00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OneCardPony just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,527,695 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-25 19:41:10

Kick off match was actually pretty good. Crowd seems hot, too.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-25 21:13:56

Anyone else hoping for Seth vs Bryan at Mania for the title?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-25 21:37:25

That fucking Phoenix Splash, though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-25 21:44:02

Bubba Ray in the Rumble!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-25 22:38:30

They've fucked it. Wrestling is terrible.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-25 22:45:53

At 1/25/15 10:38 PM, TheMaster wrote: They've fucked it. Wrestling is terrible.

I can't say it any better than this guy did:

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-25 22:53:07

What the fuck was the point in eliminating Bryan?
What the fuck was the point of putting Ziggler as number 30 and not have him win the match? And why was he eliminated so easily when he endured during Survivor Series?
What was the fucking point in putting O'Neil in the Rumble for only 4 seconds?
What was the point in not eliminating Rusev for so long and then at the end when it seems like he can pull off the most redeeming thing in the whole Royal Rumble match having him get eliminated by Super Reigns?

The only things i liked about the PPV were The Ascension win, the Triple Threat match and Kane achieving the elimination record.

The past Rumble matches have been very disappointing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-26 00:30:43

i think curtis axel is about to set the record for longest amount of time in the royal rumble

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-26 04:02:18

I cheered so hard when Bubba came out, and then it was all downhill from there. I would be less upset if Bryan was in the final four, but because they knocked him off so early, the rest of the match, the guys had to work through so many boos. And now it seems that it is Rusev's turn to join the buried by Cena club.

On a positive note, the title match was so great. More Rollins in everything please.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-26 10:10:12

At 1/26/15 12:30 AM, FRAYDO wrote: i think curtis axel is about to set the record for longest amount of time in the royal rumble

Did Roman step over the top rope when he left? If so, Axel technically won the rumble.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-26 17:13:37

The Triple Threat match was great too bad the Rumble ending was bad enough to cancel it out

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-01-26 19:48:11

Folks, I've got Vince Mcmahon on the line here to answer your questions about the PPV.

Me: Vince, are you there sir?

Vince: heh heh, yeah I'm here pal. Lets just get to these stupid marks' questions.

At 1/25/15 10:53 PM, Radaketor wrote: What the fuck was the point in eliminating Bryan?

Vince: BECAUSE HE'S A B PLUS!!! Because he's one of those indy guys that weighs a buck fifty and he's scruffy, he sucks! You're lucky I don't fire him!

What the fuck was the point of putting Ziggler as number 30 and not have him win the match? And why was he eliminated so easily when he endured during Survivor Series?

Vince: Because he's just a jabroni like that Daniel Bryan guy. I know better then everyone, now buy the network for 9.99 or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

What was the fucking point in putting O'Neil in the Rumble for only 4 seconds?

Vince: Because it's funny to my grand kids! It's funny!

What was the point in not eliminating Rusev for so long and then at the end when it seems like he can pull off the most redeeming thing in the whole Royal Rumble match having him get eliminated by Super Reigns?

Vince: Because Reigns is the greatest thing ever! You stupid marks just need to shut up and enjoy my genius creative work! I am the king maker!

There you go. All these things happened because Vince, in his hubris, continues to refuse to give the audience what they want. The sad part is Reigns did nothing wrong here, he's done everything he's been asked to do, he's trying, but Vince McMahon asked him to get in there and outshine the guy that the audience is just absolutely in love with and who they want to see finally beat the bad guys and get his moment in the sun. Poor guy never had a prayer.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-04 05:21:05

I want Orton! I just hope he makes his return before Wrestlemania 31.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-04 13:30:49 (edited 2015-02-04 13:31:13)

You guys catch the Austin podcast with HHH?

All-in-all a good interview where you get a glimpse of HHH's actual business sense and personal character. Without throwing anyone under the bus, he kind of nods that he agrees a bit with what fans want out of WWE.

He was asked about how they push people and the spot Roman Reigns is in now, and he talks a bit about how they have long term plans that they massage based on the audience response.

If you read between the lines, it sounds like Bryan is going to try his best to get Reigns over before Mania. It's a smart call because it gives fans what they way, seeing Bryan take a shot at the main event again, but also giving Reigns an amazing chance to legitimize himself.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-04 13:49:27

At 2/4/15 01:30 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: If you read between the lines, it sounds like Bryan is going to try his best to get Reigns over before Mania. It's a smart call because it gives fans what they way, seeing Bryan take a shot at the main event again, but also giving Reigns an amazing chance to legitimize himself.

The danger is whether having him go over Bryan will accidentally turn him heel.

What then? Turn Brock face? Heel vs heel in the main event? Just ignore it and have him be a John Cena?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-04 15:13:17

At 2/4/15 01:49 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 2/4/15 01:30 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: If you read between the lines, it sounds like Bryan is going to try his best to get Reigns over before Mania. It's a smart call because it gives fans what they way, seeing Bryan take a shot at the main event again, but also giving Reigns an amazing chance to legitimize himself.
The danger is whether having him go over Bryan will accidentally turn him heel.

