00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,528,859 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-01 10:33:02

At 10/1/12 12:41 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 9/29/12 06:23 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Thus the reason why women's wrestling is failing.
Women's wrestling really died about 50 years ago or so...it's just have brief flashes of having somewhat of a place on shows, but in terms of actually being a draw or something that well and truly matters? No, 50 years or so at best. That's not to say there weren't some great talents since...just that it sadly wasn't their ability that was keeping any interest.

They should just take it down altogether. Divas and sex appeal have no place on a PG show, which offers an entirely different target market. WWE is hiring models and having them have one 30 second match every now and then on raw. Its absolutely no secret to anyone that the divas division is total garbage, even the fucking 3 year olds with their immigrant parents couldnt give a fuck less about layla's title reign. She rarely was even put on television. I dont think a lot of people even knew she was champion. Thats just scary.

As for beth, wwe is not the right place for her. She should just quit, unless shes satisfied making money to fly over for.shows and sit around and do nothing.

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-01 12:23:56

At 10/1/12 08:00 AM, Wavepad wrote: Kelly Kelly was the only good one until they cut her off for a while.

Come on Wavepad, Kelly Kelly was not one of the good ones. As a Diva for just getting that sex appeal, yeah she did that really well, but as far as wrestling goes, she was amateur at best.

Unless we have actual wrestling nobody is gonna care about the Divas division like they did back when we had Molly Holly, Trish Stratus, Lita, Mickie James, and Melina. The women's division is garbage nowadays.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-01 14:01:54

At 10/1/12 08:00 AM, Wavepad wrote:
What are you talking about?Yeah there was great divas like Lita,Mickie James,and Trish.
I don't know if your trying to insult or just trying to prove a point.Well there both not working.
Kelly Kelly was the only good one until they cut her off for a while.Then AJ took over with her
oddness.Also your insults disgust me.

I am trying to do both. Watch any Kelly Kelly match and look for moments where she "bounces" of the ropes. She slows down an practically stops, then will just tap the ropes with her back and start running forward again. Now compare that to any other Diva or wrestler and note how they are able to do the whole movement without slowing down. It is called running the ropes and is one of the first things wrestlers learn how to do when training.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-01 20:09:54

At 10/1/12 10:33 AM, Piemix wrote: Divas and sex appeal have no place on a PG show,

I don't entirely agree. I think they CAN have a place, I think they just don't right now because WWE is only focused on the cosmetic aspect of them, and will not get great workers in there. They have a certain "look" they want, and when they don't find that, they fire the girls. It's absolutely a shame as their are lots of pretty girls on the indies who can also work that might be able to bring something unique to the shows, but WWE is not interested whatsoever it seems.

As for beth, wwe is not the right place for her. She should just quit, unless shes satisfied making money to fly over for.shows and sit around and do nothing.

Funny you mention that...lol

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-02 11:37:10

At 10/1/12 08:09 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 10/1/12 10:33 AM, Piemix wrote: As for beth, wwe is not the right place for her. She should just quit, unless shes satisfied making money to fly over for.shows and sit around and do nothing.
Funny you mention that...lol

her talents are worth more than the WWE's diva division. TNA would even do a better job with her.

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-06 18:30:56

At 10/3/12 09:37 PM, JohnCena423 wrote: Daivari subdues a train passenger

Never herd of Daivari.

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-07 19:38:49

Before I try to make up for roughly 2 weeks of commentary, I thought I get the backlog of responding out of the way:

At 9/14/12 06:18 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: NO MORE SHITTING ON COLE FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!

Indeed. While Friday showed us he's still a tweener, he's toned down a great deal. Hell, even before Lawler's emergency, he was being toned down; it's just that Real Life Writes The Plot sped up the process a tad.

Also, he called a Sidewalk Slam correctly! Progress!

I didn't notice. I think either him or JBL actually called a Scoop Slam correctly, too........somebody did, anyway.......

And yeah, very srs and horrible thing that happened to King, glad he's doing alright. IMHO his commentary hasn't been good lately, but yeah, he's Jerry Lawler.

