00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

thejoy187 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,841,280 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-16 23:42:35

At 7/16/06 12:31 PM, armageddon_keyblade wrote: 5 favorite anime/manga:
naruto
negima
samuri champloo
love hina
FlCL
Charachter rep:
sora(kingdom hearts)

well I'm not trivia but since he isn't around often and LL isn't ever here when you need him I guess your in, you did all the things needed to join.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 00:35:45

At 7/16/06 11:42 PM, Nucksta wrote:
At 7/16/06 12:31 PM, armageddon_keyblade wrote:
well I'm not trivia but since he isn't around often and LL isn't ever here when you need him I guess your in, you did all the things needed to join.

He still needs to pick a character to represent himself.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 00:43:11

boy I'm pissed, I was at barnes and nobles picking up NHS vols2 and I had extra money, so I was looking around, and I find a manga called hyper police i looked at it and thought it would be a good. so i buy it, then when i'm about to leave i looked through it and I find this section of pages ripped out! FUCKING RIPPED OUT!!!!! so I go and get my money back and ask them to order a new one for me, man that sucked, good thing I looked through. there were a couple of manga that caught my eye. sword of the dark ones and legal drug (yaoi), also a manga called tough and blade of heaven,

oh by the way after reading dirty pair, i've been looking for manga that have main female characters like them ( I find the idea of women kicking ass and blowing stuff up badass!) thats why whated to buy hyper police and I was wondering if anyone knew any manga that had a heroine as the main character.

:/

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 04:49:05

At 7/17/06 12:35 AM, Edward-XIII wrote:
At 7/16/06 11:42 PM, Nucksta wrote:
At 7/16/06 12:31 PM, armageddon_keyblade wrote:
He still needs to pick a character to represent himself.

He did he picked sora.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 08:47:13

hey folks can i join?
i love anime so much!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 10:10:29

At 7/17/06 12:43 AM, Undeadsoldier wrote: oh by the way after reading dirty pair, i've been looking for manga that have main female characters like them ( I find the idea of women kicking ass and blowing stuff up badass!) thats why whated to buy hyper police and I was wondering if anyone knew any manga that had a heroine as the main character.

Battle Vixens is a good mangaa with a Female Ass-kicker main charachter.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 10:56:35

For thoese of you who haven't heard yet. Ken Akamatsu heald a press conferonce on Saturday to discouss the 2nd season of Negima. But as an added bonus he also released the full name of Evangiline A. K. McDowell.

he full name is offically:

Evangiline Angelica Kathlean McDowell!

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 11:11:15

At 7/17/06 10:56 AM, BigFan7 wrote: For thoese of you who haven't heard yet. Ken Akamatsu heald a press conferonce on Saturday to discouss the 2nd season of Negima. But as an added bonus he also released the full name of Evangiline A. K. McDowell.

he full name is offically:

Evangiline Angelica Kathlean McDowell!

Well i can see why they call her A.K

SEASON 2 OF NEGIMA!!! SWEET!

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 12:44:36

At 7/16/06 08:44 PM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: I just finished watching the Melancholy of Haruki Suzumiya. It was pretty good, the whole non-chronological episode order made the series even more interesting.

This was one of the funnier scenes:

Top 5 moments in Haruhi

1. Loli in a bag
2. Mikuru Beam
3. Tsuruya = LOL-tan
4. The songs at the festival
5. Yuki vs Asakura

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 12:46:34

At 7/16/06 08:22 PM, Undeadsoldier wrote:
At 7/16/06 08:19 PM, RyanKajito wrote: Uhh... I'm glad no one welcomed me. XD

I have a question. Are there still new episodes of Inuyasha? If so, Tuesday night, right?
yep on at thursday new episodes and saturday at 1:30AM previous episodes

Really? I checked the schedule and it said Inuyasha wasn't on on Thursdays. : ( Are you sure it isn't Tuesday?

Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 13:52:10

At 7/17/06 08:47 AM, The0vermind wrote: hey folks can i join?
i love anime so much!

Sure, just list your five favorite animes and a character of your same gender to represent you. Click the "club" in my sig to see a list of taken characters.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 13:55:38

At 7/17/06 12:44 PM, LLStarks wrote:

Top 5 moments in Haruhi

1. Loli in a bag
2. Mikuru Beam
3. Tsuruya = LOL-tan
4. The songs at the festival
5. Yuki vs Asakura

Those songs at the festival were pretty awesome and the first episode was funny and wierd, since i didn't know if that was what the whole series was gonna be like or something....atleast until you see Haruhi.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 14:07:29

Hey Guys, is this any good, cartoon anime.
It's not high-detail like tv stuff, but what do you think as a character?

The mouth is too sharp i know.

Anime Club

Pestiside can't kill me!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 14:50:53

At 7/17/06 02:07 PM, Saulx_X wrote: Hey Guys, is this any good, cartoon anime.

it's ok...kepp workin on it and it could pass for a flash character

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 16:28:26

At 7/17/06 12:46 PM, RyanKajito wrote:

I have a question. Are there still new episodes of Inuyasha? If so, Tuesday night, right?
Really? I checked the schedule and it said Inuyasha wasn't on on Thursdays. : ( Are you sure it isn't Tuesday?

opps my bad I meant to write tuesday, I don't pay attention to what I write. but yeah tuesday's are when new episodes come out.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 16:37:31

At 7/10/06 03:00 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: i was bored so i made this anime test...though i dont know if i got everything to work right

anime test

I had no idea what you were talking about in most of your questions. I know I got Kenshin's real name right and Princess Mononoke's name right, but I guessed with most of the other questions. I've been watching anime since I was a child, but you brought up a lot of anime I don't watch.

At 7/10/06 05:39 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote: Here's a question for all of you. How old were you when you got into Anime?

I was probably about 8 or 9 years old when I actually started liking it. The only anime I had seen before were Thundercats, Speed Racer, and Battle of the Planets, which I didn't like much/grew out of, but then I saw DBZ and got into it. After seeing Tenchi Muyo, I started to like anime even more.

At 7/10/06 07:51 PM, Dark_orchestra wrote:
this one anime about a girl with a animal like boy who would turn into this badass

Bastard?...Ruche turns into Dark Schneider whenever Yoko is in trouble.

At 7/16/06 09:28 AM, -Isotope- wrote: Hmmm... How many people forum roleplay in this club? I'm just curious. Of course, i'm not a member, but yeah. Just wondering.

Hey...Are you from Minimanjapan?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 17:25:35

At 7/17/06 04:37 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote:
At 7/16/06 09:28 AM, -Isotope- wrote: Hmmm... How many people forum roleplay in this club? I'm just curious. Of course, i'm not a member, but yeah. Just wondering.
Hey...Are you from Minimanjapan?

There's no doubt about it.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 17:33:31

it's not anime. the dimensions and proportions are all wrong. not meaning to cause offence but if you want honesty i got it.

try polykarbon for tutorials. it's really helped me. also, trace and copy stuff from your favourite animes like i do. it really does help.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-17 18:54:27

At 7/17/06 04:37 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote: Bastard?...Ruche turns into Dark Schneider whenever Yoko is in trouble.

Oh, jeez! I thought you were calling me a bastard for a second there.

That anime also fits the description.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 02:08:10

I was adding a question to the anime test i made, and i eventually came across this interesting Naruto theory:

The Dark History of Uchiha: The Bloodline of Tengu

It has some very interesting ideas that explain some of the inconspicuous images in Naruto.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 03:39:38

I was flipping through channels when I came across sci fi, there were showing the american live action flim version of the guyver. quite funny.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 06:36:59

At 7/17/06 05:33 PM, _Rhys_ wrote:

it's not anime. the dimensions and proportions are all wrong. not meaning to cause offence but if you want honesty i got it.

try polykarbon for tutorials. it's really helped me. also, trace and copy stuff from your favourite animes like i do. it really does help.

Well, it is harder drawing on pc than in real life, and i copied from a learn anime book.
It can't be perfect, i've only just started out.

Pestiside can't kill me!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 12:55:50

At 7/18/06 02:08 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote: I was adding a question to the anime test i made, and i eventually came across this interesting Naruto theory:

The Dark History of Uchiha: The Bloodline of Tengu

It has some very interesting ideas that explain some of the inconspicuous images in Naruto.

That whole story, article whatever you want to call it made complete and total sense. It explained alot about the sharingan and what not, good find.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 13:27:39

can i join?

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 13:37:53

At 7/18/06 01:27 PM, MP5_9mm wrote: can i join?

Name your 5 favouriteNAime,and A Character the same gender as you to represent you.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 14:06:34

Dang that Uchiha-Tengu theory is really indepth. o_O But that's besides teh point. :O For all teh Naru-fans that have been keepin' up, they just released the name of 197.

*OMG Spoiler*
"Official title for episode 197 has been released and it's called "The Konoha 11 Gather" which has also been translated as "The Konoha 11 All Assemble" ...obviously the Konoha 11 are the 4 teams of 3 minus Sasuke. There is no episode summary out for this episode but the title itself is interesting. It could be everyone gathering up to say goodbye to Naruto as he leaves with Jiraiya but more than likely it's a filler episode/arc involving everyone which to me would signify the climax of the fillers. Everyone hasn't gathered together like that since way back in the Chunnin exams. Either way, i think the end is finally near. I'll let you know when i find more info." <-- Friend's theory.

Yay, Kakashi Gaiden! :D It'll air I believe teh 16 of August.
*OMG Spoiler*

Weee.

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 15:13:14

(As always, PBX is a few days late, but we still love him...)

Anyway, I'm gonna have the new wiki site ready in a few days.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 16:31:31

ok then i would like to join top five anime hmmmmm? lots to choose from so i uess :-

1. the guyver
2. powerpuff girls
3.teletubbies end................

nah im jus kidding but really guyver is my number 1. so its like this

1. The Guyver
2. Inuyasha
3. Spawn
4. Dragon Ball Z
5. Naruto

and my charcter would be SSJ trunks from dbz not normal trunks cos he looks silly with purple hair :P

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 16:33:15

At 7/17/06 12:46 PM, RyanKajito wrote:

what channel are u talking bout ?? i've never seen it on tv jus on my pc and and dvds

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2006-07-18 16:43:36

At 7/18/06 01:37 PM, Kronik_The_Hedgehog wrote:
At 7/18/06 01:27 PM, MP5_9mm wrote: can i join?
Name your 5 favouriteNAime,and A Character the same gender as you to represent you.

-Bleach
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Elfen Lied
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Naruto

Character that represents me Sakura

I also like manga.