00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Marco07red just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,528,297 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-02 12:07:58

So do you think they're gonna make ECW another kind of Invasion angle again? I could see Styles or Heyman coming back on Raw with ECW wrestlers and declaring ECW back in Business.
If WWE affiliate themselves with ECW on air, they're gonna have to do a bit of covering up to put Styles on commentary.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-02 14:27:25

I thought that that maybe they will not affiliate themselves with ECW at all. Perhaps Vince will do nothing more than own it. From there, he may leave it up to someone like Heyman and never talk about it. Maybe then it will seem like they are competitors once again. It could be some good tv.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-02 17:28:05

At 5/1/06 11:08 PM, cornontheconn wrote: So, uh, Joey Styles' big speech tonight.

I'm disturbed and confused. Is this an angle, or... did he just anal-rape kayfabe?

I'm sorta hoping it was the latter, no ever shoots the script anymore.

whatever it was, it was TOP-NOTCH.

In Fact...

Joey Styles you get my BRIGHTEST STAR OF THE NIGHT AWARD for telling it like it is.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-02 19:25:52

At 5/1/06 03:32 AM, Zen444 wrote: John Cena won?

I think Darth Vader said it best.

I saw it coming from 10000000000000 miles away. My money is on Rey retaining at JD because Vince will continue to milk on the whole Eddie thing until Batista gets healthy. Even if JBL wins at JD, I do not see him losing the title right away at ONS. With the MITB winner winning the title a guarantee, the only possible opponent RVD can face at ONS is Cena. On that day, wigger boy will finally meet his maker and lose clean like a b!tch. 6/10, it will be the day all the mature fans celebrate with rejoice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-02 19:30:03

At 5/2/06 07:25 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: My money is on Rey retaining at JD because Vince will continue to milk on the whole Eddie thing until Batista gets healthy.

I think the eddie gimmick has finnaly died. Rey Has mentioned Eddie in a while, and the Edddie Chants are few and far between.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-02 19:43:22

At 5/2/06 07:30 PM, redface wrote:
At 5/2/06 07:25 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: My money is on Rey retaining at JD because Vince will continue to milk on the whole Eddie thing until Batista gets healthy.
I think the eddie gimmick has finnaly died. Rey Has mentioned Eddie in a while, and the Edddie Chants are few and far between.

But never forget that RO should have been the champ if Eddie did not pass away. With the respect WWE is giving Rey right now, (Angle did not lose clean to Rey. Actually, Rey was just about to tap out.) Rey will not survive long. But JBL had his time already last year and he probably will not drop his US title any time soon, so I see Rey winning at JD but losing to Batista at GAB.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-02 19:56:10

alright, it's offical.

JBL Vs. Mysertio. World Heavyweight Championship. Judgement day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-02 20:01:38

At 5/2/06 07:56 PM, redface wrote: alright, it's offical.

JBL Vs. Mysertio. World Heavyweight Championship. Judgement day.

also, WWE will make an offical announcement regard the new RAW commentator tommorow. I'll keep you updated.

I think it'll be either Jim Ross or Todd Grisham (hey, he did a good job yesterday).

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 00:47:09

So with ECW angles coming into force, I thought it'd be interesting to have a recap each week of what happened, and what it could mean. I'm calling it "Tracking The Tribe" after the fact that ECW is often called the Tribe of Extreme. This will also function for me to officially announce any ECW news I run across as well. Let's begin:

Joey Styles does a worked shoot in quitting RAW: For those unclear, Joey was working last night in his promo, though the issues he touched upon were very real, and many in the company completely concur with his statements. For my part? I LOVED IT!!!! Joey said exactly what I've been feeling about the product for awhile now, and did a good job of helping to set up that ECW is a company that cares about wrestling, not sports entertainment. On the downside, I think it was a stupid idea for Joey to heel the fans in attendance. It was an unnecessary move, and while I don't think it's going to cost the ECW project any viewers in the long run, WWE needs to be careful that they don't promote ECW as some sort of "enemy" type promotion. Granted ECW did rise to prominence in part by pissing on it's corporate counterparts, but it never heeled the fans of those groups in the process. A flyspeck on a Davinci masterpiece of a promo at this point though. Also for anyone curious, Joey wrote that promo himself, and it was approved by creative, no WWE writer wrote it. You may continue to bash those hacks with impunity : )

Axel Rotten says "I have a deal": Axel was on the radio and spoke on a number of subjects (including blasting Jeff Jarrett's work), but the most tantalizing bit of info for this report is that Axel says he was sent a contract by WWE and signed it and sent it back. Considering that I doubt ONS deals are seperate from overall ECW deals, I think we can safely assume Axel has joined up with the new project, which he was highly praiseful of.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 00:51:43

Goldberg rules hardcore.

What is he up to these days?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 06:35:46

Didn't Tazz also call theem the island of misfit wrestlers? The only thing i really hope wwe avoids is having another invasion type gimmick, that would really hurt what ECW is supposed to be about.

whatup frank? Goldberg bas been doing some show on the discovery channel for a while and is mostly trying to get in movies. If he is wrestling it will most likely be in japan. but I think he's about done with wrestling anyway.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 10:39:12

With the whole ECW thing what happens with RVD? He has the MITB contract but he would probably be part of the whole ECW revival so does that mean he won't win the WWE or WHC title or will he win it and go to ECW?