What then? Turn Brock face? Heel vs heel in the main event? Just ignore it and have him be a John Cena?

Actually, it's possible Roman goes over and Bryan goes heel for a run. A Daniel Bryan with a chip on his shoulder could make for a VERY compelling heel. Plus, his wife is in heel mode too, so that could come more into play as well. Being a heel champion could be good for him overall since heels don't have to do as much of the high flying fast paces stuff. Could give his damn neck a bit of a break, vs just breaking it.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-04 15:48:25

At 2/4/15 03:13 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Actually, it's possible Roman goes over and Bryan goes heel for a run. A Daniel Bryan with a chip on his shoulder could make for a VERY compelling heel. Plus, his wife is in heel mode too, so that could come more into play as well. Being a heel champion could be good for him overall since heels don't have to do as much of the high flying fast paces stuff. Could give his damn neck a bit of a break, vs just breaking it.

I'm all for heel Bryan, I really enjoyed his tweener shit with Team Hell No where he was just super mad all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-04 22:43:19

At 2/4/15 03:48 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm all for heel Bryan, I really enjoyed his tweener shit with Team Hell No where he was just super mad all the time.

I don't think the fans would allow the turn, like they didn't with Austin years ago when they tried that. WWE really put themselves in a bad position here. Bryan shouldn't have been brought back before Fast Lane honesty if there was no plan to use him as champion for a bit before putting it onto Reigns. The other thing here no one seems to be talking about (because maybe people haven't considered it, I dunno) is what all this does to Seth Rollins and his place. Rollins only has a few months left to cash in the contract, and with all the momentum he's built up it needs to be a successful one. With the Reigns/Bryan/Lesnar drama at the top it seems like Rollins may be somewhat lost in the shuffle, or wind up in a situation where he's simply cashing in and winning only to turn around and lose shortly after just to tie that story off. My feeling before he latest debacle happened with Bryan was the best thing WWE could most likely do would be to have Reigns beat Lesnar decisively at Mania in a hard fought, brutal match up, and then have Rollins pick the bones and "steal his moment" and then work a cat and mouse chase culminating at Summerslam where Reigns wins the belt back again. With Bryan back and the audience once again unhappy their pick isn't getting the spotlight I have serious doubts this simple, logical storyline would even have a hope of working now.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-05 10:03:50

At 2/4/15 01:30 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Bryan is going to try his best to get Reigns over before Mania.

Reigns is gonna get booed no matter what, the fans love Bryan so if he loses against Reigns i expect Daniel Bryan chants in every WWE show for a long time.
Or they could have Daniel defeat Reigns and get into the WrestleMania Main Event, turning Reigns heel and have him demand to be in the Main Event as well.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-05 13:58:48

Was that Balor teasing a Bloody Sunday on NXT after Itami teased the GTS again?

God damn it NXT stop getting me so hype my heart can't take it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-06 19:54:24

At 2/4/15 01:30 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: You guys catch the Austin podcast with HHH?

Yup.

All-in-all a good interview where you get a glimpse of HHH's actual business sense and personal character. Without throwing anyone under the bus, he kind of nods that he agrees a bit with what fans want out of WWE.

Agreed, I think he also makes a good case for why they sometimes do things that aggravate the "smart" fans and was very honest in how hard it is to book a product that that crowd won't hate while still being able to appeal to the mass audience. I think he kind of inadvertently pointed out something that gets touched on a lot, in that WWE really has a bit of an identity crisis right now in that they're trying so hard to appeal to everybody they wind up appealing to very few and even then they lose some who just throw up their hands and give up.

He was asked about how they push people and the spot Roman Reigns is in now, and he talks a bit about how they have long term plans that they massage based on the audience response.

They do, but there are also times where Vince digs his heels in and says "this is what we're doing, the end!" or will deliberately do things to needle talent or piss off segments of the audience. But I really don't expect H as an officer of the company to ever admit to that, nor should he do that. I would of course appreciate the brutal honesty on the one hand but have to admit on the other that he really didn't do right by the company that has literally given him everything he has in life right now.

If you read between the lines, it sounds like Bryan is going to try his best to get Reigns over before Mania. It's a smart call because it gives fans what they way, seeing Bryan take a shot at the main event again, but also giving Reigns an amazing chance to legitimize himself.

It does, but will it work? That's the thing to me. Is the audience ready and willing to hear them out so to speak, on any outcome that isn't Daniel Bryan defeating Brock Lesnar for the title? I'm not sure. I caught their segment on SD! last night and it felt like a pretty evenly split crowd. I really do hope they can salvage this, Reigns has great potential and he certainly has that "something" that grabs your attention. It'd be a shame to have him wind up on the "what might have been" pile.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-08 01:14:01

At 2/7/15 04:15 AM, Austerity wrote: Look who's been training to make his WWE debut

This is a joke right? WWE does not need another fake rapper.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-09 15:29:49

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-11 11:53:28

At 2/9/15 03:29 PM, Radaketor wrote: Daniel Bryan may be added to the Main Event of WrestleMania.

I am over Daniel Bryan. He had a nice run, but I have grown tired of him. I no longer fear the beard. However, he is still better than John Cena.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-12 16:12:29

NXT Rival was only good, which means it was a crushing disappointment after REvolution was one of the best things ever made by a human.

Itami vs Breeze was good, but we've seen it before. Itami powering through the leg Breeze had been working to fucking kick him to death was a great ending, but they're still being a cocktease about that GTS. Would be surprised if we see it before the next special now.

Dempsey vs Corbin was short, which is about the best you could have hoped it would be. Both guys are still finding their feet and look super green outside of the squash mashes they've been in previously. Final spot was BEGGING for that Fall of Man to land on the chair Corbin had just taken off Dempsey, to the extent that I'm not sure if they botched when they missed it.

Blake and Murphy vs The Lucha Dragons was a trainwreck. No idea what happened here, because they had a decent match on TV just a couple of weeks ago. Never got any momentum going, didn't flow and was just generally sloppy. Real shame.

Balor vs Neville was great, probably match of the night. Balor hit that reverse Bloody Sunday he'd teased last week, he did that sick dropkick he used against Itami again, and they honestly had be doubting he was walking out of there with that title shot, even though he seemed like a lock going in. Roll on Balor vs Owens.

Charlotte vs Banks vs Bayley vs Lynch was really good too. Angry Bayley is super fun, Corey Graves getting mad at Becky Lynch on commentary is my new favourite thing about NXT, and THE BOSS finally has her championship and is so fucking cool. Could have done with going another 5 minutes.

Zayn vs Owens did its job, but I'd still rather have seen a proper match. Comparisons to Lesnar and Cena are obvious, and it may have had more impact had we not just seen that last year. Wasn't particularly entertaining to watch, but then again I don't think seeing Zayn being powerbombed to death was supposed to be.

Owens looks like a monster, he's won his first championship by knockout (KO - get it?), and looked like a total prick doing it. Zayn put on a masterclass in how to sell, and the last few minutes of that match were genuinely uncomfortable to watch, because he looked like he was actually dying. The feeble kickout after that second pop-up powerbomb was heartbreaking.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-17 00:52:23

I'm actually feeling pretty good about the Fastlane PPV on Sunday. They haven't totally billed Reigns as a John Cena type babyface in the last few Raws, so I feel like there's hope that D-Bry won't lose cleanly and get shit on by Roman and Vince...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-17 10:56:09 (edited 2015-02-17 10:56:47)

At 2/17/15 12:52 AM, ZJ wrote: I'm actually feeling pretty good about the Fastlane PPV on Sunday. They haven't totally billed Reigns as a John Cena type babyface in the last few Raws, so I feel like there's hope that D-Bry won't lose cleanly and get shit on by Roman and Vince...

I gotta say, I was pretty impressed with the in-ring storytelling from both Reigns and Bryan in the Smackdown Tag Team Turmoil.

I feel like maybe Reigns could be the guy they want if they can drop the generic enforcer character he's played since the shield. I kinda feel like he's really kind of a softy and a bit of a nerd at heart vs a menacing tough guy. If he was allowed to be more himself you woul dthink he might actually resonate with fans a lot more. Especially since fans seem to want that every-man hero nowadays.

Having his family spun into his character may be the start of that, with the Rock and the Uso's relationship to him being displayed so publicly. Of course, that could just be a cheap way to build a Rock vs HHH match at Mania, with the Uso's and Reigns forming a faction later on, vs making Reigns a stronger character.

At any rate, it feels like Fastlane will be a lot like last year's Elimination Chamber where they pull out some great storytelling to salvage Wrestlemania sales, so everyone is going to shop up with their A-game.

Cena doesn't really have a real opponent for Mania yet, so I'm wondering if he's due for some recovery time. If so, we might actually see Rusev go over on Sunday. Regardless of the outcome, it's going to be Rusev's last chance to prove he can hang as a top heel I think. His future is going to come down to how well Cena sells. Poor Rusev...

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-17 11:51:48

At 2/17/15 10:56 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
Cena doesn't really have a real opponent for Mania yet, so I'm wondering if he's due for some recovery time. If so, we might actually see Rusev go over on Sunday. Regardless of the outcome, it's going to be Rusev's last chance to prove he can hang as a top heel I think. His future is going to come down to how well Cena sells. Poor Rusev...

Probably ends up being some sort of schmozz, rematch at WM, then cenawinslol.jpg

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-17 15:10:46

At 2/17/15 11:51 AM, jonthomson wrote: Probably ends up being some sort of schmozz, rematch at WM, then cenawinslol.jpg

When will they promote the next guy, and let Cena fade into the background?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2015-02-18 06:38:37

At 2/17/15 03:10 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: When will they promote the next guy, and let Cena fade into the background?

When he retires, stops being the biggest merchandise seller or when the kiddies get bored of him.

BBS Signature