00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,906,722 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-03 22:16:26

Next time I code an HTML5 game again, I'll have to try out one of those OOP versions that compile back to regular JavaScript.

That's some spaghetti code I have here.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-03 23:28:13

At 7/3/14 10:16 PM, FlyingColours wrote: Next time I code an HTML5 game again, I'll have to try out one of those OOP versions that compile back to regular JavaScript.

That's some spaghetti code I have here.

Sounds about right.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 01:39:04

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hear
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy was 'e?

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 01:44:38

At 7/5/14 01:39 AM, egg82 wrote: Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hear

hear? Yes, hear.
God, I'm so exhausted.

Also, if anyone in the U.S. needs a job, I created an application that parses out craigslist e-mail addresses from whatever you search and sends your resume and cover letter to all of them. 100% success rate for finding real jobs so far. Just beware scams and crap, and also take down the name, location, what the job is, and callback number for each callback you get because otherwise you'll have no idea what you just went into an interview for. #lifeexperience

You can haz it here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 02:12:23

Hickory, dickory, dock
A mouse ran up a hear
The hear struck one
The mouse ran down
And then it drank a beer

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 12:29:13

We showing off book collections now, eh? I've got some Hemingway, too (I didn't like the Sun Also Rises, though). And a few of my books I want to replace because they were poorly published (The Time Machine, Heart of Darkness, and the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde). I also only put those four programming textbooks there to stop the books from tipping over, because I don't have a bookend.

I need to get more books.

Bigger version because why not?

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 12:33:19

At 7/5/14 03:16 AM, Innermike wrote: Has anyone here been following Jonathan Blow (and associates) tirade on OOP? I agree with p much everything the guy says, not that it's an argument for me to have.

Duck typing sounds hear, but I'd have to go lower level or use Reflection which sounds slow. "Classes suck" and the default file is called a class, not much I can do there. Plus I don't want to touch C again.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 13:49:33

I've got a plenty of classics at home. They're all from Wordsworth, and sell at $35 each (around $4-5 in USD).

My own RPG is near completion. Key features yet to be implemented:
-Preloading
-Medals and API integration
-Music
-Fancy schmancy scrollbars

I'd like to hear comments from you guys, if possible. ^^

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 13:56:46

At 7/5/14 01:49 PM, FlyingColours wrote: I'd like to hear comments from you guys, if possible. ^^

actually, don't look at it yet - important fix going on

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 14:09:24

My book collection has The Day My Butt Went Psycho, Zombie Butts from Uranus, and Butt Wars the Final Conflict. And a Spanish/English dictionary.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 14:19:04

At 7/5/14 02:09 PM, MSGhero wrote: My book collection has The Day My Butt Went Psycho, Zombie Butts from Uranus, and Butt Wars the Final Conflict. And a Spanish/English dictionary.

Heh, I have the first three, too.

Game has been fixed. :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 14:26:02

At 7/5/14 02:09 PM, MSGhero wrote: My book collection has The Day My Butt Went Psycho, Zombie Butts from Uranus, and Butt Wars the Final Conflict.

Proof that I have them!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 15:58:32

At 7/5/14 02:26 PM, FlyingColours wrote: Proof that I have them!

Those and his Just __ series changed my life.

I wish people would stop reporting bugs so I could delete my source code and wipe my memory of this game. Still haven't been able to replicate one.

In the analytics, I checked linux users' fp version, and they were all at 11.2 or 14. I felt so bad bc the 11.2s can't run the game.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 16:14:46

I haven't started much on reading. I've read a couple of e-versions of books suggested by some friends, but nothing major. These are all the hard copy books I own... :|

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-05 20:49:39

At 7/5/14 03:58 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 7/5/14 02:26 PM, FlyingColours wrote: Proof that I have them!
Those and his Just __ series changed my life.

You should get What Bumosaur Is That?, too. :) (I believe they have a Buttosaur edition, but Bumosaur is the one I have.)

I think the guy is one of the most creative authors out there, up there with Captain Underpants. If we ever run out of ideas in games, we can check out these books.

I wish people would stop reporting bugs so I could delete my source code and wipe my memory of this game. Still haven't been able to replicate one.

I know that feeling... But the source code for At The End has been involuntarily deleted, so I'm just going to have to leave it.

In the analytics, I checked linux users' fp version, and they were all at 11.2 or 14. I felt so bad bc the 11.2s can't run the game.

I'm just going to ignore users of IE9 & below for my game, and tell them to upgrade their browsers. *Evil laugh*

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-06 00:25:40

At 7/5/14 08:49 PM, FlyingColours wrote: You should get What Bumosaur Is That?, too. :) (I believe they have a Buttosaur edition, but Bumosaur is the one I have.)

Forgot about buttosaur (bumosaur sounds worse). I also have 2 versions of webster's dictionary and a thesaurus. And a hundred fantasy, young adult, harry potter clone books that I devoured during high school. Haven't read much since then, just some books required for an English lit class and cracked.com articles.

and twitter feed, which is sometimes novel-length when I wake up

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-06 02:57:37

15 seconds ago, I learnt that Firefox can test AJAX.