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 11:51:44

At 5/3/06 10:39 AM, pepeatumi wrote: With the whole ECW thing what happens with RVD? He has the MITB contract but he would probably be part of the whole ECW revival so does that mean he won't win the WWE or WHC title or will he win it and go to ECW?

If RVD won it and made it exclusive to ECW, I couldn't see it helping ECW or the show he won it from very much. The ECW fans might not ant one of WWE's titles, and Raw/Smackdown would miss its main title and possibly need to make a new main title, devaluing it a bit. Or they could make one main title for both brands like originally. Who knows.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 11:57:17

well, i dont think that Cena is strong enough to beat triple H the wrestlemania 22 was the worst wrestlemania i saw! the only good thing was the hardcore and the ladder match!
but you know here in portugal the wrestling is a bit non-updated

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 11:59:21

I just hate JBL i think he sucks!! hes such an asshole and an arrogant he thinks that hes the king of the world!
but i think that hes might be a good person in real life

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 13:41:46

At 5/3/06 06:35 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Didn't Tazz also call theem the island of misfit wrestlers? The only thing i really hope wwe avoids is having another invasion type gimmick, that would really hurt what ECW is supposed to be about.

I have to agree with that, the promo on Monday was a good way to explain why Joey is leaving, and get the fans to believe any show he appears on is not a WWE show. I don't think crossing the two entities over once a year or so is a bad idea, but for the most part, WWE needs to keep ECW seperate, and not try to improve their own image by taking advantage of the ECW fanbase, or they will lose money on both sides of that coin.

Yes, Taz referred to ECW as "The Island of Misfit Toys" because they were the wrestlers that no other group wanted until Paul Heyman took this misfit crew and made stars out of them. Just goes to show who the true creative genius of wrestling is.

As for questions about RVD? I think him winning the belt would be a good thing as it can lead into possible feuds to explain why ECW is coming back (such as RVD holding the belt "hostage" until the brand is ressurected). If the point is that ECW proper will not begin until September, WWE should take advantage of the oppurtunity to create a summer feud with the ressurected show to help get hype and buzz on it when it redebuts...then either blow the thing off at Summerslam, or Survivor Series. It's also possible they could just go the quick route and have RVD throw the world title down and proclaim himself the ECW Champ, but with the fact that ECW is said to be a third brand, not a replacement for the current two, making throwing down the main title of one brand instantly problematic since throwing down the belt is a rejection of the belt, and an indictment on it's worth. Granted, WWE has pretty well always booked SD! as a B-brand, but I think even they would probably not allow that belt to be thrown down, since it would either have to be used again next Thursday, or a new belt would have to be created and fought for. Not saying it won't happen, just saying to me it seems like WWE will probably shy away from doing it, and I don't really blame them if they do.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 14:23:28

I wonder where Tazz himself will end up in all of this? Will he stay as the announcer for SD or will he co-host or something woth Joey? I don't think that part of it will be true since Styles wants to do commentary alone like he used to (So I'm guessing anyway) and Tazz may not be in any physical condition to wrestle again. I honestly don't know what they will do with him and if they do decide to send him to ECW who will take his place on SD?

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 16:55:41

WWE

The announcement for the new announcer of Monday Night raw.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 17:16:40

At 5/3/06 04:55 PM, Gibo1991 wrote: WWE

Jim Ross? *YAWWWN*!

I mean, I'm Glad to have J.R. Back and all, but would it kill the WWE to do something un-expected in a while?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 17:58:24

At 5/3/06 05:16 PM, redface wrote:

Jim Ross? *YAWWWN*!

I mean, I'm Glad to have J.R. Back and all, but would it kill the WWE to do something un-expected in a while?

I have seen WWE slapping on its own face for many times in the past two years. They just continue to mess up. IF JR was who they needed, why firing him at the beginning? What a bunch of morons!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 18:17:10

At 5/3/06 05:58 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: I have seen WWE slapping on its own face for many times in the past two years. They just continue to mess up. IF JR was who they needed, why firing him at the beginning? What a bunch of morons!

You realized that him being publically fired was a work to cover for his operation, right?

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 20:26:58

At 5/3/06 05:58 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote:
At 5/3/06 05:16 PM, redface wrote: Jim Ross? *YAWWWN*!

I have seen WWE slapping on its own face for many times in the past two years. They just continue to mess up. IF JR was who they needed, why firing him at the beginning? What a bunch of morons!

