00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

concavepgons just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,850,810 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-02 10:35:45

At 7/2/05 08:30 AM, mr_trivia wrote:
At 7/2/05 04:42 AM, secret_toad wrote: Question
How comne in all the Gundams theirs always a dude wearing a mask.
Is it just a style or mabey the mask has some meaning. I always wonderd.

*SPOILERS*

Char Aznable (Mobile Suit Gundam) is secretly Edwin Mass, the brother of Sayla Mass who is a friend of Amuro Ray.

He was also secretly the true heir to Zeon whitch was his whole reason for killing Garma so in order to keep that secret from the Zabi's i would think he would want to stay somehow hidden :P
*END SPOILERS*

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-02 13:49:19

oh cool...i just noticed that the naruto flash we were talking about yesterday got into front page....that's pretty cool ^_^

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-02 13:57:38

I was wondering, wich series is better? Shaman King, One Piece or Naruto?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-02 14:45:39

At 7/2/05 03:53 AM, Warspyer wrote:
At 7/1/05 03:14 PM, 984361 wrote:

just my imagination or does swan from mad TV look like Rumiko Takahashi >.> LMAO not trying to be offending
lolz. It's true. They look kinda the same. thanks for pointing that one out. Are there anymore anime/manga artists that look like something from comedy skits or the like?

to be honest i have no freakin idea >.> i well look into that when ever i feel like it

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-02 15:05:45

At 7/2/05 01:57 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote: I was wondering, wich series is better? Shaman King, One Piece or Naruto?

I personally like Shaman king but I think they stoped showing it at 4kids ive never seen Naruto
and I only saw a few episodes of One piece soo id say Shaman king.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-02 19:42:27

At 7/2/05 01:57 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote: I was wondering, wich series is better? Shaman King, One Piece or Naruto?

NARUTO! I really like the themes they portray during each saga.. and of course the variety of characters. You can relate to at least one of them. Oh! And they have NINJAS! But not shirt ninjas, liek this one. Which isn't me.. er... that's just a picture of er... another shirt ninja.. >_> <_< Just because it says "ME" in big yellow letters, it doesn't mean it's me. :P

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-02 22:41:30

At 7/2/05 04:42 AM, secret_toad wrote: Question
How comne in all the Gundams theirs always a dude wearing a mask.
Is it just a style or mabey the mask has some meaning. I always wonderd.

Ahh but there wasn't one in all the Gundam series.

08th MS team, Gundam 0080, and Gundam 0083 did not have masked dudes.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-02 22:44:02

BTW!

I will not be on for about a week starting Sunday 4:00pm EST because my laptop will be in the shop getting much needed upgrades and repairs it has been needing for about 2 years now. I might be back on here ince or twice because my local library has internet access. I will most likly be back on late Friday. Until be safe my friends.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-03 00:01:00

At 7/2/05 01:49 PM, gaarashukaku wrote: oh cool...i just noticed that the naruto flash we were talking about yesterday got into front page....that's pretty cool ^_^

I have the game those sprites came from on my computer. It's pretty fun and playing as Sakura is simple since you can do her special for every hit, which kills bosses quick. Has anyone played the Samurai Seven PS2 game? It is really fun, except for the fact you have to wait until the end of each chapter, which is annoying when the chapter takes more than an hour.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-03 00:09:20

Correction. Make that Moday at 4 not Sunday :-P

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-03 04:41:49

a few queations
MAJOR Spoiler
In Parinoia agent the lil slugger they cought was fake right and he was just coping the reak one
but the real one does not exsist right. So what happend to the frawer anime and the chick with the perverted incest corrupted cop dad.
End

Also I was thinking to night is the last episode of FLCL in adult swim right and also Fumm metel Alchemist is almost in the last episode as it was before they stoped showeing new episodes right. So do you think next Saturday they will put new Full metal alchemist again.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-03 10:59:06

At 7/3/05 04:41 AM, secret_toad wrote: a few queations
MAJOR Spoiler
In Parinoia agent the lil slugger they cought was fake right and he was just coping the reak one
but the real one does not exsist right. So what happend to the frawer anime and the chick with the perverted incest corrupted cop dad.
End

Also I was thinking to night is the last episode of FLCL in adult swim right and also Fumm metel Alchemist is almost in the last episode as it was before they stoped showeing new episodes right. So do you think next Saturday they will put new Full metal alchemist again.

***SPOILERS***

It looks like there IS a real Little Slugger, but the detectives think the first girl did it to herself, inspiring a copycat. Even if she did, it wouldn't explain what happened to the girl with the phone. If there IS no original li'l Slugger, then the copycay is copying a criminal who never existed....which is just freaky.

***END SPOILERS***

And FMA was only about halfway through. I know because my friend has the entire series on 2 dvd sets, and the first set ends with the last episode they showed on CN.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-03 13:27:49

At 7/3/05 10:59 AM, psykolord wrote:
And FMA was only about halfway through. I know because my friend has the entire series on 2 dvd sets, and the first set ends with the last episode they showed on CN.

wow cool do you know where he got the box set and how much was it?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-03 14:42:52

At 7/3/05 06:58 AM, marchingtyrants wrote: can nyone tell me what the hell is adult swim? i don't know coz i live in SE Asia. There is only 1 channel that shows hentai and anime; animax

Adult swim is on an American channel called Cartoon Network! It shows Anime/cartooon shows for people 13 and older!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-03 22:08:20

At 7/2/05 07:42 PM, ProtoBassX wrote:
NARUTO! I really like the themes they portray during each saga.. and of course the variety of characters. You can relate to at least one of them. Oh! And they have NINJAS! But not shirt ninjas, liek this one. Which isn't me.. er... that's just a picture of er... another shirt ninja.. >_> <_< Just because it says "ME" in big yellow letters, it doesn't mean it's me. :P

I'm a SHIRT NINJA too but i dont have a cool head thingy ............ but i'm also a RED SHIRT NINJA !!!! Any way back on topic ........ i REALLY HATE what the companies do to anime before they put it on TV!!!!

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-03 22:15:46

Wow today was a pretty slow day...

Anyway....I have been playing "Destroy all Humans" today. It's pretty fun game. Now if they made it into an anime style game it would literally RULE!

If you haven't played it yet you should!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-04 13:20:33

At 7/3/05 10:15 PM, BigFan7 wrote: Wow today was a pretty slow day...

Anyway....I have been playing "Destroy all Humans" today. It's pretty fun game. Now if they made it into an anime style game it would literally RULE!

If they did that it wouldn't be as popular! Not evryone likes Anime!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-04 13:50:54

At 7/4/05 01:20 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote:: If they did that it wouldn't be as popular! Not evryone likes Anime!

Really? I thought it would be even more popular!

Well folks. I'll back sometime late Friday! see you all then!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-04 20:20:34

.....I'm not sure you had to classify your "spoiler" about Gundam as a spoiler considering it's completely explained in the series....................................

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-04 20:33:10

Yo! Any one read fruits basket?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 00:31:28

At 7/4/05 08:33 PM, wellsjpd12 wrote: Yo! Any one read fruits basket?

no not really, but i would like to know what its about since i have heard good things from it....

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 01:00:54

i haven't read. but i've seen some fruits basket.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 02:10:05

SwimBuddha has now confirmed NGE is en route for [as].

We have liftoff.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 08:39:10

Tink, I'd like to know if you could change my character representation to Kei Kurono from Gantz if it isn't too much trouble, thanx. For the rest of you, I'm utterly disgusted with Eva being shown on Adult Swim.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 10:59:49

At 7/5/05 08:39 AM, Dudeman05 wrote: Tink, I'd like to know if you could change my character representation to Kei Kurono from Gantz if it isn't too much trouble, thanx. For the rest of you, I'm utterly disgusted with Eva being shown on Adult Swim.

Changing your character is as easy as picking an available character (and Kei seems to be available) and re-listing your 5 favorite anime/manga.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 12:44:05

At 7/2/05 08:30 AM, mr_trivia wrote: It's because they don't want the main protagonist and his friends to know who he is and who he's related to:

Kinda pointles to do it anymore though. Kinda losses it's inpact after 4 times. Make the hero wear the mask sometime lol

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 12:45:01

At 7/1/05 01:45 PM, -HyperShadow- wrote: Hey did anyone known that the creator of Inuyasha also made Ranma?

lllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooolllllllllllllllllllllllll

At 7/1/05 02:49 PM, Brewtality wrote: Yes, I shall do fun stuff, with things, and.... more stuff. Yeah, good times : D

Indeed. :D And I found out the otherday, apparently, fireworks are now legal in my state. :o Or so says my uncle, and the rest of the people I've spoke to. Time to go stock up...

At 7/1/05 03:26 PM, Brewtality wrote: New Naruto flash in the portal. This badassery just made my favorites list.

Cool. Using sprites from the GBA games, nice.

IMO, it goes this way : Naruto > One Piece > Shaman King. They all have good points, and some bad points, but all are great series IMO.

At 7/4/05 08:20 PM, Dudeman05 wrote: .....I'm not sure you had to classify your "spoiler" about Gundam as a spoiler considering it's completely explained in the series....................................

Because some people haven't seen those particular series of the Gundam line.

Yeah, I guess it's cool that [AS] is bringing Evangelion to TV. Cursing and some gore is the most part you'll get out of it, some clevage here and there, but nothing all that strong.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 15:18:14

At 7/5/05 08:39 AM, Dudeman05 wrote: Tink, I'd like to know if you could change my character representation to Kei Kurono from Gantz if it isn't too much trouble, thanx. For the rest of you, I'm utterly disgusted with Eva being shown on Adult Swim.

Yea just list your 5 fav anime again. In case anyone is wondering, the reason I ask this is because when I'm updating the member list it's easier just to look for people who listed 5 fav anime than reading all the way through. So if you do that it'll be official and I'll change it when I update next.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 15:35:42

Hehe I thought this was kinda cute. A Trigun flash.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-05 15:37:15

Wow I figured I would miss alot when im gone but not really. I want animax dam im stuck with lame ass Adult swim bummer.I have read some Fruit basket but only Japanese ones that I dont under stand and they were all hentai ones so yea I gess I havent read the main ones. And to see the ones I have seen go to Doujindomination.com They have a shit load of hentai/mangas fer free so yea. And what kinda shows are on Animax????? And whats this there showing Eva on Adult Swim???? Wow thats lame they will kill it and chopp it into pieces and pee on it lol. Well dam im glad to be back after 5 days of non stop drinking lol.

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature