00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Petaly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,522,421 Views | 29,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-22 14:49:08

At 6/22/11 08:53 AM, WooldoorSockbat wrote: I was mention Cena's injuries as a point of his inability to sell (though I wouldn't want him to get seriously injured).

"Hopefully Cena's injuries will get the better of him so he will have to sit out until Wrestlemania" that sure seems to say differently.

Money in the bank is always a great opportunity to push a certain wrestler and hopefully change belts, I (like others) predict that someone will cash in during the Cena/Punk match. I'm looking forward to this PPV.

I have heard Morrison could be fully healed for the PPV and certainly he's able to be involved in physical segments at this point. A ladder match is probably a bad idea for somebody just getting over a neck issue, but they will put other fliers in the match I'm sure that are there to just do holy shit spots and have no shot at winning (Bourne for instance) and he could theoretically work a safer match en route to getting the briefcase. I like the idea of flipping the belt from Cena to Punk and then somebody cashing in to beat Punk and "rescue" the belt. Though I think if they're going to flip the belt to Punk, they should try to get him to sign an extension before hand and run an angle with him holding the belt hostage that culminates in him defending against someone at Summerslam and then losing. But we know creative doesn't like to do long builds like that.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-22 23:34:35

DON'T LEAVE US YET, DAMMIT!!!!

Sadly, they probably won't give him the title, even though they KNOW they can put it right back on Cena again afterwards, and that a shitload of people (as evident by tons of chants these last two weeks) are behind him despite his heel status.

Wait, did someone just say he actually WENT to TNA once? Doesn't surprise me that he wanted out that fast - he's too smart for that shit ( which is why I wonder why the hell certain talents over there are STILL THERE.....)

PUT THE KNIFE DOWN, WOCKY!!!! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

In other news, AS IT WAS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF EZEKIEL, THE ERA OF DOMI-FRIGGIN-NATION BEGAN. ^_^ I don't expect the strap to be changing hands for a VERY LONG TIME.

Mason recieved "BATISTA!" chants. :P

One of you guys said Ron was a "demented Bugs Bunny"; well, Monday proved it with that bit. And it was hilarious.

I rather wish Ziggler won the US Title cleanly, but at least he has it.

Kelly actually won the Divas Title........part of me is happy, the other part of me realizes she's one of the least-skilled on the whole roster. If she wouldn't spend quite so much time trying to basically pose for the camera, one could take this at least somewhat seriously.

Please, WWE, don't let anything life-threatening happen to Orton; we don't need him having a major seizure or something on national TV (although SD is taped, but that's not the point, here). IT AIN'T WORTH IT.

Regarding Cena, as far as a person, he's one of the best around. However, I have to wonder just why he can't or won't use his clout in the company to get himself better booking & injury-selling, as he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would continue with this crap willingly. There HAS to be something more to it......right?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-23 00:46:05

Uh mud? Hulk Hogan was pushed this exact same way, if not harder. Hogan held the belt for FOUR YEARS (title reigns were longer then though). He headlined the first 3 Wrestlemanias. When he dropped the belt to Andre the Giant it was amidst complete and utter shenanigans and they wound up vacating the damn thing. He didn't headline Mania 4 but he also didn't clean job to Andre either. Hogan then went on to headling Mania 5-8 (though in fairness, 6 was about Hogan losing to try and pass the torch to Warrior. Mania 9 ended with Hogan getting an impromptu title win over Yokozuna. Then he went to WCW where the ENTIRE company was built around him and his ideas.

John Cena is just the latest in a line of what Vince McMahon likes. The Attitude Era was an aberration born of desperation, now that he's safely on top he's doing what he wants to do and book. I understand your not happy with the product, I'm not happy with it. But let's not act like John Cena is somehow this new concept in a talent being booked as the be all end all...it isn't even close to being true.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-23 05:38:52

Keep in mind that the MITB winner has never lost when cashing in on a beaten-up opponent. Unfortunately, I see the record ending since Super Cena will find a way to hulk up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-24 05:54:08

At 6/23/11 01:19 PM, JohnCena423 wrote: anyone remember how edge chashed his MITB briefcase on john cena

The spoiled little kids will do a Bin Laden and bomb the WWE headquater if their hero Cena loses after someone cashes in. I bet that Vince won't have the balls to make Cena lose in that manner.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-24 11:28:46

I'd say that Cena losing the title at MitB one way or another is more likely because if Punk wins then the MitB winner takes advantage to keep the title from leaving the company as part of the story, and if Cena wins, then they have Cena get pinned after the match which transitions to a feud for Summerslam and builds interest for the PPV.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-24 12:05:22

At 6/24/11 11:28 AM, 36Holla wrote: I'd say that Cena losing the title at MitB one way or another is more likely because if Punk wins then the MitB winner takes advantage to keep the title from leaving the company as part of the story, and if Cena wins, then they have Cena get pinned after the match which transitions to a feud for Summerslam and builds interest for the PPV.

The thing is that ADR is already established as a main eventer and probably will not participate in the MITB ladder match. I do not see Vince allowing anyone else to cash in right after the Punk vs Cena match and pin his golden boy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-24 21:11:33

At 6/24/11 11:14 AM, MudkipsPiano wrote: FUCK TOO SMALL ASKLFHASDLKFHSDAL

That's because you're not using a real computer :D

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-25 13:03:15

At 6/25/11 12:28 PM, Tetris wrote: So Chavo was released.
Wow.

I am not surprised at all, he has not won a match for 1000000000000 trillion years.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-25 13:25:59

At 6/25/11 01:03 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
Wow.
I am not surprised at all, he has not won a match for 1000000000000 trillion years.

Which is probably one of the reasons Chavo asked to be released. But don't take my word for it, I'll let the man himself do that.

While I'm sad to see him go, if this is what he wants then more power to him. I hope he is able to do more with his skills elsewhere. Let's just hope he stays away from TNA for a while since they would screw it up too. Maybe a tour of Mexico and Japan would be best right now.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-25 14:12:03

Who else is impressed by Mark Henry lately? I have enjoyed most of what he's done.

Smackdown was pretty good for the most part, though i'm getting really tired of the commentators.

In internet years i'm dead. *click sig to zoom zoom*

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-25 18:38:25

Wow.

Hopefully he does not go to TNA. I enjoyed his dark match against Daniel Bryan, the Superstars match with Chris Masters, and his carry jobs of Kofi Kingston and JTG from 2010.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-25 23:05:02

At 6/25/11 05:03 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Also, what the hell is the WWE doing with Sheamus, Rey Mysterio, and [Deleted file] It feels like they're completely disregarding their former main event statuses.

Mysterio was involved in a #1 contenders match a month ago, and Sheamus was in a match for the WHC a few weeks ago as well, so it's not like they're totally out of it, but they're busy pushing other programs right now.

Speaking of which, yay Christian for getting his 4th chance at the title. This time it's gonna happen right? Vince wouldn't feel the need to break my heart again would he?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-25 23:12:38

Wow.

Really surprising, I mean I remember the time when he had a rivalry with CM Punk when they were both on ECW and Chavo beat Punk, fair and square just like that. And even though he hasn't really done anything huge in his career, he's been around for a long time and in my opinion did enough to deserve a Hall of Fame spot.

But why would they get rid of him just like that? His last performance was a tense moment with Sin Cara and that's it? He must have done something to get released. Did he, or is it not known yet? I am curious.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-26 02:06:50

At 6/25/11 02:12 PM, WooldoorSockbat wrote: Who else is impressed by Mark Henry lately? I have enjoyed most of what he's done.

Smackdown was pretty good for the most part, though i'm getting really tired of the commentators.

I am sick and tired of Barrett jobbing week in and week out. When was the last time he won a match?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-26 03:40:55

At 6/25/11 11:12 PM, mothballs wrote:
But why would they get rid of him just like that? His last performance was a tense moment with Sin Cara and that's it? He must have done something to get released. Did he, or is it not known yet? I am curious.

He asked to be released, and his request was granted.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-26 05:11:00

So Chavo is done with WWE...
It's funny because his rookie is still in the running of winning NXT.. but then again, who the hell cares about NXT?..
I think Chavo is smart enough to avoid TNA, but then again, Hector Guerrero works there so if he did jump to TNA, he'd have some family there.

Chavo was actually the longest running member of the Alliance in 2001 to be working in WWE after they bought out WCW (10 years).

My deviantART page | My Youtube page (It got terminated)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-27 00:50:18

I think Chavo might be thinking about going to work in Mexico or maybe Puerto Rico. Those are both territories that are in a hurting position for top talent these days and would I'm sure love to have Chavo to help add some star power to their roster. It's a shame to see him go, but I have to agree with everything he said, the company really doesn't get even close to what they could be getting from veterans like Chavo.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 00:17:03

Hey, that CM Punk guy is pretty good!

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 00:34:23

I can't even believe what Punk just did. That might be the most epic thing I have ever seen, ever. He probably wanted to rant to everyone all tell them why he's leaving before he did, and what a way to do it, holy shit.

That was fucking amazing. CM Punk is the man!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 00:37:35

I am beyond speechless right now.

I cannot even believe my love for CM Punk at this moment.

Everything he was saying was 100% fucking true omfg I love him I love him.

You know, I didn't watch it because I'm getting so fucking sick of this company, but when I missed this one I missed out on the perfect one.

Fuck you WWE. Fuck. You.

Apple is a communist dynasty that is trying to take the world down in flames under its oppressive boot. Samsung will surge the universe into glory #androidnation

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 01:14:50

Safe to say Punk won't ever be coming back. :(

Raw's abrupt conclusion Monday night was not due to technical difficulties. The decision to suddenly end the broadcast in that manner was made by WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, who gave this quote to WWE.com:

"CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air."

