00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,847,176 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-20 07:43:50

At 10/18/06 10:42 PM, Dejanus wrote:
At 10/18/06 07:47 AM, BigFan7 wrote: SHINOBU! WHEN DID YOU DO THIS!?
Unexpected Shinobu
I have to say, that is a pretty nice find. What site was it on? I doubt you just found it on Photobucket...

It was a random find useing Google Image search.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-20 14:44:18

At 10/20/06 04:15 AM, HaroFreak wrote: (Damn, that was a long absence I had...)

And out of random, some actual subtitles...

Hahaha, that made my day...

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-20 16:38:13

Gantz is getting pretty kickass. I've seen episodes 1-10 so far. I'm about to see episodes 11 and 12 later this evening.

There's a store on my street that reminds me of Outlaw Star every time I look at the sign. It's called the Farfalla Clock Company.

"He survived Farfallas?"
At 10/18/06 08:24 AM, MrTrivia wrote: I also found a game for the PS2 called Sonic Mega Collection Plus, which has

I have that for X Box. It takes forever to unlock the other games.

Yeah, extremely long time no see! I doubt you remember me, but I used to be Fumetsu.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-20 22:50:42

It's official, I will die without more FLCL goodness. I must buy the new boxset in November, even if just for the free stuff. I just can't fucking get enought of it, the animation and sense of humor trump anything I've ever seen before and the characters are memorable times ten. I'm defintely going to be Kamon for whatever cosplay-related events pop up in the near future.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-21 12:46:57

I won't be posting tonight, I'm gonna be out of town for a cosplay gathering. I'll post pics if possible tomorrow.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-21 15:28:32

BR 2?

There's a second one?

I'm intrigued, is there a book?

I looked on youtube, and from what I see they are fighting a full blown war, rather than the "project" like in the first one.

Does it include Shuya and Noriko?

Actually, don't tell me, I'll gewgle it.

smoke meth and hail satan

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-22 03:30:33

At 10/18/06 08:24 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Meanwhile, I found a copy of Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel (although I might have mentioned this already) and I'm about halfway through the second level.

It's quite a long game despite what it seems. The second[The Crimson Elixer] isn't anywhere near half the game play time as the first but the extras and whatnot for the second make up for it.[Not to mention the graphics and such.]

Progress has been slow in InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask, but that's only because I'm playing 10 storylines (there's actually a hidden 11th storyline, but I haven't reached it yet).

I started playing that game back in.... Oh I'd say March of this year. Haven't touched it since.[Due to the fact that ironically I picked up FMA2: TCE game the day after and a two weeks after I got the first FMA game followed by Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, Resident Evil 4, Tales of Symphonia, Gungrave/Gungrave Overdose. Hell it just spirals from there on.

If you wish I'll add you back to the list[where you were]if you fill out the criteria.

And out of random, some actual subtitles...

Oh lawd is dat sum Zeta Gundam?

At 10/20/06 10:50 PM, Gendo wrote: It's official, I will die without more FLCL goodness. I must buy the new boxset in November, even if just for the free stuff. I just can't fucking get enought of it, the animation and sense of humor trump anything I've ever seen before and the characters are memorable times ten. I'm defintely going to be Kamon for whatever cosplay-related events pop up in the near future.

I endorse this message with the furry of one thousand fire breathing flying owl bears.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-22 05:31:20

Hey, about that cosplay...i can help, i have a link to this guy's forum, and whom is pretty good with woodwork. He made that NG lvl 30 spear and sent it to Tom Fulp. He can give you instructions on how to make stuff(Woodwork wise of course), he told me how to make a katana. =)

TheSilverSerpent: Kickin' it with a new kind of style.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-22 16:54:30

At 10/20/06 04:38 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Gantz is getting pretty kickass. I've seen episodes 1-10 so far. I'm about to see episodes 11 and 12 later this evening.

correction. episodes 11, 12, and 13. This is the first disc to have more than two fucking episodes! (such a ripoff) This show is cool, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-22 22:03:44

At 10/22/06 04:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 10/20/06 04:38 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Gantz is getting pretty kickass. I've seen episodes 1-10 so far. I'm about to see episodes 11 and 12 later this evening.
correction. episodes 11, 12, and 13. This is the first disc to have more than two fucking episodes! (such a ripoff)

Two episodes per disc? Jesus, that sucks.

Well, I'm finally back in town from Anoween '06, and I feel like shit. The party was loads of fun, awesome cosplay(one person actually recognized my costume, damn kids need more Akira in their lives...), dance competitions(I blew the crowd's mind with "the Flake dance", which no one other than hardcore Rammstein fans know of) and good food(and of course, spiked punch!!!). I also got interviewed for a student film and met some super hardcore otaku. I'll post photos of this awesome event sometime during the week.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-23 10:45:17

Do u know this character?

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-23 14:24:52

At 10/23/06 10:45 AM, Neturi wrote: Do u know this character?

Nope, no idea.

Well, I'm feeling absolutely horrid. I've got a severe case of whiplash and I tore all the muscles in my back and legs from dancing at Anoween, so I've been bedridden all damn day. Aparently, the pain only gets worse as time wears on, so I'm out of my head on over-the-counter painkillers and abuprofin. This really sucks...

On a manga related note, I finally got around to finishing Koroshiya Ichi today, and it has an excellent ending. For those of you with tolerance for extreme violence and disturbing themes should really consider giving it a read.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-23 14:49:57

At 10/23/06 02:38 PM, Dejanus wrote: I wish we had conventions like that in Redneckville, but that is only a dream. I wouuld probably have to go all the way to New York to get into one. A man can dream, though.

Ha, the convention I went to was in a hick town, how ironic!

Sounds interesting, I will look it up next time am in the bookstore.(BTW, picked up the original Trinity Blood novels, good stuff)

Ummm, you won't be able to find Koroshiya Ichi in stores, it was banned in some areas of Japan, so it was never given official North American distribution. Sorry.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-23 17:12:32

At 10/23/06 04:05 PM, Dejanus wrote:
At 10/23/06 02:49 PM, Gendo wrote: Ha, the convention I went to was in a hick town, how ironic!
I dont know how hick towns are where you live, but here if you are not a white, straight farmer with a red neck who flys a confederate flag from the hood of his tractor/pickup/motorcycle then you are an outcast from society. Therefore, no convention for me. *sob*

A hick town around here is filled with white chavs who speak like Newfoundlanders(which for those of you who've never heard a Newfie speak, is like a combination of a ranting sailor and Les Claypool) and unbelievably cultured black folk who have Southern accents and more education than the white people. No joke.

Of course, the large cities are filled with obnoxious hipsters(like me and my friends) and ethnic restaurant owners. I think that one in every three restaurants in Sydney either specializes in Chinese or Italina cuisine. Yay for ethnic variety!

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-23 23:27:16

At 10/22/06 05:00 PM, Dejanus wrote: Well, I just watched my weekly block of dubbed Trinity Blood and Bleach on Adult Swim yesterday. The episode of Trinity Blood was awesome, the art in that series is fucking amazing. Does anyone know where I can get episodes of Bleach on the net? I tried Youtube, but they only go up to episode thirty.

http://www.bleachpor..ultimedia/bittorrent

the earlier episodes you'll have to look for. Lunar's done up to episode 70, then stopped. Dattebayo's done all the episodes since then, and they aren't bad

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-24 00:49:15

At 10/23/06 11:27 PM, Ultimatetransfan wrote:
At 10/22/06 05:00 PM, Dejanus wrote: Well, I just watched my weekly block of dubbed Trinity Blood and Bleach on Adult Swim yesterday. The episode of Trinity Blood was awesome, the art in that series is fucking amazing. Does anyone know where I can get episodes of Bleach on the net? I tried Youtube, but they only go up to episode thirty.
http://www.bleachpor..ultimedia/bittorrent

the earlier episodes you'll have to look for. Lunar's done up to episode 70, then stopped. Dattebayo's done all the episodes since then, and they aren't bad

Ultimatetransfan! Remember me? I haven't talked to you since the days I had AIM on AOL! How are things going? Do you want to join the anime club? If you do, Post your top ten favourite anime and pick a character that isn't on this list. The character has to be the same gender as you.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-24 03:31:55

im pissed i just found out there going to run yugioh gx in shonen jump
its not even from shonen jump the japanese one

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-24 11:37:29

At 10/23/06 05:21 PM, TheDarkmoon wrote:
At 10/23/06 10:45 AM, Neturi wrote: Do u know this character?
This manly chap is Onsokumaru from Ninja Nonsense ( Ninin ga Shinobuden ).

yep that's him ( or should I say "it")
Funny character ( ' 3 ' )
That series also called "2x2 shinobuden".

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-24 11:44:33

At 10/24/06 03:31 AM, killermofojoe99 wrote: im pissed i just found out there going to run yugioh gx in shonen jump
its not even from shonen jump the japanese

Right! In here Finland that serie is runing already (. . ;)
Only reason that it's named yugioh is tha there is those thing where can put gamecards.
But I like more that in manga.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-24 14:36:25

Im sorry for my recent inactivity, i have been really busy latley. School work and all is keeping me off newgrounds. i was recently grounded and am back on again. Now that i am back in school, there might be periods of time that i will NOT be on.....its most likley because im grounded.

On a anime related note, for christmas my mom is going to buy me the next volume in every manga series i am currently working on.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-24 14:45:10

At 10/24/06 02:36 PM, Dark-orchestra wrote: On a anime related note, for christmas my mom is going to buy me the next volume in every manga series i am currently working on.

Cool, I never got gifts that often in the olden days.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-24 16:06:58

At 10/24/06 03:57 PM, Dejanus wrote: My grandmother bought me a set of YuGi-Oh manga, YUGIOH!!!!!!!! Does she think I am eight?

Hahahaha, Jesus that sucks. My family knows zilch about manga, so I never suggest people buy it for me as gifts.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-24 20:57:46

Hey guys I'm back so what has been going on lately?

Sig made by, Bruute.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-25 15:01:28

At 10/24/06 08:57 PM, Billychu wrote: Hey guys I'm back so what has been going on lately?

Not much, thnigs have been moving pretty slowly around here in the recent past.
I'm broke, so I haven't bought any anime or manga in a long time, that and my main store stopped stocking manga. Luckily, a new anime-centric store opened over by the local Zellers, so judging by what I've heard and the stock I've seen, it'll be my new place to shop.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-25 20:00:06

Don't know if you guys remember me but i joined a long time ago.Never really got active.I'm going to be alot more active for a while.I'm going to a yu-gi-oh tournament on saturday,I'll let you guys know how that turns out.I'm still Sasuke of Naruto!!Anime rules!

Anime Club

Steam: Captain Iguana

Xbl: Darth Iguana

PSN: Mayor-Iguana

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-25 20:04:20

At 10/25/06 08:00 PM, Carbon wrote: stuff

Well, you aren't on the members list, so you'll need to post your ten favorite animes to (re)join. Sasuke is still yours for the taking, though.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-25 20:07:28

At 10/25/06 08:00 PM, Carbon wrote: Don't know if you guys remember me but i joined a long time ago.Never really got active.I'm going to be alot more active for a while.I'm going to a yu-gi-oh tournament on saturday,I'll let you guys know how that turns out.I'm still Sasuke of Naruto!!Anime rules!

Post your top ten favourite anime and pick a character that isn't on this list if you want to rejoin the anime club. The character has to be the same gender as you. People who don't post here for 2 months usually get taken off the member list.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-25 20:12:23

At 10/24/06 03:57 PM, Dejanus wrote: I am glad I dont have my parents buy me anime or manga, they would screw it up so bad that I would be laughed at year round. My grandmother bought me a set of YuGi-Oh manga, YUGIOH!!!!!!!! Does she think I am eight?

ahhh but i made a LIST for her so she knows exactly what to buy.

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-25 20:13:02

K,then
1.FMA
2.inuyasha
3.Naruto
4.Gundam
5.Neon Genesis
6.Samurai Champloo
7.Yu-Gi-Oh
8.Dragon Ball
9.Dragon Ball Z
10.Dragon Ball GT

My character: Sasuke Uchiha

Steam: Captain Iguana

Xbl: Darth Iguana

PSN: Mayor-Iguana

Response to Anime Club 2006-10-25 20:25:27

At 10/25/06 08:12 PM, Dark-orchestra wrote: ahhh but i made a LIST for her so she knows exactly what to buy.

If your family is anything like mine, a list will make no difference. But chances are your family is better than mine, lucky bastard.

Also, welcome aboard, Carbon!