While his jokes have gotten stale, the fact that he put on a good match when he's ONLY TWO YEARS YOUNGER THAN VINCE (which I didn't know until this happened) is more than enough to earn my respect.

I did laugh at his "having more wires in him than AT&T" comment. :P Eeeeeehhhhhh..........

At 9/16/12 12:19 PM, Piemix wrote:
At 9/15/12 06:30 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 9/14/12 08:35 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Nice way of eating healthy after a heart attack Jerry Loller
Well Saturated Fats like in that piece of meat there are good for the heart.

.....I thought red meat was the opposite......but I digress.

but what's with the coke? lol

Diet Coke, in exchange for regular food. :P

At 9/17/12 03:03 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 9/17/12 12:31 AM, SCTE3 wrote: I imagine if he is it is only temporary since Lawler is pretty much a face commentator.
To be honest I think I'm over the whole "face" and "heel" commentator dynamic, or if you HAVE to do it, it should be the color guy that's the heel. The over the top way Cole has played his character, which really harkens back to attempts to turn JR meeting with basically the same result destroys any credibility he has as a play by play guy. If play by play guys MUST be characters, they need to be babyfaces so as to act as presumable audience avatars, and a voice of reason within the chaos or dastardly acts that sometimes happen in wrestling.

WWE should take this opportunity to "reset" Michael Cole back to the face commentator he used to be...he wasn't always good, but he wasn't as consistently crap and distracting as he has been the last couple years.

Agreed. He was forced to say/do some really stupid shit, but he's great at play-by-play - barring the running NAME THAT SLAM gag.

WWE should've learned that X-Pac Heat is a BAD thing the FIRST time they used it......

At 9/20/12 04:42 PM, Piemix wrote:
At 9/17/12 09:41 PM, SCTE3 wrote: As for Ryback and Subway... I guess Ryback really likes his sub sandwiches.
Guys, I encourage you all to watch this video. It's amazing and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Good lord, his metabolism is more insane than Michael Phelps........ o_O It's not uncommon, however, and taking his built-like-a-brick-shithouse physique into account, I'm really not surprised. (The commentators have mentioned his eating habits a few times, actually, but I didn't know they were for real until now.)

Also, a partial explanation to his current ring name (a pun on his real one, obviously)......and now calling him Skip feels awkward.......

At 9/25/12 12:55 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 9/24/12 09:27 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Was it just me or were there suddenly two people in the ring during the Ryback vs. Miz match?
looked like they might have been trying to crawl in for a glimpse of a second
Yeah there was a guy (the one with his pants down low) and the other guy in the black shirt was security.

Yeah, I saw that, and I was like "The fuck was that!?", since Josh & Cole ignored it.

At 9/25/12 09:27 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 9/25/12 07:37 PM, Piemix wrote: That 15 seconds for that fan turned into years of being locked up. Stupid.
and lmao really? i hear batista is a dick in real life, please elaborate
Here it is!

Lolol...oh lordy.

At 9/28/12 07:54 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: kelly kelly released

What's surprising is that she's lasted this long.

At 9/29/12 02:37 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Not surprising, disappeared from TV, and was making a lot of noise about wanting to do outside projects...and Beth Phoenix is on her way out too.

Aw, man! TNA or ROH had better jump on this opportunity QUICK!

At 10/3/12 09:37 PM, JohnCena423 wrote: Daivari subdues a train passenger

Never thought I'd hear of Daivari again this way. That's pretty awesome!

Now, one last thing I've been itching to share with all of ya:

A looooooooooooong time ago (I've been a part of this crew for some time now), someone - I forget who - posted an anime fanart of Sabu, surprising several members here who thought all anime was overly cartoony. I, knowing otherwise, said it depends on the artist.

What the hell does that have to with anything?

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING PIC MAY CAUSE SPONTANEOUS HEAD EXPLODING, LITERAL BRICK-SHITTING, AND INABILITY TO SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN "HOLY CRAP!!!" FOR SEVERAL HOURS. IF PROBLEMS PERSIST FOR MORE THAN 4 HOURS, CONSULT A PHYSICIAN.

Behold.

I came across that during another days-long TVTropes detour that led me to the CM Punk Is Not Impressed meme page on Facebook, in which said pic was used for an anime variant. I nearly shit my pants in amazement at the sight of it.

True, most of the wrestler's faces look a tad similar, but the style is the important thing, here. It APPEARS to be done by an actual anime artist, but I'm not quite sure who. Either that, or that's one hell of a fanartist.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-09 12:37:33

Haven't watched Raw yet but I am reading the headlines that CM Punk struck a fan while in the crowd. What do you guys think, work or legit? If it is legit do you think Punk was in the right?

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-10 03:28:43

At 10/9/12 12:37 PM, boloneyman wrote: Haven't watched Raw yet but I am reading the headlines that CM Punk struck a fan while in the crowd. What do you guys think, work or legit? If it is legit do you think Punk was in the right?

Legit, WWE should have had security all over Punk while he did that. They also need to press charges on the idiot that did it, because he actually attacked Punk, then ducked like a coward and let an innocent bystander get walloped because Punk thought the innocent guy was the dude that did it. The guilty party has been bragging on Twitter and that should absolutely be used to prosecute him. Wrestlers HAVE to defend themselves in situations like that because you simply do not know if it's going to stop at shoving and punching, or if there is an armed wacko in that crowd who will try to take you out permanently.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-10 21:20:22

Holy shit......

If anyone needed a real GTS to the face, it'd be that prick. Wow, seriously, what a fucking pussyass prick. Not only that, but poor Punk, not realizing he was kicking the wrong ass the whole time, just thinking he was defnending himself. He must be FUMING right now at this prick - and rightfully so.

WWE and the accidental victim should double-team sue the pants off this prick, and shove those Tweets up his fucking ass.

I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-11 07:29:01

At 10/10/12 09:12 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: Just finished watching WWE main event and big show beat randy orton

Next week the miz will defend the intercontinental title against kofi kingston

Same here but Kofi HAS to win this.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-15 15:54:30

At 10/11/12 07:29 AM, Wavepad wrote:
At 10/10/12 09:12 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: Just finished watching WWE main event and big show beat randy orton

Next week the miz will defend the intercontinental title against kofi kingston
Same here but Kofi HAS to win this.

if he does, they should move miz to the main event where he belongs. ofc i don't think miz will lose just like that

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-16 21:34:15

Be warned, this'll be one of the longest posts I've done in a while; so, before I begin, is there any new info on the 'Audience Prick' situation?

RAW:

FEED! HIM! GOLD!
FEED! HIM! GOLD!
FEED! HIM! GOLD!
DONE!

I don't think I've ever been more impressed at the speed with which someone has gotten over with the crowd than I have with Ryback. And last night, he was finally rewarded for it. Whether he wins or not is, frankly, moot; the shot itself - against Punk, no less, in a career-defining match type to boot - is what matters. I dunno whether it was Cena's injury that gave him the opening to shine, or if Cena and/or the higher-ups realized they had their next potential top guy & wanted to test him, or perhaps both; either way, SUNDAY NIGHT, HE DINES IN HELL........IN A CELL!

Shame Rey caught the flu; speaking from experience, you can't do SHIT when ya have it - and that's just the regular flu!

Last week, I was pleasantly shocked to see that Vince, being older than Lawler & I think only a couple months younger than my mother, could still hang in the ring. Granted, he's in better shape than Lawler is, so that probably has something to do with it, but still, it was rather impressive.

Who else has been thoroughly enjoying the, pardon the pun, hell, out of the Bryan/Kane angle? One of the actually funniest things they've done in quite a while.

It's a treat to see JR back where he belongs. I'm a little shocked that JBL stepped up, as well; he didn't have to, but he did anyway. I also have to give him credit for his mountain-climbing endeavors of late. He might be a dick, but he cares.

WWE Main Event:

First off, great theme music. ^_^

The show itself, out of an hour, gives a solid 20 minutes or so of actual wrestling, with an acceptable minimum amount of backstage stuff / promos, and the 1st match is rather long compared to most matches we get. It's a good way to spend an hour a night, really.

Regarding last week, I never thought I'd see the day when Miz & JBL would get along...... o_O

Impact:

Before I decided to start watching again, I hadn't watched it for.......about 3-4 years, I think. Apparently, in those years, 2 people in particular have surprised the hell out of me with who they are now:

The first is the guy formerly known as Abyss.......who's now playing his own brother, Joseph Park. Aaaaaand now I see why he's been wearin' a mask all those years - NO ONE would ever believe he's been a wrestler. Kinda ironic, since he'd been a Foley/Kane hybrid expy, and Mic is in a similar boat in that regard. I'm assuming he's in this role due to retirement & injury; otherwise it would seem really odd. He's playing his role well enough; it's just surprising, considering who he used to be.

The second, which I'm rather impressed by, is Eric Young. My god, it's quite something, what can happen in only a couple of years, ain't it? He went from a bleach-blonde joke wrestler who got stuck in several idiotic gimmicks/angles, to a guy resembling a cross between Luke Gallows & one of his uncles, who has a kayfabe (at least) marriage to the face of the Knockouts Division & an irl TV show..............WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!?!?!? No, don't take that wrong; I'm proud of the guy; it's just.......rather startling to see the transformation. It's similar to Dolph Ziggler, but with the hair color in the reverse, and not the same kind of push.

Now, as far as the stuff going on, the Aces & Eights thing has been very entertaining to watch thus far. It's like The Nexus on crack. I'm interested to see how it continues to play out.

Given he's been in the business for such a long time, and is basically TNA's first major pickup in that department, it's easy to see why Sting is their 1st HoF inductee. In which case, I see Angle being the one next year.

.....Well, I guess I should be glad that Jeff seems to have gotten his act together (maybe having a kid finally knocked some sense into him)......but I'm still a tad bitter. Even more so when I swore that he used the ANACONDA VICE on Samoa Joe in that BfG qualifier; granted, I was thinking ironically about him doing that just to be a dick since he doesn't really do submission moves, so maybe it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but DAMNED IF IT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE IT!!!!

ROH:

......In speaking of a Hardy.....a couple of weeks ago, Matt thought it was a great idea to show up at ROH........ON PUNK'S HOME TURF. Of course, the crowd tore him a new asshole. Maybe he'll take a hint next time.

Jay Lethal has been really impressive lately, mostly because he's finally come into his own after spending so long being a Macho Man impersonator. (He still uses the elbow drop, though.) He's now being recognized for the right reasons, rather than just a borrowed gimmick.

Michael Elgin is being set up to be the next face of the company, it looks. The fans are behind the guy, and they've seemingly set it up for Steen to drop the belt before a certain point, which will obviously lead to a Elgin/Strong feud over the title.

In the NO SHIT department, Maria's still hot. I laughed my ass off when Nigel actually made a pussy joke.......yes, she was wearing cat ears, but still, I'm surprised they let him say that (it was bleeped, though). Guess he never saw that one WWE PPV years ago where her white trunks were a tad too see-though........or ANY OF HER PLAYBOY APPEARANCES..........yeah, Nigel, I don't think it's that hard if ya really wanna see it.

.....What? What'd I say?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-16 23:47:09

I like giving the shot to Ryback, but the unfortunate bit here is I don't see him being ready for the belt even a little bit (there's talk that he actually still gets caught up and forgets spots in the ring). So it's the streak vs. the title reign. Title reign should come out on top. Now that isn't necessarily a bad thing. With HIAC being the stip you can book this as it'll take Punk everything and the kitchen sink and he'll need to damn near kill Ryback to slip by him...you could even slip in a Lesnar appearance to start the idea of building towards Survivor Series with H even. Although the more I think about dropping Lesnar into the situation, the more I think they'd actually be better to have another major tag main similar to last year where it'd be Punk/Lesnar vs. H/Ryback and that could then be used as a way to have Ryback prove once again that he can beat Punk, and keep him in the main event conversation, and mitigate any sort of momentum loss he'd get from not capturing the belt in the Cell,

I do think it was a good idea for WWE to defy expectations and put a hot newcomer into the slot vs. trying to sell Cena/Punk again, which is a match I think they've diluted the importance of with the whole Punk turning heel issue. Which after finishing his excellent DVD I find to be even more logic defying and idiotic then ever before.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-16 23:59:34

Nice to see that Kofi has improved on the mic, I think he can relax more but he's come a long way. Also how about that kick on Miz? Busted the poor guy open. Seemed like an honest accident though due to lack of space between the two, but the speed of it all was an awesome finish.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-17 09:40:17

At 10/16/12 11:59 PM, boloneyman wrote: Nice to see that Kofi has improved on the mic, I think he can relax more but he's come a long way. Also how about that kick on Miz? Busted the poor guy open. Seemed like an honest accident though due to lack of space between the two, but the speed of it all was an awesome finish.

I have a strange feeling that Kofi is going to be the next MVP who will wonder what should have been in a few years as he joins the army of the unemployed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-17 15:56:30

At 10/16/12 11:59 PM, boloneyman wrote: Nice to see that Kofi has improved on the mic, I think he can relax more but he's come a long way. Also how about that kick on Miz? Busted the poor guy open. Seemed like an honest accident though due to lack of space between the two, but the speed of it all was an awesome finish.

I almost forgot to bring that up; that was one hell of a kick! Damn! Definitely wasn't intentional (provided it wasn't a spot......or whatever the term is), but it made him look like an actual title threat.

At 10/17/12 09:40 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
I have a strange feeling that Kofi is going to be the next MVP who will wonder what should have been in a few years as he joins the army of the unemployed.

I certainly hope he avoids that fate. He's stuck around this long, but there's only so long someone can wait around for their big opportunity.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-10-28 19:44:01

(Last minute) Hell in a Cell 2012 Predictions

CM Punk vs. Ryback

Eve vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn

Sheamus vs. Big Show

Randy Orton vs. Alberto del Rio

The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston

Team Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars

This match card is incredible. Struggled a bit with the WWE Championship match prediction, but that's my final choice. That, or something may happen to end it in a no contest (which would be interesting to see what would happen since it is, in fact, inside a cell)

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-03 14:25:19

WTF, The Miz jobbed to Kofi again? That was aaaaaaaaaaawesommmmmmmmmmmmmmme, NOT!
The Miz should be way above the IC level, it saddens me to see that he has thus far down the ladder.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-04 23:06:14

Yeah, a tad late again. Lemme start w/ ROH & Impact first; it's easier that way:

ROH:

I figured either Lethal or Elgin would win the Survival of the Fittest thing; once I learned Elgin already won the last one, it was obvious Lethal was getting the win.

Last night was another Road Rage, so they showed clips of PPV / house show stuff. I was expecting Lethal to get the title, but I guess they want the feud with Steen to continue. Wasn't expecting Lethal's parents to be involved; technically, his mom started the craziness. Yes, Steen is a giant douche, but she swung (well, tossed her drink) first. Apparently, a lot of people were happy Lethal tossed Cornette like a rag doll. :P

The House of Truth has been foreclosed in hilarious fashion. Would've been better if Martini got Gore'd, instead, but Rhino chucking his ass (literally) onto a guardrail was plenty.

Dunno much about the Headbanger guys, other than they've been around the block a gazillion times. Any past matches of theirs worth seeing?

Impact:

.....Well, the Aces & Eights thing just gets crazier. In a good way.

I had thought, given what I'd heard about TNA management continuing to be morons regarding keeping their talent happy, that Devon left for good. Either it was kayfabe, or he pulled a Punk & returned shortly after. Either way, I wasn't expecting him to be under one of the masks; the 'OH SHIT!' look on Bully was priceless. It's even more interesting how seamless the two brothers-in-gimmick switched their heel/face roles, including the 'SCREW THE FANS!' revelation.