With his WWE contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk's tenure with WWE.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 01:27:46

You guys are right. That promo CM Punk cut on the most recent episode of RAW was fucking awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 06:46:23

At 6/28/11 01:14 AM, boloneyman wrote: Safe to say Punk won't ever be coming back. :(

And yet...I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of the angle. Still, that promo was the dream of any wrestling fan who is frustrated with WWE right now. Punk just earned himself the right to say he cut one of the most memorable promos ever seen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 10:17:52

So did anyone see the CM Punk show yesterday? That had to be the best RAW ending since the Nexus debut last year.

Shawn Michael was on RAW? sorry didn't notice. But there was this old guy promoting a hunting show.

I love the Henry/Big Show rivalry though I would like to see the Big Show get the upper hand occasionally, I hope they don't screw this up with a sub par PPV match.

And overall the matches were good this week though I have one small coplaint. What doing on with McIntyre? I know it wasn't too long ago that he was a big deal but I would just like to see him more (in matches).

In internet years i'm dead. *click sig to zoom zoom*

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 11:07:20

At 6/28/11 06:46 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 6/28/11 01:14 AM, boloneyman wrote: Safe to say Punk won't ever be coming back. :(
And yet...I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of the angle. Still, that promo was the dream of any wrestling fan who is frustrated with WWE right now. Punk just earned himself the right to say he cut one of the most memorable promos ever seen.

Thank you for saying EVERYTHING that needs to be said about Cena and Vince. You will be dearly missed. :'(

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 12:04:03

Have I been duped? He makes a good point that Punk wouldn't wear a Stone Cold shirt if he was shooting.

"Of course, this is all just part of the storyline. There's no way McMahon let Punk rant that long before cutting his microphone. And it's notable that when Punk talked about where he might go after leaving WWE, he mentioned New Japan and Ring of Honor, but not TNA. He certainly ripped Hulk Hogan to shreds though.

The subtle touch of wearing a shirt of Stone Cold Steve Austin, the greatest anti-authority figure in WWE history, shouldn't go unnoticed either. If Punk were really shooting, he probably would've worn something WWE didn't produce.

Punk's promo was so good because it treaded the fine line between the scripted part of pro wrestling and the business side of it. He played to the internet fans and "smart marks" by airing the same grievences many of them do, yet he shoved it in their faces when they cheered him on, noting they still support the WWE product, whether he's there are not. And he's right. The biggest complainers are the most loyal fans."

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 15:54:30

O_O

If that was a scripted moment, it was THE BEST ONE IN THE HISTORY OF WRESTLING.

"Epic" isn't even a good enough word for the last 10 minutes last night. Wocky, if ya didn't see it, FIND A WAY TO SEE IT! Most of it (or all of it, depending on your viewpoint) can't be argued with, and was delivered in the most brutally honest way possible.

The Cara/Bourne match was as excellent as anticipated. Btw, I was originally insulted at the "POW-ER-RAN-GER!" chants, but really, Sin Cara would be the best Ranger of all time. :P

Wow.

I'm more surprised he stuck around that long. Anyone else would've left 5 times over.

After reading his comments, he said pretty much what we've all felt for some time now. He's a fucking Guererro; he SHOULD be treated better, and I don't blame him one bit. Good for you, Chavo!

At 6/25/11 02:12 PM, WooldoorSockbat wrote: Who else is impressed by Mark Henry lately? I have enjoyed most of what he's done.

Last night was pretty damn insane; he lived up to his moniker in every possible way.

At 6/28/11 10:17 AM, WooldoorSockbat wrote: Shawn Michael was on RAW? sorry didn't notice. But there was this old guy promoting a hunting show.

I happen to love his shameless promoting skills. :P I might actually watch that show just because he's on it.

And overall the matches were good this week though I have one small coplaint. What doing on with McIntyre? I know it wasn't too long ago that he was a big deal but I would just like to see him more (in matches).

Probably the only part of the night I wasn't happy with. HE MADE ONE MISTAKE THAT REALLY WASN'T HIS MISTAKE TO BEGIN WITH; LET IT GO!!!!

(Or is there more to that whole thing that I'm unaware of?)

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 18:06:59

Guys, it's a work. It's a shooting work, a working shoot, whatever you want to call it. It's part of the storyline because if it wasn't, they would have cut his mic and ended the show about the minute he started to go off script. Shoots do not happen in WWE unless they are Vince approved.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2011-06-28 18:41:53

At 6/28/11 03:12 PM, Tetris wrote:
At 6/28/11 12:04 PM, boloneyman wrote: And it's notable that when Punk talked about where he might go after leaving WWE, he mentioned New Japan and Ring of Honor, but not TNA. He certainly ripped Hulk Hogan to shreds though.
Well, he has called TNA a piece of shit in the past, and will probably continue to call it a piece of shit. He'd never even consider going there as an option, anyways.

Yeah. TNA as a whole is a cancerous tumor that needs to be destroyed. I would not shed a tear if TNA were to go out of business.

BBS Signature