New Topic Respond to this Topic
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 01:02 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 12:09 AM, Siggy wrote: Then close out the convo box and when they AIM you again, instead of accepting the message like you did the last few times, click warn. They should be warned to 20%.

Yes, but at the same time, I dont want them to go pyscho on me like I have seen many times before. This will definitely provoke a conversation or three with them.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Siggy0501
Siggy0501
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 01:07 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 01:02 AM, jmtb02 wrote: Yes, but at the same time, I dont want them to go pyscho on me like I have seen many times before. This will definitely provoke a conversation or three with them.

The paradox of innocent little annoying kids' behavior.

You might just have to confront them.

Claytron
Claytron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 01:18 AM Reply

Completely Off Topic
Um, what are your thought of people that use:

NGUserNames Flash:
-none-

As an insult for a bad (or correct) review..?
I notice this alot in the [KK] reply's, I think it is so ignorant to say that.. Having nothing at all is better then making another "KK Tom Had XXX hXcore p0rn LOL" sequel or something shit like that.

Also, If someone replys with an abusive comment, can you still mark the review as abusive?

SpaceAndTime
SpaceAndTime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 01:19 AM Reply

So, hi everybody. I'm not sure what exactly a lounge thread is for. ...Idle, random conversation perhaps?
Ok, how about this: I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT FLASH!! Okay, now try to prove me wrong. Ask me any question about flash or animation and I will answer it completeley. ...As long as it's not about actionscripting.

Yes, I know 'everything' technically includes actionscript. Shut up.
Claytron
Claytron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 01:22 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 01:19 AM, Matomic wrote: Ok, how about this: I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT FLASH!!
At 9/29/06 12:58 AM, Matomic wrote:

Woah, I was totally going to make a post on this. But I'll just post in here. I just lost an entire 3D barge :..( Anyway, my question is:
Is there an autosave fature you can turn on for flash? Like for it to save every 5-10 minutes?

SpaceAndTime
SpaceAndTime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 01:31 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 01:22 AM, Claytron wrote: something very sarcastic

Okay, okay. Verrry funny.
How about I answer my own question, then? The answer is: no. There isn't. Which really sucks, by the way.

Jindo
Jindo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 02:33 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 12:02 AM, jmtb02 wrote: Okay, I have a question for people.

That sounds kinda bad, I'd go with a previous suggestion, pretend to be away alot.

If that fails, remove/block all their accounts and alternate accounts, if it's anything like MSN, you should get a message asking if you want a contact that's just added you, from there you can decline (if it's like MSN).

If all else doesn't work, You may have to resort to a new AIM account, copy down all the contacts that matter and add them on a new account.

I take it this is the problem you hinted out in the FSF thread :o.

BBS Signature
PaperBagMask
PaperBagMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 03:04 AM Reply

can't you set yourself into invisible with aim, i used to be able to but for some really gay reason that version of aim is no longer available...oh wait it is, i just installed it but theres a button next to the <insertscreenname>'s buddy list which is of an eye, when you press it your set to invisible and people know your online but they still can contact you.

GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 03:21 AM Reply

you should make a second AIM address, or get MSN. in msn you can go away and still talk to people.and if you say im busy instead of ignoring them they'll probly lay off

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 03:46 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 03:04 AM, skooj-lik-chaah wrote: can't you set yourself into invisible with aim

But doesnt that defeat the purpose of letting everyone else know I am online? Also, the computer I am running right now is running Vista, so I can't use Triton with it, if that's what you're talking about.

At 9/29/06 03:21 AM, ImpotentBoy2 wrote: you should make a second AIM address, or get MSN. in msn you can go away and still talk to people.and if you say im busy instead of ignoring them they'll probly lay off

jmtb03? Lol.

Oh well, I think I am just going to ignore them when they start IM'ing me, until they finally go away, because that way, I am not shutting them down actively, but letting my passive side take over.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 04:05 AM Reply

im always signed on aim, like at all times, so most people expect not to get a reply for hours.

Vengeance
Vengeance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 04:28 AM Reply

Well, the method that I like to use to get annoying people to stop constantly harrasing me is tell them that I'm masturbating. If they keep disturbing you after they say that, then you have more than enough of a reason to block them and all of there alt's =P

Seriously, it works. I've done it.

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature
GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 04:32 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 04:28 AM, Vengeance wrote: Well, the method that I like to use to get annoying people to stop constantly harrasing me is tell them that I'm masturbating. If they keep disturbing you after they say that, then you have more than enough of a reason to block them and all of there alt's =P
Seriously, it works. I've done it.

my god... thats genious

PaperBagMask
PaperBagMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 04:33 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 03:46 AM, jmtb02 wrote:
At 9/29/06 03:04 AM, skooj-lik-chaah wrote: can't you set yourself into invisible with aim
But doesnt that defeat the purpose of letting everyone else know I am online? Also, the computer I am running right now is running Vista, so I can't use Triton with it, if that's what you're talking about.

Well you can tell them that your online but just set to invisible, my friend does it all the time and whenever I wanna talk to him i just see if he's online and if he isn't then aim will have that error message thing come up.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 07:39 AM Reply

i feel your pain jmtb... i have to prime myself to get on with my aim name. I have to muster up the energy to sift through all the topics people think should be locked.. all the vote 5 plz ;) links that get thrown at me.. or can you give me some feedback stuff... I usually dont mind giving people feedback and will do so within reason. But yeah I definately can expect to get zero work done. For this reason I tend to hang out in msn more, because you can set yourself offline and still see the action.. that way if i see someone i do want to talk to ill just block all get online and just talk to that person.
I also have other stray Aim screenames i use that a few people know bout.

-L

None

Claytron
Claytron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 07:50 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 07:39 AM, Luis wrote: ill just block all get online and just talk to that person.

If you and the friend have Windows live, it has that 'send messages when they are offline' feature.

If you are appearing offline, you can still talk to someone..

(which is quite handy)

GeoKureli
GeoKureli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 07:51 AM Reply

aww, i had an idea for something like that.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 07:58 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 07:50 AM, Claytron wrote:
At 9/29/06 07:39 AM, Luis wrote: ill just block all get online and just talk to that person.
If you and the friend have Windows live, it has that 'send messages when they are offline' feature.

If you are appearing offline, you can still talk to someone..

(which is quite handy)

is that compatible with windows 3.1?

None

Inglor
Inglor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 08:25 AM Reply

wow, around 3 years since the last lounge

sup everybody?

PaperBagMask
PaperBagMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 08:32 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 08:25 AM, Inglor wrote: wow, around 3 years since the last lounge

sup everybody?

Oh, I had no idea there was one before. It would be neat-o if this one got to 50 pages...but i doubt it...

Inglor
Inglor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 08:44 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 08:32 AM, skooj-lik-chaah wrote: Oh, I had no idea there was one before. It would be neat-o if this one got to 50 pages...but i doubt it...

The last one was locked by cleaver (who hasn't modded here in about 2.5 years anyway), luis is cooler and doesn't really care about spam as long as it's in good taste :) No doubt it'll make 50 pages.

I'd just like to say I'm very pleased with luis, a lot of mods said he'll be useless and now he is doing most if not all the modding around here. It's a shame afro neg cleaver denvish and the other mods don't come here much anymore

PaperBagMask
PaperBagMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 08:53 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 08:44 AM, Inglor wrote: The last one was locked by cleaver (who hasn't modded here in about 2.5 years anyway), luis is cooler and doesn't really care about spam as long as it's in good taste :) No doubt it'll make 50 pages.

I'd just like to say I'm very pleased with luis, a lot of mods said he'll be useless and now he is doing most if not all the modding around here. It's a shame afro neg cleaver denvish and the other mods don't come here much anymore

Yeah Luis is the only mod I see around on the forums regularly and he's one of the best animators that visits the forums too(that I know of).

NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 09:42 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 08:44 AM, Inglor wrote: I'd just like to say I'm very pleased with luis, a lot of mods said he'll be useless and now he is doing most if not all the modding around here.

I'm interested to hear who said he'd do a shitty job.

It's a shame afro neg cleaver denvish and the other mods don't come here much anymore

Haha, dude, if you were around here half as much as you used to be, you'd know that I'm recognized as the second-most-present Flash mod.

BBS Signature
Whiplash21
Whiplash21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 09:42 AM, NegativeONE wrote: Haha, dude, if you were around here half as much as you used to be, you'd know that I'm recognized as the second-most-present Flash mod.

That's not saying all that much so far as I've seen lately.

NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 09:52 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 09:48 AM, Whiplash21 wrote: That's not saying all that much so far as I've seen lately.

Haha, and who the fuck are you? :P

BBS Signature
Whiplash21
Whiplash21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 10:26 AM Reply

You can call me Lurky. I never post. ; )

Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 10:32 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 09:42 AM, NegativeONE wrote: Haha, dude, if you were around here half as much as you used to be, you'd know that I'm recognized as the second-most-present Flash mod.

It's true, man. In your absence Denvish has been usurped and many good men have turned away in disgust. It sounds like the start of a fantasy / historical film of some description.

BBS Signature
blanblan
blanblan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 10:39 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 10:32 AM, Paranoia wrote:
It's true, man. In your absence Denvish has been usurped and many good men have turned away in disgust. It sounds like the start of a fantasy / historical film of some description.

Yeah...

And just when all hope seems lost, the old flash regs will return, and rid this forum of all evil.

Or so we thought...
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 10:45 AM Reply

At 9/29/06 10:39 AM, blanblan wrote: And just when all hope seems lost, the old flash regs will return, and rid this forum of all evil.

Let's just hope it's the new old regs and not the old old old regs, or we're all screwed :P

BBS Signature
Paranoia
Paranoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge Sep. 29th, 2006 @ 11:28 AM Reply

Come on, chill out. This is supposed to be a lounge, not some sort of I'm Well Mature Because I Jump To Conclusions To Defend People With Extreme Prejudice At Any Opportunity thread.

BBS Signature