Why, oh why have I been using USBWebServer to do that?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-06 06:10:58

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-06 18:57:26

At 7/6/14 06:10 AM, FlyingColours wrote: Finished preloading and revival. Please, I need your comments and suggestions. :D
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/778014

It crashes my browser tab on my laptop, and I can't reach the action buttons on my phone. I scroll and zoom out to get to them, but then the view resets itself to where the buttons aren't within my screen.

I see bug reports in the game reviews tab, and I'm like fuck. But then I notice they're for the previous game, so it's all good. Post mortem first draft is done.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-06 19:26:03

At 7/6/14 06:57 PM, MSGhero wrote: It crashes my browser tab on my laptop, and I can't reach the action buttons on my phone. I scroll and zoom out to get to them, but then the view resets itself to where the buttons aren't within my screen.

Well, darn. -_- Yeah, it's not mobile-optimised. What browser/OS are you using on your laptop? I know there might be problems since I've added lots of CSS3.

I see bug reports in the game reviews tab, and I'm like fuck. But then I notice they're for the previous game, so it's all good. Post mortem first draft is done.

Looking forward to reading about your torment again. (evil laugh)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-06 19:30:58

At 7/6/14 07:26 PM, FlyingColours wrote: Well, darn. -_- Yeah, it's not mobile-optimised. What browser/OS are you using on your laptop? I know there might be problems since I've added lots of CSS3.

Win7, beta chrome

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-07 01:48:23

At 7/6/14 07:30 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 7/6/14 07:26 PM, FlyingColours wrote: Well, darn. -_- Yeah, it's not mobile-optimised. What browser/OS are you using on your laptop? I know there might be problems since I've added lots of CSS3.
Win7, beta chrome

I've commented out the clay.io API, which might have been causing problems. Does it work now?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-07 02:40:06

At 7/7/14 01:48 AM, FlyingColours wrote: I've commented out the clay.io API, which might have been causing problems. Does it work now?

Chrome says "waiting for webplayer.unity3d.com" and it either taking forever or not loading. On my phone it didn't take long at all to load. I tested on a windows tablet (I guess internet explorer), and it worked fine and I can actually see the buttons. Lunge not lung. It's a bit...dull I guess. Each piranha seems to make the same text show up with each option. And I kinda didn't read anything, I suggest a bigger and better font with less but more varied text.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-07 04:21:42

At 7/7/14 02:40 AM, MSGhero wrote:
At 7/7/14 01:48 AM, FlyingColours wrote: I've commented out the clay.io API, which might have been causing problems. Does it work now?
Chrome says "waiting for webplayer.unity3d.com" and it either taking forever or not loading. On my phone it didn't take long at all to load. I tested on a windows tablet (I guess internet explorer), and it worked fine and I can actually see the buttons.

I checked my publication details, and I certainly didn't check the Unity3D option. Guess it's something I can't control...

Lunge not lung.

Fixed :) (Only took a few seconds, haha)

It's a bit...dull I guess. Each piranha seems to make the same text show up with each option. And I kinda didn't read anything, I suggest a bigger and better font with less but more varied text.

I actually have 12 texts for each opponent (on average, some may have 11 or 13): 3 when you attack, 3 when you miss, 3 when your opponent attacks, 3 when your opponent misses. I think I'll add some variety to the two other options though. My mum complained about the font size too. Not sure if I can find a better font, but I'll up the font weight and font size in CSS so the text looks clearer. I think I'll also give the player some base EXP a the beginning so I can bring up the turtle earlier (i.e. more variety).

Anyway, thanks for the review. I'm going to make those changes now. :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-08 16:48:20

Trying to sign up to take the GRE, and their website is so crap. You get to the end of the application before you realize which version of the test you're taking, and the payment options are different. Waited a week for a paypal transfer, and then I find out the version I'm taking doesn't accept paypal. I hate everything.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-08 17:49:19

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-08 18:08:18

on the same note: My god, this dev D:

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-08 18:54:58

At 7/8/14 06:08 PM, egg82 wrote: on the same note: My god, this dev D:

I saw some british guy's review of that and it was hilarious.

Post Mortem. TLDR is to use existing libraries.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-08 20:06:55

At 7/8/14 06:54 PM, MSGhero wrote: Post Mortem. TLDR is to use existing libraries.

But I like MY code better :P

Also this

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2014-07-09 04:54:27

At 7/8/14 04:48 PM, MSGhero wrote: Trying to sign up to take the GRE, and their website is so crap. You get to the end of the application before you realize which version of the test you're taking, and the payment options are different. Waited a week for a paypal transfer, and then I find out the version I'm taking doesn't accept paypal. I hate everything.

That really sucked. :(

At 7/8/14 05:49 PM, egg82 wrote:
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha..

I'm laughing so hard! Even *my* games might actually be better than that.