00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Colinozo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,829,944 Views | 59,823 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 15:48:14

Well AlltoAvi is working great for converting my mkv files to avi...with Embedded subtitles! Having problems with the final episodes of Slayers Next..but I'm wondering if maybe there is just a problem with the video file.

The reviews for Black Lagoon are good, but I don't think it would be my kind of anime.

I knew following Haruhism would work out!

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 16:02:02

At 4/14/07 03:50 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote:

I guess, i watched the anime but i found it very boring.I was actually falling asleep watching one episode and it wasn't even late at night. Im sure the manga is better.

Well the series is a politically driven existential action drama that relies heavily on dialogue, so I don't see how the manga would make it more interesting..in fact that would be a lot of reading if all the anime dialogue came straight from the manga. It is probably just not your style of anime. Not mine either.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 16:23:23

At 4/14/07 03:48 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: I knew following Haruhism would work out!

It certainly did for me, but why Puchiko?

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 16:48:38

At 4/14/07 04:23 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 4/14/07 03:48 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: I knew following Haruhism would work out!
It certainly did for me, but why Puchiko?

If Puchiko is the little girl, then I put it there because both of those are images used in the AlltoAvi program. Puchiko when it is opening, and Mikuru for the converting options screen.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 17:03:10

At 4/14/07 04:48 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: If Puchiko is the little girl, then I put it there because both of those are images used in the AlltoAvi program. Puchiko when it is opening, and Mikuru for the converting options screen.

That is a very interesting choice of characters they have used. I figured that they would have gone with the Gamers Mascot Character instead.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 17:39:49

I now declare the tenant philosophical ideology of this club Haruism; a tasty blend of Solipsism, Existentialism, and a hint of Transcendental Idealism (from Kantianism)!

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 17:41:42

At 4/14/07 05:39 PM, Noctroler wrote: I now declare the tenant philosophical ideology of this club Haruism; a tasty blend of Solipsism, Existentialism, and a hint of Transcendental Idealism (from Kantianism)!

Make things easier for yourself and establish it on the new boards.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 17:45:47

At 4/14/07 04:02 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: Well the series is a politically driven existential action drama that relies heavily on dialogue,

Wow, I've already lost all interest in it based off that sentence.

At 4/14/07 04:02 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: so I don't see how the manga would make it more interesting.

Agreed, if anything, it'd be duller.

Also, watching episode 1 of Haruhi at 6:45 AM after a day with no sleep = maddening and hilarious at the same time.

I'm trying to get my friends into the series (Jim passed out during episode 2 and I was too tired to keep going after 4) and it looks like it'll be something we'll have to try and watch in one go to keep up with (Jim had already seen the first five episodes months ago, but soon forgot them).

Also, I'm going nuts waiting for the Region 1 DVDs, bad dub aside, I want high-quality subs and all the free crap that comes with the special edition of volume one (that and the episodes being put in proper order for the sake of not confusing those who haven't already seen the series is also a nice touch).

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 17:47:07

At 4/14/07 05:44 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Since we made a church about Haruhu,does that mean she has to die for our sins? Then 3 day's later she rises's from her grave there two lowly haruhi fanboy's see her ghost and spreads the word of this new religion?

I probably bashed you for not knowing basic religion, but I'll do it again because you deserve it.

YOU FAIL AT RELIGION. REALISE THAT NOT ALL RELIGIONS INVOLVE A 'FLAWLESS' ENTITY DYING FOR ALL OF MANKIND'S SINS.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 17:53:14

At 4/14/07 05:45 PM, Gendo wrote: Agreed, if anything, it'd be duller.

I tend to not 'pick sides' as often when it comes to the 'manga' or 'anime' version of a series; as I usually find the two good in their own way. However, exceptions are of course made to significantly different story/quality loadout (e.g. Gundoh Musashi).

Also, I'm going nuts waiting for the Region 1 DVDs, bad dub aside, I want high-quality subs and all the free crap that comes with the special edition of volume one (that and the episodes being put in proper order for the sake of not confusing those who haven't already seen the series is also a nice touch).

Maybe, but there should be an option to view it in Haruhi Order or not.

At 4/14/07 05:48 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: OBV i just picked one i was most familer with, jeez. Im not picking side's or anything of the sorts.

Despite blindly hailing the Haruhism tens of pages back?
Kid fails at lying.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 17:58:04

At 4/14/07 05:53 PM, HaroFreak wrote: Maybe, but there should be an option to view it in Haruhi Order or not.

The special editions of volumes 2-4 are two disc sets, with episodes 6-14 in Kyon order and the entire series in Haruhi order on the other disc.

Weasel, Haruhi =/= Jesus.

Also, people, it's "Haruhiism".

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 17:59:37

At 4/14/07 04:02 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: Well the series is a politically driven existential action drama that relies heavily on dialogue, so I don't see how the manga would make it more interesting..in fact that would be a lot of reading if all the anime dialogue came straight from the manga. It is probably just not your style of anime. Not mine either.

I believe it would be similar to how text-heavy Death Note was, as compared to the typical series which does not involve as many long-winded-but-necessary explanations of a well planned long-term project.

At 4/14/07 05:55 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: I admit i was being a retard getting in on the idea,But now iv actually watched the anime and found it boring and didn't get me hooked.(i still reccomend it though to other people even if i myself am not a very big fan.)

Ahahahahahahaha oh wow.
So in other words, you're a goddamn hypocrite.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 18:06:59

At 4/14/07 05:55 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: I admit i was being a retard getting in on the idea,But now iv actually watched the anime and found it boring and didn't get me hooked.(i still reccomend it though to other people even if i myself am not a very big fan.)

This is the last fucking straw, you lying little shit.

After I suggested it to you and you watched it, you made it seem like you loved the series.

One more instance of bollocks and you're gone, I don't care how harsh that sounds, I'm sick of you lying about shit and getting in on things you know nothing about.

At 4/14/07 06:00 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Im to lazy too type that.

TOO LAZY TO ADD ANOTHER FUCKING "I"?!

You're really pushing me, kid.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 18:11:53

At 4/14/07 06:00 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: I just posted something about that.

No you did not, hence your knowledge of religion DOES fail.

Im to lazy too type that.

Then prepare to be heavily flamed for making such an excuse for being unable to type something so simple as "Haruhiism".

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 18:21:40

At 4/14/07 06:19 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: I simply didn't wanna get flamed for not being obsessed with the show.

You do realise that you will be flamed EVEN MORE for lying about liking it and attempting to lie your way into our liking with suck-up statements.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 18:24:54

At 4/14/07 06:19 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: I simply didn't wanna get flamed for not being obsessed with the show.

You know, just because I'm a fanatical fanboy doesn't mean I'd hate you for not liking it.

Grow up, this isn't junior high school, we aren't that fickle.

By blatantly lying about something near and dear to my heart, you insult me sevenfold more than if you'd outright admitted you didn't enjoy it. Also, if you didn't enjoy it, what the fuck is the point of suggesting it?

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 18:45:57

At 4/14/07 06:37 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: And was made by the same guy who made evangelion so it must be good

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

The quality of the series is hardly determined by the fact Hideaki Annoy (bad pun in reference to the mindfuck garbage that was the Evangelion films), the quality lies in its Jules Verne-inspired storyline and memorable characters.

Im not watching the film either(garbage i heard it was).

Try actually watching it before passing judgement on it, you might actually enjoy it.

That said, the reviews are quite mixed, but since when have critics and the users of Anime News Network even been 100% trustable?

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 18:48:00

At 4/14/07 06:37 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: All right then sorry for all the shit guy's,

You better be, and it better not happen again.
(damn lying childish Weasel)

On another note i got to see the first episode of Nadia:the secret of blue water ,from what im watching so far it looks awsome and could end up being a fave of mine,

In before someone else loses trust in you already for two big lies under your name in the blacklist.

And was made by the same guy who made evangelion so it must be good but im sure it doesn't have all that philosophy and what not. Im not watching the film either(garbage i heard it was).

If you hate philosoply that much, be prepared to be disappointed.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 19:04:18

Also, I guess now would be a good time to wax poetic now that we're on the subject of mindfucks.

I didn't hate Evangelion because it was confusing, I hated because I was expecting an exciting mecha series and instead I got the TV (and film) equivilant of a Rorschach test gone very wrong. Since the manga doesn't get your hopes up with flashy visuals and goofy humor in the initial chapters like the series, I was comfortable with the "deep thought > explosions" approach. That and the spin-off manga, the oh-so wintacular Angelic Days, was so light-hearted and epic that I must say it has somewhate redeemed the way I look at the franchise. One day I may get around to doing a complete rewatch of the TV series, but I will never again view the films.

False expectation is also what made me stop watching Ghost in the Shell 15 minutes in, the postive reviews and hype made it seem exciting and philosophically deep at the same time, but I was bored to tears for every second I saw. The visuals and audio were great, but I just didn't have the will to sit through all the technobabble (I don't do well with sci-fi anyway).

Prepares for flames.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 19:05:39

Anime is so ufn and easy to draw =]

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 19:14:49

At 4/14/07 07:05 PM, Wumba wrote: Anime is so ufn and easy to draw =]

But to draw it good? That's no walk in the park, boy!

Are you interested in joining, or are you just spamming randomly?
If your answer is the latter, then I point you to the exit from where you came from.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 19:47:14

Hey, I think you two (Gendo, Haro) should chill out. Whatever happened to patience and respect?

Also, if you wanted to seriously consider the "Haruhiism" or "Haruhism" as a ideology, I think it might be closer to Satanism or Nihilism... since, heads up there's some SPOILERS COMING here
------------------
------------------
If Haruhi is, in fact God, then you would have to consider her conduct as a God. In some branches of Satanism, the worship isn't necessarily praising the Christian or Jewish version of The Fallen Angel; some branches of Satanist religion simply consider God as an all powerful figure, who is simply not the "ultimate good." As you can see in the series, Haruhi is not a good God. She's selfish and childish.
------------------
------------------

End Spoilers.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 19:55:09

At 4/14/07 07:47 PM, Noctroler wrote: Hey, I think you two (Gendo, Haro) should chill out. Whatever happened to patience and respect?

I'll tell you what happened to patience and respect; both aspects flew out of the windows after Weasel's second attempt to lie his way into our own interests.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 20:02:17

At 4/14/07 07:47 PM, Noctroler wrote: Also, if you wanted to seriously consider the "Haruhiism" or "Haruhism" as a ideology, I think it might be closer to Satanism or Nihilism...

Quite the accurate dissertation, especially considering that Nihilism is loaded with paradoxes, the belief in the nonexistence of truth and general denial of what is considered "reality", thusly quite fitting of a deity like Haruhi. Not to mention to the uneducated who are only familar with the colloquial use of Nihilism, it makes for a great explanation for her skewed view of social customs.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 20:07:06

At 4/14/07 08:02 PM, Gendo wrote: Quite the accurate dissertation, especially considering that Nihilism is loaded with paradoxes, the belief in the nonexistence of truth and general denial of what is considered "reality", thusly quite fitting of a deity like Haruhi. Not to mention to the uneducated who are only familar with the colloquial use of Nihilism, it makes for a great explanation for her skewed view of social customs.

I only consider this Haruhiism as a "Religion in name only" anyway. In the end, it's just another name for fanbase. XP

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 20:26:39

At 4/14/07 08:07 PM, HaroFreak wrote: I only consider this Haruhiism as a "Religion in name only" anyway. In the end, it's just another name for fanbase. XP

Oh, I see it the same way, I was merely commenting on Haruhi's Nihilistic behaviours.

Plus, in the event I ever have enough time on my hands, I'd know what kind of philosphy would need to be applied to a Haruhiist Bible. Write it like Nietzsche, albeit with a tad more humor and a lot less "God is dead".

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 20:42:32

At 4/14/07 08:26 PM, Gendo wrote: Oh, I see it the same way, I was merely commenting on Haruhi's Nihilistic behaviours.

Plus, in the event I ever have enough time on my hands, I'd know what kind of philosphy would need to be applied to a Haruhiist Bible. Write it like Nietzsche, albeit with a tad more humor and a lot less "God is dead".

That would be the excellent name for the script-books only available to the Seiyu and staff (which I have for some episodes of R.O.D).

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 20:52:01

At 4/14/07 08:42 PM, HaroFreak wrote: That would be the excellent name for the script-books only available to the Seiyu and staff

Hahaha, very true.

(which I have for some episodes of R.O.D).

I hate you so much right now.

How many human souls would it cost me to obtain such an item? I must know.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 21:09:27

At 4/14/07 09:03 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Thats the curse of unemployment unfortunetly.

Lack of funds isn't the issue, the scarcity is.

R.O.D. seems allright to me,(yes iv actually watched a few episodes before) Some kid i know showed me the second volume of the manga as well. It's a show i should take a look at, but not now.

The OVAs are good, both mangas win and the TV series is epic.

You cannot wait, you must immerse yourself in it now.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-14 21:19:30

At 4/13/07 10:20 AM, TacticalShoe wrote:
At 4/13/07 08:25 AM, MrTrivia wrote:
I'm also looking forward to the new anime movie, Paprika. Unfortunately, it doesn't hit theaters in the US until May 25.
What's that about? I've heard of it from random people, but no one really told me the plot.

I think it's about a therapist who has some weird machine that lets her walk into her patients' dreams.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature