00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

babydash65 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,827,620 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-12 05:02:25

I just finished Darker than Black and came away satisfied, it was a high quality series and I enjoyed it.

Now, onto Fruits Basket!

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-12 05:26:06

I don't understand how anyone can openly hate Anime yet love The Matrix. The rest of us who cherish and know Anime can tell you The Matrix and all visual effects were nothing new, bullet time, running on walls indefinitely, city Night lights illuminating your body as you fly like superman, and the coup de gras Big Fucking Robots as the means to destruction AND Salvation of the human race provided they can be controlled which will ultimately illude you as control is an illusion all taken from previously existing Anime features the only difference is The Matrix was done in Live Action with CGI effects that before were either impossible or too expensive but in conventional animation anything is possible. The biggest one of all was Ghost in the Shell 1. There is talk of doing a Ghost in the Shell Live Action movie but it's been done: The Matrix. Jacking in to a computer network through a plug in the back of your neck, taking cover from a massive deal of gunfire behind a stone pillar that's getting shot to pieces, everything you believe you've experienced to be the fabrication of a sadistic machine mind: All Stolen from Ghost in the Shell 1.

I prefer to think of Ghost in the Shell 1 as the quintessential Anime instead of Akira. Akira was THE MOST overrated Anime ever! I always preferred the premise of "Heroic females, exhibitionist or otherwise." And you'll never hear the hardcore Anime fanboys complain about hardcore gratuitous nudity! Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence was just awful! Like most sequels are! The real winner is when Major Kusanagi essentially "lives on" as opposed to "dying" and I'm sure you understand why I use quotation marks. That's why Stand Alone Complex was so successful.

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing

Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots

It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-12 06:15:40

At 11/12/10 05:26 AM, Iron-Claw wrote: All Stolen from Ghost in the Shell 1.

You say that as if they don't acknowledge it.
Grabbed of wikipedia:

Ghost in the Shell was a strong influence. Producer Joel Silver has stated that the Wachowski brothers first described their intentions for The Matrix by showing him that anime and saying, "We wanna do that for real".

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-12 14:36:06

At 11/12/10 06:15 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

Whether or not they acknowledged it doesn't give them the right to take credit for other people's work.
There's nothing that pisses me off more than seeing people steal ideas, market them as their own and make billions off it. It's the main reason why I boycott Disney.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-12 16:38:41

At 11/12/10 02:36 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
Whether or not they acknowledged it doesn't give them the right to take credit for other people's work.
There's nothing that pisses me off more than seeing people steal ideas, market them as their own and make billions off it. It's the main reason why I boycott Disney.

Here's an image for you because I have no interest in debatoing with a hypocritical parasite such as yourself.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-12 17:21:56

I actually just got done watching the Animatrix, which I happen to prefer over the actual films. 'World Record' is still my favorite of the bunch because of just how kinetic and awesome the animation is.

I also watched Dead Leaves after hearing about it here and it was a lot of exaggeration, funny, and highly stylish fun.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-13 05:22:21

At 11/8/10 10:55 PM, orangebomb wrote: It's an okay list, except for FLCL, I thought this anime was crap overall.
except for FLCL, I thought this anime was crap

:FLCL was crap

Orange fuck you. Hail, oh god of dark flame, lord Canti! Now that thats over I think i'm gonna re-watch the new NGE movies along with Cowboy Bebop since I am banned from Combat Arms for a week. Maybe throw in FLCL now that I have it in my head.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-13 07:13:13

I started reading the manga of Kaiji. I have already read past the part where the anime series ended. The games that Kaiji plays after that are even more intense than what he played before. Anybody who liked the anime should read it because they're not releasing a 2nd season to the anime anytime soon.

I also read another manga by Noboyuki Fukumoto called Buraiden Gai, which is very brilliant like all of his work. Nobody does better psychological manga.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-13 11:35:21

I just watched Ghost In The Shell and I'm real confused. Can anyone explain that ending to me? Also, how do they transfer the peoples 'souls' (or 'ghosts') into robotic bodies without, in some cases, moving the entire brain? And lastly, where do the original bodies go?

Thanks

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-13 23:08:55

At 11/12/10 02:36 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:

I'm certain that they didn't take credit on something that they were influenced from, The Matrix and GITS are similar in a lot of ways, but that doesn't mean the Matrix was a ripoff of GITS in any way shape or form. There is a polar difference between being influenced by something and ripping it off altogether.

Disney don't directly "steal" from anime, although you do see that some of their works are similar to anime, {i.e Lion King being based off Kimba the White Lion.} I'm not big on Disney myself, but it's for much different reasons than "stealing" anime. After all, without Disney's influence in Japan, we wouldn't be watching anime now, but I'm sure everyone knows that by now.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-14 10:28:38

At 11/13/10 07:13 AM, DeIirium wrote: Anybody who liked the anime should read it because they're not releasing a 2nd season to the anime anytime soon.

I've had part 2 on my HD for a while but never have enough free time to read it.

I also read another manga by Noboyuki Fukumoto called Buraiden Gai, which is very brilliant like all of his work.

Yeah, I agree. I read Gai a month or two ago and it was very good.

-------------

Currently trudging my way through Fate/stay Night again. I'm going to be busy for the next week or so playing the game (I logged about ~4 days of time during my last playthrough); this time I won't be using the flowchart/guide. Hopefully the bad/dead ends aren't too depressing.

weekly dosage of P&S praise, by the way. Awesome episode.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-14 14:16:18

This current anime season is really shaping up to be a good one; a bunch of my favorites are coming from here...

Also, Squid Girl is much better than I thought it would be. And, admit it guys, the last part of episode 5 with the mini Squid Girl had to be one of the cutest things you've ever seen.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-14 14:19:10

At 11/12/10 05:21 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I actually just got done watching the Animatrix, which I happen to prefer over the actual films. 'World Record' is still my favorite of the bunch because of just how kinetic and awesome the animation is.

That movie was hit and miss. But yeah, some of the shorts in that were better than the actual films. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but The Second Renaissance was my favourite.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-14 17:47:08

At 11/14/10 02:16 PM, firemaker60 wrote: Squid Girl is much better than I thought it would be

Yeah, saw first ep at my friends house a couple of days ago, pretty funny although I imagine a few vocal people here would dislike it immensely.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-14 19:15:32

At 11/14/10 05:47 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 11/14/10 02:16 PM, firemaker60 wrote: Squid Girl is much better than I thought it would be
Yeah, saw first ep at my friends house a couple of days ago, pretty funny although I imagine a few vocal people here would dislike it immensely.

Watched first episode on Youtube.
Teen girls trying to act cute.
Fuck this shit.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-14 19:19:11

I'd be interested in joining. Big anime fan.

A series I've watched recently and think you guys should check out is Highschool of the Dead. It's a really cool zombie apocalypse anime with over the top action and an intriguing storyline. I highly recommend it.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-14 20:10:00

Seen the series badass. try watching GAINIX's new series Panty and Stocking with Gartrebelt

The new implement of carnage vvvvv

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 02:47:20

At 11/13/10 11:35 AM, JaY11 wrote: I just watched Ghost In The Shell and I'm real confused. Can anyone explain that ending to me? Also, how do they transfer the peoples 'souls' (or 'ghosts') into robotic bodies without, in some cases, moving the entire brain? And lastly, where do the original bodies go?

Thanks

I believe that's what makes for the appeal of Ghost in the Shell os that no one is meant to have the right or wrong answer it's what you the viewer make of it. That's what we call "open ended."

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing

Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots

It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 03:56:58

Who watches Naruto Shippuuden?

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 04:00:51

By the way to whoever organise the group I join ;]

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 09:51:59

At 11/14/10 03:46 PM, Rummy0 wrote: K-On! fucking rapes everything, it's awesoem.

Also who here likes Outlaw Star?

Looks ancient. Anyways i watched all of Cowboy Bebob without getting up once. Good show; wish they had more of Spikes and Edwards past in it though. Waiting for the third NGE Rebuild movie patiently; 2.0 set the bar pretty high. Im gonna buy all the movies and the series when they come out >.>

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 09:55:35

At 11/15/10 03:56 AM, SuBmIT95 wrote: Who watches Naruto Shippuuden?

Um probably almost no one in this group. I quit watching it cause it got boring but then I started reading the manga. It seems pretty close to coming to a end in the manga so im happy :3 .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 11:04:27

I started watching Bakemonogatari cause I was having trouble finding a good Dunbine stream.

I absolutely LOVE it. The art style is one of my favorites and when they referenced Gaijin 4-Koma I laughed more than I had ever laughed at any anime.

This is definitely gonna be one of my favorites of all time.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 13:04:30

At 11/15/10 11:33 AM, Mendou wrote:
At 11/15/10 11:04 AM, Odio wrote: I started watching Bakemonogatari
I did too, then I stopped because I thought it was so boring.

I don't really find it boring. I find the conversations interesting and the little flashcards that appear for half a second really intrigue me. It's kind of humorous and I think Senjougahara is the greatest tsundere of all time. She talks exactly like me. It's awesome.

I can understand how it seems boring though. A lot of it is confusing.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 13:19:40

At 11/15/10 09:55 AM, UCanCallMeJesus wrote:
At 11/15/10 03:56 AM, SuBmIT95 wrote: Who watches Naruto Shippuuden?
Um probably almost no one in this group. I quit watching it cause it got boring but then I started reading the manga. It seems pretty close to coming to a end in the manga so im happy :3 .

Ahh man too bad you stopped Naruto Shippuden is the best anime of all ;]

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 15:09:13

At 11/15/10 02:33 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 11/15/10 01:19 PM, SuBmIT95 wrote:
It appears we have a young sapling in our midst, or perhaps he would prove to be a WEED.

You get your act together, as leader of our club, I cannot sit idly by and witness stagnation develop here.

No naruto fans or discussion here, it's utter trash and I shan't tollerate it.

Hold on here.What do you have against me?
Did I say something bad to you?I don't think you are right here.
This is an anime club and Naruto Shippuuden is an anime plus I have the right to express my opinions so you can't tell me what to do or offend me without no reason. >:(

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 15:32:29

At 11/15/10 03:09 PM, SuBmIT95 wrote:
At 11/15/10 02:33 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote:
At 11/15/10 01:19 PM, SuBmIT95 wrote:
It appears we have a young sapling in our midst, or perhaps he would prove to be a WEED.

You get your act together, as leader of our club, I cannot sit idly by and witness stagnation develop here.

No naruto fans or discussion here, it's utter trash and I shan't tollerate it.
Hold on here.What do you have against me?
Did I say something bad to you?I don't think you are right here.
This is an anime club and Naruto Shippuuden is an anime plus I have the right to express my opinions so you can't tell me what to do or offend me without no reason. >:(

Yeah... but Naruto in all it's forms are shit, we hee at the Anime Club too have our opinions and because we have a considerable and larger geek knowledge and therefore have much more massive E-Peens, everything you think is good is wrong because we have a much more dominate and correct opinion than yours.

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 17:39:38

At 11/15/10 04:04 PM, Mendou wrote: Naruto is a great series, I don't know what you guys are on about.

I could talk about Naruto and One Piece all day if it suited me

This group tends to frown on that though because they are 'casual' or 'shitty' series

Better to avoid the argument altogether and focus on what we share in common

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 18:02:28

I think Naruto is decent, but a little overrated and too popular with the autistic crowd.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2010-11-15 22:53:16

At 11/15/10 06:02 PM, Odio wrote: I think Naruto is decent, but a little overrated and too popular with the autistic crowd.

Oh NOOEESSSSSSSS. FUCK it im not reading it anymore if those dam autistics like it.

</sarcasm>

BBS Signature