00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BloodyPeckii just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,847,534 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-22 22:17:22

At 2/22/07 10:14 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: It's the same for Will Ferrell, Dane Cook, Napolean Dynomite, etc...

And, of course, anime. People ask why do you like that, and I ask how can people like Laguna Beach or I Love New York.

Yep, that's what life is like.

If only my friends realized popular opinion =/= fact

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-22 22:35:53

At 2/22/07 08:28 PM, TacticalShoe wrote:
At 2/22/07 08:16 PM, Gendo wrote:

FLCL is good, but I never really saw why it's "great".
It's a show that involves guitar hitting, things coming out of dude's head, space pirates, a Vespa scooter, and robots. That combination ensures it's godliness.

dude you are right that show kicks ass!!!

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-22 22:37:33

At 2/22/07 09:53 PM, Piromano wrote: Anybody here likes Zatch Bell?
It is very funny and VIOLENT!

yeah that show is ok i guess but kinda weak

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-22 22:49:16

descipleX, avoid double-posting, please.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 03:57:10

I only watched one episode of FLCL, and I didn't like it. I watched all of Excel Saga several times, and bought the manga.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 05:21:03

At 2/22/07 10:49 PM, Gendo wrote: descipleX, avoid double-posting, please.

7 words or more plz.

Can anyone suggest an Anime show that fuses fighting with soccer and crime fighting?

There was a show that I think was Anime about a kid trying to get better at soccer. The only scene I remember was when he ties the soccer ball to a tree and practises scissor kicks. Anyone know what this is called?

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 07:13:15

At 2/22/07 09:59 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: I don't think mentioning loli or fanservice is enough to get your account banned...you'd have to post a link or a picture that was sexually graphic.

Or disturbingly cute (nah...)?

Who here thinks Prince totally ripped of Excel Saga during his halftime show?

Phallic guitar goodness indeed. Not to mention how it was shown up to the point of 'climax'. XDDD

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 08:33:50

At 2/23/07 05:21 AM, TheEndOfLaughter wrote:
At 2/22/07 10:49 PM, Gendo wrote: descipleX, avoid double-posting, please.
7 words or more plz.

Can anyone suggest an Anime show that fuses fighting with soccer and crime fighting?

There was a show that I think was Anime about a kid trying to get better at soccer. The only scene I remember was when he ties the soccer ball to a tree and practises scissor kicks. Anyone know what this is called?

do you mean case closed? i have seen that only on adult swim and they stopped airing that but that is definetly case closed you are talking about

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 09:22:41

At 2/23/07 05:21 AM, TheEndOfLaughter wrote: 7 words or more plz.

As far as I remember, you still haven't managed to meet the requirements to join, so shut the fuck up and leave my authority figures alone, they're doing the job I tell them too. In fact, just leave my entire fucking club alone, and come back when you've stopped being such a smartass.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 11:44:30

At 2/23/07 03:57 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: I watched all of Excel Saga several times, and bought the manga.

I need to re-read the manga when I get back. Heck, I might as well bring it with me.

Oversexed mother of a pedophile FTW?

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 13:49:07

At 2/23/07 05:21 AM, TheEndOfLaughter wrote: 7 words or more plz.

God, you're a fucking prick. I think Wonko's already said enough about that, though.

Well, I've got about two hours to kill until my buddy shows up, so I'm gonna kick back and play Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked. I haven't played it in awhile.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 14:14:05

At 2/21/07 09:51 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote:
At 2/21/07 09:41 PM, Fremen wrote: One thing has really been bugging me about Bleach....

Why is there so much spanish/mexican influence in Bleach? There are a lot of terms that are in plain old spanish, and one of the characters himself is from MExico (kind of...Chad).

Does anyone know the reason to this?
Would you rather they all have Japanese names? This at least gives it some cultural flare, and I think it is pretty cool. Why don't you ask Tite Kubo next time you see him.

Do you read the manga? Almost every new thing after Bounto is in Spanish. I read about the series on Wiki and all of the new concepts were in Spanish. He makes it seem that every improtant thing in the evolution of SHinigami was made in Spain or Mexico.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 14:22:58

At 2/23/07 02:14 PM, Fremen wrote: Do you read the manga? Almost every new thing after Bounto is in Spanish. I read about the series on Wiki and all of the new concepts were in Spanish. He makes it seem that every improtant thing in the evolution of SHinigami was made in Spain or Mexico.

That's because Spanish culture has a morbid obsession with death and the dead. Hence holidays like Day of the Dead, and Day of the Dead masks appear to be the inspiration for the Hollow masks.

Alot of mythology about dead spirits comes from Spanish speaking countries.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 14:30:26

At 2/23/07 02:22 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/23/07 02:14 PM, Fremen wrote: Do you read the manga? Almost every new thing after Bounto is in Spanish. I read about the series on Wiki and all of the new concepts were in Spanish. He makes it seem that every improtant thing in the evolution of SHinigami was made in Spain or Mexico.
That's because Spanish culture has a morbid obsession with death and the dead. Hence holidays like Day of the Dead, and Day of the Dead masks appear to be the inspiration for the Hollow masks.

Alot of mythology about dead spirits comes from Spanish speaking countries.

Thank you. I was waiting for an answer like that....

Did Tite Kubo go to Mexico ofr something.....? Does anyone know more about him?

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 15:24:42

At 2/23/07 02:30 PM, Fremen wrote:
At 2/23/07 02:22 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 2/23/07 02:14 PM, Fremen wrote:
Thank you. I was waiting for an answer like that....

Did Tite Kubo go to Mexico ofr something.....? Does anyone know more about him?

Maybe, but other animes have had non-japanese stuff in them...

There is lots of Latin in fantasy/magic animes, like Gorun Nova in Slayers or Archer saying the chant for Unlimited Blade Works in English in Fate/Stay Night.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 15:50:02

At 2/23/07 03:24 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: There is lots of Latin in fantasy/magic animes,

And a particular chant in GaoGaiGar (Including GGGF and GGGFGGG), which also includes robot shows as a minority.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 18:46:10

At 2/23/07 05:10 PM, Not-Senor-Presidente wrote: Well i have never met a mexican named chad. And i slept through history class but didn't some asian people get here before Columbus. There has been talk about the similaritys between Mexico's aztecs and Japanese sculptures. Too bad no one here is Japanese. maybe Japanese culture is trying to find a link to another ancestry.

Yeah...I don't think so. And Chad's real name is Sado and he was born in Japan, but moved away to Mexico and then back again. So at least one of his parents could be Japanese, since I think they only show him with his grandfather/adopter since his parents died.

And I've never met any Americans named Fry or Cleveland or Quagmire...but that doesn't mean there aren't any with that name.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 22:25:24

Fuu...

No matter how many times I watch GaoGaiGar FINAL's last ten minutes, it is made of absolute win and courage.

And for the sake of the new fans to it who have not watched it yet, I'll refrain from posting references to it in the mentime.

Instead, I ask you:

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 22:30:44

At 2/23/07 10:28 PM, Not-Senor-Presidente wrote: here is a Japanese dragon
and look at the Aztec snake. although they are fairly different there are some similaritys. i will check some Chinese.

Speaking of which, have you even joined the club yet?

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 22:46:20

and look at the Aztec snake. although they are fairly different there are some similaritys. i will check some Chinese.

No one cares about the similarities between Japan and ancient Americas cultures. And those are chinese dragons, they have them all over the place.

At most, maybe someone would be interested in a common Day of the Dead symbol and stuff in Bleach, like a hollow mask or name or something like that.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 22:47:36

...Who are you?

Also, if you respond that you are not Senor Presidente, you will be flamed. (by route of PM)

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 22:52:42

At 2/23/07 10:30 PM, HaroFreak wrote:

He joined as Kirby.

Well...mkv and ogm are a pain to convert to an easy filetype like avi.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 22:56:15

At 2/23/07 10:52 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: He joined as Kirby.

The member list does not say so otherwise (at the point I am posting this).

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 23:04:35

At 2/23/07 10:52 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote:
At 2/23/07 10:30 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
He joined as Kirby.

Right....I bet the mem list has me listed as Fremen13....I guess that's okay, right? ...who's in charge...?

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 23:25:06

At 2/23/07 10:56 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 2/23/07 10:52 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: He joined as Kirby.
The member list does not say so otherwise (at the point I am posting this).

It isn't like it gets updated everday.

So..after all these different converter programs I got, it was the original old ones I've had all along that eventually got the job done...be it only english audio without embedded subtitles.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-23 23:45:28

At 2/23/07 11:33 PM, Not-Senor-Presidente wrote: i joined in my first post

Then try joining with your main account.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-24 01:23:03

At 2/23/07 11:45 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 2/23/07 11:33 PM, Not-Senor-Presidente wrote: i joined in my first post
Then try joining with your main account.

I already told you to stay the hell out of my thread.

Not-Senor-Presidente, I cannot prove that you actually are Senor Presidente, I have no idea what happened to Senor Presidente, but if he only has a limited time ban, he should wait for it to end, instead of jeopordizing himself more by using an alt. If he has a permaban, then he's a goddamn retard.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-24 11:06:32

At 2/24/07 11:03 AM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Oh my god!!! im back finally my ban has been lifted by the way im no longer called Bleach667, im now Akatsuki321 just to let everyone know.

We can tell; your bad taste in image spamming gave it away.
Now stop it. Same goes for stalking us in an attempt to suck up to the club.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-24 13:10:08

At 2/24/07 01:23 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Not-Senor-Presidente, I cannot prove that you actually are Senor Presidente, I have no idea what happened to Senor Presidente, but if he only has a limited time ban, he should wait for it to end, instead of jeopordizing himself more by using an alt. If he has a permaban, then he's a goddamn retard.

Senor is sitting out a lengthy ban, just thought I'd make that known. I believe both his main and other alt are banned.

Response to Anime Club 2007-02-24 13:17:09

At 2/24/07 01:13 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Hey gendo this a really dumb question but. Whats an alt?

......It's an alternate account, for when someone gets banned and wants to keep posting or to just be annoying, and it isn't allowed, so don't do it.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature