00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,519,075 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-23 09:04:27

A happy belated Gooker day everyone! Now then..

At 11/21/12 10:49 PM, mothballs wrote:
I'm beginning to remember why I got so sick of JBL on commentary.....although I should probably just be thankful that Cole's a face again.

Cole as a face? Nah. I can buy that he will chance the way he comments on things to reflect it, but even when he did that years ago people still hated the guy.

JBL is an amazing commentator. The guy really knows how to do that job, and I couldn't be happier that he took Booker's place. Booker was awful at commentary.

Gotta agree there. I like Booker and all but his commentary left a lot to be desired. JBL has always been a solid guy on the mic so it makes sense for him to be in that job.

A Miz face turn? I never thought that would happen since he plays a heel so well.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-24 01:59:38

JBL's constant belittling of Josh Matthews gets really old for me real fast. I'm fine with the occasional jab but it seems like a good portion of his commentary is calling Josh an idiot in different ways. I'm fine with the rest of his commentary abilities and I get that he is supposed to be a bully, but he goes a little over board for my tastes.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-26 19:56:21

At 11/24/12 01:59 AM, boloneyman wrote: JBL's constant belittling of Josh Matthews gets really old for me real fast. I'm fine with the occasional jab but it seems like a good portion of his commentary is calling Josh an idiot in different ways. I'm fine with the rest of his commentary abilities and I get that he is supposed to be a bully, but he goes a little over board for my tastes.

^THIS. This is my #1 problem with him; whoever is stuck next to him will mostly spend the whole night dealing with his crap. Yes, JBL is quite knowledgable, but his constant belittling of whoever he's working with at the time gets really, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally fucking old quick.

Which is why I feel bad for Striker right now; he was as knowledgable as JBL on commentary, MINUS all the belittling.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-27 09:21:02

The ending to RAW was the same as last week pretty much. This is getting pretty old guys. Also these three say that they're not with Punk, but come on... we all know that is a load of crap. Unless they pull something interesting with this, it's not gonna go anywhere.

Also, The Shield? Really? That's the best you could come up with?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-27 15:40:54

At 11/24/12 01:59 AM, boloneyman wrote: JBL's constant belittling of Josh Matthews gets really old for me real fast. I'm fine with the occasional jab but it seems like a good portion of his commentary is calling Josh an idiot in different ways. I'm fine with the rest of his commentary abilities and I get that he is supposed to be a bully, but he goes a little over board for my tastes.

I think it's hilarious, I laugh so fucking hard every time he rips on Josh Matthews

also Umaga is officially returning to the WWE tonight

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-28 14:27:52

At 11/21/12 09:28 PM, Swackman wrote: While Heyman did make a good point Monday, as he often does, the mocking of Lawler - mainly the extent of it - was going way too far. The fact that both Punk & Lawler obviously agreed to go through with it makes me once again question their judgment.

lol @ WWE universe that can't handle heel pipebombs.

Seriously, people complain they want the attitude era back so bad and then when Punk shoots a controversial angle that Lawler probably agreed to shooting to enhance Punk as a heel and get him over, they complain even more. I personally found it ingenious. That's what sports entertainment is about, surprises, shockers and outrageous promos.

Hooray for the NEVER SATISFIED WWE fans.

This Cena - AJ angle is alright, but it's kind of redundant being that creative successfully convinced the fans that AJ is a total backstage slut, and using this storyline as a reason to keep Cena on TV because of his injury kind of bothers me. Give him a month or two off, hell give him 4 months and re-invent him and make him special again when he returns.

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-28 14:29:02

At 11/27/12 06:28 PM, bhsqad15 wrote:
At 11/27/12 03:40 PM, mothballs wrote:
also Umaga is officially returning to the WWE tonight
umaga's been dead for almost 3 years

They need to push Umaga with a zombie gimmick

It's never too late to become a legend

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-29 00:34:14

At 11/28/12 09:03 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: John Cena defeated Damien Sandow on main event

Next Week On main event Kofi Kingston will face Antonio Cesaro

Thank you, bhsqad15, for the consistent updates and news ITT.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-29 10:56:31

At 11/28/12 02:29 PM, Piemix wrote: They need to push Umaga with a zombie gimmick
It's never too late to become a legend

Yeah! A zombie gimmick! Because the kids love zombies these days! That is the demographic we're trying to pull in with this PG rating. As you constantly throw up how awesome the attitude era was with the flashy TV 14 logo in different commercials. Are you just cockslapping us now WWE?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-30 11:38:06

At 11/29/12 10:56 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Yeah! A zombie gimmick! Because the kids love zombies these days! That is the demographic we're trying to pull in with this PG rating. As you constantly throw up how awesome the attitude era was with the flashy TV 14 logo in different commercials. Are you just cockslapping us now WWE?

hahahahahahahahahaha

it's just so accurate

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-01 20:03:06

At 12/1/12 12:07 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Just got back from watching a WWE RAW house show. Was quite fun watching AJ, CM Punk, Hell No, and Ziggler live.

I would never go to a house show. I did when I was 11 or 12 and I believe that was my first show.

Kind of like going to Smackdown. Useless waste of time

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-02 10:21:41

At 11/27/12 03:40 PM, mothballs wrote: also Umaga is officially returning to the WWE tonight

WTF, didn't Umaga die a few years ago?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-02 14:20:37

So it's official that Chris Benoit is going to be making his return to the WWE tomorrow night. I can't wait! It's rumored that he's going to be facing Eddie Guerrero in no DQ match. Who do you think will win this thing if it happens?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-04 00:29:54

I wonder if there were any male wrestlers who battled against the opposite gender and ejaculated during the match.

Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-04 10:56:28

At 12/4/12 12:29 AM, dreaming-loudly wrote: I wonder if there were any male wrestlers who battled against the opposite gender and ejaculated during the match.

I think that's what happened in a match between Snitsky and Batista

Both men wanted to fuck each other so bad so Batista kept putting Snitsky in the powerbomb position and eventually both were suspended for a while for unprofessional conduct.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-04 14:47:14

CM Punk undergoing knee surgery

Please tell me this isn't happening

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-04 20:08:32

At 12/4/12 03:06 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 12/4/12 02:47 PM, Piemix wrote: CM Punk undergoing knee surgery

Please tell me this isn't happening
Ouch. Wonder what the story excuse plot for the surgery will be. Possibly having to give up the title?

I'm really hoping not. A lot of people are saying Punk was working through injury for some time, but the update is that WWE is expecting a full recovery in time for TLC.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-05 21:22:33

Why is Ryback such a Goldberg ripoff

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-06 14:27:11

At 12/5/12 09:22 PM, mothballs wrote: Why is Ryback such a Goldberg ripoff

He's really not. Everyone says he's a Goldberg ripoff... why? Because he's bald and has facial hair? He simply looks like him?

Ryback's has his own gimmick, catchphrase, and wrestling style different from Goldberg, yet the trend that he's a cheap ripoff of him really does bother me. Especially the fact that they blame Ryback for botching his finisher, and that Goldberg is stronger and much better, though I'd fucking love to see Goldberg do Ryback's finisher to Tensai - it's a hard finisher. Way harder than the jackhammer, anyway.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-07 03:33:07

At 12/6/12 02:27 PM, Piemix wrote: Ryback's has his own gimmick, catchphrase, and wrestling style different from Goldberg, yet the trend that he's a cheap ripoff of him really does bother me. Especially the fact that they blame Ryback for botching his finisher, and that Goldberg is stronger and much better, though I'd fucking love to see Goldberg do Ryback's finisher to Tensai - it's a hard finisher. Way harder than the jackhammer, anyway.

Agreed. Ryback is certainly not a Goldberg ripoff. I can see why people might think that, because it has been quite a while since we have had a wrestler with that It factor to them. I mean, just look at how popular Ryback got in such a short time frame.

As far as his finisher goes, the Jackhammer is still very impressive to me, especially when Goldberg did it to the Big Show (The Giant) on WCW.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-07 12:36:50

The only difference between Ryback and Goldberg is that Ryback doesn't suck

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-08 12:38:44

At 12/7/12 12:36 PM, mothballs wrote: The only difference between Ryback and Goldberg is that Ryback doesn't suck

Oh look, we have got someone who does not suck! Bet that Vince will destroy his push by making him job to his golden boy Cena at WM.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-08 14:41:25

At 12/8/12 12:38 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 12/7/12 12:36 PM, mothballs wrote: The only difference between Ryback and Goldberg is that Ryback doesn't suck
Oh look, we have got someone who does not suck! Bet that Vince will destroy his push by making him job to his golden boy Cena at WM.

Ryback is being used as a filler right now so that they can waste PPVs and title defenses for Punk's reign to last at least until the Royal Rumble. At the same time, they're making Ryback look good. What I don't understand is, why can't they make Punk look like a worthy champion rather than someone who constantly needs to cheat to win? He's been winning clean on title defenses most of his reign, and now all of a sudden he can't win clean because he's heel? Give me a break. You're better off making him look great for the Rock in January.

Instead of creative counting days and mentioning statistics of how long the fucking reign is maybe they should focus on making creative and interesting storylines and plots, because this whole days as WWE champion bullshit is only weakening the reign. Make it interesting. I can't remember one reign in history where they went apeshit about the numebr of days week after week after week.

Which is one of the reasons I really, really like the idea of the Shield. A simple yet effective rebellious stable almost certain to bring ratings up. The new evil force of the company. Hope WWE doesn't fuck this up and use them to put guys over.

Cena possibly winning Dolph's MITB briefcase at TLC, no surprise there. It's not that they don't know what to do with Ziggler at this point, he's clearly championship material, but it's just not the right time right now. It's Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania time, and Cena losing his first briefcase and now possibly getting another might make for an interesting plot.

Then again, they could undo this by handing Cena the briefcase and having Ziggler win the RR, since Cena's already won one already. I'm sure Ziggler is ready to main event Wrestlemania for the world title.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-08 14:44:08

At 12/7/12 03:33 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Agreed. Ryback is certainly not a Goldberg ripoff. I can see why people might think that, because it has been quite a while since we have had a wrestler with that It factor to them. I mean, just look at how popular Ryback got in such a short time frame.

One other thing, Goldberg is not the first one to put on a dominant win streak. That being said, the fact that Ryback is being compared to such is because they look alike and both have win streaks. If you really visualize it, though, Ryback is his own character, as is Goldberg.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-08 14:45:21

At 12/8/12 01:29 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: Shouldn't CM punk vacate the title because he is injured?

Typically that would probably happen, but after the build up to the Royal Rumble match and the constant reminder of how long Punk's reign is, they want to keep it on him at least until the Rumble.

I find interesting that Punk was injured at the same point in his reign as Cena did back when he had the belt for a year.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-10 18:20:32

I always thought Goldberg was overhyped. Sure he was able to draw a crowd so I'm not going to take that away from him but on a skill level he didn't impress me much. And while I'm not one to hold a grudge and it was an accident he is still the guy who forced Brett Hart to retire due to an injury.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-11 00:11:46

At 12/10/12 06:20 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I always thought Goldberg was overhyped. Sure he was able to draw a crowd so I'm not going to take that away from him but on a skill level he didn't impress me much. And while I'm not one to hold a grudge and it was an accident he is still the guy who forced Brett Hart to retire due to an injury.

Yeah, it bothers me how guys with real talent like Rey Mysterio always wrestled midcard while Nash and Goldberg were at the top of the card in WCW.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-11 14:51:54

At 12/10/12 06:20 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I always thought Goldberg was overhyped. Sure he was able to draw a crowd so I'm not going to take that away from him but on a skill level he didn't impress me much. And while I'm not one to hold a grudge and it was an accident he is still the guy who forced Brett Hart to retire due to an injury.

He was a great athlete but a terrible in-ring performer. I felt like he couldn't put together a match for his life. He also never put anyone over. I think Ryback was being completely truthful and hoenst in his comments towards Goldberg when he said that Goldberg only wrestled for a paycheck - you knew that he didn't really give a shit about the company and only went in there to get his paycheck and leave.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-11 15:05:22

At 12/8/12 02:44 PM, Piemix wrote: If you really visualize it, though, Ryback is his own character, as is Goldberg.

Yes! Thank You!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-12-12 08:27:19

Can someone tell me why is randy orton a mid carder, Back then he was beating john cena for the WWE title but now he is losing to guys like dolph ziggler and wade barrett