Now, even more surprising, since I figured Punk would talk him out of going there, was seeing Luke Gallows under another mask. I hope to hell they make WWE regret letting him go too soon.

It's these 2 that make me really anxious to see who else is there in the masked crowd.

I guess Miz' success has caused other reality stars to try their luck........although I don't really see this Big Brother guy getting very far. Then again, no one saw Miz getting very far, either.

It's been a while since I'd seen TNA take a direct jab at WWE, and this time I couldn't help but laugh, given how dumb I find the AJ Scandal (more on that later). Guess it's not the first time someone named AJ was caught in an elevator. :P

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-06 10:50:10

WWE:

- Why the fuck are they pushing Khali

- I'm super satisfied about tag matches, they've really stepped up the tag team division

- I smell a Miz face turn, and it's about damn time

- Ideas about SS main event are all over the place

- I'm the tag team champions

- I used to really care about Punk's title reign, now I don't anymore, especially knowing it's obvious he'll be holding it up to the RR to lose it to The Man Who Only Shows Up On Special Occasions When He's The Center Of Attention

- As much as I love 3MB and their persona, it's just not gonna work (partly because they put fucking Jinder Mahal in there which completely ruins the image of a '70s rock band)

- They need to put the belt on Ryback ASAP, he gets over amazing with the crowd and has a famous catchphrase that catches on perfectly

- I'm starting to like Sheamus more now that the belt is taken off him and put onto a giant where he's now turning back into an irish warrior as opposed to a goofy world champion superhero

- Hell in a cell ending was the most uncreative, shittiest and unoriginal idea that the creative team could have possibly come up with. Do they honestly think that anyone would be satisfied with that? (Ok, I understand that they wanted to keep the belt on Punk while not making ryback look any less of a monster, but they could have thought of something better than that. That was lame.)

- With the above part being said, Brad Maddox's promo was awful. Storyline goes as such: "WAAAAAA RYBACK IS A WWE SUPERSTAR AND I'M NOT WAAAAAAAA" Well CM Punk is the fucking champion, why not take it out on him? Great logic creative.

jerking off bbl

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-18 09:24:35

At 11/15/12 05:58 PM, JohnCena423 wrote: also if cm punk manages toholthe title until november 20th then he have the title for a year

True very true.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-18 17:34:52

At 11/18/12 01:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 11/15/12 05:58 PM, JohnCena423 wrote: also if cm punk manages toholthe title until november 20th then he have the title for a year
Hopefully that happens. Good luck to him beating John Cena's title reign length (380 days) and then beating the rest since those are all in the time duration of about 2 years to 5+ years.

He'll beat it. Don't you worry. Sorry Cena fans, but he's holding it at least until the Royal Rumble. Also, unlike Cena, he didn't get injured and had to vacant the title reign.

Also, he's been through face and heel during his title reign, which is why he's able to carry it so long without boring the shit out of people like Cena did in '07.

Don't expect too much out of Survivor Series tonight. I don't think anything special is happening at all, except maybe the US title match. Nothing like last year's, of course. If you're contemplating buying the show, I suggest you save your money.

Survivor Series 2012 Predictions

CM Punk vs. Ryback vs. John Cena

Big Show vs. Sheamus

Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler

Eve vs. Kaitlyn

Antonio Cesaro vs. R Truth

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-18 19:54:03

At 11/18/12 05:34 PM, Piemix wrote: Survivor Series 2012 Predictions

CM Punk vs. Ryback vs. John Cena

Also, might I add for this that Dolph Ziggler/Vickie, I predict, will interfere and stop Cena from winning when he is about to, building up a Ziggler - Cena feud and match at TLC.

That is all

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-19 08:46:42

At 11/18/12 10:45 PM, SCTE3 wrote: CM Punk's latest tweet:
I take it he's still champion then?
Congrats if so.

Indeed he is.

Thanks to some help from Roman Reigns, and two other men who FINALLY got called up to the main roster in Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins... I'm excited to see where this is going.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-19 21:00:17

At 11/19/12 08:46 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Thanks to some help from Roman Reigns, and two other men who FINALLY got called up to the main roster in Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins... I'm excited to see where this is going.

I'm cautious...the biggest problem here is getting "Nexused" where they have a great debut, but because their heels Vince will decide the babyfaces need their heat back immediately and they'll start to get chipped away tonight. I'd love to see these guys in with Punk and actually getting pushed as a dominating faction, I think it's an aspect of wrestling that's been sorely missing.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-20 13:11:23

At 11/19/12 09:00 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: I'm cautious...the biggest problem here is getting "Nexused" where they have a great debut, but because their heels Vince will decide the babyfaces need their heat back immediately and they'll start to get chipped away tonight. I'd love to see these guys in with Punk and actually getting pushed as a dominating faction, I think it's an aspect of wrestling that's been sorely missing.

I don't know, we tried this last time and it didn't go anywhere. I do have faith that though that if they put them with CM Punk and use Paul Heyman well, then this could be pretty interesting. However I don't really see that happening. John Cena and AJ was surprising though... I like the possibility of where that will be going.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-20 17:26:34

At 11/19/12 09:00 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 11/19/12 08:46 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Thanks to some help from Roman Reigns, and two other men who FINALLY got called up to the main roster in Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins... I'm excited to see where this is going.
I'm cautious...the biggest problem here is getting "Nexused" where they have a great debut, but because their heels Vince will decide the babyfaces need their heat back immediately and they'll start to get chipped away tonight. I'd love to see these guys in with Punk and actually getting pushed as a dominating faction, I think it's an aspect of wrestling that's been sorely missing.

I thought the same thing. Big debut, then getting fed to Ryback. Still, I'm hoping that WWE has learned from their mistakes and they won't screw this up.

I will admit, I did not expect Rollins to debut as a heel. The guy can be a very good face for WWE, but I guess that will come down the road. I was also disappointed because they didn't give the the guys mic time, and instead chose to repeat the attack from Survivor Series.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-21 21:28:14

Yes, I'm still alive; just lazy as always.

Anyway, I've heard Dean Ambrose's name come up around here quite a few times; I have no clue about the other 2 guys, though.

While Heyman did make a good point Monday, as he often does, the mocking of Lawler - mainly the extent of it - was going way too far. The fact that both Punk & Lawler obviously agreed to go through with it makes me once again question their judgment.

The whole AJ/Cena/Vickie/Dolph thing....... y'see, here's the thing: They did at least address the one major gripe I had originally w/ Vickie taking AJ's position when she's more notorious for redefining 'talent relations' than she is by having Cena call her out on it; still, that being said, it makes the Board of Directors look grossly incompetent by using this to get rid of AJ, then turning around & hiring her.

However, on to good calls by the company: I really like the idea of turning Miz face....or at least 'tween-face', turning him in the one place he'd get cheered anyway - his hometown - was perfectly done. I guess WWE figured, after seeing how well he was doing as a commentator, thought it was time for a change.

I'm hoping Barrett wins the IC Title; I've enjoyed Kofi's matches as of late, and if Kofi doesn't drop to Barrett, we'll at least be guaranteed one hell of a show when the match happens.

I'm beginning to remember why I got so sick of JBL on commentary.....although I should probably just be thankful that Cole's a face again.

.....Why the fuck must they pick on Striker? Did he piss someone off backstage again?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-11-21 22:49:16

At 11/21/12 09:28 PM, Swackman wrote: While Heyman did make a good point Monday, as he often does, the mocking of Lawler - mainly the extent of it - was going way too far. The fact that both Punk & Lawler obviously agreed to go through with it makes me once again question their judgment.

They're doing everything they possibly can to give Punk a shitload of heat. They're doing a great job of it (or he is).

I'm beginning to remember why I got so sick of JBL on commentary.....although I should probably just be thankful that Cole's a face again.

JBL is an amazing commentator. The guy really knows how to do that job, and I couldn't be happier that he took Booker's place. Booker was awful at commentary.