00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,882,851 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 14:50:08

At 9/29/06 02:47 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Are birthday threads going to be thrown in here now, and would it be possible to start compiling a list of birthdays?

27th february. I'll be expecting presents.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:01:37

At 9/29/06 02:50 PM, Cybex wrote:
At 9/29/06 02:47 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Are birthday threads going to be thrown in here now, and would it be possible to start compiling a list of birthdays?
27th february. I'll be expecting presents.

zomg 26th february for me :) i will also be expecting presents

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:04:35

At 9/29/06 03:01 PM, fuzz wrote:
zomg 26th february for me :) i will also be expecting presents

I'm going to throw in my random January 12th.

:)

wew

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:06:10

At 9/29/06 02:59 PM, Cybex wrote:
At 9/29/06 02:54 PM, DFox wrote: I'm not sure where you got NYC from.
I guess we'll never know.

Heh, just because you live in NY doesn't mean you live in the city, there are tons of areas in NY that you could live in =p

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:08:40

Okay, I am just going to start compiling a list of birthdays, and then when we get a good number, I'll post it, and then I'll get another 10 people running after the list telling me they want on, then I'll post it again.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:16:29

My birthday was yesterday :P
I went to taco bell to celebrate.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:30:13

OMG YES.

Just wondering how many of you have seen this.

i saw it a few weeks ago, but i don't think i showed any of you

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:39:49

At 9/29/06 03:33 PM, Onnet wrote:
At 9/29/06 03:30 PM, animoney wrote: OMG YES.

Just wondering how many of you have seen this.

i saw it a few weeks ago, but i don't think i showed any of you
ErrorInformation

Sorry! An unexpected error has occured. The TED website administrator has been notified of the problem and we will work to solve it as soon as possible. Thank you.

Fuck :(

OMGSUX2BEU. Hmmm, I'm not getting that error. Try again later, its definetly worth watching.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 15:41:10

At 9/29/06 02:59 PM, Luis wrote: well im moving to nyc soon. dont discriminate.

Yeah, to be perfectly honest, I love the city and that's where I would like to live when I get my own place.

At 9/29/06 03:02 PM, TrueDarkness wrote: Oh, I remember reading somewhere that you lived in the city... Even awesomer, let's discuss what part of LI you live on over the internet for everyone to read =D
I'm in (abreviated to avoid peteophiles) NSUC

lolol. Well, being that anyone can just get my exact address from my website whois, I guess it's not bad saying I live in Syosset.

At 9/29/06 03:16 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: My birthday was yesterday :P
I went to taco bell to celebrate.

Awesome. Taco Bell rocks.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 16:09:07

At 9/28/06 06:13 PM, Luis wrote: when do you turn 27 anyway?

December 19th.

JoystickX

Not sure about the PM, I'll look again. Everything is crazy with me trying to release this game by tomorrow...

Luis... again.

You want an art director job? My girlfriend is Senior art director of multimedia and print for Gillespie advertising. Want a job? Move to Jersey. =) You can do ads for all the mcNeil products like motrin and Imodium.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 16:18:27

At 9/29/06 04:13 PM, liaaaam wrote:
At 9/29/06 03:30 PM, animoney wrote: OMG YES
Hot.. not practical enough to take over my laptop/PC though lol

Oh yeah I also meant to say that was awesome, one day it'll be at an affordable price and it'll be sweet, you know, like recreational space flight, have you heard about that? for a few million i think...or something

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 16:30:31

I have been working with one of these for the past year, it's an awesome experience. I am using it this quarter for a performance piece.

http://www.jazzmutan..m/lemur_overview.php

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 16:58:48

At 9/29/06 04:53 PM, Luis wrote: I had to do something... i noticed our forum performance numbers for Sept. and we were losing pageviews. :(

You have a quota to fill? Do you lose Mod privileges if you don't meet it? :p

I think it's the lack of people on summer vacation coming back that explain a drop for September's viewings.

So. Did anyone get Defcon and is anyone still as annoyed as I am with thier servers not working properly? Poor guys weren't expecting so much traffic methinks...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 16:59:12

At 9/29/06 04:53 PM, Luis wrote: I had to do something... i noticed our forum performance numbers for Sept. and we were losing pageviews. :(

-L

yea im sorry, i gave up posting here as well with only a post or two a night :(
But hey at least now im back again

lol like anyone cares im back XD

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 18:53:11

At 9/29/06 06:45 PM, BleeBlap wrote:
At 9/29/06 06:39 PM, different wrote:
At 9/29/06 06:36 PM, ImpotentBoy2 wrote: god i missed 4 pages today.
Oh boo hoo...
This thread will become full of people saying they've missed posts.
What, somebody points out that more than half of the posts on this page are pointless spam about how many posts the particular member has missed due to school/work and you attack him?

your more upset than me, either im loved or self-hating.

and most of the posts i've seen are luis appreciation posts and people who want to snuggle with him( damnit luis you got me censoring myself)

i dont know if this thread was a good idea.

At 9/29/06 06:46 PM, different wrote: Is swearing commonplace in a reg lounge?

fuck no

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 18:56:11

At 9/29/06 06:53 PM, ImpotentBoy2 wrote:
At 9/29/06 06:46 PM, different wrote: Is swearing commonplace in a reg lounge?
fuck no

Thank fuck for that.

Here's a thought: How many of the people in here know how to code up a basic HTML page and style it with CSS?

> twitter.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 18:57:32

At 9/29/06 06:56 PM, different wrote: Here's a thought: How many of the people in here know how to code up a basic HTML page and style it with CSS?

Ohoh pickme! PICK ME!. I CAN!

Whyso?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:02:37

At 9/29/06 06:57 PM, reelbigcheese wrote:
At 9/29/06 06:56 PM, different wrote: Here's a thought: How many of the people in here know how to code up a basic HTML page and style it with CSS?
Ohoh pickme! PICK ME!. I CAN!

Whyso?

I was just thinking back to when I started Flash - I had no CLUE of how HTML/CSS worked, I just knew that Flash outputted a code which I could copy and paste into a free web host and I would have a website... Now I know both of these + XHTML and find it a lot easier embedding content and styling the page around the Flash (or removing it completely)

Just wondered if there's people who don't understand the basics of static sites yet but are competent flash designers.

> twitter.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:08:03

At 9/29/06 07:02 PM, different wrote: Just wondered if there's people who don't understand the basics of static sites yet but are competent flash designers.

I pretty much have no clue how to code anything. I picked up the very very basics of AS as I went along, so I know enough. if not I can just ask someone :).

I can piece together a website though through dreamweaver, so thank god for that. Otherwise i'd have to use flash which could be a pain, or use geocities page builder which KIKS ASS!

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:13:14

K i am gonna have to side with importentboy and others who've brought it to my attention that this thread is going out of control. If you have nothing to contribute to the general flash scene then dont post or youll get a ban for that day.. this isnt really a post your one liner when youre bored type of thing.. specially that how many pages you've missed shit. I am going to self censor myself from contributing to spam topics as well.. this is rediculous and expect a ban if you are gonna come in here and just polute.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:17:01

Hey Luis, can you clarify the rule for this thread "no polling"?

I wanted to post a discussion starter but I also didn't want to break that rule. Thanks.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:19:11

At 9/29/06 07:08 PM, Mogly wrote: I pretty much have no clue how to code anything. I picked up the very very basics of AS as I went along, so I know enough. if not I can just ask someone :).

I can piece together a website though through dreamweaver, so thank god for that. Otherwise i'd have to use flash which could be a pain, or use geocities page builder which KIKS ASS!

That's interesting, your site does look very good. However on close inspection of the source the Dreamweaver link is evident (tables for layout)

At 9/29/06 07:11 PM, JoystickX wrote: I think HTML should be manditory programming, it's like second nature to me now. Friends call me crazy for not using Dream Weaver, ect, but it feels better using a text editor and hand coding, dunno.

Dreamweaver isn't really that great - the code editor in Dreamweaver is very good though - if they stripped out the unnecessary crap like wizards and put their features such as code block hiding, text colouring, tag completion, inbuilt colour picker when you type 'color:', etc, into a cutdown text editor (perhaps even with live preview - but not design view) then it would certainly be a very good alternative to Notepad...

I use Tag at the moment which is a Mac program that has code colouring and live preview, but it's nowhere near as good as Dreamweaver is in terms of shortcuts...

> twitter.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:20:40

At 9/29/06 03:08 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Okay, I am just going to start compiling a list of birthdays, and then when we get a good number, I'll post it, and then I'll get another 10 people running after the list telling me they want on, then I'll post it again.

oooh. :D Septemer 15 please.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:25:26

At 9/29/06 03:06 PM, TrueDarkness wrote: Heh, just because you live in NY doesn't mean you live in the city, there are tons of areas in NY that you could live in =p

Haha I live in NYC (upper west side w00t!)

My birthday is February 11, three days before VDay.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:25:34

At 9/29/06 07:17 PM, DFox wrote: Hey Luis, can you clarify the rule for this thread "no polling"?

I wanted to post a discussion starter but I also didn't want to break that rule. Thanks.

no 'boxers or briefs?' polls or shit like that... things that dont at all engage in a valid flash conversation.. also for the people compiling birthdays just send the PM's to jmtb02 rather than making a post here.. lets try to keep this relatively easy to follow.. it doesnt make much sense for someone to goto school and come back and have 90 pages to catch up on.... general rule of thumb is if you want to speak to someone directly or comment to that one person. send a PM. unless you are following up your reply with something that can continue the conversation. Its annoying having 200 one liners.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:32:12

In here, I'm aware we are all Flash authors.

One of the reasons I like making games is because I love seeing my work on famous websites.

So, here's my question to you. Of all time, what is your biggest accomplishment of getting your Flash on a website? Let me show you what I mean.

In about 6th grade, a friend showed me addictinggames.com. It was a childhood favorite of mine. I always thought how awesome it would be to see my work there one day. So in my opinion, when my first game made addictinggames, that in my eyes was my biggest Flash accomplishment.

This is different for everyone. I know some people who think getting a game on addictinggames is meaningless, and that's fine. For some people the answer to this might be Newgrounds front page, newgrounds portal, ebaumsworld (that's my second), stuff like that.

So, what is your biggest accomplishment of getting your Flash on a website?

At 9/29/06 07:25 PM, Luis wrote: no 'boxers or briefs?' polls or shit like that

OK... My post above isn't really like that, but if you don't like it just delete it because I'm not sure if it's a poll.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:35:52

well, my biggest flash accomplishment has been... well, getting my game sponsored. Ive never even reached frontpage, so that is mostly my aim for now.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:45:04

At 9/29/06 07:40 PM, JoystickX wrote: I was excited when my film made 5th place for the daily heh...and even then, that's probably not a big deal for most.

it'd be for me - my daily prizes have been stolen everytime. D:

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:49:29

When I got Daily Fourth I was pretty excited, and dissapointed.

Couple Hours Work+Tweens+Clock/Lock+Violence+Funny Song=Daily Fourth?

A Bedtime Tale | 1 | 2 | 3 |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2006-09-29 19:59:10

At 9/29/06 07:40 PM, JoystickX wrote: I was excited when my film made 5th place for the daily heh...and even then, that's probably not a big deal for most.

Yea some small collab part I co-authored reached daily 5th. I was pretty excited at the time, but I do not like the collab as a whole, and I kinda regret having it be my first submission.

In the future, my aims and hopes would be to reach some other daily awards, as well as possibly making front page, although as was mentioned earlier, the front page standards have been progressing as artists' potentials have been.

DFox, I too admired Addicting Games as a 6th grader and still do.