J.R. is old and boring now, I would have liked to see Todd Grisham, or that kid who does commentary for heat.... Josh Matthews.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 20:44:24

Correction: Josh Matthews does commentary for Velocity, not Heat. Also, it's been reported that Coach is probably not going to be doing commentary anymore (much rejoicing!) so there's room for Todd Grisham on the announce team.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 21:04:30

At 5/3/06 08:44 PM, cornontheconn wrote: Correction: Josh Matthews does commentary for Velocity, not Heat. Also, it's been reported that Coach is probably not going to be doing commentary anymore (much rejoicing!) so there's room for Todd Grisham on the announce team.

huh, well they should get Todd Grisham on RAW, and Josh Matthews on Smackdown! those guy deserve it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-03 21:39:30

At 5/3/06 05:58 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote:
At 5/3/06 05:16 PM, redface wrote:

Jim Ross? *YAWWWN*!

no actually if u think about it supposidly "fireing" him was fake he probaly neede som time off because come to think of it he has been on the wwe for a while without any brake so thats why teh did it and now he is ready to coem back

and can i join been watching wresteling since teh age of 5

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-04 00:10:26

At 5/3/06 06:17 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: You realized that him being publically fired was a work to cover for his operation, right?

Um, you do realize him being fired publicly was a work insofar as him being fired from the company, they had every intention of never using him on RAW again, hoping they would sign UFC announcer Mike Goldberg since they felt they needed a "younger face" for RAW, and that JR is only being brought back because Vince is legitimately unhappy with Joey Styles's announcing, and needs him on the ECW project...RIGHT? : )

oh, and *pwn*

As for Tazz, he can physically still wrestle, he just feels it's for younger people, and he is legitimately happy announcing, I can't see them not moving Tazz over to ECW, that is where Tazz made his name, and to have an ECW show without him would be a big mistake, though SD! would certainly lose a great voice in the booth.

Also Jazz said that if offered a contract for the new ECW, she would more then likely sign it since ECW is where she got her break (explanation to follow if somebody posts "wait...what?")

That's all I've got in answer to your questions for now.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-04 00:16:32

At 5/4/06 12:10 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: oh, and *pwn*

:grumbles and accepts the pwn:

Well pfft. I like JR...I'd be pissed at them for actually firing him, but I guess them bringing him back can cancel that out...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-04 02:32:19

At 5/4/06 12:16 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
grumbles and accepts the pwn:

Yeah, you accept that pwn.

So I'm wondering if ECW has just overshadowed it for some, or if you all haven't heard yet.

It's official, DX is coming back. The plan is for HHH (turned babyface) to reunite with Shawn Michaels and ressurect the famed duo at Vengeance, or just before, according to preview information that was released to a Canadian PPV company (which then got pulled because WWE was not happy this surprise of theirs got leaked). H is said to have become very receptive to the babyface role, and certainly they are slow building this (which makes a lot of sense since RAW has the time to do it, and milk the pay off). It'll be interesting to see how DX is used in this case, will they simply play as rebel foils to Vince? Or will they be used to stand up to the "invading" forces of ECW? Only time will tell.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-04 03:36:33

At 5/4/06 02:32 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 5/4/06 12:16 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
grumbles and accepts the pwn:
Yeah, you accept that pwn.

So I'm wondering if ECW has just overshadowed it for some, or if you all haven't heard yet.

It's official, DX is coming back. The plan is for HHH (turned babyface) to reunite with Shawn Michaels and ressurect the famed duo at Vengeance, or just before, according to preview information that was released to a Canadian PPV company (which then got pulled because WWE was not happy this surprise of theirs got leaked). H is said to have become very receptive to the babyface role, and certainly they are slow building this (which makes a lot of sense since RAW has the time to do it, and milk the pay off). It'll be interesting to see how DX is used in this case, will they simply play as rebel foils to Vince? Or will they be used to stand up to the "invading" forces of ECW? Only time will tell.

It was pretty obvious ever since Wrestlemania that DX would be coming back soon especially last monday the way HHH and Micheals stared at each other but for one thing i don't even consider them DX without X-Pac,Road Dogg,Bad Ass Billy Gunn and Chyna and best of luck to WWE trying to get those guys back considering Road Dogg and X-Pac have been fired more then once cause of drug problems and considering Chyna's bad blood with WWE in the past and still now she probably won't be coming back either,only one i seeing come back if any would be Billy Gunn but Gunn is nothing without Road Dogg but if somehow WWE can manage bringing back the New Age Outlaws that would be indeed godly.

Oh and some real good news here it looks like Coach is not on RAW’s announce team anymore and with Styles “quitting” the final RAW announce team will once again be JR and The King the only annonce duo i love to hear with JR's sensible words and King's hilarous rants about going for "the bad guy" and being ridiculous about it in a funny way plus he didn't seem right at all going for "the good guy" that isn't the King we grew to love as an announcer more then Coach could ever hope to accomplish so i suppose Coach’s new role will probably be on-air talent as a character.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-05-04 10:50:30

At 5/4/06 12:10 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: As for Tazz, he can physically still wrestle, he just feels it's for younger people, and he is legitimately happy announcing, I can't see them not moving Tazz over to ECW, that is where Tazz made his name, and to have an ECW show without him would be a big mistake, though SD! would certainly lose a great voice in the booth.

You silly goose, they have an awesome replacement for Tazz already on Smackdown. I am of course talking about the one, and only, BOOKER T!!

I had a wrestling match with one of my friends today, on the school field. I call it wrestling, it was more like a really poor combination of Sumo Wrestling and submission holds.