randy Orton's head to set himself up for the rko? I need to see that again. Like, if he vaulted off his shoulder yeah I could see it being practiced to the point of a being a comfortable spot to perform, but it sure looked like he jumped onto his head and then vaulted! That was so surreal. And in the ladder match, they dropped a subtle clue that Rollins would cash by having Ambrose incapacitated by falling through the ladder. Ambrose's MO was to always be there to stop Rollins from cashing, and well, he can't do that if he's injured. Considering how poorly Reigns has been received, I think most people expected the cash-in, but it's good to see them covering all the bases on the storylines. Everyone goes home happy: Brass gets Reigns to look strong in defeat while also warding off a fan riot, Brock remains a terrifying force who did not get pinned, Rollins get his time to shine.

They even got a good match out of The Bella Twins. Took them eight years to go from abysmal to "eh, ok". At least Nikki having more of a powerhouse moveset seems to suit her pretty well. I'm still hoping they resign Kia Stevens while Nikki is champion so they can tie up that loose end in a meaningful context. Seeing Alundra Blaze at the HOF was a really cool speech too. I knew she drove monster trucks, but I never knew she won any events, so that was a really cool aside! I was so glad to hear her trash lingerie gimmick matches and give thanks to her time with the AJPW women.

Bray Taker was ok, but the match with Punk was much better in comparison. I didn't expect anything too fancy. I'll probably watch again tomorrow, I was delightfully surprised. Cena pulled a springboard stunner out of his ass too! Just a twinge salty that Cena beat him and not a new star, but I ain't even that mad, Rusev drove a fucking tank and continued to be absolutely baller as fuck.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-30 10:09:07

Solid show. More style than substance, not a whole lot of actual quality wrestling going on, but it was a fun night regardless.

Fatal Four-Way tag match was a very bland affair. We've seen it a million times already. Decent enough action in the ring, and the right team won. Forgettable.

Battle Royal was okay. Would have liked Itami to do more, and Big Show did not need the win at all, but the Miz and Mizdow stuff was good. Just wish they'd given him the win.

Ladder Match was a huge let down, didn't do anything for me at all. Couple of nice spots, but that's all. Will be interesting to see what they do now that the "midcard" titles are on two of their biggest stars.

Orton vs Rollins was match of the night, and the only great in-ring work on the show. Excellent match, and that fucking finish was magical.

HHH vs Sting was a glorious trainwreck. Hilariously stupid from start to finish, it was the best thing they could have done with it. I'll take Russo levels of run ins over watching these guys actually wrestle any day. HHH's entrance was preposterously bad, too, and I loved every second of it.

Diva's match was a pissbreak, as expected. Still doing nothing with the division, and I dread the day the likes of Sasha Banks have to leave NXT to take part in this utter tripe.

Cena vs Rusev was a nice spectacle with some good in ring work to back it up. Cena not coming out riding a giant robotic eagle or dressed like Apollo Creed in Rocky IV mean this gets a 0/10 from me, though.

Undertaker vs Wyatt was dull. Don't think it did Wyatt any favours, Undertaker didn't feel like all that much of an attraction, and the match itself was boring and lifeless.

Main event made the best of a bad situation. Roman looked cool as fuck laughing as Brock beat the shit out of him, and legitimised himself by not stinking up the place in his first real big match. Brock still looks like an unstoppable monster and I have no idea how they're going to make him losing look in the slightest bit believable in the future, Roman looks strong but it feels organic, rather than forced as it would have had he pulled a Cena and just scored a quick win after being beaten on for the whole thing, and Rollins looks like the total weasel he's supposed to. Perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-30 14:27:54

Wrestlemania 31 was awesome!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-03-30 15:12:11

Great event and when Cena and Bryan won the titles I knew something was happening in the main event.

Sting-HHH was great for all the run ins even if Sting lost.

Overall a 8.5/10 for me as the other matches were very good and the entrances were over the top that it was campy.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-04 01:17:04

At 3/30/15 03:12 PM, ToddM wrote: Sting-HHH was great for all the run ins even if Sting lost.

There will be a rematch soon. Sting will get his revenge.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-04 07:34:38

AJ Lee leaves the WWE and retires from wrestling.

Would anyone like to recap the Raw after Wrestlemania for me, by the way?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-04 09:38:00

At 4/4/15 07:34 AM, Radaketor wrote: AJ Lee leaves the WWE and retires from wrestling.

Saw that. Curious if she left because of pressure regarding the status of her husband or if it was due to her wanting to have kids. Hell, she might actually have been forced to retire due to legit injuries.

Would anyone like to recap the Raw after Wrestlemania for me, by the way?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe-raw/2015/3/31/8317879/wwe-raw-results-recap-reactions-mar-30-2015-brock-lesnar-is-god

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-05 11:52:28

At 4/4/15 07:34 AM, Radaketor wrote: AJ Lee leaves the WWE and retires from wrestling.

She was one of the Divas that was not half bad. Maybe she will go to TNA?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-15 05:55:08

There was a rowdy crowd in the Smackdown UK taping, three fans managed to invade the ring.

"Before the main event started, there was some notable crowd trouble. Three fans jumped the ringside and proceeded to do some spots in the ring. One fan hit the other with a Rock bottom. They were quickly tackled by security, who were said to be rough in manhandling them out."

Video.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-18 07:24:14

Whatever happened to Brad Maddox?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-18 15:53:42

At 4/18/15 07:24 AM, Radaketor wrote: Whatever happened to Brad Maddox?

He popped up on Raw just a couple of weeks back.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-18 18:51:32

Are you a fan on him? I never thought much of him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-18 21:32:35

At 4/18/15 06:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Are you a fan on him? I never thought much of him.

He can be mildly entertaining when given the chance.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-19 15:01:45 (edited 2015-04-19 15:02:02)

Hey, I've heard conflicting reports as to whether or not Christian is actually retired. Some sites say he has and others say he hasn't. Anybody know what the status is on that?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-20 06:32:42

At 4/19/15 03:01 PM, dmitri1337 wrote: Hey, I've heard conflicting reports as to whether or not Christian is actually retired. Some sites say he has and others say he hasn't. Anybody know what the status is on that?

He's retired.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-20 14:24:58

Christian is retired.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-20 17:42:41

At 4/20/15 06:32 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 4/19/15 03:01 PM, dmitri1337 wrote: Hey, I've heard conflicting reports as to whether or not Christian is actually retired. Some sites say he has and others say he hasn't. Anybody know what the status is on that?
He's retired.

Ok, cool. Thanks man.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-22 20:10:27

WWE decided after multiple concussions, it was best for them and more importantly for Christian's safety and health if he just retired. I think once he weighed his options and realized his ceiling was limited and all that he agreed.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-23 17:31:52

You think you're ready for the big time!?

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-23 19:43:27

I think I accidentally got my friend into wrestling and I don't know where to tell him to begin other than some favorite matches and maybe trying to keep up on the weekly shows

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-04-23 20:33:52

At 4/23/15 05:31 PM, Grub-Xer0 wrote: You think you're ready for the big time!?

Get ready to take an Unreal Elbow and the 1-2-3 to lose that belt, Grub!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature