00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,824,450 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 18:27:23

At 9/20/14 06:24 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 9/20/14 06:16 PM, Sevkat wrote: My friend just called and told me that there's a party at a friend's house, he's got a soundproof room with a shitload of instruments, I'm gonna bring my strat and jam out.
be sure to belt out some ROCKIN TUNEZ and show them what's what

Meh, it's okay, it's my buddy who's my age, and his dad I'm going with. It's my buddy's dad's friend's party, he's the one with the studio. It's kinda lame because all they wanna play is boring stuff, like Led Zep, where's I'm more interested in playing my own stuff. Last time I went he was like "OH BRO DO U KNO HOW TO PALY 4 WHO DA BELL TOLLS", I was like sure ok. They were both p unorganized, it was p lame. Plus they're both over fucking 40 years old.

Also, I'm babysitting right now, so I don't really have time for animu.

I'll definitely watch two eps tomorrow, doe.
lol babysitting what are you 12 LOL why aren't you a cool NEET loser like me lol

sounds like a good plan though, especially since that lets me be lazy and go to sleep early after Doctor Who

Awesome, sounds like a plan.
...Man.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-20 20:23:58

At 9/20/14 05:45 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 9/20/14 05:23 PM, Oolaph wrote:
I'm not watching a fuckin' english dub, bruth/a/s.

Refusing to watch a dub even when it's unanimously agreed all over that it's superior. That's weeaboo talk.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-21 00:56:26

I only watch my animes in their original, Japanese language, because English dub va's are awful and are only in it for the money while the original Japanese va's do not do it for money, but to preserve the spirit of how it was meant to be watched ^____^

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-21 01:06:31

slowly devoured ashita no joe over the past few days and i'm fucking satisfied with this end. i would've been disappointed if the verdict of this final match was any different.

you nerds better have a good reason if you haven't experienced this manga yet.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-21 01:10:45

At 9/21/14 01:06 AM, towelie101 wrote: slowly devoured ashita no joe over the past few days and i'm fucking satisfied with this end. i would've been disappointed if the verdict of this final match was any different.

Already experienced it. There is simply nothing else like it out there.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-21 01:20:13

At 9/21/14 01:10 AM, Onett wrote:
At 9/21/14 01:06 AM, towelie101 wrote: slowly devoured ashita no joe over the past few days and i'm fucking satisfied with this end. i would've been disappointed if the verdict of this final match was any different.

Already experienced it. There is simply nothing else like it out there.

based hox is fucking awesome for delivering the rest of it. i haven't been hyped by anything like it in a while. i'm pretty tempted to pick up ippo now but that shit's like 100 volumes compared to joe. i know it won't hold a candle to the latter anyway.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-21 01:31:00

At 9/21/14 01:20 AM, towelie101 wrote:

based hox is fucking awesome for delivering the rest of it. i haven't been hyped by anything like it in a while. i'm pretty tempted to pick up ippo now but that shit's like 100 volumes compared to joe. i know it won't hold a candle to the latter anyway.

Yeah but they're not necessarily the same, I don't think it's fair to compare both. Joe is more human drama while Ippo is simply a really phenomenal sports comedy series. Ashita no Joe has a lot of social commentary on social classes and the end result of the huge social-economic gap. Along with it's coming of age boxing. Hajime no Ippo is coming of age, but it's also strictly about the sport itself and the characters who devote their lives to it.

Joe is a lot more fulfilling since it's a finished work, but I don't regret that month of reading Hajime no Ippo and catching up the latest chapters of the time.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-21 01:47:42

At 9/21/14 01:31 AM, Onett wrote: Joe is a lot more fulfilling since it's a finished work, but I don't regret that month of reading Hajime no Ippo and catching up the latest chapters of the time.

That'd be typically 3-4 volumes a day, unless you marathon read like 10 occasionally. Not so bad.

I just noticed that the anime of joe was fully subbed early this summer as well. Gonna pick that shit up before I even think of tackling Ippo.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-21 09:23:54

I think the Cowbop dub is a bit overblown. Both audio tracks are very good by anime standards, and sure that's rarer in english versions but I don't think it's essential to watch it dubbed because of that. It's good either way. Most seem to just prefer whichever version they saw first.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-21 14:09:42

At 9/20/14 08:23 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 9/20/14 05:45 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 9/20/14 05:23 PM, Oolaph wrote:
I'm not watching a fuckin' english dub, bruth/a/s.
Refusing to watch a dub even when it's unanimously agreed all over that it's superior. That's weeaboo talk.

imma str8up wabo m8

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-21 20:46:24

At 9/21/14 09:23 AM, Jackho wrote: Both audio tracks are very good by anime standards, and sure that's rarer in english versions

Good English dubs are not rare at all anymore. Lots of them are well done, now. I dunno if dubs that are actually better than the original are, though. I can't really say that I know of many animes I'd be totally adamant about watching in English aside from maybe Shin Chan and Lupin III series 2 + Secret of Mamo. Damn, I wish they'd get Tony Oliver, Richard Epcar and the rest of the group to dub the other Lupin series and the movies.

At 9/21/14 12:56 AM, Onett wrote: I only watch my animes in their original, Japanese language, because English dub va's are awful and are only in it for the money while the original Japanese va's do not do it for money, but to preserve the spirit of how it was meant to be watched ^____^

roru!

Anime Club

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-22 15:41:25

Been there, done that.

That's where I learn Kamina's death was based off from, also his dad's name was Joe...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-22 18:42:48

For me it's more than just that the Bebop dub is really good it's also that it feels a lot more like it was meant to be in English. The setting, characters, music are all suited more to an English dub. Same with shows like Baccano or Monster where the setting is western and having all the characters speaking Japanese is weird.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-22 21:40:02

At 9/22/14 06:42 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: For me it's more than just that the Bebop dub is really good it's also that it feels a lot more like it was meant to be in English. The setting, characters, music are all suited more to an English dub. Same with shows like Baccano or Monster where the setting is western and having all the characters speaking Japanese is weird.

Also, the person who helped composed the tracks for the series actually prefer the English dub as well. Must have done something right to warrant that at least.

I think the issue is that aside from people being too overzealous on the Japanese version, there's also the fact that the dubs back in the days sucked.

This can really leave a bad taste in any anime fans' mouths.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-26 13:54:51

Apparently, James Cameron is planning to make a movie based on Battle Angel. This doesn't sit well with me. I bet he'll tone it down, for one thing.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-28 08:32:47

just finished the first season of Legend of the Galactic Heroes without Sevkat because he's a lame-o

oooooooooooooh my wooooooooooooooooooooord this is good stuff

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-28 14:05:39

Currently frustrated that "Kenichi the Strongest Disciple", manga has ended. I hope they make a sequel soon like, Kenichi the Strongest Expert or Master manga. This long running manga was a classic.

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.”~Ikkaku from Bleach.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-29 00:37:19

At 9/28/14 02:05 PM, Gozeta wrote: Currently frustrated that "Kenichi the Strongest Disciple", manga has ended. I hope they make a sequel soon like, Kenichi the Strongest Expert or Master manga. This long running manga was a classic.

c.583 (end) by MangaStream (15d ago)

ah/oh my goddess also ended earlier this year. never really cared for either tho.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-29 01:01:53

Toonami just ended showing Space Dandy. I found the last episode to be meh.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-29 15:27:20

At 9/29/14 01:01 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami just ended showing Space Dandy. I found the last episode to be meh.

I remember watching Toonami back then. With DBZ and Voltron in it's roster. What IS Space Dandy?? O.o

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.”~Ikkaku from Bleach.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-30 22:59:40

At 9/29/14 03:27 PM, Gozeta wrote: I remember watching Toonami back then. With DBZ and Voltron in it's roster. What IS Space Dandy?? O.o

It is a show about a guy that is an alien hunter, and likes to visit boobies ( space version of Hooters). I have heard many people praise it, but I do not think it is that great.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-10-01 07:51:04

If I wanted to get into anime, what should i start off by watching? ^^

Response to Anime Club 2014-10-01 08:39:47

Just reached the halfway point in Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Second season was great, but a bit of a step down from the first. I'm expecting some big stuff will happen soon though.

Response to Anime Club 2014-10-01 14:13:45

At 9/30/14 10:59 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

It is a show about a guy that is an alien hunter, and likes to visit boobies ( space version of Hooters). I have heard many people praise it, but I do not think it is that great.

Sounds like a mix of Cowboy Bebop and City Hunter.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-10-05 14:40:48

The anime that got me really interested in the genre was Bleach. It's a great series. I recommend it to you, but only if you enjoy long shounen series.

One word of advice: skip the fillers. They're annoying and boring.

Oh well thanks but i have no idea what Shounen even is :P

Response to Anime Club 2014-10-05 16:59:54

At 10/5/14 02:40 PM, Toastie wrote: Oh well thanks but i have no idea what Shounen even is :P

Basically anime made for young boys.

What anime have you seen that you liked? Cowboy Bebop is generally considered a good start. And Ghibli movies like Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa and Spirited Away. Those can often appeal to both anime fans and people who don't normally watch anime.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-10-05 22:02:34

shounen is roughly equivalent to the "young adult" demographic in the west.

Response to Anime Club 2014-10-06 02:06:49

Response to Anime Club 2014-10-06 16:49:41

Have any of you seen Gugure! Kokkuri-san , it looks fucking sweet , I've been waiting for an anime like this , I can't wait for a new episode .

Steam |

Yes i do like mudkips

Response to Anime Club 2014-10-07 19:59:06

At 10/6/14 02:06 AM, towelie101 wrote: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2014-10-06/naruto-manga-to-end-in-5-weeks/.79600

Wow, it will actually come to an end?

BBS Signature