00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vegeta210 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,900,080 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-06-29 11:35:56

At 6/29/14 09:09 AM, FlyingColours wrote: Just finished the first instalment of Juggernaut. Darn, I remember that lake... I was so close last time...

Dude I hardly remember that game lol. The compiles thing I just got working and it's for haxe, so jugg doesn't have a compile count. The next one will.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-06-30 12:15:36

Three must-haves for any really bad artist (e.g. me)

1) Flickr
2) Photoshop
3) Fireworks

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-06-30 16:26:12

Uploaded the 3 versions of the game to the artist (ng, non-ng, non-ng without ads). I am done. Brb deleting source code so I can't fix anyone's issues later.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-06-30 16:58:38

At 6/30/14 04:26 PM, MSGhero wrote: Uploaded the 3 versions of the game to the artist (ng, non-ng, non-ng without ads). I am done. Brb deleting source code so I can't fix anyone's issues later.

I thought I broke something huge, but when your flash player version is 3 years old, it might not run modern games @VoidForce

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-06-30 18:36:04

At 6/30/14 04:58 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 6/30/14 04:26 PM, MSGhero wrote: Uploaded the 3 versions of the game to the artist (ng, non-ng, non-ng without ads). I am done. Brb deleting source code so I can't fix anyone's issues later.
I thought I broke something huge, but when your flash player version is 3 years old, it might not run modern games @VoidForce

Hey, I thought it would have updated along with the browser! Still though, you had a good laugh about it afterwards, right? Please say yes and relieve my guilt!

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-06-30 19:07:03

At 6/30/14 06:36 PM, VoidForce wrote: Hey, I thought it would have updated along with the browser! Still though, you had a good laugh about it afterwards, right? Please say yes and relieve my guilt!

You made me reopen my code editor! And I have to wake up before noon tomorrow so I can damage control the game when you release it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 10:19:35

At 6/30/14 07:07 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 6/30/14 06:36 PM, VoidForce wrote: Hey, I thought it would have updated along with the browser! Still though, you had a good laugh about it afterwards, right? Please say yes and relieve my guilt!
You made me reopen my code editor! And I have to wake up before noon tomorrow so I can damage control the game when you release it.

We're still waiting... impatiently...

Meanwhile, my RPG is still taking longer than expected. I only have one combat area left. (That means I have to write fight descriptions for three more bosses and three more regular enemies. Writing fight descriptions is really the worst part of text-based RPGs...) Fortunately, most of the 'eye candy' is finished, and all the game mechanics except dying and saving have been implemented.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 10:24:19

At 7/1/14 10:19 AM, FlyingColours wrote: We're still waiting... impatiently...

It was released about 25 minutes ago :P It's in the portal as we speak.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 10:40:38

At 7/1/14 10:24 AM, VoidForce wrote:
At 7/1/14 10:19 AM, FlyingColours wrote: We're still waiting... impatiently...
It was released about 25 minutes ago :P It's in the portal as we speak.

Sorry, I thought it wasn't because it didn't appear in my feed for some reason. I'm checking it out now!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 10:44:08

At 7/1/14 10:40 AM, FlyingColours wrote: Sorry, I thought it wasn't because it didn't appear in my feed for some reason. I'm checking it out now!

Haha, no worries, I thought it was funny. Hope you enjoy!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 12:07:52

At 7/1/14 10:44 AM, VoidForce wrote: Haha, no worries, I thought it was funny. Hope you enjoy!

Damn, the portal doesn't mess around these days. Admittedly, I haven't really watched or played a submission in a while, and I definitely haven't been on Under Judgement patrol in a long while.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 12:09:27

MSG, don't go fix this if you don't want to - it's not too big an issue - but I found it was possible to walk outside the borders of the house. I'm in one of the Rondonian houses.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 12:29:28

Um, I have a bigger issue now... I can't access the West Farstal Plains after leaving by the western exit of Rondo, the one with the signpost and river.

I guess I understand your frustration...

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 12:33:15

At 7/1/14 12:29 PM, FlyingColours wrote: Um, I have a bigger issue now... I can't access the West Farstal Plains after leaving by the western exit of Rondo, the one with the signpost and river.

I guess I understand your frustration...

Thankfully that's intentional, though I guess poorly informed. There's some other stuff you have to do before you can get there (the crystal knows all).

Walk around the house however much you want, doesn't bother me one bit.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 12:39:30

At 7/1/14 12:33 PM, MSGhero wrote:
Thankfully that's intentional, though I guess poorly informed. There's some other stuff you have to do before you can get there (the crystal knows all).

Walk around the house however much you want, doesn't bother me one bit.

Phew, sorry for the false positive. I'll walk around then ^^

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 16:08:05

At 7/1/14 12:09 PM, FlyingColours wrote: MSG, don't go fix this if you don't want to - it's not too big an issue - but I found it was possible to walk outside the borders of the house. I'm in one of the Rondonian houses.

This happened to someone else in a different location, but I haven't been able to replicate it. I think he actually got stuck. I have to keep telling myself to relax and ignore it until I'm given more descriptions about the issue instead of trying to debug it.

Relax, breathe in, hold it, and breathe out...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 19:12:43

At 7/1/14 04:08 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 7/1/14 12:09 PM, FlyingColours wrote: MSG, don't go fix this if you don't want to - it's not too big an issue - but I found it was possible to walk outside the borders of the house. I'm in one of the Rondonian houses.
This happened to someone else in a different location, but I haven't been able to replicate it. I think he actually got stuck. I have to keep telling myself to relax and ignore it until I'm given more descriptions about the issue instead of trying to debug it.
Relax, breathe in, hold it, and breathe out...

I got stuck-ish too, but I had just saved my game, so it didn't matter...

Anyway, it happens when you pass through the locked back door with WASD.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 19:20:17

At 7/1/14 07:12 PM, FlyingColours wrote: I got stuck-ish too, but I had just saved my game, so it didn't matter...

Oh yeah...forgot about that.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 19:52:10

At 7/1/14 07:12 PM, FlyingColours wrote: I got stuck-ish too, but I had just saved my game, so it didn't matter...

Fixed that. Automatically opening doors plus some leftovers on the alpha map let you walk through locked doors.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 22:32:57

At 7/1/14 07:52 PM, MSGhero wrote: Fixed that. Automatically opening doors plus some leftovers on the alpha map let you walk through locked doors.

Been away for a little while. Dude. Well done and congrats on front page appearance again, looks like the Juggernaut series is gonna make it famous on NG! In process of playing it, will give you more feedback when I finish it.

Got a programming internship this summer. And really need to get my game done. I am soo close, working on NG highscores into the game and should be done. Just need to find time to finish it.

-Swish

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-01 23:27:18

At 7/1/14 10:32 PM, swishcheese wrote: Been away for a little while. Dude. Well done and congrats on front page appearance again, looks like the Juggernaut series is gonna make it famous on NG! In process of playing it, will give you more feedback when I finish it.

Thanks, though idk about famous lol.

I'm addicted to analytics. Measured from the first ~2500 players. 89% have flash player 13 or 14. 32 have beaten the first boss, and people have died to him 91 times. 25% of users play on Mac. Help me.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-02 03:17:09

At 7/1/14 11:27 PM, MSGhero wrote:
32 have beaten the first boss, and people have died to him 91 times.

HOW COULD THEY?! I'm still at Rondo... :(

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-02 07:07:01

At 7/1/14 11:27 PM, MSGhero wrote: I'm addicted to analytics. Measured from the first ~2500 players. 89% have flash player 13 or 14. 32 have beaten the first boss, and people have died to him 91 times. 25% of users play on Mac. Help me.

Did you use your own back end or does NG have analytic logging support in their API? Like you, I'm obsessed with numbers (I think every programmer is obsessed with numbers, actually).

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-02 11:34:29

At 7/2/14 07:07 AM, slugrail wrote: Did you use your own back end or does NG have analytic logging support in their API? Like you, I'm obsessed with numbers (I think every programmer is obsessed with numbers, actually).

NG can log events, but I'm using GameAnalytics. It's free and restful API so you use whatever language. ~12 hrs to process the events, but there's a real time watcher that let's you see the volume of new/returning users and events.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-02 12:57:06

At 7/2/14 11:34 AM, MSGhero wrote:
NG can log events, but I'm using GameAnalytics. It's free and restful API so you use whatever language. ~12 hrs to process the events, but there's a real time watcher that let's you see the volume of new/returning users and events.

That sounds really handy! Analytics are always interesting... definitely going to give that a shot in my next game.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-02 14:35:52

At 7/2/14 12:57 PM, Mattster wrote: That sounds really handy! Analytics are always interesting... definitely going to give that a shot in my next game.

I highly recommend them. There's no openfl version for the current state of their API, so I might work on that. Though I have no means of testing on android/mac/etc and probably not ios.

Another mystery bug that I can't replicate, another hopeful fix. I really need to spend less time on these games so my code doesn't turn to spaghetti.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-02 18:47:37

At 7/2/14 02:35 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 7/2/14 12:57 PM, Mattster wrote: That sounds really handy! Analytics are always interesting... definitely going to give that a shot in my next game.
I highly recommend them. There's no openfl version for the current state of their API, so I might work on that. Though I have no means of testing on android/mac/etc and probably not ios.

Since you recommend it, I'll try it too! I can't use the NG one (NutcaseNightmare has made an HTML5 version of the API, but she has only finished medals so far), and clay.io doesn't have logging.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-02 19:01:02

At 7/1/14 10:32 PM, swishcheese wrote:
At 7/1/14 07:52 PM, MSGhero wrote: Fixed that. Automatically opening doors plus some leftovers on the alpha map let you walk through locked doors.
Been away for a little while. Dude. Well done and congrats on front page appearance again, looks like the Juggernaut series is gonna make it famous on NG! In process of playing it, will give you more feedback when I finish it.

We can dream, haha. The next one will be quite a while away, barely even talked about it, so hopefully people don't forget about the games too much during the waiting periods. As much as I love the results, everything that goes into RPGs takes so much time to write, plan and draw so it'll be nice working on smaller projects for a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-03 07:27:15

Defeated first boss

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-03 08:06:09

At 7/3/14 07:27 AM, FlyingColours wrote: Defeated first boss

Nice! Wait until you reach the second ;)

BBS Signature