00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CyanSilverwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,835,941 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 10:03:45

At 1/3/05 02:42 AM, newbman wrote: Plus i'm a higher rank than many who have been around longer, i guess it pays to submit points everyday.

So what? Are you calling me lazy or something? You wanna cookie?

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 15:57:07

A cookie would be nice, thank you. And no i'm not targerting you at all.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 18:13:08

At 1/3/05 06:53 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
At 1/3/05 06:20 AM, Alkador wrote: Any suggestions?
I'd say definetly Excel Saga. It's not funny, but Akira is an anime classic. GTO is funny, not sure if it's a girly funny though. Ranma 1/2 seems to be popular with both sexes, so I'd say go with that, even if you think it's not. There's Love Hina, but that might have too much fan service for some of the girls. Chobits is popular with most of the girls I know. One Piece maybe, but I've not seen it, so I have no clue to it's humor. Maburaho is too new, and the second season is shit anyway. Ooh, if you can get your hands on Otaku no Video, thats funnier than all hell. It's hard to find though. And don't forget the sequal, More Otaku no Video. Thats about all I can think of for now.

I would also recommend Otaku no Video but I havent been able to find a copy on DVD, VHS only since it's a little old. I think One Piece is a little childish since I ran a search on my cable box and found that Fox Kids runs it on Saturday Mornings, but I've not seen it myself yet. I think Excel Saga is the best bet but you may miss of of the refrences since some of them are pretty obscure.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 20:56:42

I can't remeber any, no. Anime mostly take splace in the futrue, and sometimes in the present, but there's prbible a war manga out there somewhere, check viz.com or tokyopop.com . If those don't work than use google .

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 20:58:55

At 1/2/05 11:00 PM, newbman wrote: Bigfan7 are you a member of teh AAHC if not, we need a hentai pervert like you. You can supply us with links and crap.

I think i might join that club too. BTW the pic i posted is not a hentai pic. It's an actual picture from the Love Hina manga volume 14. It's of Shinobu age 19.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 21:00:55

At 1/3/05 08:37 PM, ssjdeathpenguin24 wrote: Anyone know of animes that take part in the past, I mean like WW 2 backwards, getting pretty sick of robots :).

You could try a little anime series called Inuyasha, or Reronie Kinshien. (sorry for the bad spelling) or Crono Crusade.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 21:22:51

At 1/3/05 08:58 PM, BigFan7 wrote: I think i might join that club too.

You should. But that's all I'm going to say aobut it any more. Nice job double posting though. Oh and yeah, those ones he named are past manga, but as for INuYasha, it takes place in the presesnt, only in a different time get it. But those he listed are fantasy and go wayyyyyyy back in time. I really don't know fi there are any WW anime.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 22:02:42

I wanna know something. Since when was it that hentai was so bad here that you can't talk about it at all? It shouldn't be that it can't be talked about here at all. It's anime related so it shouldn't be a problem. If you don't like it then ignore it. If you do like it then talk about it. It shouldn't be such a big deal. The only thing is, don't smear hentai pics all over the pages. Not only does it seriously bother the people that don't like it but it also gets annoying after a while.
(If you wanna kill me for this Wonko I'm sorry but it's something that's been bothering me for a while now.)

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 22:29:02

Well sorry about not being here for a bit guys. (No Wonko I didn't dissappear, I had house guests.)
Now I'm not feeling well and I don't know when I'll get better. I just wanted to check in so I don't get too behind in reading. I hate when I get behind...
Babbling again... anyhow, when I get better, Wonko and I will start writting the first battle. I hope to feel well soon so we can get this started. I might not be around for a couple more days but I hope to feel well soon. Talk to you all asap.

(Another peev of mine that I have to get out. What's the big thing with 2 posts in a row. WHO CARES. It's when people play a Kouga that it gets really annoying. :P)

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 22:47:00

hey Tink, i belive i haven't had the pleasure. I'm newbman. I'm a new commer here, and very pleased to here your warm words.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 23:01:35

At 1/3/05 06:53 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Second is Alucard vs. Edward, so people need to vote in this now.

Hey is it Edward from Cowboy Bebop or another Edward? I have to ask cus I never heard of any other Ed in an anime but Ed's a girl so it makes it girl vs man. (what an unfair battle that will be ;_;) Anyhoo. Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky 4th (if it is her) get's my vote ^_^

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 23:14:01

If it IS that Edward, if she won the vote, then I'd love to see how the battle played out. Guarenteed hiliariousness.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 23:15:14

At 1/3/05 10:29 PM, Tink13 wrote: (Another peev of mine that I have to get out. What's the big thing with 2 posts in a row. WHO CARES. It's when people play a Kouga that it gets really annoying. :P)

I thought it was against the BBS rules before, but after a quick check I guess it's ok!

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-03 23:25:34

At 1/3/05 11:14 PM, Noctroler wrote: If it IS that Edward,

Actually if my memory serves me right it is Edward from FMA.

if she won the vote, then I'd love to see how the battle played out. Guarenteed hiliariousness.

True, very true. Heh, just found out there was a Star Ocean anime, going to see the two volumes of it sooner or later.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 00:29:28

At 1/3/05 11:15 PM, Noctroler wrote:
At 1/3/05 10:29 PM, Tink13 wrote: (Another peev of mine that I have to get out. What's the big thing with 2 posts in a row. WHO CARES. It's when people play a Kouga that it gets really annoying. :P)
I thought it was against the BBS rules before, but after a quick check I guess it's ok!

Its actually not against the rules its only when you triple post and when I watched Inuyasha I found out that he is a half demon of the dog tribe.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 01:44:44

At 1/3/05 10:02 PM, Tink13 wrote:

Well done, even you missed my point. I don't allow pictures, I don't want to start taking over the AAH, and I don't like people advertising the AAH here. If somebody wants to talk about how attractive one certain character in an anime is (as BigFan does) I usually have no objection.

And Aasha, if it's divided into a male tournament and a separate female tournament, how the fuck can it be Ed from Cowboy Bebop? It's Edward from Full Metal Alchemist.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 05:18:51

At 1/4/05 01:44 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: And Aasha, if it's divided into a male tournament and a separate female tournament, how the fuck can it be Ed from Cowboy Bebop? It's Edward from Full Metal Alchemist.

Ok, I'll vote Edward to win then.

And thank you everyone for your suggestions, they will become useful for this year, since I have to find something to promote the club and the LOTE co-odinator (My Japanese Teacher), kicks me when no girls go.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 16:38:27

I just started reading this Manga call Juyenile Orion. It's an okay plot, but the drawings are pretty amature. It's also not published by a big name compainy, and it reads American style. So i'm problbly gonna finish the manga, but after, i'm probiobly not going to turn back to it.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 17:30:08

Would the show Witch Hunter Robin be considered anime even though it is done Korean style art? Because its made in japan.

Dumb-ass question I know but I need an answer.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 19:19:04

At 1/4/05 05:30 PM, Sword_master000 wrote: Would the show Witch Hunter Robin be considered anime even though it is done Korean style art? Because its made in japan.

Dumb-ass question I know but I need an answer.

A lot of anime is Korean and Chinese, but most of it is Japanese. Transformers, I believe, is Chinese. King of Hell is Korean.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 19:34:54

Heh anime is Japanses style animation. I've seen american anime, but i can't remember the names. Oh some shows have rough anime connections like Totally spys or POwer Puff Girls.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 19:55:07

At 1/4/05 07:36 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: After almost a month, I finally have a chance to review this at Wonko's request.

Took you long enough. I've been bugging you about it far too much.

First off, The stereotype of anime geekitry is off. Not all anime fans are geeks. Just a small gripe.

Meh. Ryu is basically me when I was 14, so he gets to be smaller than everyone else.

Also, I'm picturing Ryu as Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I dunno why, but I do. Messy hair and a wacky weapon.

Messy hair, yes, weapon, no.

I think the Bahamut/Ash segment was great, but the craping seemed thrown in there and uneccesary.

SCREW YOU WENCH!

After that, everything seem to fall in very nicely. Although the abscence of Inuyasha did pose a problem. Where did he go and all that?

EPisode 2 shall explain all. Or not. It'll leave more for episode 3 to explain.

Pimp Daddy Tenchi was gold. GOLD I TELL YOU!!!

Yay?

Overall, it wasn't bad. Funny and paradious. I can actually see evrything happening in typical anime fashion.

Goody

My Rating....8/10

Ack! A bad review. Alrighty. Time to put a horse's head in Red's bed, then commit seppuku

*searches for microphone*

I thought you needed to steal one from a friend :-P

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 20:06:09

microphones coast like 2$ at Radio Shack.

Oh I went back and read it. I think it'll give anime a bad name to people who only know about the kiidy and popular anime(Ryo's friends).
Ryo is a way too common name, plus it means child of the sword, and he lives in NJ, come on, is he even japanese? If you still want a Japanese name try something like Isshin, or Tomonroi, or even Naoya. I think those names are slick.
Oh and I can see Sasami giving away for cash, but no. I'm sorry it would give way bad image, you need to make it what she's thinking that Tenchi'd do. Then you should turn to what's really happening, like a nice game of Mah Jong or something.
You need it to star some one from ONe Peice as wel, if your going for the TV anime. And maybe teen titans.
THis might seem like i'm going hard on it, but for it to be good, and respected, you should try that. Oh and if you can make Japanese subtitles, or spek it in Japanese with english subtitles that would be cool.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 20:12:15

At 1/4/05 08:06 PM, newbman wrote: Oh I went back and read it. I think it'll give anime a bad name to people who only know about the kiidy and popular anime(Ryo's friends).

That was kind of the freaking point.

Ryo is a way too common name, plus it means child of the sword, and he lives in NJ, come on, is he even japanese? If you still want a Japanese name try something like Isshin, or Tomonroi, or even Naoya. I think those names are slick.

No, he;s not Japanese, he's american. And it's Ryu, and thats not even his name. Read the freaking script again, not once is his name ever mentioned in it.

Oh and I can see Sasami giving away for cash, but no. I'm sorry it would give way bad image, you need to make it what she's thinking that Tenchi'd do. Then you should turn to what's really happening, like a nice game of Mah Jong or something.

*cough* Tenchi was in a pimp suit for a reason, dumbass.

You need it to star some one from ONe Peice as wel, if your going for the TV anime. And maybe teen titans.

I'll use any damn characters I fucking feel like. And teen titans is an american piece of shit that badly tries to imitate anime.

THis might seem like i'm going hard on it, but for it to be good, and respected, you should try that. Oh and if you can make Japanese subtitles, or spek it in Japanese with english subtitles that would be cool.

Or not. This project has been going since summe,r and I already have six of the characters lines. Am I supposed to learn Japanese, translate the script, and force them all to say the lines again? Fuck you, it's in English, because this website is in English.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 20:18:58

okay don't taqke my advice it'll still get fies from like 3/4th the population fo ng.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 20:19:53

At 1/4/05 08:18 PM, newbman wrote: okay don't taqke my advice it'll still get fies from like 3/4th the population fo ng.

It'll get that anyway for being anime. And I don't see how your advice will make it any better.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 20:25:14

i know, it's okay. I was just trying to help* breaks down and crys* i'm okay really*wipes tears from face* OKay i'm cool now. *Flashes a big toothy smile and does the peace sign thing* Peace out!

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 20:35:48

At 1/4/05 08:25 PM, newbman wrote: i know, it's okay. I was just trying to help* breaks down and crys* i'm okay really*wipes tears from face* OKay i'm cool now. *Flashes a big toothy smile and does the peace sign thing* Peace out!

No, show me one piece of advice you gave me that would be an improvement? I shouldn't give a bad name to regualr teenagers? Then that makes it harder to understand that he escapes to a dreamworld to get away from the shit he puts up with in real life. Turn the pimp scene into a Mah Jongg game? Well the creepy old man is getting drawn as Master Roshi and has his voice, so that fails to make sense, and since that bit is Mihoshi's imagination, that'll make even less sense. Change his name? It's not mentioned, and wont ever be throughout the entire series, he's called Ryu because it saves from writing "Main Character" before all his lines, also originally his name was gonna be Jamie in real life, and Ryu in the dream, but it turned out I got around without ever having to use his name.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 20:36:31

Wanted to drop in and let you all know I'm not dead. Still feel like shit but not dead yet. Pretty much just came to say hi.
Oh and I found the comic party anime so I think I'm gonna watch it sometime and se what newbman keeps raving about. I can't afford manga at this point so I won't be looking into that anytime soon. Oh and who here has seen DNA² ? It's kinda weird but it's not too bad.

Response to Anime Club 2005-01-04 20:43:09

can't afford manga!

My borders sells ALL manga at 10 bucks. Ona if you can afford a DVD thewn you can afford the manga.